PDA

View Full Version : Are you pro Organic or pro GMO food?

Myth
08-09-2014, 05:55 PM
So I am curious how many of you guys support organic food and those who support Gmos? I have become tired of there genetically modified food in the United States and poor subsidized crap like soy oil, canola, corn, refined bleach , etc. I have changed my diet to only eat grass fed beef , free range chicken, organic veggies and soon going to start juicing on only organic veggies, I believe GMOs are a large reason we have issues with cancer, and the subsidized high fructose corn syrup is causing diabetes and obesity,

Longbowman
08-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Your belief GMO causes cancer has no evidence. GM crops feed the starving. Organic food is just a scam. Besides, it's not like wheat is as it was naturally, or cows evolved without human assistance; nearly all 'organic' food has been artificially selected - or genetically modified - by man. Just because it happened a while ago doesn't mean it isn't true.

New age hippies are retarding human development.

Blackfyre
08-12-2014, 12:01 AM
GMO food is the future of mankind and a possitive thing as long as it is kept far away from greedy capitalists (the state and scientific institutions should have a monopoly on it)
Until GMOF technology is made fully safe and out of the controll of heartless corporations, I'd stay with organic.

Seraph of the End
08-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Pro organic :)

Ars Moriendi
08-31-2014, 10:01 PM
I don't have any sympathy for Monsanto, nor those that try to emulate them.

One of the worst cases of Anglo-American short-term goals being pushed over the rest of the world's better sense.

ALSh
08-31-2014, 10:02 PM
Is this even a question?

Ars Moriendi
08-31-2014, 10:04 PM
Is this even a question?

There are people that believe Enron was innocent, people that believe Wall Street is just legitimate "capitalist" business and people that believe Rupert Murdoch is an impartial source of information.
Why would it be surprising to find people who cheer for Monsanto?

Prisoner Of Ice
08-31-2014, 10:05 PM
You can go in between and still use pesticides and such, that is mainly where I stand those those should be limited too. Basically they grow 'monoculture' everything and that is the reason they have to blast with pesticides. There's other varieties that are less susceptible and having different varieties makes it harder for pests to infiltrate them all.

ALSh
08-31-2014, 10:14 PM
There are people that believe Enron was innocent, people that believe Wall Street is just legitimate "capitalist" business and people that believe Rupert Murdoch is an impartial source of information.
Why would it be surprising to find people who cheer for Monsanto?

Thats true my neighbour, world is full of ignorants, its easy to find lots of them.

armenianbodyhair
08-31-2014, 10:18 PM
GMOs are generally a good thing I think, however some companies take them way too far and use them for sinister purposes.

Abraxas
08-31-2014, 11:03 PM
I grow my own food. I live in a rural area. So I go completely organic.

Kale
09-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Provided you do not live in a city, there is really no logical reason you shouldn't be growing your own food...the illogical reason is that its illegal. How much does some plastic wrap and a couple 2 by 4s cost to build a greenhouse? Not a whole lot.

Longbowman
09-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Provided you do not live in a city, there is really no logical reason you shouldn't be growing your own food...the illogical reason is that its illegal. How much does some plastic wrap and a couple 2 by 4s cost to build a greenhouse? Not a whole lot.

I'm sorry, in which country?

Rudel
09-07-2014, 11:24 AM
What kind of question is that ? Who is pro-GMO :crazy: ?

Furnace
09-07-2014, 12:23 PM
It's creepy how some people can be pro-GMO. Nobody should be allowed to patent something as basic as seeds just because they 'improved' some of its DNA sequences.

Shah-Jehan
09-07-2014, 12:27 PM
I don't really care for the most part because you have to train your stomach and body to consume all types of food, though I'd prefer organic because it's more natural and for the most part more healthier and nutritional.

Kale
09-07-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry, in which country?

U.S.A.

You need ridiculous acreage in a lot of areas to legally possess livestock, and I don't even know where to find seeds that are non-GMO (and thus legal to replant).

Ars Moriendi
09-19-2014, 06:01 PM

The champions of the status-quo and conformity, of course.

On the meantime, let's learn about GMO grass (just approved):

--------------------------------

Kiss Your Grass-Fed Beef Goodbye! GMO Grass About to Be Approved

http://naturalsociety.com/kiss-grass-fed-beef-goodbye-scotts-gmo-grass-approved/

http://cdn.naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/gmo_grass_dark_biohazard-263x164.png

While many of us rely on grass-fed beef as a source of healthful, properly raised meat, that option of healthy eating may just move down a peg? Why? Not because cattle may have to switch to GM grain, but rather because cattle may be forced to indulge in genetically modified grass.

The Scotts ‘Miracle-Gro’ Company which created genetically modified RoundUp-Ready Kentucky Bluegrass has announced that it will conduct field trials at the homes of Scotts’ employees. What’s more, they can do so without any government oversight because there are no laws that prohibit or limit the planting of GMO grass.

We already know that RoundUp ready crops have been linked (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691512005637) (retracted, but read more on that here) (http://naturalsociety.com/sordid-details-behind-attacks-seralinis-notorious-gmo-rat-study/) via independent peer reviewed studies to inflammatory, genotoxic, neurotoxic, carcinogenic, and endocrine disrupting diseases, as well as infertility. RoundUp also chelates important minerals from the body, robbing you of your good health.

Now, cattle will graze upon GMO Kentucky Bluegrass (http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2014/01/31/scotts-tests-modified-grass-seed-at-homes.html) and people will ingest the RoundUp chemicals sprayed on the cow’s favorite meal.

You can guess who is behind this latest GMO development.

Scotts is Monsanto’s exclusive agent for the marketing and distribution of consumer RoundUp.

We are running out of time to try and get Scott’s from being able to market and sell this latest GMO product. You can sign this petitio (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/354/661/966/stop-scotts-gmo-grass-in-its-tracks-now/)n which will be sent to Hagedorn, along with the CEOs of Lowe’s and Home Depot who are expected to sell the GMO grass.

