PDA

View Full Version : (When) will Kosova change its flag and anthem?

alfieb
07-25-2014, 10:51 AM
They both suck badly, but I suppose if their long-term goal is to become part of Albania, in the short term it is irrelevant that they have the ugliest flag in Europe and one of the worst anthems.

It's not like the Kosovar Albanians really chose them anyway. The United Nations basically forced vague non-Albanian symbols upon them.

What say you all? Within 5 years? 10? 20? Never?

Minesweeper
07-25-2014, 10:59 AM
When they get the green light. They have to act as a multiculti and tolerant society now.

alfieb
07-25-2014, 11:01 AM
When they get the green light. They have to act as a multiculti and tolerant society now.
It's a shame.

Republika Srpska doesn't pretend to be multi-ethnic. Its flag is basically that of Serbia's.

KrashNick
07-25-2014, 11:07 AM
They both suck badly, but I suppose if their long-term goal is to become part of Albania, in the short term it is irrelevant that they have the ugliest flag in Europe and one of the worst anthems.

It's not like the Kosovar Albanians really chose them anyway. The United Nations basically forced vague non-Albanian symbols upon them.

What say you all? Within 5 years? 10? 20? Never?

Yes that's true .

I agree with you that both sucks but I wish we had this flag instead of that one we have now .

http://i49.tinypic.com/flaq6d.jpg

Minesweeper
07-25-2014, 11:28 AM
It's a shame.

Republika Srpska doesn't pretend to be multi-ethnic. Its flag is basically that of Serbia's.

It's a national entity inside BiH. If Kosovo had, let's say a Serbian autonomous region it would also have Serbian national tricolor as it's flag. Country as a whole has neutral symbols. Just look at the official flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

KrashNick
07-25-2014, 11:35 AM
It's a national entity inside BiH. If Kosovo had, let's say a Serbian autonomous region it would also have Serbian national tricolor as it's flag. Country as a whole has neutral symbols. Just look at the official flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

You have one white star in our flag , what do you want more :D . The stars symbolize other ethnic groups too .

alfieb
07-25-2014, 11:38 AM

At least the UN allowed BiH to keep their colors.

Minesweeper
07-25-2014, 11:52 AM
You have one white star in our flag , what do you want more :D . The stars symbolize other ethnic groups too .

Starts symbolize lots of things. :D

At least the UN allowed BiH to keep their colors.

The UN made BiH nonfunctional. When there are national rallies, like football games or similar events, no one carries the official flag of BiH. The same feeling all national groups have for the common institutions of that country. It will eventually collapse, that's why making it was a mistake from the start. Only people who made profit from its existence are certain UN and EU official who earned good money while serving there and they still do.

Arianiti
07-26-2014, 02:46 PM
You can not compare BiH and Koosva. Kosova has 90% or more Albanian population while minorities represent insignificant numbers, who were widespread in Kosova thus the occupied territory by Serbs is not theirs but also Albos.

To be honest no one fucking knows who made that flag it appeared 10 minutes after or before the declaration of independence was read, and no one saw it beside Thaci till then, so it is Thaci's flag.

Arianiti
07-26-2014, 02:52 PM
When will it change?

It will change when Kosova will not be influenced by international community who play some shitty game with us citizens of Kosova. They dictate their own rules here, and tell us what identity to create!! That will fail of course in due time. Kosova should have its referendum about its will on everything not only flag when time comes.

I think there is no place is in the world more ethnically pure than Kosova and they experiment here multi-ethnicity..:bored: Imagine 4 types of romas to have a star in a flag in a state with 90% and more Albanian population.

dralos
07-26-2014, 06:00 PM
i really hate that flag

The.Mask
07-26-2014, 06:13 PM
The new generation of Albanians of Kosova tending to like too much this flag and the new state. So i believe never.

Too much people love this NEWBORN shit thing.

Minesweeper
07-26-2014, 06:14 PM
When will it change?

It will change when Kosova will not be influenced by international community who play some shitty game with us citizens of Kosova. They dictate their own rules here, and tell us what identity to create!! That will fail of course in due time. Kosova should have its referendum about its will on everything not only flag when time comes.

I think there is no place is in the world more ethnically pure than Kosova and they experiment here multi-ethnicity..:bored: Imagine 4 types of romas to have a star in a flag in a state with 90% and more Albanian population.

You asked for NATO help, what do you expect now? They won't left you alone and why should they, you are 100% dependent on them.

dralos
07-26-2014, 06:17 PM
You asked for NATO help, what do you expect now? They won't left you alone and why should they, you are 100% dependent on them.
you know its very different what you were doing is what is real is doing in gaza so you basically invited nato to come

Vullkan
07-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Albanians are a small nation if they are divided they are weak .No need to have two or three albanian states its economically inefficient. But unfortunately we cant decide alone this.

alb0zfinest
07-28-2014, 02:21 AM

Its not really "acting" Its more like reality. Serbs get schools in their own language, even the news is reported in Albanian and Serbian, Serbs have reserved seats in government (not to mention a disproportional amount of seats considering they make up such a small number) etc etc. Now lets compare that to the Albanian minority in Serbia...... lol.

alfieb
07-28-2014, 02:28 AM
Its not really "acting" Its more like reality. Serbs get schools in their own language, even the news is reported in Albanian and Serbian, Serbs have reserved seats in government (not to mention a disproportional amount of seats considering they make up such a small number) etc etc. Now lets compare that to the Albanian minority in Serbia...... lol.

Many countries do that.

Cyprus, for example, has it in their constitution that their parliament must have one Roman Catholic, one Maronite Catholic, and one Armenian Orthodox member. In Romania, it is a lot more multicultural, as they reserve seats for Jews, Tatars, Czechoslovakians, Germans, Serbs, Poles, and a whole bunch of others... and the Hungarian minority there have a disproportionately high number of seats, too.

That is what a Mediterranean country would do. Unfortunately, that is not what a Slavic country would do. Bulgaria, for example, does not have set parliament seats for specific minorities.

alb0zfinest
07-28-2014, 02:30 AM
Many countries do that.

Cyprus, for example, has it in their constitution that their parliament must have one Roman Catholic, one Maronite Catholic, and one Armenian Orthodox member. In Romania, it is a lot more multicultural, as they reserve seats for Jews, Tatars, Czechoslovakians, Germans, Serbs, Poles, and a whole bunch of others... and the Hungarian minority there have a disproportionately high number of seats, too.

That is what a Mediterranean country would do. Unfortunately, that is not what a Slavic country would do. Bulgaria, for example, does not have set parliament seats for specific minorities.

For European countries outside of the European union this is very rare.

By the way the Serbian language schools in Kosova are funded by the government this isn't even private schools lol.

alfieb
07-28-2014, 02:32 AM
For European countries outside of the European union this is very rare.

Nearly all European countries outside of EU are Slavic.

By the way the Serbian language schools in Kosova are funded by the government this isn't even private schools lol.
Same for Albanian schools in Sicily.

ProTroll
07-28-2014, 02:35 AM
As far as i know even the albanians dislike the kosovars and don't want to be associated with them

alfieb
07-28-2014, 02:37 AM
As far as i know even the albanians dislike the kosovars and don't want to be associated with them
Apparently not very far.

alb0zfinest
07-28-2014, 02:37 AM
Nearly all European countries outside of EU are Slavic.

Same for Albanian schools in Sicily.

There is no need for all this Slavic hate man. If the Slavs here are bothering you there is no need to generalize. Infact even in this forum there are kind slavs, so give them a chance man.

I didn't know that. But to be honest I am against that. I think if you are living in a foreign country, if you want schools with your own language it should be privately funded.
Anyways I was just pointing it out because even in multicultural and progressive countries like the United States you don't really have that (maybe some states that I don't know about have it but you get the point.)

alb0zfinest
07-28-2014, 02:40 AM

I don't know who told you that, or if you came to that conclusion all on your own, but thats incorrect.

ProTroll
07-28-2014, 02:40 AM
There is no need for all this Slavic hate man. If the Slavs here are bothering you there is no need to generalize. Infact even in this forum there are kind slavs, so give them a chance man.

I didn't know that. But to be honest I am against that. I think if you are living in a foreign country, if you want schools with your own language it should be privately funded.
Anyways I was just pointing it out because even in multicultural and progressive countries in the United States you don't really have that (maybe some states that I don't know about have it but you get the point.)

The problem is the balkans is the pan-slavism bs and orthodoxy.Just look at Serbia and Bulgaria,they write in cyrilic despite the fact that they're dominant haplogroup is a thracian one and virtually they have nothing in common with the slavs.

Tacitus
07-28-2014, 02:43 AM

Anyways I was just pointing it out because even in multicultural and progressive countries in the United States you don't really have that (maybe some states that I don't know about have it but you get the point.)

Albanian (in actuality Arbereshe) is a protected minority language, so classes are offered in schools in Sicily and Calabria, or wherever else Arbereshe communities exist. Same goes for other such protected minority languages throughout Italy.

alfieb
07-28-2014, 02:45 AM
Albanian (in actuality Arbereshe) is a protected minority language, so classes are offered in schools in Sicily and Calabria, or wherever else Arbereshe communities exist. Same goes for other such protected minority languages throughout Italy.

Exactly. It is a recognized official language in their towns. Signs are in Albanian, churches are Eastern rite Albanian Catholic, schools teach Arbereshe dialect of Tosk Albanian, etc.

ProTroll
07-28-2014, 02:46 AM
I've always asked myself.If the states in the balkans (without greece) have such a high haplogroup I(which is a common origin)then nothing is stopping them from entering in full union with Romania as romanian citizenz and drop all they're nationalism since they are an integral part of the romanian nation.Mass-conversion to catholicism will also be a priority.
Peace in the balkans will surely last

HERK
07-28-2014, 03:16 AM
I've always asked myself.If the states in the balkans (without greece) have such a high haplogroup I(which is a common origin)then nothing is stopping them from entering in full union with Romania as romanian citizenz and drop all they're nationalism since they are an integral part of the romanian nation.Mass-conversion to catholicism will also be a priority.
Peace in the balkans will surely last

Uniting with Romania is the worst thing that could happen to any Nation, and don't make me explain why.

Minesweeper
07-28-2014, 07:07 AM

We got a lot more on paper but that doesn't mean much. If you want to present yourself in a better light, start by arresting your war criminals, for example. All of them.

I would like you to compare those two communities, Serbs in Kosovo and Albanians in Serbia. Tell me how you are oppressed by us not allowing you to erect KLA monuments or to use school books from Kosovo, a state we do not recognize. I've heard it all already.

alfieb
07-28-2014, 07:10 AM
If you want to present yourself in a better light, start by arresting your war criminals, for example. All of them.

This from a chap with a quote from a war criminal in his signature.

Minesweeper
07-28-2014, 07:16 AM
This from a chap with a quote from a war criminal in his signature.

It's a good quote. Don't see how it is relevant here but if you read it, my intention is fulfilled.

alb0zfinest
07-28-2014, 02:13 PM
We got a lot more on paper but that doesn't mean much. If you want to present yourself in a better light, start by arresting your war criminals, for example. All of them.

I would like you to compare those two communities, Serbs in Kosovo and Albanians in Serbia. Tell me how you are oppressed by us not allowing you to erect KLA monuments or to use school books from Kosovo, a state we do not recognize. I've heard it all already.

1)Many KLA members were already trialed. 2) When it comes to arresting war criminals, it is not a job that the Kosovo court handles, rather eulex as I have already told you before.
And no this isn't about whats on paper would you also like me to show you how many Serb members you have on parliament? give you an example of a new video being reported on Albanian and Serbian? etc etc

The school books being used in Kosovo right now are the ones from Albania, so that's the problem with your reasoning, really it isn't even a reason but whatever. The problem I would point out is That Albanians are highly underrepresented in state institutions at a local level which is a major, major problem. On top of that lack of investment in Albanian inhabited areas. That and quite a few Albanians have been arrested under the pretense of supposedly being uck criminals (despite no evidence being provided) just so that Iva Dacic could win more votes.

Minesweeper
07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
1)Many KLA members were already trialed. 2) When it comes to arresting war criminals, it is not a job that the Kosovo court handles, rather eulex as I have already told you before.
And no this isn't about whats on paper would you also like me to show you how many Serb members you have on parliament? give you an example of a new video being reported on Albanian and Serbian? etc etc

What you see as many we see as laughable number. As long as your criminals walk free, you will not have the trust of local Serbs. That's the whole point.

Ethnically diverse parliament, news on Serbian and Albanian, that's something that existed in Yugoslavia too, not something new that Albanian authorities came up with.

The school books being used in Kosovo right now are the ones from Albania, so that's the problem with your reasoning, really it isn't even a reason but whatever. The problem I would point out is That Albanians are highly underrepresented in state institutions at a local level which is a major, major problem. On top of that lack of investment in Albanian inhabited areas. That and quite a few Albanians have been arrested under the pretense of supposedly being uck criminals (despite no evidence being provided) just so that Iva Dacic could win more votes.

It doesn't even matter where are the books from. If they are to be imported, it's the Serbian state who should make such deal with Albanian government, not with the government we do not recognize, unless new negotiations in Brussels come up with some sort of deal over that. Everything besides that is unconstitutional.

I don't know how many Albanians work in Presevo town hall or anything similar. You would have to offer some numbers and statistical data so we can discuss. You have representative in the parliament, that's what I know.

Lack of investment is not a good argument as many areas of Serbia with Serbian majority receive even less, especially in the South which is completely neglected by government in Belgrade.

Well, according to you, every police action in Presevo and its surroundings that involves members of Albanian minority is politically motivated. If our police cared for your opinion its hands would be tied.