PDA

View Full Version : Muammar Gaddafi calls for jihad on Swiss after ban on building minarets

curiousman
02-26-2010, 01:44 PM
From The Times
February 26, 2010
Muammar Gaddafi calls for jihad on Swiss after ban on building minarets
Roger Boyes

Muammar Gaddafi has appealed for jihad against Switzerland, long regarded as one of the most peaceful nations in the world.

The Libyan leader’s call for a holy war was, he said, a response to a Swiss referendum in November to ban the construction of minarets on mosques.

It is the low point in a relationship that has been deteriorating since 2008 when Colonel Gaddafi’s son Hannibal was briefly detained in Geneva after allegedly beating his servants.

“Any Muslim in any part of the world who works with Switzerland is an apostate, is against (the Prophet) Muhammad, God and the Koran,” Colonel Gaddafi said at a rally broadcast on television.

He made the speech to mark the Prophet’s birthday, ensuring that many Arabs would take the call seriously.

It was not clear how he wanted Muslims to target Switzerland. “The masses of Muslims must go to all airports in the Islamic world and prevent any Swiss plane landing, to all harbours and prevent any Swiss ships docking,” he said, apparently unaware that Switzerland does not have a merchant navy, or coast.

He has been attempting to demonstrate to the West that he is not at the helm of a rogue state, that it has no nuclear ambitions or contacts with terrorism. He criticised al-Qaeda during his address, calling it a “a psychological disease”. He added: “There is a big difference between terrorism and jihad.”

He made clear that Switzerland, “an infidel, obscene state which is destroying mosques”, was at the very least an ideological enemy.

When Hannibal Gaddafi and his wife were held by Swiss police, the Libyan authorities cut oil supplies to Switzerland, withdrew several billion dollars from Swiss banks and held two Swiss businessmen. One was allowed to leave this week, but the second, Max Göldi, is in prison.

Some members of the EU, notably Italy, complained that the Swiss have been exploiting the goodwill of the EU, even though they are not members. Berne submitted a list of 188 Libyans it says should be denied entry to the Schengen zone, including Colonel Gaddafi and his sons.

Colonel Gaddafi responded by blocking entry to Schengen citizens.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article7042017.ece

Beorn
02-26-2010, 02:02 PM
If ever a reaction was needed to confirm to the Swiss the correct actions were took; this would be it.

Matritensis
02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Somebody show a Ronald Reagan mask to that asshole,please.

Peachy Carnahan
02-26-2010, 02:29 PM
The Swiss should respond by freezing all the money in Libyan accounts there.

Anthropos
02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Somebody show a Ronald Reagan mask to that asshole,please.

Asshole to asshole you mean? How cute! :thumb001:

Wulfhere
02-26-2010, 04:31 PM
"It was not clear how he wanted Muslims to target Switzerland. “The masses of Muslims must go to all airports in the Islamic world and prevent any Swiss plane landing, to all harbours and prevent any Swiss ships docking,” he said, apparently unaware that Switzerland does not have a merchant navy, or coast."

Seems like the Times is wrong. Switzerland does indeed have a merchant navy that gains access to the high seas via the Rhine and Rotterdam. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_Marine_of_Switzerland

Anthropos
02-26-2010, 04:39 PM
"It was not clear how he wanted Muslims to target Switzerland. “The masses of Muslims must go to all airports in the Islamic world and prevent any Swiss plane landing, to all harbours and prevent any Swiss ships docking,” he said, apparently unaware that Switzerland does not have a merchant navy, or coast."

Seems like the Times is wrong. Switzerland does indeed have a merchant navy that gains access to the high seas via the Rhine and Rotterdam. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_Marine_of_Switzerland

That was exactly my thought, actually. They just wrote that either out of ignorance or deliberately to make Kadaffi seem stupid, what he is not.

Wulfhere
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
That was exactly my thought, actually. They just wrote that either out of ignorance or deliberately to make Kadaffi seem stupid, what he is not.

Indeed. He is many things, but not stupid. It is a mistake to underestimate people like that.

Matritensis
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Asshole to asshole you mean? How cute! :thumb001:

Reagan an asshole? he was the most articulate and sympathetic president of the USA in the last 40 years at least!

Anthropos
02-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Reagan an asshole? he was the most articulate and sympathetic president of the USA in the last 40 years at least!

Kadaffi did not cause anywhere near as much damage to the world as Reagan did, as far as I am aware.

Cato
02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Kadaffy duck should crawl back into his cave methinks, unless it was blown to hell when Reagan had Libya bombed back in the 80s.

Svanhild
02-26-2010, 06:53 PM
That man is insane and a complete as*****. Why is Gaddafi still alive after Lockerbie and various other infamous actions? Countries like France, Malta or Italy cover him, work with him and meet him as a statesman. Pathetic!