Read: The GMO Lawn Engineered to Eat Copious Amounts of Pesticides (http://naturalsociety.com/gmo-lawn-coming-suburbia-near/)

“…GMO Roundup Ready grass will result in a further increase in the use of Roundup, which will contaminate our groundwater and drinking water. Imagine your children & pets frolicking around in a sea of herbicidal poison. Because of inevitable contamination, the grass is likely to be eaten by grass grazing animals. There has been no toxicity testing and the potential harm to animals eating this GMO grass is unknown. Will we be saying good-bye to pasture raised meat? Lastly, it is a scientific fact that weeds will evolve to develop resistance to Roundup, leading to ever increasing amounts being applied.”

Additionally, you can request that your grocery store only carry certified GMO-free grass-fed beef. The game is changing yet again as biotech tries to infiltrate every conceivable agricultural market on the planet.

While Jim Hagedorn, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, is likely doing a happy promenade, those who love their grass-fed beef and rely upon it as a healthier source of meat can kiss it goodbye.

Additional Sources:

Psrast (http://www.psrast.org/subeqau.htm)

BusinessInsider (http://www.businessinsider.com/monsantos-roundup-and-resistant-corn-found-to-be-toxic-2012-9)

Web.MIT.edu (http://web.mit.edu/demoscience/Monsanto/impact.html)

Foxy
09-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Pro organic, rednecks-terroni made food at 0 km from my home.

Borna
09-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Organic, i am village kid, whole my life i ate vegetables and fruits only grown by my family.
Not using any kind of hybrids and various other stuff.

I know what i ate, i watch it over year, grow it by myself, when it reaches my table i know exactly its taste, it may be not perfect when you look at it, but it is twice more delicious than anything those imbeciles in laboratory can produce.

The Illyrian Warrior
09-19-2014, 06:09 PM
To understand the GMO process, one should look closer at Monsanto modern day massacre and come to a sane conclusion that GMO is worst possible food to consume, with this being said the seeds of GMO are genetically modified so that can be spread uninvited to different host hence random farmers.

Empecinado
09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Organic all the way. No chemical, hormonal, transgenic and all the other toxic shit GMO food has.

Seraph of the End
09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Organic, i am village kid, whole my life i ate vegetables and fruits only grown by my family.
Not using any kind of hybrids and various other stuff.

I know what i ate, i watch it over year, grow it by myself, when it reaches my table i know exactly its taste, it may be not perfect when you look at it, but it is twice more delicious than anything those imbeciles in laboratory can produce.

In my family we also grow our own food. Well, my grandmother is ... but she's sending us vegetables and fruits and we mostly eat that. I think I'll also grow my own food when I start my own family. It definitely tastes better :D

Gustave H
09-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Organic food tastes better. So, organic.

Longbowman
09-19-2014, 06:52 PM
The word organic is pretty misused. It's not like the cereals you eat can be organic. They all come from domesticated wild grasses. Contemporary apples and barley aren't 'full of chemicals' (which by the way, is a scary sounding word, but doesn't necessarily mean anything bad) unless you count the basic chemical structure of all, you know, things. They've just been modified on a genetic level to be better.

Kind of like eugenics.

Myth
09-20-2014, 04:51 PM
I also prefer the taste of grass fed raw milk over pasteurized shit, too bad it's illegal in much of the us now.

Linebacker
09-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Well I stuff myself with protein powders and all kinds of other supplements that are lab made so I guess I have little to say.

Oneeye
09-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Everything I eat is organic, even if it is genetically modified. xD

All living things are organic.

Stanley
09-20-2014, 05:20 PM

You need to look up what a genetically modified organism is. Contrary to popular belief, being 'pro-GMO' is not the equivalent of being 'pro-Monsanto', or whatever the hell it is people like to frame the argument as.

The champions of the status-quo and conformity, of course.
The only thing worse than being a champion of conformity (and seeing the value in GMOs doesn't automatically make someone one) is the kind of intellectually dishonest, almost mechanical reflex of self-proclaimed nonconformists already making up their minds before any real objective look at what passes in rational minds as evidence.

Organic all the way. No chemical, hormonal, transgenic and all the other toxic shit GMO food has.
Those are bold claims. Do you have any proof?
Something like this doesn't count, by the way:
http://i.imgur.com/uZC5fF9.gif

Smaug
09-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Whatever.

Oneeye
09-20-2014, 05:32 PM
I hope you guys still get your minerals, even though they aren't organic. A lack of K+ would be devastating, though many could afford a cutback in Na+ for hypertension's sake.

Xanthias
09-20-2014, 05:38 PM
You'll all die in shit when you eat GMO, nothing better than naturally grown aliments without any genetic modification (that, in second, give rise to cancer)

Xanthias
09-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Your belief GMO causes cancer has no evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTX3ClI44es

watch this. It's 2 hours long and in french (can't find anything in english)

Pjeter Pan
09-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Idk my dad mostly buys our meats at a deli and we buy our chickens at a farm and kills them there.. Don't if its GMO or organic and I really don't give a shit because I'm a real men not a upper class white girl.

Rudel
09-20-2014, 05:50 PM
You need to look up what a genetically modified organism is.
Yes, I don't have any notions of biology and I rely solely of popular mystifications to form my opinions.

Stanley
09-20-2014, 05:53 PM
I hope you guys still get your minerals, even though they aren't organic. A lack of K+ would be devastating, though many could afford a cutback in Na+ for hypertension's sake.

