PDA

View Full Version : why palestinians never opposed the other "occupying" countries in palestine?

EyeOfTheTiger
07-19-2014, 07:04 PM
why didn't they oppose jordan ruling judea and samartia(west bank) for 19 years?
why didn't they oppose egypt ruling gaza for 19 years?
why didn't they oppose the british mandate?
why didn't they oppose the ottoman empire ruling it?

could you name me one palestinian poet from the 18's century?
could you send me a website about the palestinian people's history?

EyeOfTheTiger
07-20-2014, 03:50 PM
seems like no one has an answer? cool :)

Styrian Mujo
07-20-2014, 03:53 PM
:picard2:

EyeOfTheTiger
07-20-2014, 07:45 PM
:picard2:

it would be better if youll answer instead of facepalming

Prisoner Of Ice
07-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Generally speaking they probably did oppose them. Then they got killed off, and the history was 'forgotten'. I suspect that happened to many people who just sort of disappeared. Don't believe in ottoman 'tolerance'. Tolerance just means they would not kill you outright. Things like being taken off your land and forced into army, forced to colonize some crummy land while your developed homeland is stolen, forced to marry into other populations and all sorts of playing god with people's lives is actually common through history. Christians for example are slowly whittled down all through muslim world but no one mentions one peep about this while some farcical manufactured conflict that could have been setlled decades ago gets artificially dragged out by people who want to get rid of the jews at any cost.

alfieb
07-20-2014, 08:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLO#Creation

The Arab League in Cairo Summit 1964 initiated the creation of an organization representing the Palestinian people.[21]

The Palestinian National Council convened in Jerusalem on 28 May 1964. Concluding this meeting the PLO was founded on 2 June 1964. Its Statement of Proclamation of the Organization[22] declared "... the right of the Palestinian Arab people to its sacred homeland Palestine and affirming the inevitability of the battle to liberate the usurped part from it, and its determination to bring out its effective revolutionary entity and the mobilization of the capabilities and potentialities and its material, military and spiritual forces".

Due to the influence of the Egyptian President Nasser, the PLO supported 'Pan-Arabism', as advocated by him – this was the ideology that the Arabs should live in one state. The first executive committee was formed on 9 August, with Ahmad Shuqeiri as its leader.[citation needed]

In spite of the 1949 Armistice Agreements, the Arab states remained unreconciled to Israel's creation as they had been to the proposed partition of Palestine in 1948. Therefore, the Palestinian National Charter of 1964[23] stated: "The claims of historic and spiritual ties between Jews and Palestine are not in agreement with the facts of history or with the true basis of sound statehood... [T]he Jews are not one people with an independent personality because they are citizens to their states." (Article 18).

Although Egypt and Jordan supported the creation of a Palestinian state on land that they recognised as being occupied by Israel, they would not grant sovereignty to the Palestinian people in lands under Jordanian and Egyptian military occupation, amounting to 53% of the territory allocated to Arabs under the UN Partition Plan. Hence, Article 24: "This Organization does not exercise any territorial sovereignty over the West Bank, the Gaza Strip or in the Himmah Area.

In other words, the PLO was created to demand that Israel give up its land, but didn't say a damn thing about the West Bank (Jordan) or Gaza (Egypt). Palestinian leaders have always been hypocritical assholes. Arafag was the worst.

Yehiel
07-20-2014, 08:04 PM
dont forget this question..

Whats the difference between a Palestinian and a Jordanian?

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 08:12 PM
They did rebel against the Ottoman empire.......

Yehiel
07-20-2014, 08:15 PM
They did rebel against the Ottoman empire.......

