PDA

View Full Version : EU to arm Kurds in Iraq

Loki
08-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Iraq crisis: Arming Kurds on EU agenda in Brussels (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28800854)

EU foreign ministers are holding an emergency meeting in Brussels on Friday to discuss plans to arm Iraq's Kurds against an extremist insurgency.

France and the US have already begun to supply weapons to the Kurds, whose Peshmerga fighters are trying to halt an advance by Islamic State militants.

On Thursday, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki resigned and conceded power to Haider al-Abadi, Iraq's deputy speaker.

Over a million Iraqis remain displaced from their homes, the UN says.

The UN has declared the situation in the country a "level three emergency", its highest level of humanitarian crisis.

A UN Security Council meeting on Friday is expected to approve a resolution threatening sanctions against any country which finances or supports IS.

mikhail
08-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Good. Hopefully soon all Kurdish territories will be liberated.

Dombra
08-15-2014, 10:15 AM
I always been neutral when it comes to Kurds but if they help bringing down the Islamists then I shall be forever pro-kurdish

Dengizik
08-15-2014, 10:22 AM
I always been neutral when it comes to Kurds but if they help bringing down the Islamists then I shall be forever pro-kurdish

kurds are worse bro. some of them worship satan

Dombra
08-15-2014, 10:29 AM

Satan worshippers? Well they are known for getting down with goats and that is the way of Satanists...

Don´t worry, I will not be splitting Turkey, only Iraq and Syria :D

silver_surfer
08-15-2014, 10:36 AM
I support arming Kurds. It may even mean the Kurds could have their own state because they've developed enough local support, an actual ability to be economically independent if they take Kirkuk and keep the pipeline, and lastly a proven ability to run what appears to be a democratic and stable country that provides aid, representation, and equal rights to non-Kurds. :thumb001:

Loki
08-15-2014, 10:55 AM

Worshipping Satan is far better than the horror crimes of Isis.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2014, 11:01 AM
This stuff won't be happening today if Iraq, Syria/Lebanon, Kurdistan, Palestine/Jordan/Israel were part of Turkey today as successor to the Ottoman empire, the whole region would've been peaceful, secular and prosperous.

mikhail
08-15-2014, 11:06 AM
This stuff won't be happening today if Iraq, Syria/Lebanon, Kurdistan, Palestine/Jordan/Israel were part of Turkey today as successor to the Ottoman empire, the whole region would've been peaceful, secular and prosperous.

Lol, as suggested by the dozens of anti-ottoman uprisings in the Middle East and the Balkans, and the countless crimes the ottoman Turks have committed against their subjects. Sorry, but turkish imperialism and genocide is still turkish imperialism and genocide. Independence is far more valuable than quality of life.

mikhail
08-15-2014, 11:07 AM

Satan>Allah

legolasbozo
08-15-2014, 11:12 AM
England and france fucked muslim territories by sykes-picott allready, they have no right to talk any shit. İf you want help those people cut ties with uae and saudi arabia royals which helps isis to expand their fanatic "wahabi" mindset. Oh wait a minute it was you allready gave them throne to exploit muslim's oil.

When barzani made a deal with Turkey about transportation of iraqi kurdistan oil, United states and europeans against that and suddenly isis attacked kurdish areas, it this a coincidence? No, bloody hypocrities.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Lol, as suggested by the dozens of anti-ottoman uprisings in the Middle East and the Balkans, and the countless crimes the ottoman Turks have committed against their subjects. Sorry, but turkish imperialism and genocide is still turkish imperialism and genocide. Independence is far more valuable than quality of life.

Yes, some minority populations of the Ottoman empire were rebellious in the latter stage of the empire's existence but, you have to remember that they have lived together with Turks for centuries in peace.

Yes, independence might be more valuable than quality of life but, Kurds and Arabs have neither really, they are separated by 22 states and kingdoms. Palestinians live under Jewish dominance and all other Arab nations under Western/US influence and dominance and some of them like Iraq have been robbed of their oil wealth through numerous wars.

mikhail
08-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Yes, some minority populations of the Ottoman empire were rebellious in the latter stage of the empire's existence but, you have to remember that they have lived together with Turks for centuries in peace.

