PDA

View Full Version : Who is "whiter" Lebanese or Syrians?

barbatus
07-19-2014, 05:25 AM
First of all, to clarify, what I mean by "white" is "Who has lighter skin and higher occurrences of blondism and lighter eyes". Lebanese people seem very depigmented and I've certainly seen many light haired/eyed Lebanese. At the same time Syrians (especially Alawites and those closer to the coast) tend to appear quite light skinned too. My old boss was Syrian and he had blue eyes and pale skin. So, who do you think is lighter, Lebanese or Syrians?

Sikeliot
07-19-2014, 05:30 AM
Syria has more strikingly light outliers, but the average Lebanese would pass better in Europe than the average Syrian.

alfieb
07-19-2014, 05:32 AM
Lebanon is an artificial entity created by the French to create a state for the Christians in Syria. Many of the people in "Lebanon" had European admixture, and most of which had not been Arabized over the last 1000 years. Based on that alone, the Lebanese are obviously always going to be lighter on average than Syrians.

barbatus
07-19-2014, 05:50 AM
Syria has more strikingly light outliers, but the average Lebanese would pass better in Europe than the average Syrian.
I think that's a fair assessment.

Sikeliot
07-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Apart from the ones with recent Egyptian ancestry, many Palestinians can be quite light too. Just look at Gilgamesh900's family... he has an uncle who looks like a typical European Alpine type with light eyes, and then randomguy1235 looks similar facially to me, only less European.

Dynamo
07-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Lebanon is an artificial entity created by the French to create a state for the Christians in Syria. Many of the people in "Lebanon" had European admixture, and most of which had not been Arabized over the last 1000 years. Based on that alone, the Lebanese are obviously always going to be lighter on average than Syrians.

What about the Muslim lebanese?

alfieb
07-19-2014, 03:00 PM
What about the Muslim lebanese?
What about them? They were a minority until the civil war.

Tooting Carmen
07-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Excluding the Bedouins in the far South of Syria, the differences between the two groups appear to be minimal. Besides, nowhere outside Europe or European-descended countries has an especially high percentage of light hair/eyes, unless you count 2-3% light hair and 15% light eyes (roughly the proportions in both countries) as 'high'.

Robocop
07-19-2014, 03:08 PM
This is a tough one, but my vote goes to Syrians.

vladislaw
07-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Excluding the Bedouins in the far South of Syria, the differences between the two groups appear to be minimal. Besides, nowhere outside Europe or European-descended countries has an especially high percentage of light hair/eyes, unless you count 2-3% light hair and 15% light eyes (roughly the proportions in both countries) as 'high'.

15% of light eyes is too much even for Turkey and Armenia, let alone Syria/Lebanon.

Dynamo
07-19-2014, 03:23 PM
15% of light eyes is too much even for Turkey and Armenia, let alone Syria/Lebanon.

Afghans( Pashtuns and Tajiks ) have 10%. Turkey must have atleast 15%

barbatus
07-20-2014, 07:32 AM
Afghans( Pashtuns and Tajiks ) have 10%. Turkey must have atleast 15%
What about Persians/Iranians? They have people who look exceptionally light. Just Google image search Hassan Khomeini and Mohammad-Ali Ramin. Surely Iran must have a relatively high percentage of European looking people (the people I mentioned are fantastic examples). Probably even higher than Lebanon or Syria.

interes
07-20-2014, 07:37 AM
armenians are lighter

barbatus
07-20-2014, 07:40 AM
armenians are lighter
I've never seen an Armenian as light as Hassan Khomeini or Mohammad Ali Ramin. I've never seen an Armenian with blue eyes and blond hair.

Dombra
07-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Lebanese

interes
07-20-2014, 07:49 AM
I've never seen an Armenian as light as Hassan Khomeini or Mohammad Ali Ramin. I've never seen an Armenian with blue eyes and blond hair.

And you think Lebanese or Syrians are lighter tha Armenians?

barbatus
07-20-2014, 08:27 AM
And you think Lebanese or Syrians are lighter tha Armenians?
No, I didn't say that. Armenians are lighter than Syrians and Lebanese. I think Iranians are lighter than all three. A portion of Iranians look almost northern European

Dynamo
07-20-2014, 02:19 PM
What about Persians/Iranians? They have people who look exceptionally light. Just Google image search Hassan Khomeini and Mohammad-Ali Ramin. Surely Iran must have a relatively high percentage of European looking people (the people I mentioned are fantastic examples). Probably even higher than Lebanon or Syria.

Have you seen light afghans? Il pm you.

barbatus
07-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Have you seen light afghans? Il pm you.
You mean ethnic Pashtun people? Yeah, I've seen some light examples in photographs and whatnot. I'm not sure how common that actually is in Afghanistan though. I don't think there are many who could pass as European. Though I could be wrong.

StonyArabia
03-27-2015, 07:59 PM
Syrians

blubb
03-27-2015, 08:09 PM
Syrians ar lighter but people are ONLY saying Lebanon here because of Christianity...

Well, Muslim Levantines do have more SSA input on average than their Christian counterparts so it makes sense

Corporate_Demolisher
08-30-2021, 09:07 PM
Syrians by a slight margin.

CommonSense
08-31-2021, 01:53 AM
Syrians have more light outliers, but also a lot more dark and exotic types.