PDA

View Full Version : What video game systems do you own?

Stegura
03-01-2010, 06:33 AM
What video game systems do you own?

Hrimskegg
03-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Nintendo DSi!

Majar
03-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Right now I have PS2 and a Gameboy Color, but in the past I've owned just about every game system ever made. I'm a total nerd. :propeller::nerd:

Beorn
03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I have a Wii and a Playstation 2. I play Nintendo 64 on my PC along with other consoles like the NES, SNES, etc...

Lars
03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Is a Commodore 64 a gamesystem? It's the only computer I've owned other than pc.

Cato
03-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Currently, the last gen systems: Gamecube, PS2 (slim) and an XBOX. Also, a PS3 (slim).

Tabiti
03-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Before more than 10 years I had Playstation and Game Boy. After that I've only used PC for the purpose.

Bard
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
I've an xbox360, an old gameboy, a ps1 (broken) and I've sold my ps2.
Btw I've recently bought a new pc so my 360 is not being used very often.

Liffrea
03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Used to own an X Box 360 but I’ve never really developed an interest for video games, I would rather play chess against someone or a table top wargame. As it is I have a chess programme on my PC.

Cail
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
PC>>>>>>all, consoles suck :P.

Electronic God-Man
03-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I have an NES, SNES, and PS3. I sold my Playstation and PS2.

Honestly, my SNES is still the best.

Äike
03-01-2010, 04:08 PM
I own a Nintendo 64 and a XBOX 360, but I haven't used them in a while. I have also owned a Playstation and a PSP.

Falkata
03-01-2010, 04:30 PM
The most recent ones are Ps2 and Nintendo DS. I´ve used to play more in the past, i have too a N64, Dreamcast, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance,SNES and NES.
The best one was the SNES, without any doubt. Nowadays most of the games are boring shooter clones of marines and shit

Beorn
03-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Seems to be a lot of Nintendo owners or previous owners of Nintendo consoles. The telly in my house is often to occupied to run the console I do currently have, so I like to use an emulator and roms.

Emulator-Zone (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/project64.html)

Playing Zelda with PC graphics is a lot better too ;)

Falkata
03-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I´ve really loved Ocarina of Time of N64 and A Link to the past of Snes
Right now I´m playing Zelda Spirit Tracks in the DS,it´s very good but it´s not the same

fucking epic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx_GossODwg

DeusEx
03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
And what about PC game platform ?

Peachy Carnahan
03-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I own a NERDEX P67....and am playing "kick his fucking brains out streetkickboxer III" at the moment.

Stegura
03-02-2010, 04:24 AM
I own the original Gameboy. Yes, long before the Game Boy Color, Super Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, and Gameboy DS, there was the orignal grey colored black and white model. That's the one I have.

I own a Game Gear. Sure it might have had games in color but most of them sucked anyways. The dang thing would also drain 6 AA batteries in under three hours.

I once owned the Virtual Boy. I never paid $200 for it though. I purchased it at Kaybee Toy Stores a few weeks after it flopped for $25 :D It was one of the biggest commercial failures in video game history. Nintendo marketed it as a portable gaming system, but ha! You could barely find a way to play that worthless piece of shit in your own house, let alone while traveling in a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyVAp0tOk5A

I own a Playstation 2. I'll have to say that I never really got that into the device when compared to Ninentdo consoles. I had a few Lord of the Rings games and a few Grand Theft Auto games, but I mainly used the system for sports games like Madden/NCAA Football for example.

I own a Super NES!! Probably my favorite system of the lot. I actually have to blow on most N64 games to get them to work but I;ve never had that problem with SNES games. It's aged very well and I still play it alot.

Some of my favorite games.

Super Mario World/All Stars, Super Mario Kart (This was definitely the most challenging of the series), Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Super Mario PRG, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Metroid, Tetris Attack, Yoshi's Island, Kirby's Super Star, Super Street Fighter 2, Tecmo Super Bowl. There's lots more but thats all I can think of now.

I own the Nintendo 64.

It was soooooooo revolutionary when it first came out!! To this day, I still think that Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are the two best games ever made!!

I also enjoyed Goldeneye (Best first person shooter/multiplayer game ever!!), Perfect Dark (The game wasn't too impressive, but the multiplayer mode rocked), Mario Kart 64 (The funnest to play in the series, but it was way too easy), NFL Blitz, Star Fox 64 (It came with a built in vibrator called the rumble pack), Banjo-Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Turok, Diddy Kong Racing, among others.

My most recent purchase was the Wii

Just own a few basic games like Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Twilight Princess, and Guitar Hero. Don't really play the system much anymore.

I'd have to say one of my biggest regrets in life was throwing away my old 8 bit NES. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

It was barely functional and you'd have to blow on the games to get them to work. Outside of purchasing one used on Ebay there's really no other way to find a NES or any NES games.

It would be great if there was a local video game store that specialized in 8 bit gaming. I'd love to get some of my old NES games back.

