PDA

View Full Version : Armenia & Azerbaijan's Rising Tensions: 12 Killed

Pontios
08-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Published August 02, 2014Associated Press

BAKU, Azerbaijan – A sharp escalation in fighting between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the disputed territory of Nagorno-Karabakh has left 15 soldiers dead and prompted Russia to issue a call for calm.

Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry said Sunday that 12 of its troops have been killed in the past four days, including four overnight. Nagorno-Karabakh's armed forces said one of its soldiers was killed early Sunday, the third in recent days.

Azerbaijan's Nagorno-Karabakh region and some adjacent territory have been under the control of Armenian soldiers and ethnic Armenian local troops since the end of a six-year separatist war in 1994.

Both sides report frequent attacks along the cease-fire line, but the latest outbreak of fighting is the worst in many years.

Russia's Foreign Ministry said "a further escalation is unacceptable."

Source (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/08/02/outbreak-fighting-between-azerbaijan-and-armenia-over-disputed-territory-kills/)

Musso
08-03-2014, 12:38 AM
It's gotten rather violent around the border. President will reportedly meet on the 8th or 9th to discuss the situation.

Yaroslav
08-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Armenia and Azerbaijan need to realize that they are being played by geopolitics. Why kill each other, just make a peace treaty that satisfies both and return to a peaceful and brotherly co-existence they had during the Soviet Union and the Ottoman Empire.

Musso
08-03-2014, 12:46 AM
Armenia and Azerbaijan need to realize that they are being played by geopolitics. Why kill each other, just make a peace treaty that satisfies both and return to a peaceful and brotherly co-existence they had during the Soviet Union and the Ottoman Empire.

It's not easy when the opposing side is determined to hate you at all levels. Seriously the amount of anti-Armenian propaganda in Azerbaijan is scary. I read Azeri press daily, I get a good dose of it.

Yaroslav
08-03-2014, 12:47 AM
It's not easy when the opposing side is determined to hate you at all levels. Seriously the amount of anti-Armenian propaganda in Azerbaijan is scary. I read Azeri press daily, I get a good dose of it.

I agree, the racist rhetoric must stop.

Pontios
08-03-2014, 12:48 AM
It's gotten rather violent around the border. President will reportedly meet on the 8th or 9th to discuss the situation.

I feel like there is going to be another war again. God forbid, but if there is, you will have many volunteers in Armenia.

Pontios
08-03-2014, 12:49 AM

It's more religious as well from what I understand. When there was the war, Muslims from all over the Middle East poured into Azerbaijan...

Yaroslav
08-03-2014, 12:51 AM
I feel like there is going to be another war again. God forbid, but if there is, you will have many volunteers in Armenia.

There won't be war. Russia, Turkey, and Iran wouldn't allow it because it would drive a wedge between them. That's what the West needs, to further isolate Putin, Erdogan, and Iran.

Kiyant
08-03-2014, 12:51 AM

Come on like Armenians (maybe not you) dont hate Turkey and Azerbaijan......

Kiyant
08-03-2014, 12:53 AM
It's more religious as well from what I understand. When there was the war, Muslims from all over the Middle East poured into Azerbaijan...

Not really true those Chechens were pretty much paid warriors and the only real volunteers were Turks

StonyArabia

That's hard to believe for one Azerbaijan is a Shitte nation, which probably would not really get any aide from Sunni Muslims. If they were present they were most likely paid mercenaries.

Yaroslav

No, both Armenia and Azerbaijan are very, very secular. Religion plays a very small role in this. If it was a religious war then I would certainly call for exacerbation of it.

Pontios
08-03-2014, 12:54 AM
There won't be war. Russia, Turkey, and Iran wouldn't allow it because it would drive a wedge between them. That's what the West needs, to further isolate Putin, Erdogan, and Iran.

Russia is busy fighting a war against Ukraine and sanctions. :lol: That is why this all started now that Russia is busy.

Turkey and Iran didn't stop it the first time, they won't be able to now either.