Yes, independence might be more valuable than quality of life but, Kurds and Arabs have neither really, they are separated by 22 states and kingdoms. Palestinians live under Jewish dominance and all other Arab nations under Western/US influence and dominance and some of them like Iraq have been robbed of their oil wealth through numerous wars.

It's rather sickening to think that you actually believe that some nationalities were better off occupied by some genocidal Islamists.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2014, 11:33 AM
It's rather sickening to think that you actually believe that some nationalities were better off occupied by some genocidal Islamists.

The post-tanzimat era Ottomans were very secular minded and the Turkish republic, one of the most secular of independent Muslim majority nations in existence.

Loki
08-15-2014, 11:40 AM
The post-tanzimat era Ottomans were very secular minded and the Turkish republic, one of the most secular of independent Muslim majority nations in existence.

Thanks to Ataturk. I hope it stays that way.

mikhail
08-15-2014, 11:45 AM

South Slavic populations were heavily abused by the ottomans. In bulgaria, the ottomans would take the first born male child of every bulgarian family and convert him to islam while making him become a conscript known as an " enicher", after his training as a soldier in east turkey was completed, he would be sent back to bulgaria to become a member of a paramilitary group which would burn down bulgarian villages and kill Bulgarians unless they converted to islam. IN Serbia, Serbs would face torture and persecution unless they converted to islam, hence why Bosnia today is Islamic. The ottomans were savages who tried to wipe out the south Slavic population, it is sad that you think this was a good thing.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2014, 11:54 AM
South Slavic populations were heavily abused by the ottomans. In bulgaria, the ottomans would take the first born male child of every bulgarian family and convert him to islam while making him become a conscript known as an " enicher", after his training as a soldier in east turkey was completed, he would be sent back to bulgaria to become a member of a paramilitary group which would burn down bulgarian villages and kill Bulgarians unless they converted to islam. IN Serbia, Serbs would face torture and persecution unless they converted to islam, hence why Bosnia today is Islamic. The ottomans were savages who tried to wipe out the south Slavic population, it is sad that you think this was a good thing.

I think you are heavily biased and I was only talking about the Muslim populations, not the Christians.
You may be referring to the Janissary/Devshirme system but, that was abolished soon before the empire's end and in latter stages, most recruits were from the Ottoman Turkish high class because it was a very prestigious position to be in where one can later pursue a very promising political career as viziers, pashas and beys.

If the Ottomans really wanted to forcefully convert all of the balkans, most of the region would've been Musllim today, which would've actually been less profitable to the empire and not to mention heretic to Hanafi Muslim ideology.

mikhail
08-15-2014, 12:05 PM
I think you are heavily biased and I was only talking about the Muslim populations, not the Christians.
You may be referring to the Janissary/Devshirme system but, that was abolished soon before the empire's end and in latter stages, most recruits were from the Ottoman Turkish high class because it was a very prestigious position to be in where one can later pursue a very promising political career as viziers, pashas and beys.

If the Ottomans really wanted to forcefully convert all of the balkans, most of the region would've been Musllim today, which would've actually been less profitable to the empire and not to mention heretic to Hanafi Muslim ideology.

In what way am I biased ? Do explain. The ottomans massacred thousands of men, women, and children in stara zagora, bulgaria in 1876 , as well as thousands more civilian Bulgarians slaughtered in Batak during the April uprising. My own great grandfather was killed by the Turks when they entered the town of manastir in 1913 (back then it was part of turkey ) to kill the bulgarian civilians, but luckily my great grandfather had helped the civilian population evacuate the village before the ottomans could arrive. The ottomans were monsters, the only reason why they did not convert the entire Balkan Peninsula to islam is because Muslims were exempt from taxation, and the ottomans needed the Christians of the Balkans to pay the bills.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2014, 12:10 PM
In what way am I biased ? Do explain. The ottomans massacred thousands of men, women, and children in stara zagora, bulgaria in 1876 , as well as thousands more civilian Bulgarians slaughtered in Batak during the April uprising. My own great grandfather was killed by the Turks when they entered the town of manastir in 1913 (back then it was part of turkey ) to kill the bulgarian civilians, but luckily my great grandfather had helped the civilian population evacuate the village before the ottomans could arrive. The ottomans were monsters, the only reason why they did not convert the entire Balkan Peninsula to islam is because Muslims were exempt from taxation, and the ottomans needed the Christians of the Balkans to pay the bills.
1) Sincere blessing to those who died but, that was because they were rebels who wanted to become independent from the Ottoman sultan and anyways, these incidents led to the Russo-Turkish war where many Muslims in the eastern balkans were slaughtered
2) Muslims had to pay the Zakat which Christians were exempt from, plus they had to enlist in the military, which Christians weren't required to do