Unfortunately, the local Game Stop doesn't sell anything from the pre Nintendo Gamecube/Playstation 2 era. :(

Stegura
03-02-2010, 04:40 AM
I´ve really loved Ocarina of Time of N64 and A Link to the past of Snes
Right now I´m playing Zelda Spirit Tracks in the DS,it´s very good but it´s not the same

Ocarina of Time was a masterpiece. When it first came out I remember playing the game for hours and hours at a time. Like all Zelda games it was just so damn epic and hard to put down. I'd always lose track of time when playing those games.

Haven't played it in nearly 5 years. I'm going to have to pop it in to my N64 and beat it again one of these days.

I had big hopes for Majora's Mask. But that was a huge disapointment. It only had 4 dungeons compared to the 10 Ocarina had. Majora's Mask was so much smaller. I also hated that damn 3 day cycle and limited save points, that made the game alot less playable then the others.

I never played the Wind Waker since I didn't own a Gamecube.

Twilight Princess was awesome. Not as good as Ocarina, but still a great game. I liked Twilight Princess because it had the same style of play as Ocarina of Time.

A youtube for the Zelda nerds!!! :thumb001:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHIP9UtkQDQ

fucking epic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx_GossODwg

My favorite is Zeldas Lullaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EarfJqv-vSg

Stefan
03-02-2010, 07:24 AM
I had big hopes for Majora's Mask. But that was a huge disapointment. It only had 4 dungeons compared to the 10 Ocarina had. Majora's Mask was so much smaller. I also hated that damn 3 day cycle and limited save points, that made the game alot less playable then the others.

While all of your points are valid, I have to say that Majora's Mask was just meant to be different. Majora's Mask was meant for extended gameplay with all of the side quests and mask collecting to do, and even more so, Majora's Mask was heavily atmosphere focused. Ocarina was more of a transition of A Link to the Past to 3D, and a good one at that, but it didn't have much of a distinctive atmosphere when in relation to A Link to the Past, which it didn't need considering the length between the releases and the different structure of their respective consoles. Majora's Mask on the other hand, was a complement to Ocarina of Time, while it didn't have the most dungeons, it had some of the most detailed. So they are quite different. Personally, Majora's Mask is more for my taste since I like a lot of atmosphere in my Action-Adventure games and I like A Link to the Past much more than Ocarina of Time anyway. It is at the top of the list with A Link to the Past as equivalently good, but of course different.

Also this is always a good read.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2008/05/the-message-of-majoras-mask.php#28

Twilight Princess was awesome. Not as good as Ocarina, but still a great game. I liked Twilight Princess because it had the same style of play as Ocarina of Time.

I agree with this. The only gripe I had with Twilight Princess was the frequency of interaction with the world itself. The dungeons were amazingly great, and some were excellently integrated, *thinks of Snowpeak ruins and the yetis* There just needs to be more stuff in that big world, either they be side quests, or just anything interesting. I have high expectations for Zelda Wii, which should be out by Winter or early next year.

Edit: Now I have the urge to play a Zelda game :D, but don't have time for that :(.

Svarog
03-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Got like 10 years old or so Play Station, did not turn it on since i bought it I think nor i plan or getting something else :P

Baron Samedi
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Everyone knows that the Xbox360 is the superior console.

Anyone that denies this is obviously a homosexual.....

W. R.
03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
And where is the option "None"? I'd like to vote too. :p

Liffrea
03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I told a lie, I am quite addicted to the PC game Silent Hunter 111 in which one plays the commander of a WW2 German U Boat, Das Boot (great film). It’s actually pretty tricky to play and you can play it in real time….I’ve been sailing through the North Sea for a week now ready to break out through the Orkneys with nothing but sea, sky and seagull shit to look at…..and my crew are filthy, smelly bastards as well, ever farted in a submarine?

Birka
03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
None!

Falkata
03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Everyone knows that the Xbox360 is the superior console.

Anyone that denies this is obviously a homosexual.....

It´s the console with the lowest quality ever, the 3 red lights are already a classic :D The life expectancy of the XBOX360 is an insult against the consumers imo.

Bard
03-02-2010, 06:15 PM
It´s the console with the lowest quality ever, the 3 red lights are already a classic :D The life expectancy of the XBOX360 is an insult against the consumers imo.

My 360 never gave me any problem, ps3 instead is having some serious issues in these days.
Btw I'm not a fanboy of any console, I'd like to own a ps3 too to play some ka ps3 only (like uncharted2 or gow3, omg those games rock)

Falkata
03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Xbox360-ringofdeath.jpg

A study made it in 2008 by SquareTrade concluded that the 16,4% of the Xbox360 had to go, at least once, to the technical service. It´s a huge % if we compare it with the old consoles. Have you ever met somebody with a broken SNES? :p Unless you broke it with a hammer, the old machines were almost immortal

Bard
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Xbox360-ringofdeath.jpg

A study made it in 2008 by SquareTrade concluded that the 16,4% of the Xbox360 had to go, at least once, to the technical service. It´s a huge % if we compare it with the old consoles. Have you ever met somebody with a broken SNES? :p Unless you broke it with a hammer, the old machines were almost immortal

Uhm, yes, the old machines.
My psone broke (but I used to play like 10 hours every day), my ps2 broke too (the guy who modified it was an asshole).
360s tend to break, that's true but I've bought one of the last and best models, an elite with falcon cpu.

