PDA

View Full Version : What is Srpska Kraina like nowadays?

VictriX
08-09-2014, 03:39 AM
I wonder, what's going on there... )

Sisak
08-09-2014, 11:05 AM
It is a poor mountainous region and has a high degree of depopulation.

Methmatician
08-09-2014, 11:12 AM
There are no more bombs going off over there.

VictriX
08-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Do they still live as a self-declared state and have their own president and so on?
I've never seen people from there online and am really interested how they're doing and what their relationship with the Croatian population is....

Insuperable
08-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Do they still live as a self-declared state and have their own president and so on?
I've never seen people from there online and am really interested how they're doing and what their relationship with the Croatian population is....

Yes, they do live as a separate state. One year the president is the president of Croatia and the next one year the president is president of Krajina and so on.

Albo Fire
08-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Nothing in specific expect for once strong Serb minority with break away aspiration from Croatia while today make up insignificant population with no muscles for separatism.

VictriX
08-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I've never met people from this region online or in Moscow while some other Serbs work here or are married to Russians and have got our citizenship. But never anyone from Kraina so it looks like something "mysterious" to me :-P.
Is Kraina poor or similar to the rest of Croatia?

Borna
08-09-2014, 07:59 PM
I've never met people from this region online or in Moscow while some other Serbs work here or are married to Russians and have got our citizenship. But never anyone from Kraina so it looks like something "mysterious" to me :-P.
Is Kraina poor or similar to the rest of Croatia?

Just ask Northern Serbs who settled area before 1918 what do they think about Krajina Serbs who inhabbited their lands after operation Storm lol.

Minesweeper
08-09-2014, 08:03 PM
It is a poor mountainous region and has a high degree of depopulation.

This. Minus the pre-war Serbian population or at least the most of it.

Sisak
08-10-2014, 05:11 PM
There is a big new Franciscan church being built in Knin:
http://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/ovogodisnja-kapitalna-investicija-u-kninu-gradnja-megalomanske-crkve-drzava-dala-10-milijuna-kuna/764591.aspx
http://i62.tinypic.com/2ymi149.jpg

Blackfyre
08-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Well, both Croatian and Bosnian Kraina are now peacful regions, given their history, that is a big change (if some of you don't know, Kraina means Frontier, it was the military border of the Ottomans and Habsburgs)
There are from time to time problems in the eastern part of Kraina, that is, the border area of Croatia and Serbia, escpecially the city of Vukovar, which, due to it's history during the last war, serves as a constant creator of debates when it comes to using Cyrillic scripture.

Borna
08-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Serbs will not use those hyeroglyphs in Croatia, period. Who does not like, leave.

Insuperable
08-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Serbs will not use those hyeroglyphs in Croatia, period. Who does not like, leave.

Maybe in Vukovar, but in places around Vukovar with pred. Serb population those 'hyeroglyphs' are in offical use.

Borna
08-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Maybe in Vukovar, but in places around Vukovar with pred. Serb population those 'hyeroglyphs' are in offical use.

It just shows how our state is kind toward aggressors, my family was expelled from Vojvodina, neither refund, neither any kind of satisfaction, they almost destroyed my car when i went to see village i was born in . And yest Croats have to show their "tolerant European face"

Guapo
08-10-2014, 08:45 PM
It just shows how our state is kind toward aggressors, my family was expelled from Vojvodina, neither refund, neither any kind of satisfaction, they almost destroyed my car when i went to see village i was born in . And yest Croats have to show their "tolerant European face"

what kind of car did you drive?

Borna
08-10-2014, 08:48 PM
what kind of car did you drive?

Its opel astra, and it is old, but i worked to buy that car, and gave some things i like as well. My windows were smashed and i didn't even bother to go to the police, like t hey would care about it.

Guapo
08-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Its opel astra, and it is old, but i worked to buy that car, and gave some things i like as well. My windows were smashed and i didn't even bother to go to the police, like t hey would care about it.

what do you expect from hooligans when they see your croatian plates? they smash up cars in zagreb if they see BG plates

Guapo
08-10-2014, 08:55 PM

I like my hieroglyph (Greek for "sacred writing") tattoos.

Kastrioti1443
08-10-2014, 09:06 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OvwjNZX3QcY/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAA2r8/uHF-bGPkvnQ/w800-h800/photo.jpg

Guapo
08-10-2014, 09:06 PM

Btw, its a shame that your family were kicked out from Vojvodina. In my area there still lives croats, bosniaks and even slovenes from generations ago. It's a mining town. Nobody bothers them, nobody cares. There was even a croatian magazin owner, who married a serb, from years ago and after he died the rumor was that he a "U" tattoo on his chest which he always kept hidden and never took off his shirt in public. His sons still live there.

