PDA

View Full Version : Racist Belgium: doctor denies help to Jewish 90yo woman with fractured rib

RussiaPrussia
08-04-2014, 04:09 AM
‘Send her to Gaza’: Belgian doctor denies help to Jewish 90yo woman with fractured rib
Published time: August 01, 2014 15:01
Edited time: August 02, 2014 16:11

http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/2b/4d/c0/00/belgian-doctor-jewish-woman.si.jpg
AFP Photo/Jean-Sebastien Evrad

A doctor in Belgium has refused medical help to a 90-year-old Jewish woman with a fractured rib, saying that she needs to be sent to Gaza to “get rid of” the sharp pain she is suffering.

“I’m not coming,” the physician said and hung up after receiving the call at 11pm Wednesday.

Bertha Klein, 90, had a fractured rib and was suffering from “agonizing pain.” She had her son, an American citizen, call the doctor via Flanders medical hotline and ask for help on her behalf.

“Send her to Gaza for a few hours, then she will get rid of the pain,” the doctor told the man, as he called back for clarifications, according to local Joods Actueel ('http://joodsactueel.be/2014/07/31/arts-weigert-90-jarige-vrouw-te-helpen-omdat-ze-joods-is-ga-maar-naar-gaza/') newspaper. The paper said that the doctor knew right away that it was a Jewish patient's name, and he heard an accent, which might have predetermined his reaction.

The family then called a friend, Samuel Markowitz, who is an alderman of the Antwerp District Council and a volunteer paramedic.

He also called back the doctor and confronted the doctor with his statements. Markowitz managed to record their conversation.

Hershy Taffel, Bertha Klein’s grandson, filed a discrimination complaint with the police.

“It reminds me of what happened in Europe 70 years ago,” Taffel told Joods Actueel. “I never thought those days would once again be repeated.”

As Joods Actueel reached the physician, he did not deny having such a phone call. He confirmed that he did made an anti-Semitic comment and had denied the woman help, but said that he had an“emotional reaction.”

Health ministry officials are looking into the incident.

Joods Actueel editor-in-chief Michael Freilich said that the incident was alarming, as it comes amid“string of incidents in a short period of time.”

"This is yet another incident in a short period of time. A shop in Antwerp refused a woman to serve because she was Jewish, a café in Liège has a sign hung with the message 'Dogs welcome, Jews not,' and in Brussels slogans like "Death to the Jews" were chanted during a demonstration and on Facebook, we see calls every day of hatred against the Jewish people,” Freilich said.

Anti-Semitic attacks soar across Europe
Jewish communities around the world have been facing upswing ('http://rt.com/news/176732-antisemitism-jews-violence-europe/') in anti-Semitic incidents, including physical assaults, firebombing of synagogues and calls for violence against Israelis, after the latest Israeli-Hamas conflict.

Jewish communities have been targeted in Germany, France and Italy in the past week. In the UK, police and community groups have recorded a 50 percent increase in anti-Semitic incidents over the past month.

http://rt.com/news/177372-belgian-doctor-jewish-woman/

alfieb
08-04-2014, 04:10 AM
Is the doctor European, or an immigrant from the Muzzie world?

If he's a European, I hope they sue the shit out of him.

If he's a Muslim immigrant, it's kind-of understandable, but still wrong.

Kale
08-04-2014, 04:13 AM
Is the doctor European, or an immigrant from the Muzzie world?

If he's a European, I hope they sue the shit out of him.

If he's a Muslim immigrant, it's kind-of understandable, but still wrong.

Hmmm....well that would be a double standard. Kind of like what that Belgian guy did.

alfieb
08-04-2014, 04:15 AM
Hmmm....well that would be a double standard. Kind of like what that Belgian guy did.

Context.

If you're a Muslim from Palestine and a Jew comes to you for help, and you do not provide it, it is not the same as if you are some smelly French-speaking Walloon who simply hates Jews because he's ignorant.

Kale
08-04-2014, 04:18 AM
Context.

If you're a Muslim from Palestine and a Jew comes to you for help, and you do not provide it, it is not the same as if you are some smelly French-speaking Walloon who simply hates Jews because he's ignorant.

It's exactly the same. Its these kinds of double standards between different groups that is the fundamental cause of racism and cultural intolerance.

alfieb
08-04-2014, 04:21 AM
I don't care about stopping intolerance. I care about the context.

If a woman was raped by a black man, and hates black men because of it, that's her business.
If a Muslim guy's parents were killed by Israelis and hates Jews, that's his business.

If some arrogant French douchebag hates Jews because it's the hip thing to do, he's a piece of shit.

Kale
08-04-2014, 04:23 AM
I don't care about stopping intolerance. I care about the context.