Pontios
08-03-2014, 12:55 AM
That's hard to believe for one Azerbaijan is a Shitte nation, which probably would not really get any aide from Sunni Muslims. If they were present they were most likely paid mercenaries.

Chechens fought in Azerbaijan and backed them... Others from other parts came as well.

Musso
08-03-2014, 12:56 AM

I highly doubt it actually. It's not in anyone's interest, and not in Russia's interest.

Come on like Armenians (maybe not you) dont hate Turkey and Azerbaijan......

Not at the level of hate that has been developed in Azeri Society against Armenians in the last 20 years.

In 2005, the mayor of Baku, Hajibala Abutalybov during at a meeting with a municipal delegation from Bavaria, Germany stated

Our goal is the complete elimination of Armenians. You, Nazis, already eliminated the Jews in the 1930s and 40s, right? You should be able to understand us."

you can read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Armenianism_in_Azerbaijan

Yaroslav
08-03-2014, 12:57 AM
That is why this all started now that Russia is busy.

Exactly, hence the exacerbation in Caucasus and the Middle East. It's all driven by Judeo-Masonic hate towards Russia, Turkey, and Armenia alike. Divide and conquer.

StonyArabia
08-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Chechens fought in Azerbaijan and backed them... Others from other parts came as well.

This might be true, but there was barely any Arab fighters present in Azerbaijan to say that Muslims from all over world poured into Azerbaijan is not accurate. They would never help a Shitte nation, even if it was fighting a religious war. Also most of the Arab world did not care about this conflict really this has to do with the sectarian nature, and the only condone Armenia through words only.

Armenian Bishop
08-07-2014, 08:54 PM

A comment like this looks very much like the kind of critiques posed by the USA and others whom are responsible for arbitrating a resolution for the status and security of Karabakh; it's one reason that Azerbaijan has been emboldened to repeatedly violate the 1994 ceasefire agreement, on more than 7,000 occasions. Instead of calling upon both parties (Armenians, as well as Azeris), the USA should specifically condemn Azerbaijan and hold them responsible for thousands of clearcut ceasefire violations; otherwise, Azerbaijan can continue to make countless attempts to infiltrate Armenian lines with scouting parties and sabotage units, with out any fear of consequences, from the International community, at large.

Armenia shouldn't be responsible for the bellicose actions of Azerbaijan; instead, Azerbaijan should be condemned by the International Community, at large, and they should be penalized for it. But, I guess that Azeri Petrol-Oil has more clout than any appeal to justice, or so does it appear to be.

The so called "peaceful and brotherly existence they had during Soviet and Ottoman Empire," is far from the truth. While it's true that there was genuine limited success in establishing peaceful coexistence, between Armenia and Azerbaijan, during Soviet Times, Azerbaijan already was well on its way to a procedure of ethnic cleansing, even before the Karabakh War broke out, in 1988. The Armenian presence in the Azeri enclave of Nakhichevan, in the Armenian Highlands, was already ethnically cleansed by the time that Armenians began to make popular demands to separate Karabakh from the repressive dominion of Azerbaijan. Armenian cultural enrichment, for the preservation of Armenian culture, was repressed, even with acts of oppression, by the ruling authorities of Azerbaijan.

The government of Azerbaijan was already taking sinister measures for the degradation or destruction of Armenian churches, cemeteries, and other historical landmarks, during Soviet Times. During Soviet Times, the destabilization of the region was already taking hold by 1986, and the Karabakh War erupted in 1988, when Azerbaijan sought to take advantage of the earthquake crisis in Armenia. Pogroms broke out in Azerbaijan, with nothing comparable to them in Armenia, especially when Armenians were massacred in Sumgait, Azerbaijan (1988), and Baku, Azerbaijan (1990). The world famous chess grandmaster Kasparov, an Armenian Jew, narrowly escaped from the Baku Pogrom, in 1990.