Falkata
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Uhm, yes, the old machines.
My psone broke (but I used to play like 10 hours every day), my ps2 broke too (the guy who modified it was an asshole).
360s tend to break, that's true but I've bought one of the last and best models, an elite with falcon cpu.

lol, you modified your PS2 , so it doesnt count! :D
Anyway i was referring more to the real old ones, before the CD (snes, megadrive, nes, master system... )

Bard
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
lol, you modified your PS2 , so it doesnt count! :D
Anyway i was referring more to the real old ones, before the CD (snes, megadrive, nes, master system... )

oh yes, my megadrive still works perfectly

Elveon
03-03-2010, 01:51 AM
I played a lot on consoles when I was younger but I play now PC only: Both my sons have a PC+PSP +PS3 +XBOX 360; the cost of all this for me is very high for my budget lol

Svipdag
03-06-2010, 02:24 AM
None, though I did play "Temple of Apshai" on an Atari 32 years ago.

Grumpy Cat
03-06-2010, 02:34 AM
I had a NES and SNES back in the day.

I haven't played a video game since then, really.

Solwyn
03-06-2010, 02:38 AM
A PS3 showed up quite magically, at Yule. I know it exists in the basement but I never go down there and I never get to play it. The few times I've tried doing the Modern Warfare game that I bought to go with it were a gong show. I can power die in under ten seconds like no one can!!! :p

I think I might get Dragon Age because it looks interesting and my son thinks its gay, therefore he won't monopolize it:D

I haven't played video games, though, since 1984 on my Intellivision. I was the Bomb Squad and Burger Time queen, dude:thumb001:

Svanhild
03-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I own the original version of the Game Boy and the Super Nintendo. :wink Both are stored in the attic these days. I have four games for the Game Boy and eleven games for the SNES. My favourite ones were Yoshi's Island and Street Racer.

Nowadays I play Age of Conan on my PC. Not often, but it's fun. It's like WoW without comic graphics and without game content for kiddies, but for adults.

Turkophagos
03-06-2010, 05:30 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3130/2600jrsysrj3.jpg

Stegura
01-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Bump.

LightInDarkness
01-27-2012, 03:41 AM
Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
PSP

Want my Gamertag for PS3? PM Me!

SwordoftheVistula
01-27-2012, 05:26 AM
None.

Play some PC & online games

SaxonCeorl
01-27-2012, 05:32 AM
PS3 and Xbox 360, but I don't play them very often. Maybe one day per week or so. I do use my PS3 to watch Netflix quite often, though.

leisitox
01-27-2012, 11:46 AM
List:
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo 64
Super NES
NES
Game Boy (this includes all the upgrades, like the DS)
Virtual Boy
Xbox 360
Atari 2600
Other (3DO, Neo Geo, Phillips CD-I, etc.): NeogeoM CD-I

Humanophage
01-27-2012, 12:03 PM
http://dendy-steepler.narod.ru/stuff/junior_5.jpg
(the local equivalent of NES)

From what I've seen, console games are traditionally inferior, largely due to poor controls and the inability to see small text. No real strategies or RPGs there, for instance. Life was good when there was clear segregation between PC and consoles till about 2002.

Benacer
01-27-2012, 12:13 PM
http://dendy-steepler.narod.ru/stuff/junior_5.jpg
(the local equivalent of NES)

From what I've seen, console games are traditionally inferior, largely due to poor controls and the inability to see small text. No real strategies or RPGs there, for instance. Life was good when there was clear segregation between PC and consoles till about 2002.

I concur that PC games used to be much more developed and complex than the overly simplified, dumbed down console games in general. The ability to use mods/customize the game also counts a lot for me, as even some old games still get new content today because of good modding communities. This era of dumbed down console ports is extremely disappointing, but that may also have to do with people favoring fancy graphics over content.

Dead Eye
02-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I own a PS2,PS3 and an Xbox 360.Both my PS2 and Xbox 360 are collecting dust at the moment as i find them hard to play while theres a PS3 around.:D

In the past i've owned a Gameboy,Gameboy
Advance SP,PS1,Gamecube,PSP,PS1 and an Xbox.

Dombra
04-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, a 360 that my brother has practically stolen and a psp.
No plans on further purchases though. I have basically stopped gaming with the exceptions of Zelda and some for pc

meera
05-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Yes i have played its three times won one time and lost two times as i never had such experience in playing video game that's why the handling was really critical for me. But i found it very interesting and now i have understand most of the tricks that need to apply at different stages.

RussiaPrussia
06-12-2013, 12:47 PM
i own only n64, psp and snes right now as everything else is broke thanks to CD drives Yeah but my bro burrow me his ps3