PDA

View Full Version : Why shouldn't North American Natives have their own state?

Eileanach
08-22-2014, 02:48 AM
Tribes in the US are officially recognized as sovereign nations. I don't see why they shouldn't have their own state, possibly operating like a large enclave within the US. The idea might not be very feasible, but the logistics of it aren't as important as the principle. The reservation system is ridiculous and unfair, and it's a relic from the same period when native Americans were second-class citizens, and their existence was basically just considered a nuisance to the US government. And they are really still languishing in these same shitty, barren places that their ancestors got forced onto at gunpoint?

They should be given a chance to steer their own fate if they want to, separate from the US. I don't know why the idea hasn't ever been at least proposed before (that I know of).

I realize "North American native" encompasses a huge and extremely diverse group of people, but at this point they'd be better off trying to preserve their cultures as a collective rather than a bunch of disjointed, irrelevant tribal associations collecting government benefits and scratching out a living on those crappy reservations. I don't understand why this idea has never taken hold, because I'm sure it's been thought of a million times. Can someone explain to me why it is (apparently) considered too impractical to work, or why the US government would be opposed to such an idea?

pinguino
08-22-2014, 03:18 AM
Do they want to be independent? As far as I know, North American natives are one of the more patriotic groups the U.S. has, and have fight in most wars the U.S. has had. And that's many wars.

http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ec0737e49/images/akam_gaming_4_cropped-2.jpg

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-22-2014, 03:20 AM
Do they want to be independent? As far as I know, North American natives are one of the more patriotic groups the U.S. has, and have fight in most wars the U.S. has had. And that's many wars.

http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ec0737e49/images/akam_gaming_4_cropped-2.jpg

I have no idea where you get that from but it doesn't matter.

they have alot of poverty on the reservations. And i have heard them post anti -US videos but it could be just specific poltical ideals or whatever of groups

Eileanach
08-22-2014, 03:24 AM

They are extremely patriotic, those few that I've met have been anyway. The major thing with this would be preserving their cultures; that would be much easier if they were more organized and consolidated. Do you know what I mean?

Come on pinguino, what about the evil European colonizers? You didn't give the answer I expected you to.

pinguino
08-22-2014, 03:26 AM
They are extremely patriotic, those few that I've met have been anyway. The major thing with this would be preserving their cultures; that would be much easier if they were more organized and consolidated. Do you know what I mean?

Come on pinguino, what about the evil European colonizers? You didn't give the answer I expected you to.

You must be careful to mix pears with apples. Native American cultures are all different between them. Do not expect a Cree have the same culture than a Navajo.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-22-2014, 03:29 AM
You must be careful to mix pears with apples. Native American cultures are all different between them. Do not expect a Cree have the same culture than a Navajo.

True, but i think they are much more modernized about stuff than before

Kale
08-22-2014, 03:34 AM
They did have their own state, in fact, they had the whole country for a while, but they proved they couldn't get along with each other so we had to break up the fighting.

Eileanach
08-22-2014, 03:44 AM

Why couldn't a Cree and a Navajo get along? They never came in contact with each other. They would have no reason to dislike one another.

You know pinguino, you're wearing Western-colored glasses in the way you're thinking about this. :gasp: Native American tribes don't have the kind of historical feuding that is still present in Europe today, because most of the major tribes of today are widely dispersed across the country and most never came in contact with each other.

For example, by the time the Sioux were being forced onto reservations, they had already absorbed some of the smaller tribes that they used to war with, for the sake of convenience for the US government. The US governent didn't give a flying fuck that the Sioux hated the Pawnee and the Chippewa. They just forced them into a tribal agglomeration for the sake of convenience.

Tribal differences would not be any kind of impediment in this situation.

Hong Key
08-22-2014, 03:53 AM
You are admitting that race is real and that race matters. Do you support the same right for the indigenous peoples of Europe. For an example a Sweden for the indigenous Swedes? Or does this only apply to non-Whites?

Also it is very typically White of you to think that all natives are the same or want the same thing, it is a very unfortunate issue that we Whites have which is "one shoe fits all" mentality, it has gotten us in alot of trouble and has caused trouble for others.

Eileanach
08-22-2014, 03:55 AM
You are admitting that race is real and that race matters. Do you support the same right for the indigenous peoples of Europe. For an example a Sweden for the indigenous Swedes? Or does this only apply to non-Whites?

Also it is very typically White of you to think that all natives are the same or want the same thing, it is a very unfortunate issue that we Whites have which is "one shoe fits all" mentality, it has gotten us in alot of trouble and has caused trouble for others.

We ain't talking about Europeans here, hombre. Take it somewhere else.

Hong Key
08-22-2014, 03:58 AM
We ain't talking about Europeans here, hombre. Take it somewhere else.