That was people living in Palestine (geographic region) not a people called Palestinians

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 08:16 PM
That was people living in Palestine (geographic region) not a people called Palestinians

And those were the Arab population of the region called Palestine so basically it qualifies them as Palestinians (for example the jewish population supported the Ottomans)

Yehiel
07-20-2014, 08:18 PM
And those were the Arab population of the region called Palestine so basically it qualifies them as Palestinians (for example the jewish population supported the Ottomans)

We are talking about a united people called Palestinians. a people other than Arabs

Wadaad
07-20-2014, 08:21 PM
why didn't they oppose jordan ruling judea and samartia(west bank) for 19 years?

because resisting the zionist oppression was so great it has molded a people (Jerusalem Arabs, Galilean arabs, Gazan Arabs, Hebron Arabs, Jericho Arabs, etc) into a nation (Palestinians). That will definitely be in the history books...

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 08:22 PM
We are talking about a united people called Palestinians. a people other than Arabs

The Palestinians were always all people who are historically related to that Area.
(For example if Israel wouldnt have been founded the Jews in that region would be Jewish Palestinians)

Yehiel
07-20-2014, 08:24 PM
because resisting the zionist oppression was so great it has molded a people (Jerusalem Arabs, Galilean arabs, Gazan Arabs, Hebron Arabs, Jericho Arabs, etc) into a nation (Palestinians). That will definitely be in the history books...

No the reason they are so strong now is because Israel is to weak to handle them. Every little hint of a rebelion when the Arabs controlled Gaza and Jordan they were massacred. Do you remember Black September? Probably not.

Yehiel
07-20-2014, 08:25 PM
The Palestinians were always all people who are historically related to that Area.
(For example if Israel wouldnt have been founded the Jews in that region would be Jewish Palestinians)

So the Jewish Palestinians, were culturally Palestinian, wove a Palestinian flag etc? your missing the point.

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 08:45 PM
So the Jewish Palestinians, were culturally Palestinian, wove a Palestinian flag etc? your missing the point.

I know what you want me to say.....
You want me to say that the Palestinians never existed and are just a bunch of Arabs.......
Eventhough they are genetically proven to be natives of that region who were arabized

EyeOfTheTiger
07-20-2014, 08:51 PM
You want me to say that the Palestinians never existed and are just a bunch of Arabs.......
Eventhough they are genetically proven to be natives of that region who were arabized
they are natives to the region and arabized, but only genetically.
culturally speaking they are nothing but regular arabs.
(they also view themselves as only arabs)

Mraz
07-20-2014, 08:52 PM

Those occupiers didn't steal land, forbade the Palestinians to move freely, Israel does.
Palestine as nation maybe didn't exist, but people owned land that Israelis have stole, today Anglojew could have more rights on a field belonging to a Palestinian than a Palestinian whose family cultivated it during centuries.

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 08:52 PM
they are natives to the region and arabized, but only genetically.
culturally speaking they are nothing but regular arabs.
(they also view themselves as only arabs)

A Palestinian is vastly different then a Bedoin Arab

EyeOfTheTiger
07-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Those occupiers didn't steal land, forbade the Palestinians to move freely, Israel does.
Palestine as nation maybe didn't exist, but people owned land that Israelis have stole, today Anglojew could have more rights on a field belonging to a Palestinian than a Palestinian whose family cultivated it during centuries.
the problem is that they attacked israel with 5 arab armies before israel occupied and stole their homes. im talking about the the palestinian state in 1948.

EyeOfTheTiger
07-20-2014, 08:55 PM
A Palestinian is vastly different then a Bedoin Arab
levantine arabs as general are quite the same.

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 09:03 PM
levantine arabs as general are quite the same.

Because they all are related to that area

Yehiel
07-20-2014, 09:04 PM

They are just Arabs, they never identified themselves otherwise culturally until 1948

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 09:05 PM
They are just Arabs, they never identified themselves otherwise culturally until 1948

So tell me why are there many different Arab states if they are the same?

Yehiel
07-20-2014, 09:54 PM

Thats what they called themselves, before Israel

Prisoner Of Ice
07-21-2014, 04:37 AM

Haha. No.

alfieb
07-21-2014, 04:57 AM
Why are there so many Nordic states? Why are there so many German states? Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, you can get a nosebleed counting all of them.

At least the Yugoslav countries split on religion, but the Scandinavians are all Lutheran.

It's not just Arabs. A lot of countries exist for no realistic reason and were created by happenstance.

