PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry commits Racial Faux Pas

Æmeric
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Prince Harry is facing a formal inquiry over his remarks in a video. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/4218159/Prince-Harry-Paki-row-MoD-launches-formal-inquiry-over-video-gaffe.html) The offensive words: Paki & raghead.:D It's nice to see some Royals are not politically correct, especially the son of Charles (;)) & Diana. Harry would make a great king someday.

Here's the video that is uploaded at Youtube:

tcSM_r8vq9o

Revenant
01-11-2009, 04:56 PM
A true testament to the absolute lunacy that's the new age religion of PC. The mindless PC minions in the media are certifiable fanatics.

Harry saying "Paki" which is just short for Pakistani, and "rag head" which is nearly totally banal in its self is a major event grabbing worldwide headlines, it's at absolute saturation point down here.:rolleyes2:

Æmeric
01-11-2009, 05:06 PM
The US Navy use to, under the provisions of the treaty that leased Subic Bay to the US, allow a certain number of Filipinos to enlist every year. It was surprise for me to find that around 5% to 7% of the enlisted ranks - at least on the West Coast - were made up of Filipinos, a group that I had never came in contact with before. We use to call them "flip" right to their faces. I'm guessing that is not allowed anymore. I know the term "Jap" is now considered racist.

Loki
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Not even a British Prince is immune to this PC insanity. What hope is there for the rest of us mortals? Having said that, I suppose that they want to make an example of him because of his status in society. If he gets away with it relatively easily, others might do the same more easily and say: "Hey, Prince Harry says it, so why can't I?".

TheGreatest
01-11-2009, 07:30 PM
There's nothing remotely offensive about Harry's video. This is the kind of language that men use on a daily basis. If the Liberals are offended than maybe they should go back to their gated-ironed community and continue to live in their fantasy world :rolleyes:

Psychonaut
01-11-2009, 10:33 PM
The US Navy use to, under the provisions of the treaty that leased Subic Bay to the US, allow a certain number of Filipinos to enlist every year. It was surprise for me to find that around 5% to 7% of the enlisted ranks - at least on the West Coast - were made up of Filipinos, a group that I had never came in contact with before. We use to call them "flip" right to their faces. I'm guessing that is not allowed anymore. I know the term "Jap" is now considered racist.

Where I work, it's pretty common for everyone to refer to all Middle Easterners as "Hajji." When I was in basic training, we'd go to ranges with pop-up targets, and the targets would all have full-sized posters of Arabs on them.

Skandi
01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
I was listening to the news and they were saying that the least he would get was a very harsh dressing down by his CO. I recon it would go like this..

You Bloody idiot you've put me in a damn uncomfortable position, and it's ruining my chances of promotion/invitation to the garden party this year. What the bloody hell were you doing videoing it?....

the only thing he did wrong was to record it. But you can't expect people to guard what they say 24/7 no matter what their position. Personaly I wouldn't want to have his job ever!

Oresai
01-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I`ve listened first hand to squaddies chat...most of it would turn the air blue and none of it was politically correct. But these are men I`d happily trust my life to, rather than any politically correct wet blanket who would soil themselves when faced with half of what the Forces face.