Kastrioti1443
08-10-2014, 09:08 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DiHChtM8EfA/Ub4c1A_ey0I/AAAAAAAAAUI/zKHfLexF-YI/s1600/10-Sexy-or-Not-Girls-with-Tattoos-..jpg

Dzihadovic
08-10-2014, 09:09 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OvwjNZX3QcY/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAA2r8/uHF-bGPkvnQ/w800-h800/photo.jpg

Why is that arab in your signature holding a serbian flag :confused:

Guapo
08-10-2014, 09:09 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DiHChtM8EfA/Ub4c1A_ey0I/AAAAAAAAAUI/zKHfLexF-YI/s1600/10-Sexy-or-Not-Girls-with-Tattoos-..jpg

Sexy, Nice

Kastrioti1443
08-10-2014, 09:15 PM
for guapo

http://www.themindbodyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sexy-girls-yoga-pants-are-favorite-trend-right-now-30151.jpg

Borna
08-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Kastrioti ur sig is fun, sick person Ratko is good example of Danish Borreby/West Baltid and there is one arab holding his flag :D

Guapo
08-10-2014, 09:32 PM
You are a son of prostitute with unknown origin, a typical mongrel of the New World. Do you have any kind of Facebook son of whore?

Who sent you that quote anyway, kastrioti? :lol:

Borna
08-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Who sent you that quote anyway, kastrioti? :lol:
NO Kastrioti pointed it to member called Chichic :D

Immortal Technique
08-10-2014, 09:49 PM
NO Kastrioti pointed it to member called Chichic :D

If you find some more you can add them to the list i will pay more ,don't worry.

Borna
08-10-2014, 10:04 PM
If you find some more you can add them to the list i will pay more ,don't worry.

What is this crazy son of whore subhuman mongrel like you, you son of a raped russian prostitute working in the brothels of Germany?

Immortal Technique
08-10-2014, 10:06 PM
add yehiel to the list

Borna
08-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Now I saw where you are from, you are a mongrel from Caucasus, you are a subhuman unibrow caucasian mongrel, you are stereotyped as gypsies in Albania and you look like gypsies. You little subhuman, you are a caucasian gypsy middle eastern mongrel and you talk about the others.

Borna
08-10-2014, 10:13 PM
Albanians are european gods in front of your mongrels, especially those 2 mongrels from caucasus who made the boston bombings. Cuacasians are middle eastern mongrels in front of albanians.

My father is is whiter than 99% of the caucasian mongrels.

w little churka son of whore, do you have any Facebook account so i can see how you look like, mongrel?

Stop mentioning russia, little cuacasian gypsy son of whore, and btw russians are sold like dogs by albanians anywhere in europe, we do not consider them tough people.

Since you would cut my head, do you have any eamil, Facebook so we can meet and see what you will do to me? I will come to Frankfurt this August, so what do you say little caucasian mongrel?

Sisak
08-10-2014, 10:38 PM
^This is ridiculous and to cry at the same time, everithing you say.

Borna
08-10-2014, 10:39 PM
^This is ridiculous and to cry at the same time, everithing you say.

Why do you have Slavic banner, werent you Vlach princess of Illyrian origin ?

Guapo
08-10-2014, 10:39 PM
:popcorn:

Sisak
08-10-2014, 10:42 PM

Why do you care about that what I have as my metaetnicity?

Borna
08-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Why do you care about that what I have as my metaetnicity?

I do not care about you at all, just want to know why did you changed it.

Sisak
08-10-2014, 10:51 PM
I do not care about you at all, just want to know why did you changed it.

Slavizam iznad svega.

Insuperable
08-10-2014, 10:51 PM

You have European in your profile instead of Croatian, so you are in not that good position to critize someone on that matter. :laugh:

Borna
08-10-2014, 11:12 PM
You have European in your profile instead of Croatian, so you are in not that good position to critize someone on that matter. :laugh:

Forgot to change it when i went back from Slave Owner mode.

Guapo
08-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Slavizam iznad svega.

bubim te :love:

Insuperable
08-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Slavizam iznad svega.

Nemoj mi reći da si i ti nastrojena tome Slavicizmu.

VictriX
08-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Well, both Croatian and Bosnian Kraina are now peacful regions, given their history, that is a big change (if some of you don't know, Kraina means Frontier, it was the military border of the Ottomans and Habsburgs)
There are from time to time problems in the eastern part of Kraina, that is, the border area of Croatia and Serbia, escpecially the city of Vukovar, which, due to it's history during the last war, serves as a constant creator of debates when it comes to using Cyrillic scripture.
Yep, here "kraina" also means "frontier" ))).
Why are there letter debates? Da li Hrvatska zabranjuje cirilicu?