mikhail
08-15-2014, 12:17 PM
1) Sincere blessing to those who died but, that was because they were rebels who wanted to become independent from the Ottoman sultan and anyways, these incidents led to the Russo-Turkish war where many Muslims in the eastern balkans were slaughtered
2) Muslims had to pay the Zakat which Christians were exempt from, plus they had to enlist in the military, which Christians weren't required to do

They weren't rebels, they were mere civilians in Batak and Stara Zagora, the freedom fighters consisted of 40,000 men, most of which were located either on the serbian border or the romanian border, the ottomans slaughtered mostly civilians. Batak was located on the Greek border, most of the people in Batak were not armed. IT is not true that Christians were exempt from conscription,Christians also paid the most heavy bills.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2014, 12:26 PM
They weren't rebels, they were mere civilians in Batak and Stara Zagora, the freedom fighters consisted of 40,000 men, most of which were located either on the serbian border or the romanian border, the ottomans slaughtered mostly civilians. Batak was located on the Greek border, most of the people in Batak were not armed. IT is not true that Christians were exempt from conscription,Christians also paid the most heavy bills.

This argument will lead to nothing so, this is the last of what I will say.

The Ottoman's intention was not to slaughter civilians but, the freedom fighters in Bulgaria/Macedonia. The Jiyza was also only required to be paid by able-bodied males whereas the Zakat had to be paid by all and the jiyza was also only 1 dinar/ducat per year whereas the Zakat was based on accumulated wealth. Plus, jiyza guarantees the protection of non-Muslims from foreign aggression and no military service, which was the best thing that could've happened because military service was a dangerous job back then and most did not return from battle safely without wounds, for e.g. many Muslims declared themselves as Christians to escape military service.

legolasbozo
08-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks to Ataturk. I hope it stays that way.

Atatürk made amount of contributions, but there were greeks, armenians and turks were living in peace before secularizm. This is what west trying to portray "if there would hadn'nt been atatürk and westernization process, turks would turned to hellhole like other middle eastern countries" you cant compare monarchic tyrannies with a country which has wishdom and state roots going back a thousands of years. Today islamist ruling the country non-muslim minorities and kurds living better and prosperous life compare to last 50 years.

Ars Moriendi
08-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Unlike the Syrian PYD, the Kurd power base in Erbil has traditionally been close to the West, Turkey and even Israel. It isn't surprising in the least.

The only reason the Iraqi dossier is turning into an even bigger mess, is due to the fact Al-Baghdadi and Co decided to turn north after capturing Fallujah and Tikrit, rather than heading south to raid the Shiite heartland as American intelligence had foreseen.
Shady oil interests and the hegemonic reputation of NATO is at stake in Iraqi Kurdistan, so it's no wonder Washington, London, Paris, Berlin and even Rome are executing soft interventions in the area, in spite of having absolutely no will to do it.

It's interesting that the experiment failed so soon with the Islamic State. A number of intelligence sites argue the IRGC succesfully managed to deceive them by using counterpropaganda hightlighting the riches they could acquire by seizing the northern wells, similar to what they have done in Deir Ez-Zor and Raqqa.

This new peshmerga vs IS campaign while proving to be a humanitarian disaster, will at least indirectly help to the political survival of Iraq.

Worth keeping an eye though, if there's something the last decade has taught the world, is how terribly unstable Iraq can be.