During Ottoman Times, there was the Armenian Genocide (1915 - 1923), in which Azeri-Turks actively and aggressively participated in genocidal activities for the slaughter of Armenian men, women, children and babies, and obliteration of Armenian Civilization, throughout the Armenian Highlands. Its laughable to try to say that Armenians, Western Armenia, enjoyed happier times under the rule of the Ottoman Empire, about the same thing as to put the fox in charge of guarding the henhouse. The same was true with Azeri-Turks, since the days of the Russian Czar, and the Ottoman Empire. Armenians, in the area currently called Azerbaijan, as well as in area of present day Armenia, were a part of the Russian Empire, not the Ottoman Empire. During the times of the Armenian Genocide (1915 - 1923), Turkish military units did try to invade the Caucasus, and the Azeri-Turks was their primary ally for the venture.

Yes, exactly true! I read many of the news clips about the cold war over Karabakh too, including Anti-Armenian hate propaganda, aggressively promoted by Azerbaijan, and it is truly disturbing. Most of the Anti Armenian hate propaganda is based upon lies, but it serves to energize a feeling of hatred, against Armenians, among Azeri-Turks, and also among Turks.

Armenian Bishop
08-07-2014, 09:08 PM
These 2 article relate to a premeditated Azeri-Turkish attempt to infiltrate Armenian Lines, on 1 August, 2014:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b85_1407209591

http://asbarez.com/125551/azeris-launch-large-scale-offensive-2-karabakh-soldiers-killed/

"Noryar Kamalyan ... recalled the battle, saying that as the Azerbaijani soldiers advanced
past the line of contact, he retaliated and found himself in a
one-on-one physical altercation with one of the soldiers, who took out a
knife and began stabbing Kamalyan’s face and pounded his jaw. Despite
having sustained injuries, including a gunshot wound, Kamalyan fought
back and was able to force the Azerbaijani soldiers to retreat..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxdEPDsl2E

Armenian Bishop
08-08-2014, 11:26 AM
http://asbarez.com/125695/sochi-meeting-‘unlikely’-to-deter-baku-from-violating-ceasefire/

* A meeting between Armenian and Azerbaijani presidents Serzh Sarkisian and Ilham Aliyev scheduled to take place August 8 or 9 in the southern Russian resort town of Sochi are unlikely to end ceasefire violations in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone, Armenian defense minister Seyran Ohanian told a press conference Wednesday.

* Over recent days, simmering tensions boiled over into the fiercest clashes seen since a ceasefire was agreed to in 1994. At least 25 Azeri and five Armenian soldiers have lost their lives.”

* “I think that the Azerbaijani side will try to keep tensions running high until the meeting, and for me it is unlikely that after the meeting Azerbaijan will recommit itself to the observation of the ceasefire,” he said.

* “Si vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war,” the minister said, quoting the Latin adage.

* Ohanian explained that Armenian forces have foiled over 20 raid attempts by Azerbaijani troops in the last days.

* Last week Azerbaijani troops used their special force units in an attempt to attack Armenian frontline positions and fired at civilian settlements and military posts, the minister said. Azerbaijan’s actions led to losses on both sides.

* According to Ohanyan, Azerbaijani military and political leadership overestimated its power and saw, once again, the spirit of the Armenian army.

* The saboteurs arrested in the Karvachar region of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic cannot and should not be viewed as captives, Ohanian said. According to Ohanian, they are criminals and it would be wrong to grant them the prisoner-of-war status.

* Ohanian added that Armenian authorities believe that the goal of the incursion was to collect information.

Armenian Bishop
01-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Karabagh Court Sentenced Azerbaijani Saboteurs:
http://armenianweekly.com/2014/12/31/karabagh-trial/

The Trial of two Azerbaijani saboteurs, Dilham Askerov and Shahbaz Guliyev, concluded on Dec. 29, with a life sentence for Askerov and 22 years in prison for Guliyev. The two were charged and convicted of not only illegally crossing the border into Karabagh but also the kidnapping and murder of 17-year-old Smbat Tsakanyan.

