PDA

View Full Version : New push for more Holocaust studies

microrobert
08-25-2014, 02:59 PM
New push for more Holocaust studies

Jewish organizations in The Netherlands want to open up their community institutions to show Dutch school pupils more about Jewish life and history than Holocaust studies. Dutch director of the Amsterdam Liberal Jewish Community (LJG) Madelon Bino tells Trouw that organizations want to show students that there is a difference between Jewish life in The Netherlands and Israeli politics.

Bino says that there is currently a great need for lessons about Judaism. Many Jews feel that anti-Semitism has increased since the Gaza conflict. Norbert Hinterleitner, head of the education department of the Anne Frank Foundation tells Trouw that the story of Anne Frank is not enough to tackle discrimination. “Lessons about the Holocaust do not take away anti-Semitism.” He says that teachers must place anti-Semitism in the context of exclusion, racism and discrimination, which are universal themes.

According to Trouw, the Ministry of Education is now having research done to see how much ‘shyness’ there is amongst teachers to discuss and teach about taboo subjects. By bringing universal themes such as discrimination into the subject, it will become easier for teachers to make pupils understand the subject. In this way, Hinterleitner hopes to fight anti-Semitism in this generation, to change behavior.

In Amsterdam, the LJG is organizing ‘get to know your neighbor’ classes, which works in a peer education format, in which pupils are introduced to other young people who then talk to them about a certain subject. The classes are already underway with Amsterdam’s roc MBO/Zuid school. Jewish youths speak about biases against Jews that they have to live with to MBO students, most of which are of non-Western origin.

This project is now also being used in Synagogues in Utrecht, Rotterdam and The Hague. The hope is to dissociate Jewish people from the Holocaust and for students to learn to see Jewish people as people with a religion that has a lot in common with Christianity and Islam. “In this way, Judaism gets a face”, says Ron van der Wieken of the Dutch Confederation for Progressive Judaism. “That works better than a hundred books.”

http://www.nltimes.nl/2014/08/25/new-push-holocaust-studies/

Mortimer
08-25-2014, 03:01 PM
thats a good think i believe, jews need to be viewed as normal people, because they are just normal humans, to get a face. especially for people with muslim background

Ars Moriendi
08-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I remember when I was 10 years old and I said in school I didn't truly care about the Holocaust.
I was forced to read a book about the Treblinka camp (250 pages), and then report why the 1933-1945 sequence had been so horrible. Since then I've realised that all the Shoahnanas affair is strictly ideological. No surprise at all here.

Kale
08-25-2014, 03:26 PM
What does this have to do with holocaust studies, or science in general? They're just advocating a "show and tell" of cultures. Except the Dutch culture, because since that is the supposed standard, nobody will really care about it.

LightHouse89
08-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Deport Jews, Muslims, Africans etc...!

albosomething
08-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Deport Jews, Muslims, Africans etc...!

alright, just help us here how would you identify someone as muslim.

how can one spot a muslim? the term you are looking for is arab.

Kale
08-25-2014, 03:49 PM

Just wait...they can't resist praying forever!

LightHouse89
08-25-2014, 04:02 PM

niggers, arabs etc...people who do not belong in europe......they will contaminate the european gene pool.

morski
08-25-2014, 04:10 PM

Easy. A cutdick who doesn't eat pork.

albosomething
08-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Easy. A cutdick who doesn't eat pork.

so intellegent wow

niggers, arabs etc...people who do not belong in europe......they will contaminate the european gene pool.

that's messed up .. every arab is muslim, every muslim is not non euro

Just wait...they can't resist praying forever!

woah , original , mind blowing

Kale
08-25-2014, 05:10 PM
woah , original , mind blowing

No I will not blow your mind

sexual harrassment!!!