Fuck you, man, I'm pure carbon.
http://image.ec21.com/image/huxuejing1987/OF0010553062_1/Sell_active_carbon_Solid.jpg

Honestly though, there are risks associated with genetically altering food, and those risks are upped when profit-seeking is the primary motivator behind certain actions. I feel like being a big GMO proponent here mostly because this is a debate that's always so horribly mischaracterized.

chestbrah
09-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Gmo are completely safe. Honestly the water you drink is probaly more dangerous than gmo or aspartame. Don't take me wrong there are conspiracies that are definitely real but some go just to excessive with it and are making money off of such conspiracies

Oneeye
09-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Fuck you, man, I'm pure carbon.
http://image.ec21.com/image/huxuejing1987/OF0010553062_1/Sell_active_carbon_Solid.jpg

Honestly though, there are risks associated with genetically altering food, and those risks are upped when profit-seeking is the primary motivator behind certain actions. I feel like being a big GMO proponent here mostly because this is a debate that's always so horribly mischaracterized.

I'm not so much "pro-GMO" as I am anti-organic. It's a scam, afaik.

I dislike the patenting of crops aspect of GMOs.

Blackfyre
09-20-2014, 06:07 PM
People, GMF is not just Monsantno. GMF is the future, the only problem in it's way is capitalism. All tho that just sounded extremly lefty from me, it is still the truth: greed ruins the progress. Also, do not confuse Genetically Modified Food for GMOs in general. Without GMOs, there would be no insulin for istance, and many more things. To be anti-GMF is one thing, which can be justified, but being Anti-GMO in general is plain out idiotic. GMF can save the world, but it should be brought under the hand of scientists and the state. Scientific progress is the greatest goal to strive for as a species.

♥ Lily ♥
09-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Pro-organic.

I read an article about 32 people dying in the US from unknown causes yet they'd all taken the same vitamin supplements. There was nothing harmful found in the ingredients, nor in the dosages of the vitamins, but it was discovered that the ingredients all came from GM sources. Whether this had an effect on their health is debatable though, but something to still take into consideration.

Prince Charles has given numerous public speeches warning about GM foods as being an 'environmental catastrophe' and has called GM foods as 'Frankenstein foods'.

He promotes organic foods grown in Highgrove to the public.

Highgrove is private land owned by Prince Charles and has very pure organic soil and crops and no chemical fertilisers are used either. Highgrove is natures purest secret.
Foods grown in Highgrove are sold to the UK public since Prince Charles is against GM foods and promotes organic. It's something I agree with too.

I'm also against the use of chemical fertilisers, processed foods and using microwave rays to heat foods instead of cooking with natural gas. I refuse to buy foods in aluminium tins and refuse to use aluminium cookware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAbeYk_vSaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXc7K17x-dw

turkojew
09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
GMO foods sure have advantages but disadvantages like being unhealty for your well-being overruns pros.

Thanks to capitalism, novadays ketchups have chemicals which taste like tomatoes. Not even GMO tomatoes. So organic vs GMO will eventually replaced by GMO vs chemicals.

Mortimer
09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
pro organic

Empecinado
09-20-2014, 07:13 PM

Pesticides, growth hormones, antibiotics, modified genes ... all that. I try to eat only foods raised without any of this.

Longbowman
09-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Pesticides, growth hormones, antibiotics, modified genes ... all that. I try to eat only foods raised without any of this.

Mate, could you provide evidence as to why plant growth hormones, antibiotics, and 'modified genes' affect us? Of course we do not consume the pesticide itself.

Rudel
09-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Mate, could you provide evidence as to why plant growth hormones, antibiotics,
Hormones that make it to humans through food and water (as the water supplies get contaminated) are confirmed to have a set of side effects, including lowering the quality of sperm across the whole population.
And it is well know the abuse of antibiotics in both food and direct prescriptions are pushing forward resistant strains of bacteria.

Of course we do not consume the pesticide itself.
Your whole soil is just getting filled with nitrate and so is your water, no biggy.

Anyway, due to fertilization policies, most of the cultivated land in Europe will pretty soon be so saturated in azote no amount of genetic engineering will be able to keep up with the yields experienced do far.

Empecinado
09-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Mate, could you provide evidence as to why plant growth hormones, antibiotics, and 'modified genes' affect us? Of course we do not consume the pesticide itself.

I meant animals, obviously (no growth hormones or antibiotics are used with plants). Plants only in case of modified genes and pesticides, and the pesticides are indirectly consumed when we eat the plants. In pubmed.gov you have many studies about this.

♥ Lily ♥
09-20-2014, 07:39 PM
I like going to cafes that sell organic fruit juices and salads.

I find organic strawberries grown in their natural season tastes so much nicer and sweeter than GM strawberries which seems kind of tasteless to me.

If I was blindfolded and had to take a taste-test between organic and GM fruits I'm sure I'd be able to tell the difference.

I don't add sugar or anything to them, and I find organic apple and pear juice tastes much nicer too.

Blackfyre
09-20-2014, 09:56 PM

If we, for instance, removed all of those from agricutlure, the whole planet would become one big Africa in terms of food...

Empecinado
09-20-2014, 10:03 PM
If we, for instance, removed all of those from agricutlure, the whole planet would become one big Africa in terms of food...

That's true, but fortunately I have access to natural food.

ALSh
09-20-2014, 10:05 PM

Pesticides used with limit is not a problem for human health, but GMO is another story.

Blackfyre
09-20-2014, 10:05 PM
That's true, but fortunately I have access to natural food.

As do I, but never the less, we must work on making all those un-organic food sources more and more safe, and that is doable. With science and progress everything will become doable one day, all it takes is hard work and some good willed people with the ability to do it.

Ars Moriendi
09-21-2014, 01:49 AM

Search for a bit. Not hard.
Published on September 10, 2014. Results obtained after changing from GMO to non-GMO Soy in Denmark.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Changing from GMO to Non-GMO Natural Soy, Experiences from Denmark

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Changing_from_GMO_to_non-GMO_soy.php

Healthier, more productive pigs, more profit, and much less birth deformities; an important lesson for all farmers not to use GMO feed or glyphosate on their land Ib Borup Pederson

Based on invited lecture at the 1st Forum of Development and Environmental Safety, under the theme “Food Safety and Sustainable Agriculture 2014”, 25 - 26 July 2014, Beijing

I want to tell you what I have seen on my farm and about the on-farm and lab investigations carried out in collaboration with Professor Monika Krüger and other scientists.