The two men were accompanied by a third intruder, Hasan Hasanov, as they crossed the border on June 29, armed with weapons and ammunition. Hasanov was later killed during a struggle with the Armenian Armed Forces as the soldiers attempted to capture the saboteurs.

The men were reportedly sent as spies by Baku to carry out espionage and to gather information. On July 4, they kidnapped Tsakanyan and later murdered him, leaving his body in a forest within the Shahumyan region. Tsakanyan’s father, Mekhak Tsakanyan, reported his son missing on July 7 after searching the village for days. Smbat Tsakanyan’s body was found with multiple gunshot wounds present.

The three saboteurs then attacked and killed Sargis Abrahamyan and severely wounded Karine Davtyan on the Vardenis-Karvachar Highway on July 11. The Armenian Armed forces attempted to arrest the trio, but Hasanov resisted arrest and was neutralized while his co-conspirators were detained and tried.

Falco subbuteo
01-01-2015, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSvApUox5Y

Poor Armenian :P

Yabgu
01-01-2015, 11:28 PM
during Soviet Times, Azerbaijan already was well on its way to a procedure of ethnic cleansing, even before the Karabakh War broke out,

"Armenia and the truth" can not be used in the same sentence.. It is ironic that an Armenian complains about "hate" since the main element of the Armenian identity is "hate" at first place.. Constant self-pitty, self-victimization and distortion of history..

* It is in our blood to hate the Turks. However, we hate Bulgarians and Greeks also. The Jews like Turks, but they hate Arabs. The Arabs, in their turn, are not in favour with the Turks. And the level of hatred is rising.
(Narek Mesropian)

These are the rest of the elements that define being an Armenian.. That is why your dusty national archives have been sealed in the last 100 years.. Keep reading Armenian diaspora "news".. They will provide the "truth" to you Lol.. By the way, why dont you prove what you claimed in the sentence above? But do it without "Wikipedia".. Real history and archive documents clearly prove who genocided whom..

---

Ohanus Appressian, an Armenian military officer, described the atrocities inflicted upon Azerbaijanis by the Armenians during 1919 in his memoirs..

* We closed the roads and mountain passes that might serve as ways of escape for the Tartars/Turks, and then proceeded in the work of extermination. Our troops surrounded village after village. Little resistance was offered. Our artillery knocked the huts into heaps of stones and dust, and when the villages became untenable and the inhabitants fled from them into the fields, bullets and bayonets completed the work.
(Men Are Like That, 1926)

http://i.imgur.com/k9Aierv.jpg

---

* On 22 March 2013, New Jersey General Assembly issued a commemorative resolution that recognizes March 31, as Azerbaijani Remembrance Day marking the 95th anniversary of the Azerbaijani Genocide. The resolution highlights that the genocide of March 1918, in which more than 20.000 innocent Azerbaijanis lost their lives, was an event that represents one of the most condemnable atrocities of 20th century history. Between 30 March and 3 April 1918, armed groups of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation/Tashnak Party with support of Soviet Bolsheviks, massacred Azerbaijanis and other Muslims in the city of Baku and its surroundings. March days were part of a larger campaign of extermination carried out by Armenian nationalists seeking to create a mono-ethnic state in Eastern Anatolia and the Caucasus. These atrocities resulted in deaths and deportations of over 2.5 million Azerbaijanis-Turks, Kurds and other Muslims in early 20th century.

---

Here is another recent example of the historical and traditional Armenian barbarism.. It happened just in 1992..

* Our soldiers nailed a 13 year old kid to the window.. I skinned his head, chest and stomach alive.. I looked at the clock.. The boy died 7 minutes later due to blood loss.. I did not feel disturbed or any regret because of the torture I did to him.. My soul felt proud.. We did the same thing to another three Azerbaijani children in Khojaly on the same evening.
(Zori Balayan)

http://i.imgur.com/pXo20of.jpg

Yabgu
01-04-2015, 02:51 PM
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1065055/

Look at the middle aged half breed Armenian liar bishop spreading same lies and venom in Storm Front Lol..