The Mossad could send some "tennis players" to Lybia. :wink Or Switzerland could understand his statements as a declaration of war.

RoyBatty
02-26-2010, 06:58 PM

He was a twat like all modern US Presidents.

Crux
02-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Fine, then in return let us call forth a Crusade on the ignorant sandy idiots. That was a respectable democratic decision, the end.

Monolith
02-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Fine, then in return let us call forth a Crusade on the ignorant sandy idiots. That was a respectable democratic decision, the end.
OMG, you're so racist! :eek: :D

Seriously now, creeps like Gaddafi deserve to be blown to kingdom come, though the Libyan people did nothing to deserve such fate.

Crux
02-26-2010, 07:57 PM
OMG, you're so racist! :eek: :D

Seriously now, creeps like Gaddafi deserve to be blown to kingdom come, though the Libyan people did nothing to deserve such fate.

I meant people like him, I'm sure the Libyan people don't give 2 shits about this. This may be a little off topic but what the hell makes Islam so different from other religions so much that almost everyone in those nations is religious, or is my perception of this subject a bit wrong ? I mean how many Arabs for example are atheists ?

Monolith
02-26-2010, 08:05 PM
This may be a little off topic but what the hell makes Islam so different from other religions so much that almost everyone in those nations is religious, or is my perception of this subject a bit wrong ? I mean how many Arabs for example are atheists ?
I would guess that's because they're an altogether different civilization, a more traditional one.
You would have found similar behavior in 15th century Europe I suppose.

Anthropos
02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I meant people like him, I'm sure the Libyan people don't give 2 shits about this. This may be a little off topic but what the hell makes Islam so different from other religions so much that almost everyone in those nations is religious, or is my perception of this subject a bit wrong ? I mean how many Arabs for example are atheists ?

Neither do I care about it. A country imports masses of Muslims and then, when they are already in place, decides to ban minarets as if that would not upset them. It's even breaching the so-called freedom of religion; it's like forbidding Christians to ring the bells or even to have clock towers. Now that is certainly unstylish to say the least, and it's so typical of a Western nation to have nothing but profit in mind, like 'hey, I thought we were only importing labour' - it's screwed up, in my opinion.

Loddfafner
02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
He should call upon all Muslims to boycott Switzerland. They should refuse to visit or reside there.

Comte Arnau
02-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I was surprised that he mentioned boycott to Swiss ships too. I didn't know Switzerland had merchant vessels, that man with his bullshit has made me learn something new after all.

curiousman
02-26-2010, 11:06 PM

Indeed people freely voted, what the hell could be more democratic than that?

RoyBatty
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM

Why waste time running after sandniggers in their own lands when what we should have been doing is throwing them out of ours and preventing more from coming in!

It's misplaced priorities like these which enable our real enemies to keep us fooled, confused and occupied in pointless exercises chasing shadows. One perfect example: the fake "War on Terror" which is nothing but a money-making racket for rich industrialists, corrupt politicians and greedy oil companies.

While we're wasting time and money arguing with Muslims over BS the Zionists take over our countries' governments, banks and media and turn us into 2nd class citizens in our own countries!

Wake up guys. :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
02-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Why not do both ? First ween ourselves off oil ASAP (while nationalize all businesses by decree that are owned by muzzies and Zionists here or abroad). In the meanwhile block any other muzzies from entering and then kick the rest out (after we have deprived them from any political rights in order to buy time). And then bomb both Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Libya back to the year dot with some well placed ICBM's.

I am sorry.. it's 2.07 AM and I am just dreaming.

Murphy
02-27-2010, 12:27 AM
... and nothing will be done about it.

Óttar
02-27-2010, 02:08 AM
The irony is, he has no authority to offer fatwas as he is a secular dictator. I'm sure the Wahhabis are not friends of his. The fact that he named his son Hannibal just proves how un-Islamic he is. Just a fact. He has no business getting involved with Swiss politics in any event.

Loddfafner
02-27-2010, 03:03 AM
I am sorely tempted to put on some bedding, claim to be a mullah, go on Youtube, and issue a fatwa forbidding Muslims from ever setting foot in any infidel lands.

Cato
02-27-2010, 03:32 AM
I am sorely tempted to put on some bedding, claim to be a mullah, go on Youtube, and issue a fatwa forbidding Muslims from ever setting foot in any infidel lands.

Some of the sods are so utterly stupid that, if you were convicing enough, they'd believe you.

The Lawspeaker
02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
My advise to Gaddafi:

Don't fuck with the Swiss Army (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Switzerland) ! Almost every Swiss male (and a lot of women) has a rifle and they are not afraid to use it.

4TQHApEsfmE

skyhawk
02-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I also think that Gaddafi is a strange one to say the least............but these are hopefully just rhetorical broadsides.

