PDA

View Full Version : What Exactly Defines North-Atlantid/Atlantid

Awesomedy
08-11-2014, 04:27 AM
Same as my other thread as Keltic-Nordid, What are the Characteristics and what Ethnicitys?

Guapo
08-11-2014, 04:29 AM
north french/Brits

Smeagol
08-11-2014, 05:31 AM
It doesn't really exist.

FeederOfRavens
08-11-2014, 05:35 AM
It doesn't really exist.

Yeah, most are just Keltic nordics

Smeagol
08-11-2014, 05:37 AM
Yeah, most are just Keltic nordics

Yeah, I have seen plenty of Keltic types classified as "Atlantid" just because they can have darker hair on average than other "Nordid" variants. I've even seen a blonde haired, blue eyed Skandonordid classified as "Atlantid".

Belenus
08-11-2014, 11:16 AM
It does exist, but some people are probably too loose in classifying people with this phenotype. The Keltic-Nordid type has a sloping brow and long nose, which is not really an Atlantid trait. The Atlantids predated and intermingled with the Celts in western Europe. You can probably see both phenotypes in one person a lot of the time due to millennia of intermixing, but there are still enough differences to separate them. I think I'm fairly representative of modern Atlantids. I'd place myself in the middle between Atlantomediterranids and North-Atlantids. I could never be mistaken for a Keltic-Nordid, I assure you. See this thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?44128-(Re-)Classify-me) for examples of my appearance.

Amud
08-11-2014, 04:34 PM
I've even seen a blonde haired, blue eyed Skandonordid classified as "Atlantid".

This is the norm here. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen someone classified as "Hallstat Nordid" or the like. You could post a hyper-leptomorphic dolichocephalic person with bright blue eyes and bordernline albino pigmentation and the people here will, with no hesitation, say "Atlantid + CM". Try it.

armenianbodyhair
08-11-2014, 04:39 PM
This is the norm here. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen someone classified as "Hallstat Nordid" or the like. You could post a hyper-leptomorphic dolichocephalic person with bright blue eyes and bordernline albino pigmentation and the people here will, with no hesitation, say "Atlantid + CM". Try it.

A lot of people have been classified as Hallstatt.

Peikko
08-11-2014, 04:40 PM
There is a clear difference between Atlantid/N.Atlantid and Halstatt Nordic. You rarely see anyone classified as Halstatt, because there are very few Scandinavians here.

Neanderthal
08-11-2014, 04:53 PM
There is no such thing as Atlantid. Full stop. North-Atlantid does exist, and it's nothing but a morphologically Nordoid type with Mediterranid admixture. Typically of mixed pigmentation and light eyes.

Dombra
08-11-2014, 05:05 PM
N. Atlantids are actually fine specimen but proper Atlantids are beta and prone to fanboyism

Awesomedy
08-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I have seen plenty of Keltic types classified as "Atlantid" just because they can have darker hair on average than other "Nordid" variants. I've even seen a blonde haired, blue eyed Skandonordid classified as "Atlantid".

It does exist, but some people are probably too loose in classifying people with this phenotype. The Keltic-Nordid type has a sloping brow and long nose, which is not really an Atlantid trait. The Atlantids predated and intermingled with the Celts in western Europe. You can probably see both phenotypes in one person a lot of the time due to millennia of intermixing, but there are still enough differences to separate them. I think I'm fairly representative of modern Atlantids. I'd place myself in the middle between Atlantomediterranids and North-Atlantids. I could never be mistaken for a Keltic-Nordid, I assure you. See this thread for examples of my appearance.

There is no such thing as Atlantid. Full stop. North-Atlantid does exist, and it's nothing but a morphologically Nordoid type with Mediterranid admixture. Typically of mixed pigmentation and light eyes.

N. Atlantids are actually fine specimen but proper Atlantids are beta and prone to fanboyism

Why are they called North?

Bobby Martnen
11-14-2017, 07:08 AM
Why are they called North?

Because they are more northern than regular Atlantids (mostly French and N. Spanish). North Atlantid is the typical Old Stock Anglo-American type