PDA

View Full Version : Patriarchy

KeinMitleid
08-09-2014, 04:59 AM
The scum of the modern Feminist movement seem to direct their hate to something they call 'The Patriarchy'. What are your views on Patriarchy, Patriarchal societies, and Matriarchal societies? Please discuss.

Óttar
08-09-2014, 05:08 AM
Patriarchy exists. It is a product of monolithic agriculture which then led to the Industrial Revolution, and is still in place today. Patronymic surnames, preference for sons, historically controlling women's sexuality, the complete lack of women save a few in any meaningful historical record, the complete domination of men in the public sphere until recent times, etc. It is important that we differentiate patriarchy "rule of fathers i.e. institutions composed of older men who use younger men to fight and die for them to protect their interests, property etc." from androcracy, "rule of men" per se.

Aviator
08-09-2014, 05:11 AM
The real question is:

Is patriarchy unnatural?

KeinMitleid
08-09-2014, 05:11 AM
So in other words you're saying that in modern western societies, women are oppressed the same as they were in the dawn of the industrial age? Really?

Óttar
08-09-2014, 05:13 AM
So in other words you're saying that in modern western societies, women are oppressed the same as they were in the dawn of the industrial age? Really?
No. But patriarchy still exists.

KeinMitleid
08-09-2014, 05:14 AM
The real question is:

Is patriarchy unnatural?

Exactly. Perhaps not in the sense of men controlling virtually everything in society but by and large the more arduous tasks in a society have been, since the dawn of man, been given to physically stronger sex.

FeederOfRavens
08-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Patriarchy=Civilization. It is completely natural.

KeinMitleid
08-09-2014, 05:15 AM
No. But patriarchy still exists.

Then explain what "patriarchy" is in modern western society. How its influence is felt as well, please, because from what I gather this is a matriarchy.

Aviator
08-09-2014, 05:32 AM
Patriarchy most certainly exists.

But it is nothing like the type of "patriarchy" that modern-day feminists refer to.

KeinMitleid
08-09-2014, 05:35 AM
Patriarchy most certainly exists.

But it is nothing like the type of "patriarchy" that modern-day feminists refer to.

Okay, so could you explain it once more for me? Didn't quite catch it.

1stLightHorse
08-09-2014, 05:49 AM
http://www.catholicvote.org/discuss/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/cwpix.jpg

Neanderthal
08-09-2014, 06:02 AM
It all depends on values. I don't care about patriarchs nor matriarchs.

I was raised in a total matriarchy, but very traditional, rational and strict. I remember for example my grandma not letting us growing our hair long, wearing flashy colors and stuff like that. My mother used to tell us she would kill a son if he turned out to be homosexual. I used to piss her off telling her to get a casket ready :lol:

No first world problems.

Óttar
08-09-2014, 04:53 PM
My mother used to tell us she would kill a son if he turned out to be homosexual.
@OP

This is a good example of a patriarchal mindset.

alfieb
08-09-2014, 05:02 PM
The real question is:

Is patriarchy unnatural?

In some species, yes, in some, no.

In the lion kingdom? No. In the human race? Also no.

But among say, bees and ants? The alpha female rules over everything.