PDA

View Full Version : Enlightenment - the spiritual perfection.

arcticwolf
08-08-2014, 02:23 AM
This thread is about spiritual enlightenment, awaking of the mind to reality.

So what is this enlightenment thing? In short it's a permanet state of the mind, when mind is 100% aware of reality as it happens. There is no fooling an enlightened mind, it cuts right through all deception like a laser beam.

How do you get there? With a lot of blood, sweat and tears. Well, not litterally, but with a lot of effort, determination, perseverance, and focus. It's the hardest job that exists, nothing else compares to the monumental task of getting mind cleaned up of all deception, no matter how minute, or subtle.

Is it worth it, or even possible? Hell yeah to both. It's extremely hard, fuck, it's harder than extremely hard, but remember this, the hardest, the most grueling, the toughest is still preferable to the impossible.

Doing nothing about it is the impossible. Ignorance is not a bliss, like the dimwits say, it's a whole lot of self inflicted suffering. Fool is his own worst enemy.

Chime in.

Neanderthal
08-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Is the best thing to carry on living. Trying to get there brother. Falling a lot in the way tho.

arcticwolf
08-08-2014, 02:28 AM
Is the best thing to carry on living. Trying to get there brother. Falling a lot in the way tho.

True dat brother. It's a gradual process. There is no substitute for perseverance.

FeederOfRavens
08-08-2014, 02:44 AM
I'm confused.

arcticwolf
08-09-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm confused.

True. But, take comfort in the fact, all phenomena are impermanent! :thumb001:

Linebacker
08-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Physical perfection is more important.

arcticwolf
08-09-2014, 09:43 PM

LOL

Dude, if you are not trolling, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Your health, your well being totally depends on your mind. Mind is everything, body is just a sack of bones, rotting flesh and all kinds of nasty stuff.

You missed Mr Obvious today by a long shot. :laugh:

Linebacker
08-09-2014, 09:47 PM
LOL

Dude, if you are not trolling, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Your health, your well being totally depends on your mind. Mind is everything, body is just a sack of bones, rotting flesh and all kinds of nasty stuff.

Are you saying that because you are physically failed?

Because only people like that say whats on the inside matters.
http://memesly.com/media/created/oyjx30.jpg

Tacitus
08-09-2014, 09:58 PM

LOL

Both are equally important. Mens sana in corpore sano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_sana_in_corpore_sano).

arcticwolf
08-09-2014, 10:11 PM

LOL

You got me that's it. Now, get out of the thread, you are way too smart for it. :laugh:

arcticwolf
08-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Both are equally important. Mens sana in corpore sano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_sana_in_corpore_sano).

Really?

Get out of this thread too. Go join Sven play in the sandbox, post again when you grow up! :laugh:

Stanley
08-09-2014, 10:15 PM

Joke's on you cause that guy's reached enlightenment and is infinitely more content in life than you could ever dream of being.

Linebacker
08-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Joke's on you cause that guy's reached enlightenment and is infinitely more content in life than you could ever dream of being.

Content?Content is a quality of primitive minds.

The fighter and winner in life is never satisfied with what he has and always wants more.He climbs an endless ladder of progress.Today you win something but that`s not the end of it,you make a new,higher goal,you picture it,and you pursue it.Thats the mindset of the ruthless businessman,the ruthless athlete or the ruthless politician.Nothing is ever enough,there can always be more.

"Content" are people who get some degree and work the same job until they die and nobody ever knows or will know their name not even their own grandchildren.

arcticwolf
08-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Content?Content is a quality of primitive minds.

The fighter and winner in life is never satisfied with what he has and always wants more.He climbs an endless ladder of progress.Today you win something but that`s not the end of it,you make a new,higher goal,you picture it,and you pursue it.Thats the mindset of the ruthless businessman,the ruthless athlete or the ruthless politician.Nothing is ever enough,there can always be more.

"Content" are people who get some degree and work the same job until they die and nobody ever knows or will know their name not even their own grandchildren.
Oh shit, Balkanites, is there anything they don't know? :laugh:

Blackfyre
08-09-2014, 10:43 PM

Hey, I wanted to say that... Oh well, what's important is that the truth was said.
To develop a healthy mind we must have a clean and healthy body to serve as a wessel. But, knowing the trend of the modern times (shifting fully away from manual labour) the mind is more important than the body.

arcticwolf
08-18-2014, 03:21 AM
Hey, I wanted to say that... Oh well, what's important is that the truth was said.
To develop a healthy mind we must have a clean and healthy body to serve as a wessel. But, knowing the trend of the modern times (shifting fully away from manual labour) the mind is more important than the body.

Not true. It helps, but it is not necessary. Body is just a biological machine. Your mind's attitude is all that counts. Think of all great people who were paralyzed, but achieved great things. The mind can transcend the body. Of course, deluded mind can't because it's hopelessly attached to the body.

Joso
04-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Not true. It helps, but it is not necessary. Body is just a biological machine. Your mind's attitude is all that counts. Think of all great people who were paralyzed, but achieved great things. The mind can transcend the body. Of course, deluded mind can't because it's hopelessly attached to the body.

Agreed. Unfortunately Arcticwolf is not active in TheApricty since 2014 but i will do what he did, i will make threads about buddhism with the same entusiasm and dedication he had. I hope he came back soon. I hope people will pay more attention to these threads about Buddhism, this can help people improve their personality and became happier.