We may well dislike them but to be honest the actions against Arabs of our own leaderships ( due to our reliance on their oil resources ) is far far worse then anything Gaddafi has done imo

People will obviously mention the Lockerbie bombing ( quite rightly ) and I in no way want to seem to be seen as supporting that or being indifferent to it but it in no way compares to the treatment dished out to the Iraqi people from 1991 onwards by our own national leaderships.

Anthropos
02-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I also think that Gaddafi is a strange one to say the least............but these are hopefully just rhetorical broadsides.

We may well dislike them but to be honest the actions against Arabs of our own leaderships ( due to our reliance on their oil resources ) is far far worse then anything Gaddafi has done imo

People will obviously mention the Lockerbie bombing ( quite rightly ) and I in no way want to seem to be seen as supporting that or being indifferent to it but it in no way compares to the treatment dished out to the Iraqi people from 1991 onwards by our own national leaderships.

Why do you think that Kadafi had anything to do with Lockerbie in the first place?

skyhawk
02-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Why do you think that Kadafi had anything to do with Lockerbie in the first place?

I personally don't think he did..........and I don't think the man who spent all those years in jail had anything to do with it either.

But it is a commonly held belief , rightly or wrongly , and I didn't want to be the one who was responsible for turning this thread into a ........who was behind the Lockerbie bombing thread as this one has nothing to do with it

If you want to know who I think was behind the Lockerbie bombing ..........I think it was the Iranians...........in response to the downing of one of their own flights by the US..............but I think that the subject deserves a thread of its own..........I just thought that the likely response to my comments would have included..........." what about Lockerbie ? "...........maybe I was wrong and my crystal ball needs a good cleaning.

Lenny
03-02-2010, 03:43 PM
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5914/100301p09catoon2.jpg

Poltergeist
03-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Gaddafi himself was for some time threatened by a jihad of sorts directed against him by some radical islamists, if I recall it well.

Turkophagos
03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Swiss are the Jews of Europe anyway, their state should be split in 3 by Krauts, Frogs and Prosciuttos.

The Lawspeaker
03-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Swiss are the Jews of Europe anyway, their state should be split in 3 by Krauts, Frogs and Prosciuttos.
No.. that dubious honor falls on the Greeks (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176067&postcount=20).

The Swiss just kept out of every war and even though they may speak for languages they are a nation because they consider themselves to be just that.
Destroy that and you destroy the last bit of European democracy.

Turkophagos
03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
The Swiss just kept out of every war and even though they may speak for languages they are a nation because they consider themselves to be just that.
Destroy that and you destroy the last bit of European democracy.

Take all the money from their banks, give them 10 years and you'll see how much of a nation they feel.

they are a nation because they consider themselves to be just that.

That's the jacobin definition of a nation, are you sure you agree with that?

The Lawspeaker
03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Take all the money from their banks, give them 10 years and you'll see how much of a nation they feel.What have the Swiss ever done to you ?

That's the jacobine definition of a nation, are you sure you agree with that?
Then in that respect we Dutch are no nation either. The Swiss signed a covenant (like the Dutch did when they revolted against Spain) and have been a nation ever since. Despite the fact that the Swiss speak four languages they are a nation and who are you to deny them that ?

Turkophagos
03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
What have the Swiss ever done to you ?

Then in that respect we Dutch are no nation either. The Swiss signed a covenant (like the Dutch did when they revolted against Spain) and have been a nation ever since. Despite the fact that the Swiss speak four languages they are a nation and who are you to deny them that ?

The fact that Swiss people have never done anything to me doesn't make them a nation.

they are a nation because they consider themselves to be just that.

Many Morrocans and Surinameses think they're Dutch and many of your compatriots feel alike for them. Guess what that means according to your logic...

The Lawspeaker
03-02-2010, 05:00 PM
The fact that Swiss people have never done anything to me doesn't make them a nation.

Many Morrocans and Surinameses think they're Dutch and many of your compatriots feel alike for them. Guess what that means according to your logic...
You don't seem to get the point. But then again.. I don't expect you too. Dutch and Surinamese did not sign a contract in which they decided to form a union like the Swiss did or the medieval Dutch did. Actually- we kicked them out of the Kingdom back in 1975. (and the same thing should happen to the Antilles, although they are legally speaking Dutch citizens).
The Swiss signed a declaration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Charter_of_1291) which made them a nation. Swiss as a group are distinct from Germans btw, Swiss German can barely be understood by other Germans, and the French seem to have trouble with the Swiss form of French (and the Italians with Swiss Italian).. and another fact that you so conveniently forget is the existence of a language called Romansh. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romansh_language)

Groenewolf
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
How many of you seriously think Gaddifi is doing more then rhetorics. And he only says his things because his son got arrested in Switzerland :rolleyes: .