PDA

View Full Version : Which ancient empire are you? (Quiz)

Ars Moriendi
08-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Found this curious little thing while researching for Archaelogical articles.

Could be fun to share results:
http://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/1.600595

Merida
08-27-2014, 11:26 PM
Ancient Greeks – Macedonian Empire

“Hail Alexander!” you shout at the top of your Ancient Greek-loving lungs. You’re cultured and philosophical – and maybe a bit vain – yet not afraid to get down and bloodied in the name of territorial glory. From the Balkans to the Stans, the Nile to the Indus, your megalomania knows no bounds. And while reciting poetry in a toga and waxing lyric about the freedom-espousing ideas of Cleisthenes, you could just as equally be ordering the sacking of a foreign capital and the enslavement of its people.

Hubal
08-27-2014, 11:29 PM
Mauryan Empire, India
“Buddhism for one, Buddhism for all!” you’d proclaim, like Ashoka the Great, after witnessing firsthand the true human toll of war in assembling your sprawling empire. For amid your ferocity and territorial zeal, you cannot escape your inner calling to spread wisdom and compassion throughout the expanses of your realm, going so far as to enforce state vegetarianism and effecting a spiritual revolution on a continental scale.

Linebacker
08-27-2014, 11:31 PM
I`m an ancient nomadic army of robust shredded cavemen that walks around and bitchslaps random empires and use their bones as toothpicks.

How about that.

Comte Arnau
08-28-2014, 01:28 AM
The Phoenician Empire

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/2012/12/carthage.jpg

You’re an aquaphiliac through and through, or at least feel most alive when by the sea, waking up to the salty breath of the ocean gods and immersing yourself in their wet, blue infinity. Like the Phoenicians, you’re also cultured and enterprising, ensconced in some thriving coastal city – the gates of your sophisticated metropolis wide open to the cross currents of the world. And if you had to pick one deity from the Canaanite pantheon, which enjoys the devotion of you and your people, it’d be the bare-breasted mother goddess of Asherah, blessed be she.

True, yesss! And let's not forget either that Barcelona is the new Jerusalem.
:drink1:

Mortimer
08-28-2014, 02:05 AM
Kingdom of David

An ardent monotheist through and through, that’s you, your ultimate Jewish idol King David, uniter of tribes, slayer of giants and restorer of glory. “Down with the enemies of the Nation of Israel, and any other paganistas polluting the planet!” you’d bellow from your palace in your glorious capital, Jerusalem. And no matter how lonely it can get being the only non-idol worshipper in the room, you wouldn’t swap your chosenhood – nor lack of foreskin – for anything.

Tacitus
08-28-2014, 02:06 AM
Roman Empire

Welcome to Imperium Romanum, fellow lover of wine, literature, urban planning and cutting-edge military technology. You’re cosmopolitan and super-organized, adventurous and don’t shirk from a fight. As for religion, you mix and match, though in your later years you may settle down with just one god. And while not as sordid as your ancient Greek ancestors, you definitely aren’t prudish – a good old-fashioned orgy never killed anyone.

Guapo
08-28-2014, 02:10 AM

“Hail Alexander!” you shout at the top of your Ancient Greek-loving lungs. You’re cultured and philosophical – and maybe a bit vain – yet not afraid to get down and bloodied in the name of territorial glory. From the Balkans to the Stans, the Nile to the Indus, your megalomania knows no bounds. And while reciting poetry in a toga and waxing lyric about the freedom-espousing ideas of Cleisthenes, you could just as equally be ordering the sacking of a foreign capital and the enslavement of its people

Óttar
08-28-2014, 02:17 AM
http://cdn3.playbuzz.com/cdn/6283c55d-3ac9-43b4-873a-da1912336097/05c54514-73ec-46f4-af6a-856438f01f04.jpg

Welcome to Imperium Romanum, fellow lover of wine, literature, urban planning and cutting-edge military technology. You’re cosmopolitan and super-organized, adventurous and don’t shirk from a fight. As for religion, you mix and match, though in your later years you may settle down with just one god. And while not as sordid as your ancient Greek ancestors, you definitely aren’t prudish – a good old-fashioned orgy never killed anyone.

alfieb
08-28-2014, 02:22 AM
Phoenician Empire.