RMuller
07-21-2014, 05:19 AM

Arabs who are called Palestinians have lived in Palestine for 2,000 years. Christian Palestinians are descendants of the first Christians. Jews should go back were they came from like Europe,Ethiopia,Iran,Yemen,Iraq,
Morroco,Tunisia,South Africa etc.

Prisoner Of Ice
07-21-2014, 07:58 AM
http://media.chick.com/tractimages67491/0007/0007_16.gif

alfieb
07-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Haha. No.

The word Palestinian is directly derived from the word Philistine. The Philistines were a people from Gaza in the Bible who predated the Jewish arrival to the area. If one is a Christian or a Jew, they would say that God gave the land to the Jews and that is all that matters. But for a Muslim or someone who is not an adherent to an Abrahamic faith, if the Palestine=Philistine claims are true, then they do indeed have the oldest claim to their lands.

randomguy1235
07-21-2014, 09:03 AM
dont forget this question..

Whats the difference between a Palestinian and a Jordanian?

The difference is that Jordanians are a nationality, while Palestinians are an ethnicity. Jordan only comprises of 50% Palestinians. The rest are Egyptians, Iraqis, Syrians, and Bedouins.

EyeOfTheTiger
07-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Arabs who are called Palestinians have lived in Palestine for 2,000 years. Christian Palestinians are descendants of the first Christians. Jews should go back were they came from like Europe,Ethiopia,Iran,Yemen,Iraq,

Going back where? To those countries which see us as foreigners? To go away from our original and historical home? To suffer again hundreds of pogroms and hatred? To have a second holocaust? No thank you.

EyeOfTheTiger
07-21-2014, 10:10 AM
The word Palestinian is directly derived from the word Philistine. The Philistines were a people from Gaza in the Bible who predated the Jewish arrival to the area. If one is a Christian or a Jew, they would say that God gave the land to the Jews and that is all that matters. But for a Muslim or someone who is not an adherent to an Abrahamic faith, if the Palestine=Philistine claims are true, then they do indeed have the oldest claim to their lands.

Phillistines and palestinians have nothing to do with each other. The roman warlord Adrianos which depressed the jews in the first roman-jewish war changed the name of the kingdom of israel to provinika palestina(phillistines) in order to erase jewish connection to this land. That's why this place is called palestine.

RussiaPrussia
07-21-2014, 10:13 AM
because they didnt lived in a concentration camp during that time

alfieb
07-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Phillistines and palestinians have nothing to do with each other. The roman warlord Adrianos which depressed the jews in the first roman-jewish war changed the name of the kingdom of israel to provinika palestina(phillistines) in order to erase jewish connection to this land. That's why this place is called palestine.

Who lived in Gaza during that time?

http://static.newworldencyclopedia.org/thumb/2/2c/Divided-kingdom.JPG/350px-Divided-kingdom.JPG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Kingdom_of_Israel_1020_map.svg
https://holylandstudy.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/palestine-6th-1st-bc-and-roman-provincess-1st-7th-c-a-d-map.jpg

Now, I don't have a side in the fight, but I've never seen any legitimate evidence that Gaza was thoroughly Judaized. As a matter of fact, at the time of the Roman occupation of Israel, the Jews became partially Hellenized.

Anglojew
07-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Why would Arafat rebel against Egypt? He was born in Cairo

Styrian Mujo
07-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Going back where? To those countries which see us as foreigners? To go away from our original and historical home? To suffer again hundreds of pogroms and hatred? To have a second holocaust? No thank you.
We would be better of without you.

Anglojew
07-21-2014, 10:38 AM
The difference is that Jordanians are a nationality, while Palestinians are an ethnicity. Jordan only comprises of 50% Palestinians. The rest are Egyptians, Iraqis, Syrians, and Bedouins.

But Palestine comprised both the east and west banks of the Jordan under the Turks and British (until 1921). The only difference is the Hashemites were given the East Bank.

Are you saying there were no indigenous people east of the Jordan?

