PDA

View Full Version : Metadiscussion [split from Limbo]

Cail
02-23-2010, 08:20 AM
No, it doesn't. It's bullshit just like other things invented by christians.

Loki
02-23-2010, 08:41 AM

Yeah, but bear in mind that the question was obviously directed at Christians, being in this section and all ...

Cail
02-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah, but bear in mind that the question was obviously directed at Christians, being in this section and all ...

I didn't see that, came to this thread from 'unread posts' :<. Maybe christians should discuss christian-only matters in a closed social section?

Loki
02-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I didn't see that, came to this thread from 'unread posts' :<. Maybe christians should discuss christian-only matters in a closed social section?

Why closed? I'm not protecting them from criticism (me being one of their fiercest critics ... ). It's just that an answer like that does not really add much value to the OP's question. He was obviously looking to stir debate among Christians.

Anthropos
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM

No but borrowing your manner of phrase it is 'bullshit' just like other things invented by Catholicism. Purgatory is another piece of 'bullshit', and so are filioque and papal infallibility. The Orthodox Church does not have these pieces of 'bullshit' in her doctrine.

Cail
02-23-2010, 10:10 AM
No but borrowing your manner of phrase it is 'bullshit' just like other things invented by Catholicism. Purgatory is another piece of 'bullshit', and so are filioque and papal infallibility. The Orthodox Church does not have these pieces of 'bullshit' in her doctrine.

It has innumerable others though. Just like any dogmatic organized religion.

Anthropos
02-23-2010, 11:09 AM
It has innumerable others though. Just like any dogmatic organized religion.

No, you little creep, you are the one with innumerable flaws, so am I and so am all human beings. Stop whining and remove one of them?

Cail
02-24-2010, 03:39 PM
No, you little creep, you are the one with innumerable flaws, so am I and so am all human beings. Stop whining and remove one of them?

http://s.lurkmore.ru/images/f/fb/PGM.jpg

"Christianity can cause irreversible damage to your brain".

Beorn
02-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Why is it this forum can never have a civil fucking debate about religion?

If you have nothing of worth to contribute towards this thread, just fuck off and go onto the next thread.

Can I request the clean up of this thread please?

Poltergeist
02-24-2010, 08:25 PM
http://s.lurkmore.ru/images/f/fb/PGM.jpg

"Christianity can cause irreversible damage to your brain".

Cretins like to convey their messages through stupid and distasteful pictures copy-pasted from the internet, probably because they are unable to express themselves coherently through verbal argumentation.

Óttar
02-25-2010, 01:53 AM
unable to express themselves coherently through verbal argumentation.
So "you little creep, you are the one with innumerable flaws" is coherent argumentation? :rolleyes2: Hermeticist? Who the f*ck are you kidding? You're a heretic. The Church would've killed you back in the day.

Loddfafner
02-25-2010, 03:44 AM
I am sure there is a limbo somewhere on this site for posts such as these, but for now they are here, in their own thread, on discussing the merits of discussing limbo. Keep the actual limbo thread focused on its topic.

W. R.
02-25-2010, 04:15 AM
No, it doesn't. It's bullshit just like other things invented by christians.Why, comrade, Christians have invented lots of useful things. For example printing. Surely first they printed Bibles mostly, but thanks to that invention we can now read comics about Batman, for example. Could you imagine your life without comics about Batman? I couldn't.

Poltergeist
02-25-2010, 01:11 PM
So "you little creep, you are the one with innumerable flaws" is coherent argumentation? :rolleyes2: Hermeticist?

The poster who was the first one to lower the quality of discussion onto the level of cretinism is the one to blame first and foremost, don't you think? "Retaliatory" remarks can be more easily justified.

Who the f*ck are you kidding? You're a heretic. The Church would've killed you back in the day.

Yes, according to the widespread stereotypical Black Legend, which has become a commonplace of all modern culture. Which is very different from what I read about in Church history. Namely, that there were always very hefty discussions on many issues and that not everyone who disagreed with the general line got burned at the stake, as the modern legend, propagated since the Enlightenment, wants. There were several thousands of heretics (with or without quotation marks, as you wish) condemned by the Inquisition, all in all. But it is a minor thing (though by no means justifiable) - and it has been exaggerated out of proportion in certain currents of historiography - compared to the liveliness of theological discussions virtually since the early days of Christianity, with many very varying opinions on various issues, whereby people even rarely got excommunicated, let alone killed.

By the way, Protestants burned people at stake too.

That said, it doesn't mean I agree with another, contrary legend either, let's call it Rose Legend, spread by some Conservatives and/or (pseudo?) Traditionalists, according to which everything with the functioning of the Church was fine and perfect until some evil Freemasons/Liberals/Jews/Freethinkers/whatever came and started to throw around baseless accusations. It's the mentality of those who live in the past, similar to those who insist that life was so wonderful before evil Christians came and wrecked everything with their notions of sin or whatever.

(no, not alluding to your signature picture)

Cail
02-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Why, comrade, Christians have invented lots of useful things. For example printing. Surely first they printed Bibles mostly, but thanks to that invention we can now read comics about Batman, for example. Could you imagine your life without comics about Batman? I couldn't.

Chinese invented printing when christians were still fed to lions.

Btw, first stuff to be printed in Europe were playing cards, not the Bible.

Cail
02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Cretins like to convey their messages through stupid and distasteful pictures copy-pasted from the internet, probably because they are unable to express themselves coherently through verbal argumentation.

Wasting my time hand-writing elaborate answers to every moron who flames me on the internet is way to go ofc.

Poltergeist
02-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Wasting my time hand-writing elaborate answers to every moron who flames me on the internet is way to go ofc.

Blah blah blah....

Cail
03-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Blah blah blah....

Cretins ... unable to express themselves coherently through verbal argumentation.