Of course you are not talking about Europeans in a European Cultural website that would be ridiculous.
And of course you are not talking about a homeland for indigenous Whites only for indigenous non-whites

Eileanach
08-22-2014, 04:03 AM
Of course you are not talking about Europeans in a European Cultural website that would be ridiculous.
And of course you are not talking about a homeland for indigenous Whites only for indigenous non-whites

Yeah yeah, poor whitey, darkie subhumans, etc etc etc

pinguino
08-22-2014, 04:05 AM

Why don't you go to find your Cherokee Princess in your family tree? This topic is about North American Indians.

Hong Key
08-22-2014, 04:07 AM
Yeah yeah, poor whitey, darkie subhumans, etc etc etc

You are a funny anti-White incapable of answering simple questions or addressing simple subjects.

Eileanach
08-22-2014, 04:09 AM
You are a funny anti-White incapable of answering simple questions or addressing simple subjects.

Reverse racism, white genocide, poor me I'm an oppressed white male, etc etc

Hong Key
08-22-2014, 04:17 AM
Why don't you go to find your Cherokee Princess in your family tree? This topic is about North American Indians.

Hello anti-White freak

I asked simple question and brought up simple subjects.

Is race real and does it matter?
If it is Not real then why would Injuns want a state of their own?
If it is real then 1. are the Indigenous peoples of North America one race? 2. would you extend that idea to other indigenous peoples to have their own homeland such as Indigenous Swedes. If not why (Anti-White?)

I also called out the problem Whites have with their lofty ideas that are not based in reality, they think they know what is best for everyone regardless if those they are referring to agrees or not. It is something inherent in us honkys. Which has cause problems for our own people and others.

Hong Key
08-22-2014, 04:22 AM
Reverse racism, white genocide, poor me I'm an oppressed white male, etc etc

Your evil hatred of Whites is very apparent and ability to make an arguments is quite sub-par. Is that the way you were taught to debate in college? You loved Mommy Professor didn't you?

Eileanach
08-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Your evil hatred of Whites is very apparent and ability to make an arguments is quite sub-par. Is that the way you were taught to debate in college? You loved Mommy Professor didn't you?

Go drive down to a reservation sometime. It's got nothing to do with some fucked up notion you've got of a "white altruism" or whatever the fuck. It's about people deciding what's best for themselves.

My "evil hatred of whites"? You can't be serious. My username and most of what I talk about on here has to do with a European country I've got ancestry from.

I don't think you're a bad guy, but you're too old for this. There are more important thing to worry about in life. Go volunteer at a food drive or something.

Hong Key
08-22-2014, 04:46 AM
Go drive down to a reservation sometime. It's got nothing to do with some fucked up notion you've got of a "white altruism" or whatever the fuck.

"one shoe fits all" mentality,

edit ;
"white altruism" would be Others should have a homeland but Whites should not.
the other point was in the vain of "if I think it is a good idea then everyone will think it is a good idea" which can get us in trouble.

It's about them deciding what's best for themselves.

Agree. Then I asked, is it only Them or are does that extend to others (Whites)? It is a simple and legitimate question because on this forum there are a large amount who will say indigenous this and that but deny Whites the same, on a European Cultural forum no less.

My "evil hatred of whites"? You can't be serious. My username and most of what I talk about on here has to do with a European country I've got ancestry from.

Good to hear but your responses are that of a typical White anti-White

I don't think you're a bad guy, but you're too old for this. There are more important thing to worry about in life. Go volunteer at a food drive or something.

You seem to know me yet I do not know you. I was hoping for simple answers to simple questions, not spend the last 30 mins or more responding back and forth. Now I will go donate some blood, help an old lady across the street and save a kitten from a tree. Then I will be back and perhaps discuss this some more or not.

alpha
08-22-2014, 05:47 PM
wtf why is the topic about white people now

pinguino
08-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Hello anti-White freak

I asked simple question and brought up simple subjects.

Is race real and does it matter?
If it is Not real then why would Injuns want a state of their own?
If it is real then 1. are the Indigenous peoples of North America one race? 2. would you extend that idea to other indigenous peoples to have their own homeland such as Indigenous Swedes. If not why (Anti-White?)

I also called out the problem Whites have with their lofty ideas that are not based in reality, they think they know what is best for everyone regardless if those they are referring to agrees or not. It is something inherent in us honkys. Which has cause problems for our own people and others.

I am not an anti-white freak. I just hate racist white-trash rascals, which are a minority among white people. I respect white people in general, particularly those that DESERVE respect.

Race is just genetic. It is DNA coded; just information.
Other thing is ethnicity. Native Americans have theirs cultures, language and traditions, and that must be respected. Besides, according to the U.N. bills of rights, natives have certain rights that states must respect.
Finally, the term "injun" is as offensive as the following: paleface, corpse-skin, red neck, crab-skinned, and others applied to European descendants, so please avoid it. If you want to be respectful and get respect back, wash your mouth with soap, and call natives with the name of theirs Indian tribe.