Hayalet
08-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Atatürk made amount of contributions, but there were greeks, armenians and turks were living in peace before secularizm.
The Greek War of Independence predates secularism in Turkey by a century.

legolasbozo
08-15-2014, 04:49 PM
The Greek War of Independence predates secularism in Turkey by a century.

6-7 september case? What was the reason behind "Atatürk's house bombed" gossip? Who pushed greek minorities to leave?

Hayalet
08-15-2014, 06:52 PM
6-7 september case? What was the reason behind "Atatürk's house bombed" gossip? Who pushed greek minorities to leave?
Menderes and co. What does that have to do with anything though? Greeks gained their independence from Turkey in 1821, long before there was any notion of secularism.

mikhail
08-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Disliking my comment doesn't make you any less serbian, Dzhihadovic.

Immortal Technique
08-15-2014, 07:08 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=12169&dateline=1408127939

Partizan
08-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Bad news to Barzani lovers:

"However, these strikes are unlikely to affect IS's overall capabilities or its operations in other areas of Iraq and Syria.

"IS remains focused on securing and gaining additional territory through Iraq and will sustain its attacks against Iraqi and Kurdish security forces and their positions as well as targeting Yazidis, Christians and other minorities."

http://news.sky.com/story/1316536/us-military-airstrikes-wont-stop-isis

ISIS can be awfully cruel but they're giving Kurds a good lesson:

Kurdistan cannot go into state :lol:

legolasbozo
08-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Menderes and co. What does that have to do with anything though? Greeks gained their independence from Turkey in 1821, long before there was any notion of secularism.

Menderes and co.? Oh i was thinking who brought wealth tax for jews, who oppressed kurds and bombed dersim did that. Menderes is a man who couldnt prevent his own hanging, even his presidency was a show to delude public about democracy when he crossed the line, he exterminated. From since the foundation of this republic, and even before, there have been "ittihad ve terakki" mindset deep state ruled this country. To overthrow atatürk's rivals rauf orbay and kazım karabekir held a fake assasination plan, 6-7 september plans, sivas massacre etc. İttihad and teraaki mindset was behind All those shames of our history.

Hayalet
08-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Oh i was thinking who brought wealth tax for jews, who oppressed kurds and bombed dersim did that.
Then I am afraid you are retarded.

Menderes is a man who couldnt prevent his own hanging, even his presidency was a show to delude public about democracy when he crossed the line, he exterminated. From since the foundation of this republic, and even before, there have been "ittihad ve terakki" mindset deep state ruled this country. To overthrow atatürk's rivals rauf orbay and kazım karabekir held a fake assasination plan, 6-7 september plans, sivas massacre etc. İttihad and teraaki mindset was behind All those shames of our history.
Some simple facts:

1. Ataturk and his CHP government were responsible for the supression of the Dersim Rebellion.

2. Menderes and his DP government were responsible for the Istanbul Pogrom.

3. Various RP municipality officials and Islamist agitators were responsible for the Sivas Massacre.

There was no grand "ittihad and terraki" mindset behind these events. You are one ignorant, stupid Tayyip fanboy.

Ars Moriendi
08-15-2014, 08:10 PM
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/08/16/world/16europe-2/16europe-2-master675.jpg
Ursula von der Leyen, Germany's defense minister, looks on as humanitarian aid bound for Iraq is loaded onto an Air Force plane.

I don't know what's worse. How terribly predictable the apparatchiks of the American protectorate in Europe are (Read E.U), or the fact German's defence minister, and legal commander of the Bundeswehr is the same woman that not too long ago was in charge of family matters like birth rates and maternal leaves.

Pathetic era.

Dzihadovic
08-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Disliking my comment doesn't make you any less serbian, Dzhihadovic.

Disliking idiotic comments like yours is the only proper use of the thumbs down system.

In bulgaria, the ottomans would take the first born male child of every bulgarian family and convert him to islam while making him become a conscript known as an " enicher", after his training as a soldier in east turkey was completed, he would be sent back to bulgaria to become a member of a paramilitary group which would burn down bulgarian villages and kill Bulgarians unless they converted to islam. IN Serbia, Serbs would face torture and persecution unless they converted to islam, hence why Bosnia today is Islamic. The ottomans were savages who tried to wipe out the south Slavic population, it is sad that you think this was a good thing.