My farm “Pilegaarden” (Willow Farm) is an average Danish farm in the small village of Hvidsten. Our pigs are raised accordingly to United Kingdom regulations for pig housing, and exported to the UK for consumption. Inside the pig farm is a straw-based system for the sows as well as a standard farrowing house.

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/graphics/Changing_from_GMO_to_non-GMO_soy1.jpg

Healthier, more productive sows, less medication, more piglets and much more profit

I had read about the effects that GM feed has on rats in lab experiments (see [1] GM Soya Fed Rats: Stunted, Dead, or Steril (http://www.i-sis.org.uk/GM_Soya_Fed_Rats.php)e, SiS 33), so I decided to change the feed from GM to non-GM soy in April 2011 without telling the herdsman on the farm. Two days afterwards, he said to me: “You have changed the food.” He always notices whenever there is any problem with the feed and tells me. This time was different. Something very good was happening with the food as the pigs were not getting diarrhoea any more. The farm was saving 2/3 of the medicine or £7.88 per sow; not just my farm but three other farms in Denmark that switched from GMO to non GMO feed have also seen the same. Medication after the changeover in the weaners barn also went down dramatically by 66 %, with one type of antibiotics not being used since.

The sows have higher milk production; we can tell because the sows are suckling 1, 2 or 3 more piglets and have more live born pigs, on average 1.8 piglets more per sow. They wean 1,8 pigs more pr. litter, and have more live born pigs. We have seen a certain aggressive diarrhoea disappear altogether that affected young piglets in the first week of life, killing up to 30 % of the pigs. It has completely gone for over 3 years. Sows no longer suffer from bloating or ulcers and they also live longer in high production, only dropping in effectivity after 8 layers compared to 6 on GM soy.

So, a change to non-GM soy makes the herd easier to manage, improves the health of the herd, reduces medicine usage, increases production and is very profitable.

Severe birth deformities in piglets

Deformities in the pigs used to be very rare and I used to be proud to send Siamese twins to schools for classes because it would only happen one in a million. But then they became too frequent. So I read a lot on the subject and my suspicion fell on glyphosate. I read how glyphosate had been shown in scientific studies (see [2] Lab Study Establishes Glyphosate Link to Birth Defects (http://www.i-sis.org.uk/glyphosateCausesBirthDefects.php), SiS 48, [3]) to cause deformities and noted it was the same type of deformities that I was seeing in my pigs, and the same as those found in anencephaly babies in Washington counties in US [4] that Don Huber talked about as well as the birth defects in Argentina [5, 6] (Argentinas Roundup Human Tragedy (http://www.i-sis.org.uk/argentinasRoundupHumanTragedy.php) , SiS 48) as described by Dr Medardo Avila-Vasquez where high levels of glyphosate are used. I had looked at studies showing that a 2-day exposure to 3.07 mg/l glyphosate herbicide caused only 10 % mortality but caused malformations in 55 % of test animals [7]. A toxicological study in 2003 led by Dr Dallegrave [8] found bone abnormalities, absence of bones or parts of bones, shortened and bent bones, asymmetry, fusions, and clefts in rats. So, after this I began to list all the deformities I saw in my pigs.

I decided to be on the safe side, by listing the clear deformities that cannot be missed, like a back that is totally kinked over (see Figure 1). I have pictures of all the deformed piglets, which are born alive in most cases. One had a 180° bend in one of its vertebra. There were also deformities in the soft tissue, and one without an anus. One had kidney problems; another had its stomach outside the body. One had a cranial deformity, with no eyes and its brain outside the head; this is very typical. One had no cranium at all. Some are even messier. There was a piglet with only one eye, and one completely headless. There was a little nose, but it had no bones to grow on so it probably would have died just after birth. We also started counting deformities of the tail, which are never fatal but are actually spinal deformities.

I sent the deformed piglets to Germany to be analysed by Krüger at Leipzig University. She opened them up and took the organs including the lungs, liver, kidneys, muscles, nervous system, intestines and heart; and she found glyphosate in all of the organs (see Box). You can see some of them in the scientific paper I published with Krüger and other scientists [9].

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/graphics/Changing_from_GMO_to_non-GMO_soy2.jpg
Figure 1 List of documented deformities observed (with Chinese translations) in piglets born to sows fed a diet containing different amounts of glyphosate. Glyphosate is present in all animal feed (except organic) due to the indiscriminate use of Roundup pre-seeding, or as desiccant; manure has Roundup residues in it and is recycled in the feed.

Glyphosate detected in malformed piglets [9]

A total of 38 deformed Danish one-day old piglets were euthanized and the tissues analysed for glyphosate using ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay). All organs or tissues had glyphosate in different concentrations. The highest concentrations were seen in the lungs ((0.4-80mg/ml) and heart (0.15-80 mg/ml); the lowest in muscles (4.4-6.4 mg/g).

Rate of malformation increased to one out of 260 born piglets if sow feeds contain 0.87-1.13 ppm glyphosate in the first 40 days of pregnancy. In case of 0.25 ppm glyphosate one out of 1 432 piglets was malformed. These piglets showed different abnormalities as ear atrophy, spinal and cranial deformations, cranium hole in head and leg atrophy; in one piglet only a single large eye developed. Piglets without trunk, with elephant tongue, and female piglet with testes were also present. One malformed piglet showed a swollen belly and fore gut and hind gut were not connected.

The researchers note: “Further investigations are urgently needed to prove or exclude glyphosate in malformations in piglets and other animals.”