Not good for a guy who runs a forum with a Latin name and a Roman theme.

Smaug
08-28-2014, 02:37 AM
Phoenician.

silver_surfer
08-28-2014, 06:21 AM
Phoenician Empire

http://coastline.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/ishtar_goddess.jpg

You’re an aquaphiliac through and through, or at least feel most alive when by the sea, waking up to the salty breath of the ocean gods and immersing yourself in their wet, blue infinity. Like the Phoenicians, you’re also cultured and enterprising, ensconced in some thriving coastal city – the gates of your sophisticated metropolis wide open to the cross currents of the world. And if you had to pick one deity from the Canaanite pantheon, which enjoys the devotion of you and your people, it’d be the bare-breasted mother goddess of Asherah, blessed be she.

SkyBurn
08-28-2014, 06:34 AM
Phoenician Empire

Zzzzz

rhiannon
08-28-2014, 09:28 AM
http://cdn3.playbuzz.com/cdn/6283c55d-3ac9-43b4-873a-da1912336097/a2344bf5-8058-45e4-8c54-1af19b140735.jpg
Babylonian EmpireBy the rivers of Babylon, there you’d want to sit, indulging your perverted pleasures and grandiose plans of conquering the region. Like the mighty Babylonians, much maligned in the Abrahamic tradition as excessive and obscene, you don’t think that there’s anything wrong with paying disproportionate attention to statues, even offering them food and wiping their mouths after they have their fill. And your favorite wonder of the ancient world? Why, the Hanging Gardens, of course!

Dombra
08-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Roman Empire

Volscian
08-28-2014, 09:43 AM
Obviously...

Roman Empire

Seraph of the End
08-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Roman Empire

noricum
08-31-2014, 10:53 AM

“Hail Alexander!” you shout at the top of your Ancient Greek-loving lungs. You’re cultured and philosophical – and maybe a bit vain – yet not afraid to get down and bloodied in the name of territorial glory. From the Balkans to the Stans, the Nile to the Indus, your megalomania knows no bounds. And while reciting poetry in a toga and waxing lyric about the freedom-espousing ideas of Cleisthenes, you could just as equally be ordering the sacking of a foreign capital and the enslavement of its people

templumForasticus
08-31-2014, 10:55 AM
China & Bizantine empire.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-31-2014, 11:03 AM
some bullshit... was hoping for phonecian/ carthagenian or moor
http://s27.postimg.org/sfr8ee7jn/bandicam_2014_08_31_07_02_01_116.jpg

albosomething
08-31-2014, 11:04 AM
Persian Empire

Welcome to the Achaemenid Dynasty, you closet Zoroastrian, you! You’re spiritual, and also arty, and lover of fine wine poetry. Like Cyrus the Great, you harbor a lust for territorial vastness – not even eight million square kilometers across three continents is enough for you. Yet despite your expansionist ambitions, you’re tolerant of other people’s faiths, and believe strongly in the concept of human rights. “Free the Jews!” you’d proclaim, though admittedly your benevolence wouldn’t extend to those awful ancient Greeks. There are limits.

Immortal Technique
08-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Persian Empire

cally
08-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Persian Empire

albosomething
08-31-2014, 11:12 AM
2 pages no one said persian empire, i do and 2 others follow , coincidence ? I think not

Übermensch
08-31-2014, 11:20 AM
Roman empire for sure.

Bloodnigger
08-31-2014, 11:22 AM
2 pages no one said persian empire, i do and 2 others follow , coincidence ? I think not

I got persian on 2nd try.

Inb4 I'm albanian with delivery ancestry.

Hithaeglir
08-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Ancient Greeks-Macedonian Empire.

Casandrinos
08-31-2014, 11:47 AM
Phoenician Empire?

The shitty Jews did this

Graham
08-31-2014, 11:49 AM
Ancient Egypt

Welcome to Ancient Egypt, O Pharaoh wannabee, decked out in your crown, khat, kinky beard, stern staff and sexy regal kilt. Cultured, technologically astute and spiritual, you’d build monuments that’d last millennia, and otherwise lap up the pharaonic privileges of having grapes fed to you, ferns waved over you, and other elitist delights. And what about the elephantine camel in the room? Only the death of your first-born would ever stop you from your infamous proclivity for slavery.