If there was forced conversion in Serbia why did Bosnia become Muslim? You're gonna have to keep your story straight if you don't want to come off as an idiot, but its too late for that. And if there was forced conversion under threat of torture and prosecution why was the conversion of Bosnia a gradual and steady process that took decades for Bosnia to become majority Muslim? If it was forced it would have been a lot quicker. Clearly that's something you came up on the spot like a lot of the shit that comes out of your head.

Being taken by the Ottomans through the devshirme system was one of the best things that cold happen to some of the peasants, so much so that some families TRIED to have their kids selected. They could move up the social ladder based on their skills and abilities alone and not on whether or not they were born into a "noble" family. Meaning that a son of a simple peasant could eventually make it all the way to some of the highest and most prestigious positions available. Even those peasants that weren't selected lived better than their counterparts in non-Ottoman Europe. The rulers of the lands they worked didn't have the same powers over them like in Western Europe. Peasants leased the lands they worked, they were free to move and sell their lease, and their children could inherit that lease.

albosomething
08-15-2014, 08:13 PM
where can i donate?

mikhail
08-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Disliking idiotic comments like yours is the only proper use of the thumbs down system.

If there was forced conversion in Serbia why did Bosnia become Muslim? You're gonna have to keep your story straight if you don't want to come off as an idiot, but its too late for that. And if there was forced conversion under threat of torture and prosecution why was the conversion of Bosnia a gradual and steady process that took decades for Bosnia to become majority Muslim? If it was forced it would have been a lot quicker. Clearly that's something you came up on the spot like a lot of the shit that comes out of your head.

Being taken by the Ottomans through the devshirme system was one of the best things that cold happen to some of the peasants, so much so that some families TRIED to have their kids selected. They could move up the social ladder based on their skills and abilities alone and not on whether or not they were born into a "noble" family. Meaning that a son of a simple peasant could eventually make it all the way to some of the highest and most prestigious positions available. Even those peasants that weren't selected lived better than their counterparts in non-Ottoman Europe. The rulers of the lands they worked didn't have the same powers over them like in Western Europe. Peasants leased the lands they worked, they were free to move and sell their lease, and their children could inherit that lease.

We all know that you converted to islam to further suppress your inner Serb :)

legolasbozo
08-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Then I am afraid you are retarded.

Some simple facts:

1. Ataturk and his CHP government were responsible for the supression of the Dersim Rebellion.

2. Menderes and his DP government were responsible for the Istanbul Pogrom.

3. Various RP municipality officials and Islamist agitators were responsible for the Sivas Massacre.

There was no grand "ittihad and terraki" mindset behind these events. You are one ignorant, stupid Tayyip fanboy.

For years "ittihad and terakki" mindset loaded shariyah phobia to the public and can you elaborately tell me why i dont see anyone crossing the streets for shariya call? Why we have the power and governing the country, eligible to whatever we want nobody asking for shariyah law? Why "islamists" killed alawites in corum, maraş, burned them to the ground in sivas but today nobody dare to do that, what's preventing us? İ will tell you why, because yesterday that "ittihad ve terakki" mindset manipulated mass, organized a flame war, that's why behind our sins is mostly ittihad and terakki mindset, not everything. Even ittihad and terakki send sharif hussein to hejaz and caused uprising, additionally cruel governer of hejaz is ittihad terakki member. (He was grandfather of journalist hasan cemal) but what our offical government propaganta teached us? "All Arabs backstabbed us, they are worthless evil etc.)

Lately years of II.abdulhamit, ittihad ve terakki hijacked ottoman empire and western ass lickers supported that. Definitely İttihad and terakki is not solely responsible for that, (nationalism, lack of adaptation to world realities, corruption) but there were massive mistakes, and that's changed now. This is why Recep Tayyip Erdoğan talks about "second republic" we are full of early bullshit now.