Teratogenic dose much lower than the regulatory allowed dose

In addition to these experiments, I had over 30 000 piglets born over 2 years and therefore have statistical data that are not easily available in the lab and this is where farmers have the ideal opportunity to do their own testing. I tested the food, the foetuses, the urine and the grains that came into the farm. To do the tests, take representing samples from the batches of food, mix them, and take 100 grams in a plastic bag of each to be tested, or 100 ml of liquids. When taking muck and urine for testing, you need patience; blood tests can be done by a vet. Send it for analyses to a lab that has the facilities to test glyphosate down to about 0.1ppb = 0.1 milligram per tonne. If tests are only detecting at above 0.1ppm = 0.1 grams per ton, it cannot show you what is in urine and muck. It costs about £30-50 for one test. Tests in oils might not be possible; you need to ask beforehand.

The results of the tests showed that with 0.06 mg/kg of glyphosate residue in the feed - much lower than the allowed 20 mg/kg - I was getting cranial and spinal deformities after 2 months of feeding (see figure 2). At 0.1 mg/kg I was also getting deformities, but not many so that one pig could alter the numbers. But, at 0.2 mg/kg the deformities start to go up. At the maximum of 2.26 mg/kg the numbers start to get very high.

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/graphics/Changing_from_GMO_to_non-GMO_soy3.gif
Figure 2 Rates of cranial and spinal deformities in pigs fed increasing levels of glyphosate in feed

I also got help from Thomas Böhn from Norway who told me to look at longer intervals. We got numbers after 6 months to see an accumulative effect. The story is exactly the same. There is a very clear difference between low and high levels of glyphosate. We also looked at the numbers of pigs born, which was significantly less after eating food with higher levels of glyphosate (see figure 3) with a significant difference of 1 less pig born per sow between low levels of glyphosate in feed accumulative intake over a 35 days period (<3 mg/kg body weight) and high levels (3-9 mg/kg body weight), consumed just in the last 5 weeks of pregnancy. So we have less born as well as the odd ones that are deformed.

In short, the differences we saw with having 5 times difference in glyphosate levels from 0.2 to 1 part per million (ppm) was a 5 times increase in cranial and spinal deformities at birth, as well as 5 times more abortions as well as 0.95 less piglets born per litter.

Glyphosate has known toxicities down to extremely low concentrations

We can also relate the actual levels of glyphosate in feed to the level in the urine. So for

1 132 ppb (or 1.13 ppm), there is 44 ppb (~ 4 %) in the urine and 246.33 ppb (~22 %) in dung. When I tested my own urine, I found that I had 2.58 ppb and that is not from eating GM contaminated feed but from eating normal food from the Danish shops. This is already at the level of higher rates of abortions and deformities and probably also fertility problems. Is this why in the Western world we have a very big problem with fertility (see [9] Glyphosate/Roundup and Human Male Infertility (http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Glyphosate_Roundup_and_Human_Male_Infertility.php) , SiS 62)? And at 1000 ppb, glyphosate is patented by Monsanto as an antibiotic, actually killing the beneficial microorganisms. At 0.1 ppb (less than 1/25 the level measured in my urine) Roundup caused tumours in 80% of rats compared to 20 % in the controls [10], which only developed them at 700 days. To have that high level of glyphosate in my urine, I must have consumed at the level of about 0.2ppm or 2000 times more than the test rats. So what does that mean for the rates of cancer (see [11] Glyphosate and Cancer, (http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Glyphosate_and_Cancer.php) SiS 62)?

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/graphics/Changing_from_GMO_to_non-GMO_soy4.gif
Figure 3 Rates of liveborn per sow after consuming low and high levels of glyphosate in feed in last 5 weeks of pregnancy; the amount of glyphosate is the total summed over the last 5 weeks

I have a short film about how it is to be a farmer, I always feel very bad about my pigs getting ill so I leave the film for people to see. These same things must be happening in Chinese farms also, as they are using the same feed as I used to. Even non-GM soya contains glyphosate and we as farmers need to demand that it is not sprayed down with glyphosate because it can affect people as well as pigs.

To Conclude

Any farmer who switches away from GMOs and Roundup will experience improved health in their herd and crops. What I have seen in my pigs, knowing about the scientific studies on malformations due to the chemical Roundup and the fact that 1/80 people in certain towns in Argentina have the same defects after being exposed to the chemical and the fact that I know of 14 Danish people born with deformities of the same type makes me wonder what we are doing. And it scares me. A farmer’s task is to provide nutritious and healthy food for consumers, GMOs and Roundup provide neither. Thinking about DDT and how we thought that was healthy , that should reminds us that we cannot ignore the warning signs for glyphosate.

References

Ho MW. GM soya fed rats: stunted, dead or sterile. Science in Society 33, 4-6, 2007.
Ho MW. Lab study establishes glyphosate link to birth defects. Science in Society 48, 32-33, 2010.
Antoniou M. Habib MEM, Howard CV, Jennings RC, Leifert C, Nodari RO, Robinson CJ and Fagan J. Teratogenic effects of glyphosate-based herbicides: divergence of regulatory decisions from scientific evidence. J Environ Anal Toxicol 2012, S4, 006, doi:10,4172/2161-0525.S4-006. http://omicsonline.org/teratogenic-effects-of-glyphosate-based-herbicides-divergence-of-regulatory-decisions-from-scientific-evidence-2161-0525.S4-006.php?aid=7453
Anencephaly Investigation, Washington State Department of Health, accessed 5 September 2014, http://www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily/IllnessandDisease/BirthDefects/AnencephalyInvestigation
“Birth defects, cancer in Argentina linked to agrochemicals: AP investigation”, Michael Warren and Natacha Pisarenko, The associated Press, 20 October 2013, http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/birth-defects-cancer-in-argentina-linked-to-agrochemicals-ap-investigation-1.1505096
Robinson C. Argentina’s Roundup human tragedy. Science in Society 48, 30-31, 2010.
Lajmanovich RC, Sandoval MT, Peltzer PM. Induction of mortality and malformation in Scinax nasicus tadpoles exposed to glyphosate formulations. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 2003, 70, 612-18.
Dallegrave E, Mantese FD, Coelho RS, Pereira JD, Dalsenter PR, et al. The teratogenic potential of the herbicide glyphosate-Roundup in Wistar rats. Toxicol Lett 2003, 142, 45-52.
Krüger M, Schrödl W, Pedersen I and Shehata AA. Detection of glyphosate in malformed piglets. J Eviron Anal Toxicol 2014, 4, 1000230, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-0525.1000230
Ho MW. Glyphosate/Roundup & human male infertility. Science in Society 62, 14-17, 2014.
Sôralini G-E. Clair E, Mesnage R, Gress S, Defarge N, Malatesta M, Hennequin D and de Vendômois JS. Republished study: long-term toxicity of a Rounup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize. Environmental Sciences Europe 2014, 26, 14, doi:10.1186/s12302-014-0014-5, http://www.enveurope.com/content/26/1/14
Ho MW. Glyphosate and cancer. Science in Society 62, 12-14, 2014.

