And of the holy londe
Of Irlonde.
Goode sire, praye ich thee,
For ofº sainte charitee,
Com and dance with me
In Irlonde

Peachy Carnahan
02-28-2010, 05:31 PM
May i enquire wether you are drunk or not......just like the Irish are most of the time.....?

Murphy
02-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Just like the Irish are most of the time.....?

The Irish have a healthy respect for alcohol.. where as every town and village in England (never mind the cities) are filled with binge drinking sluts and whiggers every weekend trying to forget their miserable lives by drowning in cheap aclohol.

The key to an Englishwoman's fanny is a Bacardi Breezer.

Peachy Carnahan
02-28-2010, 05:44 PM
^

Well you ought to go there then...you never know you might actaully lose your virginity.

Murphy
02-28-2010, 05:46 PM
^

Well you ought to go there then...you never know you might actaully lose your virginity.

You're working under the assumption that a) I am still a virgin and b) that even if I was a virgin, I would need to lose my virginity.

None of it really changes the facts of the matter.. and that is that your women are quite frankly the dregs of human society. Quite similiar to "ho's frm da hood".

Peachy Carnahan
02-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Dont get worked up about it...its bad for your pimples.

Murphy
02-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Dont get worked up about it...its bad for your pimples.

Oh wow. I am so hurt. I will now go away and cry.

Monolith
02-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I like the song :thumb001: I've always considered the Irish to be the most similar Western Europeans to my own folk. :)

Peachy Carnahan
02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
You mean Croatians are a nation of drunks too.....?

Most Irish people are so white that they are actually blue and some of them have the veins on the outside of their bodies....is this also true of Croatians....

Say it aint so.

Monolith
02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
You mean Croatians are a nation of drunks too.....?
Nah, people here do like to drink, though that doesn't make us a nation of drunks. :) I was simply referring to the fact that the Irish are a merry folk, like people where I'm from. ;)

Guapo
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
I like the song :thumb001: I've always considered the Irish to be the most similar Western Europeans to my own folk. :)

It's the same with a lot of Serbs. Don't know why. Must be because of large alcohol consumption and them being exotic too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEt2XdN_TbQ

Poltergeist
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Hail the Celtomania/Hibernomania!

Liffrea
02-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Monolith
the fact that the Irish are a merry folk

How many have you known?

My gran was known as “Mick” for her nasty temper, most Irish I have known are moody bastards in general, one minute laughing next minute trying to smash the glass of guiness they just bought you over your head….

Great people! Have had some great laughs and brawls with paddies…least you know where you stand…..usually in the police station either way!:D:p

Monolith
02-28-2010, 07:44 PM
How many have you known?
About a dozen in real life I guess, mostly tourists. Not too many, but they do have this reputation of being a merry people, don't they? :)

My gran was known as “Mick” for her nasty temper, most Irish I have known are moody bastards in general, one minute laughing next minute trying to smash the glass of guiness they just bought you over your head….

Great people! Have had some great laughs and brawls with paddies…least you know where you stand…..usually in the police station either way!:D:p
Haha, I had something similar in mind anyway :D I remember my high school days.. It was quite similar. :P

Wulfhere
02-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Nah, people here do like to drink, though that doesn't make us a nation of drunks. :) I was simply referring to the fact that the Irish are a merry folk, like people where I'm from. ;)

I can only assume you don't really know them, then. Unless you mean Hollywood Irish, that is.

Liffrea
02-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Monolith
but they do have this reputation of being a merry people, don't they?

If you make friends with them they are kind and genuine people (not to generalise a people just experience both of my own family history and the countless number of Irish I have known).

However get on the wrong side.......the Irish, in my experience, are an extreme people.

Beorn
02-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Yowza! That sounds expensive. Irishwomen only ask you don't tell.

Osweo
02-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Interesting text, Alanilla! What's the age of it? Pretty early - 'Middle English'? 1300s?

International Hibernomania is damned irritating, though. 'Merry folk'... :rolleyes: Last Irish wedding I went to, all the pure Paddies were in bed by 2, with just me, my mostly English brother and some Belarusskas up to see the dawn... ;)

Óttar
02-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I went to check out an apartment with my roommates and one of the apartments was occupied by Irish people. Their rooms were organised like a dorm with many beds on the floor. One of the girls was really loud and sociable on account of the fact she was plastered. Two others were hungover. In reference to the first girl, the prospector said, "Well, it looks like she had an Irish breakfast this morning." It was 2 in the afternoon! :D

Germanicus
02-28-2010, 08:17 PM

Bloody hell things change over the years, in my day it was a Brandy/Babycham.:)

Amapola
02-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Interesting text, Alanilla! What's the age of it? Pretty early - 'Middle English'? 1300s?

International Hibernomania is damned irritating, though. 'Merry folk'... :rolleyes: Last Irish wedding I went to, all the pure Paddies were in bed by 2, with just me, my mostly English brother and some Belarusskas up to see the dawn... ;)

It's anonymous (14th century).
Aye! it's Middle English lyrics, and very fresh imo, despite the dose of conventionality and stilization both religious and secular lyrics were subject at the time.

Another one I like:

Tell Me, Wight in the Broom

"Say me, wight in the broom,
What is me for to doon?
Ich have the werste bonde
That is in any londe."

"If thy bonde is ille,
Hold thy tonge stille."

:)

Beorn
02-28-2010, 08:52 PM
It was 2 in the afternoon! :D

She was drunk late!

Treffie
06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
The Irish have a healthy respect for alcohol.. where as every town and village in England (never mind the cities) are filled with binge drinking sluts and whiggers every weekend trying to forget their miserable lives by drowning in cheap aclohol.

LOL, you must be joking - binge drinking (http://www.impactlab.com/2006/09/21/binge-drinking-a-major-problem-in-ireland/) is even more of a problem than it is in the UK. ;)