Rojava
08-16-2014, 02:47 PM

How can you be so disrespectful to Yezidis after what they have been through?

Dengizik
08-16-2014, 02:49 PM
How can you be so disrespectful to Yezidis after what they have been through?

What is disrespectful about what i said?

Rojava
08-16-2014, 02:52 PM
What is disrespectful about what i said?

Islamists call Yezidis "Devil Worshippers", which is not true at all and offensive to them. And you say this after Yezidis have been killed, raped and even sold. And now you see nothing wrong in saying what you said?

ASSYRIAN_Libra
08-16-2014, 05:12 PM
It's disturbing that they don't arm the Assyrians/Christians.

Leliana
08-16-2014, 05:24 PM
To think that Kurds are more civilized than Arabs, Anatolian Turks or Muslim Caucasians is a huge mistake. :picard2: They (our Western libtards) armed Lybia and Lybia went down. They armed Syrian 'rebels' and Syria went down. They armed Chechia and Chechia went down. They armed Afghanistan and Afghanistan went down. They armed Iraq and Iraq went down. Etc. etc.

They arm the Kurds, the entire Near East will spawn a new great bloody conflict.

What will happen is that - as soon as Kurds have a significant amount of modern weapons - they will cry for an independent Kurdish nation that expands into current Turkish-, Iranian-, Iraqi- and Syrian soil. And then it will become even more 'interesting' as some other powers will not allow the desintegration of their countries. And Kurds have shown with organizations like PKK/KCK that they are not the peace-loving, humanism-practisizing people that some members want them to be. The only really difference between Kurds and 'normal' Iraqis and Turks is that the Kurds are living in mountainous areas where they can run and hide and live for their own. It's impossible to create big turmoil in remote valleys. But on the flat land they will raise some serious drama. And their weak spot are their 'holy' Peshmerga who are ridiculously overrated. If USA hadn't bombed some outposts and delivery roots of ISIS/IS, the Peshmerga troops had been overrun and utterly ambushed.

Furnace
08-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Muhammed was a kurd, I think that says enough, although kurds are still better than the IS diaper heads.

The kurds love communism it seems, imagine if you mix Islam and communism, a cocktail of madness..

Ars Moriendi
08-16-2014, 05:35 PM
How is that surprising?
Peshmerga and the Iraqi Kurd power base already has a known trajectory of cooperating with the West. NATO mostly.
The willingness of the government in Arbil to trade oil with Turkey, and the willingness of the American and European military to cooperate with them, and the positive statements from Israel regarding Iraqi Kurds aren't coincidences.

Stark contrast with the Syrian PYD, that is currently operating a much more succesful campaign (corridor out of Sinjar was possible due to their intervention) without any foreign support, and evidently without yielding in their principles.

Dandelion
08-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Muhammed was a kurd, I think that says enough, although kurds are still better than the IS diaper heads.

The kurds love communism it seems, imagine if you mix Islam and communism, a cocktail of madness..

You confused Muhammed with Saladin. I dunno how.

Yaroslav
08-16-2014, 05:44 PM
God damn the EU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZJM5PB7hC8

Hayalet
08-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Why we have the power and governing the country, eligible to whatever we want nobody asking for shariyah law? Why "islamists" killed alawites in corum, maraş, burned them to the ground in sivas but today nobody dare to do that, what's preventing us?
You would be risking a civil war where there is no guarantee you would win.

Virtuous
08-16-2014, 08:13 PM
I wonder where ISIS got their weapons, supplies and ammunition from.

Ars Moriendi
08-16-2014, 08:25 PM

Reports from the terrain show that most rifles used by IS are pretty similar to the standard American editions.
Furthermore, ex- Al Qaeda cadres state that after he was released from Guantanamo, al-Baghdadi had already procured something between 20 and 30 million USD for grassroots recruiting.

legolasbozo
08-16-2014, 09:26 PM
You would be risking a civil war where there is no guarantee you would win.