Petalpusher
08-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Phoenician. I didn't sign up for this.

Longbowman
08-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Rome.

armenianbodyhair
09-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Ancient Greeks-Macedonian Empire.

Me too. LOL.

Hithaeglir
09-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Me too. LOL.

Shall we split the empire? :P

Geni
09-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Illyrians

Armand_Duval
12-15-2014, 01:57 AM
Phoenician Empire.

Not good for a guy who runs a forum with a Latin name and a Roman theme.

Feel envy.

Roman Empire.

Collide
02-15-2015, 05:12 AM
Babylonian Empire

By the rivers of Babylon, there you’d want to sit, indulging your perverted pleasures and grandiose plans of conquering the region. Like the mighty Babylonians, much maligned in the Abrahamic tradition as excessive and obscene, you don’t think that there’s anything wrong with paying disproportionate attention to statues, even offering them food and wiping their mouths after they have their fill. And your favorite wonder of the ancient world? Why, the Hanging Gardens, of course!

Pinatèu
02-15-2015, 05:30 AM
Ancient Greeks - Macedonian Empire.

Fits me, I guess.

Unome
02-15-2015, 05:33 AM
Couple weeks ago, before I had to shave my beard, a guy told me I look like a Roman senator… so that answers that question.

Styrian Mujo
02-15-2015, 05:38 AM
Kingdom of David.

FeederOfRavens
02-15-2015, 06:07 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/16ca0qt.png

FeederOfRavens
02-15-2015, 06:07 AM
edit

Desaix DeBurgh
02-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Roman Empire

http://www.kingsacademy.com/mhodges/11_Western-Art/08_Roman/Roman-Coliseum_AD-70.jpg

Raven_
02-15-2015, 06:25 AM
I got Persian empire.

Desaix DeBurgh
02-15-2015, 06:26 AM
I added that picture of the roman architecture, myself, because I couldn't get the the one at the original website to load.

Herr Abubu
02-15-2015, 06:27 AM
Mauryan Empire, India

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/6283c55d-3ac9-43b4-873a-da1912336097/6fe91eee-eae4-415b-9eb4-b2e7a9714056.jpg

“Buddhism for one, Buddhism for all!” you’d proclaim, like Ashoka the Great, after witnessing firsthand the true human toll of war in assembling your sprawling empire. For amid your ferocity and territorial zeal, you cannot escape your inner calling to spread wisdom and compassion throughout the expanses of your realm, going so far as to enforce state vegetarianism and effecting a spiritual revolution on a continental scale.

Take the Iron Pill.

AverageKorhonen
02-15-2015, 06:32 AM
Kingdom of David

An ardent monotheist through and through, that’s you, your ultimate Jewish idol King David, uniter of tribes, slayer of giants and restorer of glory. “Down with the enemies of the Nation of Israel, and any other paganistas polluting the planet!” you’d bellow from your palace in your glorious capital, Jerusalem. And no matter how lonely it can get being the only non-idol worshipper in the room, you wouldn’t swap your chosenhood – nor lack of foreskin – for anything.

LouisFerdinand
03-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Babylonian Empire

Al-Meksiki
03-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Persian Empire

MinervaItalica
03-08-2017, 09:04 PM

http://www.loren-jim.com/Mediterranean/Erechtheum-1.jpg

Norka
03-08-2017, 09:05 PM
This question doesn't make sense! What do you mean what empire am I? I'm not an Empire!

MinervaItalica
03-08-2017, 09:08 PM
This question doesn't make sense! What do you mean what empire am I? I'm not an Empire!

Probably it means in which empires you fit better.

Bogdan
08-11-2018, 09:50 PM
Roman Empire

magyar_lány
08-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the Achaemenid Dynasty, you closet Zoroastrian, you! You’re spiritual, and also arty, and lover of fine wine poetry. Like Cyrus the Great, you harbor a lust for territorial vastness – not even eight million square kilometers across three continents is enough for you. Yet despite your expansionist ambitions, you’re tolerant of other people’s faiths, and believe strongly in the concept of human rights. “Free the Jews!” you’d proclaim, though admittedly your benevolence wouldn’t extend to those awful ancient Greeks. There are limits.

