PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Farage harangues EU President Herman van Rompuy (video)

Absinthe
03-05-2010, 03:15 PM
*must* see!

bypLwI5AQvY

Absinthe
03-05-2010, 03:35 PM
P.S. I :love: his accent! Is that a London accent?

Liffrea
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Absinthe
P.S. I his accent! Is that a London accent?

Nope.

I’m not sure where Farage is from, but he resigned as head of the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) in 2009 in order to run for Westminster (presumably one makes more money, on the side at least, in the UK Parliament than the EU….).

To be honest the video, for me, pretty much epitomises how degraded politics in general is now, one can see similar childish remarks made in Westminster on a daily basis where the “politicians” seem more interested in personal attacks than attacking policies. Farage did himself no favours by insulting Van Rompuy or Belgium.

Now if he had restricted himself to a serious assault on how Van Rompuy got to be in the position he is and, more to the point who wanted him there as the “yes man”, he may have made more use of his time. Van Rompuy didn’t looked fazed by Farage’s outburst, he’s got serious backers behind him whose interests he protects….I’m sure he won’t lose to much sleep.