Borna
08-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Such thing as SRAO Kraina does not exist anymore. It never existed actually.

StormBringer
08-21-2014, 03:39 PM
It's long gone.You can still listen to its wonderful tunes (http://www.srpskakrajina.rs) though! (actually the radio sucks, they hardly play any war time music and most of it is just boring gastarbeiter shit aimed at people who moved abroad, nostalgic dollars are best dollars!)

From what little remaining relatives I have over in Croatia, it seems pretty sucky to live in Croatia as a Serb nowadays.And if a person who was forced to leave their home back in 90s does decide to come back to the "hearth of their ancestors", it's pretty much rural shitholes littered with landmines in a hostile environment anyway...no future for Serbs there, if only we were never forced to move there in the first place, goddamn Turks!

We fled the country soon after the first independent voting or whatever, my dad got beat up by some of their newly formed police, and they threatened to kill my grandpa the next time they come around, and we lived in a village which was majority Croat populated, so..."we fled like hawks while they chased us like cunts" (well, I was still in the womb at the time, so it's more like "I swam like an eel!")

My parents went to a baptizment of a child in Croatia, whose parents are both Serbs couple of years ago, and apparently they did it in a Catholic church.
How long do you think it'll take for the kid or at least its offspring to assimilate?

Insuperable
08-21-2014, 03:56 PM
It's long gone.You can still listen to its wonderful tunes (http://www.srpskakrajina.rs) though! (actually the radio sucks, they hardly play any war time music and most of it is just boring gastarbeiter shit aimed at people who moved abroad, nostalgic dollars are best dollars!)

From what little remaining relatives I have over in Croatia, it seems pretty sucky to live in Croatia as a Serb nowadays.And if a person who was forced to leave their home back in 90s does decide to come back to the "hearth of their ancestors", it's pretty much rural shitholes littered with landmines in a hostile environment anyway...no future for Serbs there, if only we were never forced to move there in the first place, goddamn Turks!

We fled the country soon after the first independent voting or whatever, my dad got beat up by some of their newly formed police, and they threatened to kill my grandpa the next time they come around, and we lived in a village which was majority Croat populated, so..."we fled like hawks while they chased us like cunts" (well, I was still in the womb at the time, so it's more like "I swam like an eel!")

My parents went to a baptizment of a child in Croatia, whose parents are both Serbs couple of years ago, and apparently they did it in a Catholic church.
How long do you think it'll take for the kid or at least its offspring to assimilate?

Well, I am sorry to hear that. Regarding the last sentence, they are Catholic Serbs I am guessing. If they are Serbs religion shouldn't make any difference.

Szegedist
07-22-2015, 02:47 PM
It's famous for the international traktorijada contest that is held there every year.

Borna
07-22-2015, 02:52 PM
It's famous for the international traktorijada contest that is held there every year.

5 th August is soon. You are most welcome mate :D

Szegedist
07-22-2015, 03:02 PM
5 th August is soon. You are most welcome mate :D

I am betting on Davai. Knin to Ravna Gora in 60 seconds.

Jana
07-22-2015, 03:08 PM
I am betting on Davai. Knin to Ravna Gora in 60 seconds.

In reality Croatia rebuilt their houses and they are free to return if they wish so. Some are accused war criminals however and can't return (thankfully)

PS I remember when Hungarians wrote support message for our generals. köszönöm :)
http://i.imgur.com/Shdnx9P.jpg

Rugevit
07-22-2015, 06:30 PM
I heard and read about Srpska Kraina many times. Never saw a map of the region.

Borna
07-22-2015, 10:13 PM
I heard and read about Srpska Kraina many times. Never saw a map of the region.

Because such thing does not exist. Krajina means frontier, and during Ottoman invasion, there was military frontier on the borders of Croatia.
But it was never "Serbian frontier", just military frontier.

Rugevit
07-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Because such thing does not exist. Krajina means frontier, and during Ottoman invasion, there was military frontier on the borders of Croatia.
But it was never "Serbian frontier", just military frontier.

There is a term 'Srpska Kraina' that describes the region, but there is no region?

Szegedist
07-23-2015, 06:03 PM
There is a term 'Srpska Kraina' that describes the region, but there is no region?

"Srpska Krajina" is a fantasy land that only exists in some literature, but mostly in imagination, just like Narnia, Neverand, Middle Earth...