Tashnak left over wanna-be Nazi.. Over 50 years old liar playing white power games online..

Armenian Bishop
02-13-2015, 05:07 AM
"In their latest statement on Nagorno-Karabakh international mediators brokering a solution to the longstanding dispute have specifically blamed Azerbaijan for the recent increase in tensions in the conflict zone."

http://armenianow.com/karabakh/60161/armenia_karabakh_conflict_azerbaijan_osce_statemen ts

Armenian Bishop
02-13-2015, 06:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSvApUox5Y

Poor Armenian :P

The unfortunate civilian depicted in the video, Karen Petrosyan, became disoriented in the border zone areas, between Armenia and Azerbaijan; having lost his way, he found an Azeri village where local Azeris gave him tea. Azeri military personnel eventually took him into custody. Under duress, the harmless Armenian, in civilian clothes, was forced to wear a uniform, and he was framed with fake evidence, on video. The harmless Armenian civilian, sandwiched between 2 Azeri military thugs, is videoed in a state of terror. Within days Karen Petrosyan was murdered, after being tortured and brutalized by his captors.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/181423/:
Azerbaijan Reports ‘Sudden Death’ of Armenian Captive, August 8, 2014
PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenian captive Karen Petrosyan ‘died suddenly’ in Baku on Friday, Aug 8, after what Azerbaijan said was a cardiovascular collapse.
Resident of Armenian border village of Chinari (Tavush province) Petrosyan was captured Thursday. Being not sober, he presumably lost his way and crossed the border when searching for wood. According to some Armenian media reports, Petrosyan, often drank to excess.
Azerbaijan branded Petrosyan, who can hardly read and write, a saboteur.
It’s noteworthy that the photos taken immediately after the captivity show the 31-year-old man in sportswear. However, afterwards, he got into khaki. Besides, Azerbaijanis said they found pictures of weapons in his cell phone.
Meanwhile, head of Chinari village administration said Petrosyan’s phone was outdated and didn’t even have a camera.

Musso
02-13-2015, 06:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pXo20of.jpg

Who the f wrote that? haha It's obviously been written via google translate because the armenian is horrible and almost makes no sense grammar wise.

interes
02-13-2015, 07:05 AM
go azeri army fuck armenia

Musso
02-13-2015, 07:22 AM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/grandma-cool-story-bro.jpg

Armenian Bishop
02-13-2015, 08:35 AM

Azeris have a bad reputation for craven and cowardly behavior on the battlefield. Azerbaijan's President Aliyev has made bellicose threats against Armenia, but his overfunded army has little to show for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVmL5f2imTY

Azeri Army's elite Goranboy Battallion facing destruction in the Karabakh War (1993). Armenians beat the crap out of the Azeri Army in the Karabakh War (1988-1994).

Pahli
02-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Azeris have a bad reputation for craven and cowardly behavior on the battlefield. Azerbaijan's President Aliyev has made bellicose threats against Armenia, but his overfunded army has little to show for it.

Azeri Army's elite Goranboy Battallion facing destruction in the Karabakh War (1993). Armenians beat the crap out of the Azeri Army in the Karabakh War (1988-1994).

Türkified Persian faggots, Azerbaijan is Turkey nr. 2, no doubt why they hate Armenia and they are so "pro-türkic".

I respect the Azeris in Iran though, they know their true origins and culture, and not that disgusting force fed türkism

And Armenia has my support, they deserve their country back

Proto-Shaman
02-23-2015, 10:38 PM
I respect the Azeris in Iran though, they know their true origins and culture, and not that disgusting force fed türkism
Remember South Azerbaijani uprisings in 2003, 2006, and 2007. They are Turks who consider themselves as the true guardians of Iran btw.

Gustave H
02-23-2015, 10:43 PM
The Armenian-Azeri conflict will never end.