You are missing the point intentionally, what i mean is people have no willingness for that, all those shameful things happened because ittihad and terakki deep state need a reason to blockade rise of islamists. "Hey look, islamists are such a burutal and vulgar so they shouldnt get the power." Today western world and sionists follow exactly the same way to hold the power, as financing salafi mindset and radical organizations, thus they can damage islam's reputation badly and make people believe as portraying "islam=terrorism."

legolasbozo
08-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Double post.

Graham
08-16-2014, 09:37 PM
Would supplying the Kurds with weapons and training have a future knock-on effect on Turkey's Eastern Borders and a want for Kurdistan?

Like Leliana says, It's like the butterfly effect when you train people to fight in the MIddle East.

I mean IS are a major threat. If they control Iraq or Syria. I don't know. PKK against IS :confused:

Scandalf
08-16-2014, 10:03 PM

The intelligent type of question that gets a superpower's intelligence agency on it's toes.

Ars Moriendi
08-16-2014, 10:09 PM
The intelligent type of question that gets a superpower's intelligence agency on it's toes.

Not quite. Foreign intelligence in wartorn areas aren't fully required to make sure their identity is concealed. What really matters is preventing leaks regarding the goals and methods.

In other words, the real questions worth buying from double agents are 1) The how? and 2) What for?

Hayalet
08-16-2014, 10:13 PM
You are missing the point intentionally, what i mean is people have no willingness for that, all those shameful things happened because ittihad and terakki deep state need a reason to blockade rise of islamists. "Hey look, islamists are such a burutal and vulgar so they shouldnt get the power." Today western world and sionists follow exactly the same way to hold the power, as financing salafi mindset and radical organizations, thus they can damage islam's reputation badly and make people believe as portraying "islam=terrorism."
The Istanbul Pogrom was never attributed to Islamists to begin with, let alone being a false flag attack or whatever to make Islamists look bad. Islamists weren't a major faction in the 1950s Turkey. Quite stupid (but not unsurprising) of you to say this.

On the other hand, the Sivas Massacre was most certainly commited by geniune Islamists. That's why some lawyers of the arsonists would join AKP in the following years. It had absolutely nothing to do with any "Unionist" mindset. Deal with it.

legolasbozo
08-17-2014, 09:25 AM
The Istanbul Pogrom was never attributed to Islamists to begin with, let alone being a false flag attack or whatever to make Islamists look bad. Islamists weren't a major faction in the 1950s Turkey. Quite stupid (but not unsurprising) of you to say this.

On the other hand, the Sivas Massacre was most certainly commited by geniune Islamists. That's why some lawyers of the arsonists would join AKP in the following years. It had absolutely nothing to do with any "Unionist" mindset. Deal with it.

Oh, maybe because Atatürk hanged and deported much many of them? Even just 5 years before government hadnt allowed ezan in arabic. İ really admire your logic, for next respond please avoid riddance and biased crap.

Rojava
08-17-2014, 11:41 AM
@Assyrian

Christians will not have the manpower to do any serious damage to ISIS. The best bet for your people's existance now is Peshmerga. Last time I heard Kurdistan's churches are now filled with Christians.

To these Western warriors here:

Your government's wouldn't need to arm Kurds if they didn't arm the shitty Iraqi army with weapons too. Or any other army for that matter. The Peshmerga is fighting a well disciplined militia which is equipped with American made weapons which they stole after the Iraqi army fled in their thousands while the Peshmera only has Soviet equipment without any reliable air power.

My cousin is on the front line, he tells me that they are outgunned. The sort of warfare here is pretty much trench warfare, where superior weaponry is a must.

Many of you have no idea what's actually going on, and you talk as if you are experts on this issue and that you actually like an entire religious group to be genocided completely. And let's not forget all those ISIS splinter cells in Europe, who are waiting for the order to bomb the shit out of everyone.