EyeOfTheTiger
07-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Who lived in Gaza during that time?

http://static.newworldencyclopedia.org/thumb/2/2c/Divided-kingdom.JPG/350px-Divided-kingdom.JPG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Kingdom_of_Israel_1020_map.svg
https://holylandstudy.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/palestine-6th-1st-bc-and-roman-provincess-1st-7th-c-a-d-map.jpg

Now, I don't have a side in the fight, but I've never seen any legitimate evidence that Gaza was thoroughly Judaized. As a matter of fact, at the time of the Roman occupation of Israel, the Jews became partially Hellenized.

phillistines weren't of israelite/canaanite/semitic origin. they were sea people coming from now today greece, and disappeared about 100-200 AD

Anglojew
07-21-2014, 10:41 AM

According the Ramdomguy, a Palestinian, most of Jordan is comprised of foreigners. Should they also go back where they came from?

Also, the first Christians were...Jews

alfieb
07-21-2014, 10:42 AM
phillistines weren't of israelite/canaanite/semitic origin. they were sea people coming from now today greece, and disappeared about 100-200 AD

Then why do Palestinians and Israelis cluster together?

Anglojew would say, because Palestinians are Jews

Which would mean that they have as much right to live there as anyone else, except that they are Muslim and Christian and speak Arabic.

EyeOfTheTiger
07-21-2014, 10:43 AM

because palestinians are not phillistines

Anglojew
07-21-2014, 10:45 AM
The solution:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?133712-The-Pan-Israelist-Ideology-and-Palestinian-Zionism

EyeOfTheTiger
07-21-2014, 10:45 AM
We would be better of without you.
shut up

Anglojew
07-21-2014, 10:52 AM

Anglojew would say, because Palestinians are Jews

Which would mean that they have as much right to live there as anyone else, except that they are Muslim and Christian and speak Arabic.

They're not Jews per se they derive, partly like modern Jews, from a common population. They're closer to Israelites although some might literally be descended from Judeans eg Jews also.

Yes, Judaism and hebrew are indigenous to Palestine whereas Arabic and Islam are indigenous to Arabia.

This is why I've modified my view somewhat and now believe we should assimilate palestinians entirely eg hebrewise and Judaise them.

I think they will make fine Jews.

Anglojew
07-21-2014, 10:54 AM

That's not entirely true. You're merging state land and private property issues.

Yehiel
07-21-2014, 02:32 PM

Oh really? name me a Palestinian that was born in the 1700's.

StonyArabia
07-21-2014, 03:37 PM

They might have but they were not really accepting of it, but it was for them better than the Israeli alternative.

QUOTE=EyeOfTiger]why didn't they oppose egypt ruling gaza for 19 years?[/QUOTE]

Same as the above.

They certainly did in the 1936 to 1939 Arab revolts

Yes they did rebel against the Ottomans, most people have rebelled against the Ottomans, apart from a small a Emirate in Arabia, which later found itself part of the newly formed Saudi state.

Yes I can not only poets but intellectuals from all fields in the 18th and the 19th century. The politician, historian, and educator Izzat Darwaza who is a Palestinian from the 18th century, Wasif Jawhariyyeh a musician from 18th century as well,Khalil Beidas, May Ziade, and there are more.

There are many, but all archives of the people that ruled the area show an existence of a people who referred to themselves as Palestinians, and they certainly did not pop out of thin air, or Arab and North African immigrants who migrated to Israel because of the Zionist miracle, and thus this has been proven to be a myth. Genetics simply does not agree with it, and it largely shows Palestinians being indigenous and are the continuation of the people who have lived there.

StonyArabia
07-21-2014, 03:47 PM

Do you really believe it was empty?

EyeOfTheTiger
07-21-2014, 03:59 PM
They might have but they were not really accepting of it, but it was for them better than the Israeli alternative.

QUOTE=EyeOfTiger]why didn't they oppose egypt ruling gaza for 19 years?

Same as the above.

