PDA

View Full Version : Mind's Defilements

arcticwolf
08-09-2014, 10:52 PM
These three defilments are the base for all others. They have vulgar and subtle manifestations. They cloud perception of reality, boost ego, and are the source of all evil man does. Without further ado:

Delusion/Ignorance - Mental darkness, misunderstanding of reality.

Greed - self centered desire for pleasure, possessions, the urge to bolster the sense of ego with power, status, prestige etc.

Hatred - the response of negation expressed as rejection, irritation, aversion, anger, enmity, violence etc.

Defilements are stratified into 3 layers, the stage of latent tendency, the stage of manifestation, and the state of transgression.

The worst of them is ignorane, it gives birth to greed, and hate. You can say all other defilments come from mental darkness.

Ignorance is an insidious, and volatile mental factor incessantly at work inserting itself into every compartment of our inner life. It distorts cognition, dominates volition, and determines the entire tone of our existence.

Discuss.

Veneda
08-09-2014, 10:56 PM
^ A tak ogólnie, ty się dobrze czujesz?

arcticwolf
08-09-2014, 11:23 PM
^ A tak ogólnie, ty się dobrze czujesz?

Hahaha

Veneda znasz to nasze stare powiedzenie "Jeszcze tak nie bylo zeby jakos nie bylo"? Odzwierciedla perfekcyjnie stan mej duszy! :laugh:

Veneda
08-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Hahaha

Veneda znasz to nasze stare powiedzenie "Jeszcze tak nie bylo zeby jakos nie bylo"? Odzwierciedla perfekcyjnie stan mej duszy! :laugh:
Dobrze wiedzieć że tak jest, bo czytając to chcesz przekazać nie-polskim/nie-słowiańskim ludziom po angielsku, miałam wrażenie, że z lekka, rozmijasz się trochę z rzeczywistością :D

arcticwolf
08-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Dobrze wiedzieć że tak jest, bo czytając to chcesz przekazać nie-polskim/nie-słowiańskim ludziom po angielsku, miałam wrażenie, że z lekka, rozmijasz się trochę z rzeczywistością :D

Wcale by mnie to nie zdziwilo jezeli chodzi o mnie. :laugh: Co do nich, to nie mam zadnych zludzen! :P

Veneda
08-09-2014, 11:54 PM
^ Nevermind, maybe my mind and my soul look to be complicated, but I love all Poles and all Slavs/non-Slavs who I can rely on :)

arcticwolf
08-21-2014, 02:58 AM
No thoughts?

Am I the only one suffering from Dellusion, everybody else on here is enlightened already? Damn! :laugh:

Dictator
08-21-2014, 02:59 AM
I must be very defiled.

arcticwolf
08-21-2014, 03:05 AM
I must be very defiled.

Everybody is, few know it, even less admit it. Well, you can't correct what's wrong with the mind if you don't see/understand it.

Each journey starts with a single step. It's up to you.

Dictator
08-21-2014, 03:06 AM
Everybody is, few know it, even less admit it. Well, you can't correct what's wrong with the mind if you don't see/understand it.

Each journey starts with a single step. It's up to you.

Greed and Hatred.
2 out of 3.

And I don't even want to change, jeez.

arcticwolf
08-21-2014, 04:22 AM
Greed and Hatred.
2 out of 3.

And I don't even want to change, jeez.

Do not forget delusion, without it greed, and hate cannot exist. :laugh:

I don't wanna dump too much on you all at once, but the most insidious forms of delussion, greed, and hatred are sublime, finesse, and are considered generally sophistication, refined taste, goodness etc. I don't think this is the right time to discuss those just yet. :thumb001: