PDA

View Full Version : Spain most popular tourist destination among Europeans

Petry
08-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Spain was the most popular travel destination among European residents, and Greeks take the longest vacations. These are among some of the key findings from the latest tourism stats out of the European Commission.

According to the recently released report “Tourism Trips of Europeans” out of the European Union, the majority of trips -- 85 percent -- by Europeans in 2012 took place within Europe, and oftentimes in a neighboring country.

The countries to buck this trend were the UK, whose top travel destination was Spain; Romania, whose top destination was Italy; and Hungary, whose residents flocked to Germany in 2012.

After Europe, the most popular outbound destinations were Asia (5 percent); Africa (4 percent); North America (4 percent) and Central and South America (2 percent).

Overall, within Europe, Spain was the most popular travel destination in terms of the number of trips, the number of nights spent and expenditure.

After Spain, the most popular destinations were France and Italy.

Meanwhile, the stats also showed that Greeks took the longest vacations in 2012, averaging 7.5 nights compared to Latvia, where residents took the shortest holiday within the EU, averaging about 3 nights.

Here are the top 10 destinations for Europeans in 2012:

1. Spain
2. France
3. Italy
4. Germany
5. Austria
6. United Kingdom
7. Croatia
8. Greece
9. Portugal
10. Poland

http://news.yahoo.com/most-popular-destination-among-europeans-091232539.html

Halona
08-20-2014, 06:19 AM
It’s a really nice sharing “Petry” about the popular travel destination of Europe.
I agree with you that Spain is the most standard area to vacation there and after this of course France and Italy are the followers.
By profession I’m a tourist guide and travelled many time these three destinations with my clients.
These ten are the trademarks of Spain so don’t forget to visit these while visiting over there.
1. Palacio Real
2. Running of the Bulls
3. La Concha
4. Aqueduct of Segovia
5. Cuenca
6. Ibiza
7. Sagrada Familia
8. El Escorial
9. Mezquita of Cordoba
10. Alhambra