Peshmerga is doing everybody a favour by cleaning up your mess. This whole Middle Eastern situation has it's roots because of European imperialists! We remember how you denied us the treaty of Sevres, a treaty based very much on demographics.

gültekin
08-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Oh, maybe because Atatürk hanged and deported much many of them? Even just 5 years before government hadnt allowed ezan in arabic. İ really admire your logic, for next respond please avoid riddance and biased crap.
"islamists" or what ever in Turkey, east-west was anytime the arselicker and black-ship of imperial pigs. has Ataturk hanged them? cool, thats because i like him
http://i50.tinypic.com/2im98g.jpg

legolasbozo
08-17-2014, 12:13 PM
"islamists" or what ever in Turkey, east-west was anytime the arselicker and black-ship of imperial pigs. has Ataturk hanged them? cool, thats because i like him
http://i50.tinypic.com/2im98g.jpg

The thing is Atatürk wanted to overthrown his rivals on his path for being "Ultimate leader" (sounds familiar right?) so made up a fake assasination plan to achieve his goal. History is full of such stories. And they teached us "Atatürk has a decent and modest personality, atatürk never wanted to be a myth in Turkish history bla bla." Even he backstabbed a war hero like Kazım Karabekir.

gültekin
08-17-2014, 12:20 PM
The thing is Atatürk wanted to overthrown his rivals on his path for being "Ultimate leader" (sounds familiar right?) so made up a fake assasination plan to achieve his goal. History is full of such stories. And they teached us "Atatürk has a decent and modest personality, atatürk never wanted to be a myth in Turkish history bla bla." Even he backstabbed a war hero like Kazım Karabekir.
i like him, because he fucked up the traitors like this "sarıklı ibneler " on pic. therefore he is a ultimate leader for me

Hayalet
08-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Birader sen gerizekalı mısın, yoksa İngilizce mi anlamıyorsun? Sen dedin ki 6-7 Eylül Olayları, Sivas Katliamı vs. hepsi İttihatçı bir zihniyete sahip derin devletin İslamcıları kötü göstermek için tasarladığı şeylerdir. Ben de diyorum ki 6-7 Eylül Olayları hiçbir zaman İslamcılarla özdeşleştirilmemiş bile, zaten o yıllarda İslamcılar Türkiye siyasetinde etkili değil. Buna cevabın ne şimdi? Varsa söyle. Atatürk'ün astırdığı insanların veya Arapça ezanın yasak olmasının konuyla bir alakası yok.

legolasbozo
08-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Birader sen gerizekalı mısın, yoksa İngilizce mi anlamıyorsun? Sen dedin ki 6-7 Eylül Olayları, Sivas Katliamı vs. hepsi İttihatçı bir zihniyete sahip derin devletin İslamcıları kötü göstermek için tasarladığı şeylerdir. Ben de diyorum ki 6-7 Eylül Olayları hiçbir zaman İslamcılarla özdeşleştirilmemiş bile, zaten o yıllarda İslamcılar Türkiye siyasetinde etkili değil. Buna cevabın ne şimdi? Varsa söyle. Atatürk'ün astırdığı insanların veya Arapça ezanın yasak olmasının konuyla bir alakası yok.

Yahu osmanlının son zamanlarında yönetimi ittihad ve terakki ele geçirdi, bu leş zihniyet ırkçılığa dayalı bir türk kimliği dayattı halka, hani bugün rte'ye mezhepçi diyoruz ya, işte mezhepcinin ağa babası bu adamlardır. Abd'de nasıl w.a.s.p. kavramı varsa bunun türkiye'deki karşılığı da sünni, türk, kemalist şeklinde dizayn edilmiştir. Sünni kısmı light bir sünnilik Atatürk'ün varlık vergisinden tut sivas olaylarına kadar geçmişte yaşanan olaylarda hep bu derin devlet refleksi vardır. Yahudilerin varlık vergisiyle, rumların 6-7 eylül olaylarıyla tasfiyesinden tut çorum-maraş a, menders in asılmasından kürtlerin yaşadığı zulme kadar hep bu kesimin kimi zaman perde arkasından kimi zaman devlet eliyle müdahalesi olmuştur. Şimdiye kadar tarihi de toplumu da bu kesim dizayn etmiştir. İşin özeti budur, devlet yönetiminde kendilerinden başka kimseye şans vermemiş, ülkenin tek sahibi kendileri olarak göemüşlerdir ta ki Recep Tayyip Erdoğan'a kadar, rte nin sürekli diline doladığı bu leş zihniyettir işte.