LightHouse89
09-21-2014, 01:52 AM
pro organic. never eat food with chemicals in it grown in china.

Prisoner Of Ice
09-21-2014, 02:01 AM
You need to look up what a genetically modified organism is. Contrary to popular belief, being 'pro-GMO' is not the equivalent of being 'pro-Monsanto', or whatever the hell it is people like to frame the argument as.

The only thing worse than being a champion of conformity (and seeing the value in GMOs doesn't automatically make someone one) is the kind of intellectually dishonest, almost mechanical reflex of self-proclaimed nonconformists already making up their minds before any real objective look at what passes in rational minds as evidence.

Just shows you don't know what you are talking about. All GMO has really done is help one company to get a monopoly and to sell roundup.

Genetic modification of old varieties also stifles the development of new ones, which is where all the real improvement in yield and quality come from.

GMO wheat stimulates the glial gland and causes hunger. It contains proteins not found in nature that were never tested on humans or even animals. There was even a case where GMO grass used for cattle produced cyanide gas in drought conditions due to their weird chemical makeup and killed 2000 head of cattle.

Now shut your hole you ignorant fuck.

Stanley
09-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Search for a bit. Not hard.
Published on September 10, 2014. Results obtained after changing from GMO to non-GMO Soy in Denmark.

It's not hard to find something saying GMOs are universally bad from a disreputable source with an anti-GMO agenda, no. Finding objective evidence from a scientifically sound, peer-reviewed study might prove more difficult.

This 'Institute of Science in Society' site looks rather unscientific. They have a whole section of bogus studies on the alleged negative effects of vaccines. Tells you all you need to know. But if that weren't enough:

The Institute of Science in Society purports to be about promoting a socially responsible approach to science. It combines some reasonable stuff about global warming with a lot of utter rubbish about homeopathy (mainly written by the Institute’s director, Dr Mae-Wan Ho).

(This item has been transferred from the old IMPROBABLE SCIENCE page.)

I just stumbled across this organisation. At first sight, its theme of “science, society and sustainability” sounded right up my street. It seems to be predominantly an anti-GM, pro-organic farming, organisation. Although some of their contributors seem to be somewhat paranoid, there is much that I can agree with in what they say about that.

But they completely ruin their case by including quite barmy homilies about homeopathy (and here), water structure and traditional chinese medicine. There is also an amazing piece of sheer pseudo-scientific nonsense, “Homeopathic Medicine is Nanopharmacology” by Dana Ullman (though elsewhere on the site, nanotechnology gets a bad press).

Most of the nutty content seems to be written by the director of the Institute herself. Dr Mae-Wan Ho, who is listed as “Reader in Biology at the Open University” (that’s odd -no trace of her on the Open University web site). In fact some doubts have been cast on her biography. Wikipedia says “She is former head of the Bio-Electrodynamics laboratory at the Open University in Milton Keynes after either having been fired for incompetence or resigning because of personal reasons.” Whatever the truth in that may be, she clearly doesn’t understand homeopathy.

The board of directors of the Institute includes Zac Goldsmith (editor of The Ecologist) and it is advised by some apparently respectable scientists.

It is sad that an organisation with a respectable sounding title like the Institute of Science in Society is being used to propagate some pure pseudo-scientific gobblydegook. Is it any wonder that journalists and the general public get confused?
http://www.dcscience.net/?p=129

Just shows you don't know what you are talking about. All GMO has really done is help one company to get a monopoly and to sell roundup.

Genetic modification of old varieties also stifles the development of new ones, which is where all the real improvement in yield and quality come from.

GMO wheat stimulates the glial gland and causes hunger. It contains proteins not found in nature that were never tested on humans or even animals. There was even a case where GMO grass used for cattle produced cyanide gas in drought conditions due to their weird chemical makeup and killed 2000 head of cattle.

Now shut your hole you ignorant fuck.

Look who's talking. But hey, since you understand everything, why aren't you out solving all the world's problems instead of trying to educate dumbfucks like me on the internet? It's a shame humanity has someone who knows more than all the world's experts combined and we won't ever be good enough for him.
But nah, I understand online forums are the only place you get to be a know-it-all, outside your own oversized head.

Oneeye
09-21-2014, 02:45 AM
The hell? Men shouldn't eat soy.

Ars Moriendi
09-21-2014, 02:46 AM
It's not hard to find something saying GMOs are bad from a disreputable source with an anti-GMO agenda, no. Finding objective evidence from a scientifically sound, peer-reviewed study might prove more difficult.

This 'Institute of Science in Society' site looks rather unscientific. They have a whole section of bogus studies on the alleged negative effects of vaccines. Tells you all you need to know. But if that weren't enough:

The Institute seems to simply an umbrella term for different contributors, not really a cohesive organization. I personally haven't given any thought to homeopathy.

The study I linked wasn't written by any of the people your quote links, it is entirely the work of Ib Borup Pederson, who is a landowner himself and who basically tells the story of his own experience over the course of the last 3 years.

I'm not saying this is the ultimate thing ever done regarding GMOs, no, but it seems like a very credible event, seeing how recent it is, and how open Scandinavian farming really is. Of course, it might be my own bias, I also have land and although do not deal personally with cattle problems, I tend to respect the point of view of people in the trade.