Beorn
01-12-2009, 11:46 AM
'Benefit of doubt' for Harry - PM

http://estb.msn.com/i/B8/E382C1B7694A48EDABE7E6132567.jpg
pa.press.net

Gordon Brown has said that he believes the public will give Prince Harry the "benefit of the doubt" over the furore in which the young Royal was caught on film referring to a Pakistani platoon member as a "Paki".
The Prime Minister said he believed the Prince knew his comments were "unacceptable" but he believed his apology was genuine.
Asked on GMTV about the row, Mr Brown said the question of whether Harry was disciplined over the affair was up to the Army.
He said: "I think the sincerity of his apology cannot be doubted. It was a mistake, he has made the admission of that and, once he has made his apology, I think the British people are good enough to give someone who has actually been a role model for young people and has done well fighting for our country, gone into very difficult situations with bravery, I think they will give him the benefit of the doubt."
Mr Brown's comments come after Harry was caught on film three years ago referring to Pakistani platoon member Ahmed Raza Khan as "our little Paki friend".
Palace officials said the 24-year-old Prince was "extremely sorry" for the comment and stressed that Harry had been speaking to a friend without malice.
But the soldier's father, Muhammad Yaqoob Khan Abbasi, accused Harry - who is third in line to the throne - of using a "hate word" against his son.
Speaking from his home in Pakistan's North West Frontier, Mr Abbasi told the Daily Mail: "When I saw the video I was very, very hurt. I strongly condemn the fact that Prince Harry used that language against my son. That word he used is a hate word (:rolleyes:)and should never be used against any Pakistani.
"Prince Harry should apologise to the Pakistani Army and to the Pakistani government for this. I cannot accept his apology unless they first accept his apology."
The Army said it will not launch a formal investigation into the matter because no complaint has been made.

Source (http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=12693969)

the Fathers looking to get as much money out of this as possible, I see.

Oresai
01-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Och, another case of massive overreaction. What is it nowadays, that folks take offense at the drop of a hat? When did a name become a cause for public outcry? Don`t they realise it makes them look like a bunch of silly, wimpish schoolkids running to teacher because somebody called them a `nasty name`? For goodness sakes Asians everywhere, have some dignity and let it slide over you if want to earn some respect. Really, the world becomes more of a playground every day...pretty sad..

TheGreatest
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
How is the term Paki racist? It's not it stands for Pashtun, Afghan, Kashmiri and Indian!

I guess the British no longer print the Oxford dictionary?

Psychonaut
01-13-2009, 08:09 PM
How is the term Paki racist? It's not it stands for Pashtun, Afghan, Kashmiri and Indian!

I guess the British no longer print the Oxford dictionary?

I've been wondering about this too. Since -stan just means "land of," every other group from a -stan country just drops the suffix for their name. Kazakhstan > Kazakh, Uzbekistan > Uzbeks, etc. What's so special about the Pakistanis?

Æmeric
01-13-2009, 08:26 PM
It could have to do with a negative self-esteem among Pakies themselves. Like with Negroes. They were called Colored at one time, that is what my father called them. As in the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Then it was Negro as in United Negro College Fund. People were still using Negro when I was a kid & our Encyclopedia Britannia Junior - the edition that came out in the early 70s - had a section on "US Negroes". Then it was Black. Now it is African-American. The problem is whatever label Congoid descended people in America use it will eventually conjure up a negative image. So it is with persons from Pakistan.

In Latin America there are people who say Yanqui as if it was a dirty world but no Americans (at least from north of the Mason-Dixon Line) take offense at it. Or at Gringo. Most Rednecks or Crackers do not take offense at terms that others use as a derogative. But peoples like Pakies or Negroes take an exaggerated offense when "others" use certain words - it is their own psychosis & no amount of sensitivity will cure it.

As for the word Jap - I don't think It was the Japanese who took offense at but some self appointed diversity pc police from the US who screamed "Racist!" at the use of the word.

TheGreatest
01-14-2009, 03:04 AM
I've been wondering about this too. Since -stan just means "land of," every other group from a -stan country just drops the suffix for their name. Kazakhstan > Kazakh, Uzbekistan > Uzbeks, etc. What's so special about the Pakistanis?

Nothing special about them. Though if you've had experiences with those ''ethnics'', you'll realize how stubborn, ignorant and egotistic these people are.
I generally avoid them as much as possible

Berrocscir
01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Of course, Harry's Old Man's in the frame now....:rolleyes2:

Spillip
01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Take a laughably trivial non-event, plaster it in large font and surround it by dramatic adjectives; serve with a dressing of fifteen or so exclamation marks, and we have this week's national crisis.

I'm pretty sure most NOTW readers will actually be tricked into thinking this is a genuine outrage, because they'll see the words 'terrible' or 'horrific' and it will overload their retard brains. But the new season of American Idol starts soon, so they won't remember this for long.

stormlord
01-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Political correctness thrives the more disconnected people are from reality, and being so close to the sharp end, the army is anything but. It's the only place where people don't get fired for using "hate speech" or for "bullying", where people still accept hierarchy and the social order, and where it's still accepted that men and women aren't exactly the same in their capabilities. The problem arises when outsiders get a glimpse into army life and have a fit. People, it seems, are so pc brainwashed that they can't accept that you need rough people to do a rough job, and they want to foist their pc principles on soldiers, only unlike at say a company, where hiring morons, having diversity days, speech codes, promoting the less competent because of their race/gender/sexuality, turning people into wusses, etc simply lowers productivity, in the army it gets people killed.

