PDA

View Full Version : The European Tea Party Movement

The Lawspeaker
02-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Heck.. I found it mentioned on Facebook and decided to google it:

http://euroteaparty.freedomrules.org/files/2010/02/EuroChain-150x150.png
At a first glance it just sounds ridiculous. What the heck do them Europeans think? Or even, who the heck are they? I mean, we know what Brits, Dutch, French, Germans, Poles, Czechs are. Even Lithuanians, we know by now, are not some left over Russians at the Baltic coast but a people with a long tradition. Yet, Europeans sounds a bit made up. Well, as made up as the term Americans would have sounded to the founding fathers of the United States I guess. They where no Americans, and they never thought of them as being “one nation under god”. They thought of themselves as from Main, New Hampshire, Rhode Island (uhm well not really, no one wanted to be a Rhode Islander), Delaware, New York, the Carolinas, Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and so on.

The men and women (yes there existed a faction called daughters of liberty in the colonies) did not raise their arms to create a central governed empire. What they raised their arms against was the central empire of their time. Great Britain. They raised their arms against arbitrary regulations, taxes without representation(well, all taxes in fact), they raised their arms against a mercantilist super power that was to choke the air out of their markets. They raised there arms against the unholy alliance of government looters and mercantilist looters, and they created, for the first time in known human history, an Institution of governing who’s legitimisation did not came from divine revelation or brute force, but from the consent of the people alone. A Government whose sole purpose was to ensure the natural rights of every human being not less but for sure not more. Even if the stain of slavery was still contaminating this society, it was the first that put the individual before the collective.

Now times have changed. The United States are not better or worse than any other centrally ruled empire today -maybe slightly better but all are heading in the same direction. Government has taken away most of the once thought to be self-evident rights and made Americans basically to the subjects of a centralized power. Yet, in their rhetoric they still stick to their roots, which today is the biggest thread for their power elites and the greatest hope for liberty in the USA. Americans are used to believe in individual freedom as no other people, even if they are stripped of it every day a little more.

You may yawn and ask, what does that have to do with Europe and us? A lot. Both of us, the Americans and Europeans head for the same bad omnipotent central leviathan called big government, only we come from different angles. They come from a tradition of individual freedom, free markets and a healthy mistrust against all who want to regulate them. The Europeans come from exactly the other side. We never had an outbreak of the individual will in Europe. We all are used to be rules, regulated, taxed, pampered, exploited and told what to do. Agreed, there are variations. The British and Dutch are certainly more willing to distrust and resist to state coercion as the Germans or French, on a whole. The Poles and with them all other eastern countries of the former soviet block are certainly more sensitive about what they hear promised by the politicians after they had to live through a system of proposed egalitarity which, in the end ,was not egalitarian but a bloody dictatorship of yet another power elite.

So we people from European countries maybe have thought, that the central government, the EU, might lead us to more liberty, free markets and prosperity. It turns out, we have been utterly betrayed on this. Like the peoples of the US we have been stripped of our rights, piece by piece, EU intervention by EU intervention, and sure, all in the name of securing us. Thank you, we can make our own decisions on what meat to buy from whom, how to plant our crops and where and how much, whom we want to do business with and how we want the contracts to look.
We do not need a Nanny that tells us what to do, how to do it, where to go, who is good and who is bad. And, by the way, we have no intention to pay the outrages fee this Nanny coerces us to pay for her “outstanding” Service.

We want a free Europe. A Europe without borders where people can freely travel, work, trade, communicate and live without any state interference and big businesses living off of state granted privileges. We want an Europe of the regions not a Europe where some French or German politician wants us to obey his arrogant decrees.

We are fed up with a bureaucracy that leeches on our prosperity, ever growing and never achieving a single successful project besides enriching themselves at the cost of the people.
We want a free market, free of interventions, restrictions and government granted privileges to pet groups and industries.
Give us freedom, not debt.

Join us and make your voice heard. They can not do without our consent, so if necessary take it away.

Well guys... I am just as amazed as you are.
You can find the website here (http://euroteaparty.freedomrules.org/blog/2010/02/17/why-a-european-tea-party-movement/comment-page-1/#comment-30).

hereward
02-28-2010, 02:58 PM
We want a free Europe. A Europe without borders where people can freely travel, work, trade, communicate and live without any state interference and big businesses living off of state granted privileges. We want an Europe of the regions

NO. With all honesty, I would rather die than surrender my country to 'Europe'.

The Lawspeaker
02-28-2010, 02:59 PM
It all sounds very much like a United States of Europe.. as based on the American model..

The Khagan
02-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Hm, actually no. This sounds as anti-State as it can get.

So anti-state, the author advocates no borders.

Sol Invictus
02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah a big thumbs down on anti-statism. :(

SwordoftheVistula
02-28-2010, 07:43 PM
A 'Europe of the regions' doesn't sound that bad, especially for those who are attempting to gain independence from 'nation-states' such as Northern Italy and the various parts of Spain and the UK. Certainly preferable to the current state of affairs.

Cato
03-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Anyplace I see Ron Paul mentioned, even indirectly, I feel my hackles being raised.