I welcome any critiques on the article, but I'd invite you to do them over the content of the article itself, rather than just the placeholder website that hosted his results. It is relevant yes, but not essential since as I said, the whole "Institute" is rather a collection of different contributors with different interests, backgrounds and points of view.

LightHouse89
09-21-2014, 02:47 AM
The hell? Men shouldn't eat soy.

soy is terrible for a man's health LOL. Well it wouldnt be a surprise women are trying to force men to eat it because it will make us grow vaginas and boobs.

Longbowman
09-21-2014, 03:52 PM
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/comprehensive-study-100-billion-animals-finds-gmos-safe-livestock

portusaus
09-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Your belief GMO causes cancer has no evidence. GM crops feed the starving. Organic food is just a scam. Besides, it's not like wheat is as it was naturally, or cows evolved without human assistance; nearly all 'organic' food has been artificially selected - or genetically modified - by man. Just because it happened a while ago doesn't mean it isn't true.

New age hippies are retarding human development.

This is the most retarded thing I have read in weeks, and I just left a RussiaPrussia thread. I can't believe you're serious. If there was any sanity left in this world you would be in prison, dirty kike.

Genetic modification is not done to 'improve' the quality of food- it is done because the resulting abomination can be patented and the corporation that patents it will have the exclusive rights to grow or sell the seeds of that crop. Monsanto in particular is trying to monopolize food production starting in the US and then elsewhere, and rapidly succeeding because they are in cohorts with the federal government.

Genetic modification is not artificial selection, i.e. the plums from this plant are sweeter so I will breed this one, they take a particle gun and blast foreign genes from bacterium etc. in order to change the properties and create an abominate organism that can survive heavy doses of a potent pesticide sprayed directly on the plant which will soon be in a child's breakfast cereal. This is one of many examples.

In the only safety test (which passed) conducted on high fructose corn syrup sourced from Monsanto's genetically modified Roundup Ready Maize (which is soaked in the brutal pesticide Roundup), the rats developed tumors so large that they could not move. Claiming that eating genetically modified food sources is 'safe' rather than essentially attempted suicide is baseless and very, very suspiscious.

The misinformation being presented to crucial audiences on this forum infuriates me.. my hands are shaking. Even if you are genuinely stupid and not some sort of creepy shill, fuck you.

portusaus
09-21-2014, 04:17 PM
GMO food is the future of mankind and a possitive thing as long as it is kept far away from greedy capitalists (the state and scientific institutions should have a monopoly on it)
Until GMOF technology is made fully safe and out of the controll of heartless corporations, I'd stay with organic.

It is extremely dangerous, the products of genetic engineering cannot be considered food.

It is not at all safe and is fully in the control of heartless corporations, the whole point is to bring power into their hands. They know their "food" is poison, they're just after money and power, they don't care.

Kamal900
09-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Im pro-organic because my paternal grand father was a farmer, and really, eating freshly grown food taste better than GMOs.

portusaus
09-21-2014, 04:21 PM
So I am curious how many of you guys support organic food and those who support Gmos? I have become tired of there genetically modified food in the United States and poor subsidized crap like soy oil, canola, corn, refined bleach , etc. I have changed my diet to only eat grass fed beef , free range chicken, organic veggies and soon going to start juicing on only organic veggies, I believe GMOs are a large reason we have issues with cancer, and the subsidized high fructose corn syrup is causing diabetes and obesity,

I only thumbed down because you made it a question. You should have just made a post warning people about what this garbage could do to them or their loved ones.

Ingesting foreign genes is among the most dangerous possible things that one could do, more dangerous than shooting oneself in the brain, because it could potentially modify the genome of the consumer ruining their composition permanently and rendering them an inhuman monstrosity that needs to be quarantines like a zombie. Their children and their children etc. would have essentially miscegenated with microorganisms.

Longbowman
09-21-2014, 04:32 PM
This is the most retarded thing I have read in weeks, and I just left a RussiaPrussia thread. I can't believe you're serious. If there was any sanity left in this world you would be in prison, dirty kike.

Genetic modification is not done to 'improve' the quality of food- it is done because the resulting abomination can be patented and the corporation that patents it will have the exclusive rights to grow or sell the seeds of that crop. Monsanto in particular is trying to monopolize food production starting in the US and then elsewhere, and rapidly succeeding because they are in cohorts with the federal government.

Genetic modification is not artificial selection, i.e. the plums from this plant are sweeter so I will breed this one, they take a particle gun and blast foreign genes from bacterium etc. in order to change the properties and create an abominate organism that can survive heavy doses of a potent pesticide sprayed directly on the plant which will soon be in a child's breakfast cereal. This is one of many examples.

In the only safety test (which passed) conducted on high fructose corn syrup sourced from Monsanto's genetically modified Roundup Ready Maize (which is soaked in the brutal pesticide Roundup), the rats developed tumors so large that they could not move. Claiming that eating genetically modified food sources is 'safe' rather than essentially attempted suicide is baseless and very, very suspiscious.

The misinformation being presented to crucial audiences on this forum infuriates me.. my hands are shaking. Even if you are genuinely stupid and not some sort of creepy shill, fuck you.

I could probably just ban you for the personal attacks in this but I'm going to leave it standing as a testament to your various delusions.

Feel free to post some surveys instead of just writing things. Also, Monsanto =/= all GMO. Furthermore I posted a link to an article about a recent study that dismisses all this. If it's unsatisfactory I could post more. But let's move on from your beliefs about GMO to your personality. A little ad hominem in response to your ad hominem.

First, the fact that you're so wrapped up in your racism, self-importance, pot-smoking and cynical worldview that my disagreeing with you made your hands shake does not count as an argument. Others have written that your horrendous personal attacks and written assaults to humanity have hurt them deeply and you brush it off, in many cases denying their very humanity on the basis of the poorly-interpreted racial understanding that you extol.