Scene-front gate of the British embassy in Berlin

Lieutenant: "I say what's the bulge in that paki fellow's jacket?"

Sergeant: "That's a hate word and racial profiling sir, you remember what they told us in the diversity seminar, we can't do that any more, I'm sure he's just on his way to-

KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Æmeric
02-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Equality or sensitivity training or whatever they want to call it, is just another way of say indoctrination into the official dogma. Either embrace the official policy or keep your opinions to yourself.:zip-lip:

Prince Harry has been ordered to attend an equality and diversity course by Army chiefs after being formally disciplined for his 'Paki' remark.
It is the second time the prince will have had to undertake the racial awareness training, which is mandatory for recruits.

The course aims to educate soldiers on what type of behaviour and language is unacceptable in today's multicultural Army.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/12/article-1141545-0306B89C000005DC-421_468x546.jpg
Disciplined: Prince Harry has been ordered to attend an equality and diversity course after he was caught on video calling fellow cadet Ahmed Raza Khan, pictured front, his 'little Paki friend'

The decision for the prince to repeat the course was taken by his superiors after a review.

The incident, which happened in 2006 during a training exercise in Cyprus, has been written into his permanent Army record but is not expected to hinder his military career.

Prince Harry, who apologised for the remark said it was not meant maliciously.
A Clarence House spokesman said: 'Prince Harry has been subject to normal Army disciplinary procedures. The matter is now closed.'
The news comes as he was embroiled in a new race row after a black comedian revealed he told him: 'You don't sound like a black chap.'

The royal made the remark to Stephen K. Amos after he performed a stand up routine for the Prince of Wales' 60th birthday celebrations.

Speaking on Channel Five's The Wright Stuff on Tuesday, Amos said it occurred as he joined a line-up of stars to meet the royals.
He explained: 'Harry said, "Hello, tell me, amusing, but you don't sound like a black chap".
Presenter Matthew Wright looked on stunned as Amos added: 'I wanted to say, "How is I supposed to sound?"'

Asked if the remark had been made in jest, he replied: 'I hope it was.'
Co-host Lowri Turner declared: 'That's not the point.'

The comedian, who has appeared on shows including the BBC's Have I Got News For You, later put the comment down to a poor attempt at making banter.

Charles' birthday celebration was screened on ITV in November.
The comic appeared alongside comedy greats such as Rowan Atkinson, John Cleese and Robin Williams.

The equality course, which is expected to be more intensive than the first, was ordered as a response to the row which broke out when he called fellow Army cadet Ahmed Raza Khan his 'little Paki friend'.

But his fellow soldier jumped to his defence and insisted that he was not offended by the remark.

'The Prince called me by a nickname which is usually very insulting but I know he didn't mean it that way,' he was quoted as telling The Sun.
'We were close friends when we were training and I know he is not a racist.'
It later emerged that an Indian polo-playing friend of the Prince of Wales and his sons is known to them as 'Sooty'.

Prince Harry was also heavily criticised in 2005 after wearing a Nazi uniform to a fancy dress party.

Naomi Byron, national secretary of Youth Against Racism in Europe, told The Mirror: 'Many young people will be disgusted by his remark – how is a black man meant to sound?

'But it is not just Prince Harry that is at fault. The aristocratic, rich circles he moves in obviously don't have a problem with this kind of racist stereotyping.'
Former Commission for Racial Equality chairman Lord Herman Ouseley said: 'It is very sad that Prince Harry thinks black people all talk in the same way. It just goes to show how ill-educated members of the upper classes can be.'
A spokesman for Clarence House refused to comment, saying 'We do not comment on allegations about private conversations involving the Royals.'

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1141545/Prince-Harry-sent-equality-training-Army-Paki-slur.html)