If a woman was raped by a black man, and hates black men because of it, that's her business.
If a Muslim guy's parents were killed by Israelis and hates Jews, that's his business.

If some arrogant French douchebag hates Jews because it's the hip thing to do, he's a piece of shit.

You intolerant bastard! You're no better than the arrogant French douchebag who hates Jews because its the hip thing to do, you piece of shit! [/liberal mode]

alfieb
08-04-2014, 04:24 AM
You intolerant bastard! You're no better than the arrogant French douchebag who hates Jews because its the hip thing to do, you piece of shit! [/liberal mode]
Intolerant of who?

I hate the French because they are the historical enemies of my people. I don't hate anyone for their religious beliefs.

Kale
08-04-2014, 04:25 AM
How do we even know this guy is racist? Perhaps he doesn't like her because she's old, and that it was her generation that after WWI divided the Middle East into the arbitrary regions that are the ultimate responsible for all these conflicts?

Kale
08-04-2014, 04:29 AM
Intolerant of who?

I hate the French because they are the historical enemies of my people. I don't hate anyone for their religious beliefs.

Intolerant!!!!!

The French are Normans + Bretons + Occitans + Basques + a whole bunch of other shit. I don't think the Basques ever gave two shits about Sicily. How do you this guy isn't Basque? Actually I know he isn't, because we're not even talking about France, we're talking about Belgium.

alfieb
08-04-2014, 04:31 AM
Right. In my hypothetical, I made him a Walloon.

Which is nothing at all like a Basque.

And if he said "send her to Gaza", he's obviously not being ageist. He's being anti-Semitic.

Kale
08-04-2014, 04:34 AM

And if he said "send her to Gaza", he's obviously not being ageist. He's being anti-Semitic.

Let me explain once more. After WWI, the Middle East was divided into arbitrary regions, intentionally separating ethnic groups and lumping different ones together. That way they would fight each other, instead of the British, while the British siphoned all the oil. The doctor was obviously upset about these Middle Eastern conflicts, and as a result, insisted this lady of that generation go to the Middle East, to the current zone of conflict there, to see what her generation had caused.

rhiannon
08-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Context.

I agree with this in principle. However all doctors must take the Hippocratic Oath in order to become doctors, and so, in final analysis, this doctor seriously fucked up by denying medical treatment (effectively doing harm, which they are sworn not to do) to this woman.

I suppose he could have at least referred her to another provider, but it sounds like the call came through while he was on call, which means basically the only doc on duty at that time if the call was fielded during off hours.

alfieb
08-04-2014, 04:41 AM
Did you not read the article? She allegedly had a thick Jewish accent which is believed to have played a role. The hypothetical ageism strawman is weak even by strawman standards.

The.Mask
08-04-2014, 04:57 AM
The doctor with possible morrocan origins :D

Tchek
08-09-2014, 06:29 AM

He is Flemish though.
And the story is probably exagerated, there is a lie in the article:

a café in Liège has a sign hung with the message 'Dogs welcome, Jews not,'
The real message was "Dogs welcome, Zionists not"

Prisoner Of Ice
08-09-2014, 06:40 AM
I agree with this in principle. However all doctors must take the Hippocratic Oath in order to become doctors, and so, in final analysis, this doctor seriously fucked up by denying medical treatment (effectively doing harm, which they are sworn not to do) to this woman.

Exactly, doctors should provide healthcare even to dictators etc. with no judgements made. In fact anyone who is remotely professional should do the same.

armenianbodyhair
08-09-2014, 06:47 AM

Its not a double standard because he said it would still be wrong. Its tenuous though.

Hong Key
08-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Jewish elites and there White counterparts say "flood Europe with non Europeans including a shit load of Muslims". Why? Don't ask why. Then be horribly shocked when Muslims attack Jews. I didn't see that coming:noidea:

Also scream "remember the holocaust!!!" as you committee a holocaust of your own and then be shocked when people do not buy your agreement. I didn't see that coming:noidea:

The Jewish elites do not obviously care about my people, Muslims and truth be told there own people.

It looks like Jews are gonna get whacked, just my wacky opinion. :noidea:

Kale
08-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Its not a double standard because he said it would still be wrong. Its tenuous though.

At least he admits his double standard is wrong. That's step 1.

EyeOfTheTiger
08-09-2014, 04:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath

Kale
08-09-2014, 07:37 PM
"Hippocratic" - A type of Democratic government run by hippos.

Borna
08-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Finally ! We must reach out of fear to mark our enemies and tell them what we think of them!

Hithaeglir
08-10-2014, 03:07 PM
They have to take away his medical license.

Hubal
08-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Someone probably knew he was "anti-zionist", so he sent him that poor old lady to make a story.

Arianiti
08-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Punishing 90 years old woman bc of Gaza is stupid, not to mention that his profession strictly forbids this.