They certainly did in the 1936 to 1939 Arab revolts

Yes they did rebel against the Ottomans, most people have rebelled against the Ottomans, apart from a small a Emirate in Arabia, which later found itself part of the newly formed Saudi state.

Yes I can not only poets but intellectuals from all fields in the 18th and the 19th century. The politician, historian, and educator Izzat Darwaza who is a Palestinian from the 18th century, Wasif Jawhariyyeh a musician from 18th century as well,Khalil Beidas, May Ziade, and there are more.

There are many, but all archives of the people that ruled the area show an existence of a people who referred to themselves as Palestinians, and they certainly did not pop out of thin air, or Arab and North African immigrants who migrated to Israel because of the Zionist miracle, and thus this has been proven to be a myth. Genetics simply does not agree with it, and it largely shows Palestinians being indigenous and are the continuation of the people who have lived there.
Fatah(which was a terror organization at that time) did establish under jordanian rule of the west bank. but it was under the 4 latest years of the jordanian rule, and it did almost nothing against the jordanians. that's the only thing against jordan.
there weren't any palestinian revolts against egypt also. i understand that they are arabic populations and probably closer culturaly to palestinians, but it doesn't change anything, for the sole reason they declare for independence.

most of the arab revolts under the british mandate were against the zionists and the jews living there, 1929 Palestine riots, Jaffa rioots and more. palestinians almost did nothing against the british people. while the jews had their own terrorist organizations that did rebel the british people.

could you give me a source for the palestinian revolts against the ottomans? thank you.

most of the palestinian people you gave were a part of the pioneers and inventors of the palestinian nationality(which i dont deny in any way). before does people it wasn't called a nationality and im not that sure if they even called themselves palestinians and not just arabs living in a region called palestine. only the nationalists that went against the zionists clearly considered themselves as a part of the palestinian nation.

i dont care if some of them were immigrants or not and i don't care about them being indigenious by genetics. genetic tell you nothing about those people. they are arabic people considering themselves as arabs and nothing else but this. they don't consider themselves israelites and their culture and language is not really indegenious to that land.

Yehiel
07-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Do you really believe it was empty?

im not saying it was empty, they were people living there but the idea of a distinct people called Palestinians wasnt.

StonyArabia
07-21-2014, 05:44 PM
im not saying it was empty, they were people living there but the idea of a distinct people called Palestinians wasnt.

The people might have not been called Palestinians, but that area was, and they clearly had a unique culture that differed them from the other Arab speakers in the region.The term Palestinian might be recent one to identify a group of people within that particular vicinity, but Israeli is far more recent and would be more artificial in that regard.

RMuller
07-21-2014, 07:30 PM

The people living there are the ancestors of the Palestinians. Who do you think made up 95% of the population of Jerusalem?

Their was only 5,000 Jew in what is now called Israel-Palestine while Arabs "Palestinians" pop was 750,000.

RMuller
07-21-2014, 07:33 PM

The politician, historian, and educator Izzat Darwaza who is a Palestinian from the 18th century, Wasif Jawhariyyeh a musician from 18th century as well,Khalil Beidas, May Ziade, and there are more.

Yehiel
07-21-2014, 07:33 PM
The people living there are the ancestors of the Palestinians. Who do you think made up 95% of the population of Jerusalem?

Their was only 5,000 Jew in what is now called Israel-Palestine while Arabs "Palestinians" pop was 750,000.

Jews have been a majority in Jerusalem since the 1800's

RMuller
07-21-2014, 07:34 PM

Jews are foreigners to Palestine-Israel.

EyeOfTheTiger
07-21-2014, 08:10 PM
The people might have not been called Palestinians, but that area was, and they clearly had a unique culture that differed them from the other Arab speakers in the region.The term Palestinian might be recent one to identify a group of people within that particular vicinity, but Israeli is far more recent and would be more artificial in that regard.
the nationality of the israeli jews is not israeli but jewish.

EyeOfTheTiger
07-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Jews are foreigners to Palestine-Israel.

jews are the original people of this land.
(i don't deny the relevance of palestinians in this land, they do belong it too).