You are the worst person on this site. You're doubtless not a troll, and even if you were, there are worst/more visible trolls, but they're not terrible people in the way you are. There is very little good about you, which is a shame, because you're not stupid, disabled, weak or otherwise. There's nothing wrong with you, yet you have allowed yourself to be corrupted. You have twisted yourself into a shadowy, haunting caricature of a human being and it honestly haunts me, because you could have been so much more. You're so paranoid (too much weed, bro?) you actually asked us (and we, including myself, complied) to delete your posted ancestry DNA results, because you weren't satisfied with those results and you didn't want them used against you. So you're not even an honest bigot. Either you don't think you fit into the Aryan anti-government quasi-libertarian uebermensch crowd you've imagined, or you don't believe said crowd would accept you as one of their own due to said untermensch DNA results. Yet you remain in suburban Massachusetts fighting only to preserve your vision of European identity, and woe betide anyone who thinks even slightly differently, whilst hypocritically condemning those who condemn your own perverted train of thought.

I also note you've deleted your information and pictures, but remain on this board. Protip: Mossad and the FBI have more on their hands than internet warriors who jerk off to Hitler.

Your insignificance is fortunate because if there were a lot of you, the West would crumble into the sea.

TL;DR: if you're going to be an idiot, be a civil idiot. Maybe tattoo this on your hand for future reference.

portusaus
09-21-2014, 04:37 PM
I could probably just ban you for the personal attacks in this but I'm going to leave it standing as a testament to your various delusions.

Feel free to post some surveys instead of just writing things. Also, Monsanto =/= all GMO. Furthermore I posted a link to an article about a recent study that dismisses all this. If it's unsatisfactory I could post more. But let's move on from your beliefs about GMO to your personality. A little ad hominem in response to your ad hominem.

First, the fact that you're so wrapped up in your racism, self-importance, pot-smoking and cynical worldview that my disagreeing with you made your hands shake does not count as an argument. Others have written that your horrendous personal attacks and written assaults to humanity have hurt them deeply and you brush it off, in many cases denying their very humanity on the basis of the poorly-interpreted racial understanding that you extol.

You are the worst person on this site. You're doubtless not a troll, and even if you were, there are worst/more visible trolls, but they're not terrible people in the way you are. There is very little good about you, which is a shame, because you're not stupid, disabled, weak or otherwise. There's nothing wrong with you, yet you have allowed yourself to be corrupted. You have twisted yourself into a shadowy, haunting caricature of a human being and it honestly haunts me, because you could have been so much more. You're so paranoid (too much weed, bro?) you actually asked us (and we, including myself, complied) to delete your posted ancestry DNA results, because you weren't satisfied with those results and you didn't want them used against you. So you're not even an honest bigot. Either you don't think you fit into the Aryan anti-government quasi-libertarian uebermensch crowd you've imagined, or you don't believe said crowd would accept you as one of their own due to said untermensch DNA results. Yet you remain in suburban Massachusetts fighting only to preserve your vision of European identity, and woe betide anyone who thinks even slightly differently, whilst hypocritically condemning those who condemn your own perverted train of thought.

I also note you've deleted your information and pictures, but remain on this board. Protip: Mossad and the FBI have more on their hands than internet warriors who jerk off to Hitler.

Your insignificance is fortunate because if there were a lot of you, the West would crumble into the sea.

I am no Masshole.

Longbowman
09-21-2014, 04:39 PM
I am no Masshole.

Pardon my ignorance. I suppose I could IP check but I'm sure you're using some kind of proxy server anyway. Also I don't care.

Anyhow replace Massachusetts with whichever state you do inhabit. I recall New England so Massachusetts was a pretty good statistical bet, but I stand corrected.

Oneeye
09-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Carbon compounds 4lyfe bitches

Prisoner Of Ice
09-21-2014, 08:56 PM

In nature 99% of natural selection is weeding out harmful mutations. In the wild, all of the 'artificially selected' traits for various crop plants already exist, they just are not combined all together in one. In some cases, we have even found that positive features good for health have been accidentally selected out by man, but remain in the wild version like with Durham wheat. More than that though we can be sure that NEGATIVE things that cause bad health to animals who eat it will be weeded out vigorously. It is absolutely NOT the same to look at man-selected traits and compare that to absolute randomness, because all the truly random mutations that are harmful, or may even lead to progeny mutating into harmful states, don't exist in nature.

Any fruit or plant that is edible to humans never produces harmful variants. Which is amazing when you think about it. The only exception is some rather recently domesticated fruits which were originally poisonous and have been intentionally bred into edibleness (but which are perfectly safe for birds in all circumstances).

Prisoner Of Ice
09-21-2014, 08:59 PM
It just astounds me a lot of people support GMO. I guess it's probably largely people who generally support the 'orthodoxy'. I think they have too much of an attitude that whatever the government or media says is probably correct. They are stuck in a learning paradigm instead of a critical thinking paradigm.

Plus of course, they usually seem largely ignorant. I guess if you only have a surface knowledge and listen to the dow and monsanto employees who flood the web with propaganda and don't look too closely then that is the conclusion you would draw.

Myth
09-23-2014, 02:11 AM
I only thumbed down because you made it a question. You should have just made a post warning people about what this garbage could do to them or their loved ones.

Ingesting foreign genes is among the most dangerous possible things that one could do, more dangerous than shooting oneself in the brain, because it could potentially modify the genome of the consumer ruining their composition permanently and rendering them an inhuman monstrosity that needs to be quarantines like a zombie. Their children and their children etc. would have essentially miscegenated with microorganisms.

More like you down voted me because you hate Jews, you stalk me in all my posts and downvote me, you wouldn't care if I was pro gun, pro constitution or pro white, you've already made that clear and I already stated I felt GMOs and subsidized products were known to cause problems and subsidized products were linked to cancer and diabetes. IMO you probably wouldn't care if I were forced to eat GMOs because you have a agenda.

I don't care about your opinion. Everyone else's is fine.