İrle
08-11-2018, 09:54 PM

:cry2 :cry2 :cry2

magyar_lány
08-11-2018, 09:58 PM
:cry2 :cry2 :cry2

Please don't cry. :)

Ülev
08-11-2018, 10:01 PM
:picard2: shieet , will better not publish

The Blade
08-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Babylonian empire and I know why :D :
"By the rivers of Babylon, there you’d want to sit, indulging your perverted pleasures and grandiose plans of conquering the region. Like the mighty Babylonians, much maligned in the Abrahamic tradition as excessive and obscene, you don’t think that there’s anything wrong with paying disproportionate attention to statues, even offering them food and wiping their mouths after they have their fill. And your favorite wonder of the ancient world? Why, the Hanging Gardens, of course!"

GreentheViper
08-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Phoenician

Gwydion
08-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Mauryan Empire, India

Kivan
08-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Roman Empire.

"Welcome to Imperium Romanum, fellow lover of wine, literature, urban planning and cutting-edge military technology. You’re cosmopolitan and super-organized, adventurous and don’t shirk from a fight. As for religion, you mix and match, though in your later years you may settle down with just one god. And while not as sordid as your ancient Greek ancestors, you definitely aren’t prudish – a good old-fashioned orgy never killed anyone."

mashail
08-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Babylonian empire .
"By the rivers of Babylon, there you’d want to sit, indulging your perverted pleasures and grandiose plans of conquering the region. Like the mighty Babylonians, much maligned in the Abrahamic tradition as excessive and obscene, you don’t think that there’s anything wrong with paying disproportionate attention to statues, even offering them food and wiping their mouths after they have their fill. And your favorite wonder of the ancient world? Why, the Hanging Gardens, of course!"

Westbrook
08-12-2018, 09:17 PM
http://cdn3.playbuzz.com/cdn/6283c55d-3ac9-43b4-873a-da1912336097/a2344bf5-8058-45e4-8c54-1af19b140735.jpg
Babylonian EmpireBy the rivers of Babylon, there you’d want to sit, indulging your perverted pleasures and grandiose plans of conquering the region. Like the mighty Babylonians, much maligned in the Abrahamic tradition as excessive and obscene, you don’t think that there’s anything wrong with paying disproportionate attention to statues, even offering them food and wiping their mouths after they have their fill. And your favorite wonder of the ancient world? Why, the Hanging Gardens, of course!

Asheffar
08-12-2018, 09:27 PM

RenaRyuguu
07-28-2019, 03:11 PM
Atlantis

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a0684296a26f537f27b26635877f5aec/tumblr_n3dyh37X3d1s693wso10_r1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c5818d9bcfd9bc264251209eb0a19873/tumblr_mjmng6eThI1qlsfv0o8_250.gif

https://68.media.tumblr.com/a8f9c80f8f72d631c29a6a6e4a81eae9/tumblr_nkm9paiE5h1tlcar6o9_500.gif

Laputa

https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/image/RV=1/RE=1564412861/RH=b3JkLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpw/RB=/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvUVl5Rmg 1MFlBcUM0MC9naXBoeS5naWY-/RS=%5EADBY4dkIW42ALSAZq7hVptDoCjZjdo-;_ylt=A2Riol89uj1drEMApAyU3uV7;_ylu=X3oDMTAyN3Vldm c1BDAD;_ylc=X3IDMgRmc3QDMQRpZHgDMARvaWQDQU5kOUdjUU s0ZTF2R1hvRmRTeTJxenA1bjhvNHU4eFpQc1REU0lNb0VuLTdU cU9pdUZERno0RUlXbE5wBHADYkdGd2RYUmhJR05oYzNSc1pTQn BiaUIwYUdVZ2MydDVJR2RwWmctLQRwb3MDMgRzZWMDc2h3BHNs awNzZnN0BHR1cmwDaHR0cHM6Ly9tc3AuYy55aW1nLmpwL3lqaW 1hZ2U_cT1kRmtVcEZ3WHlMSGZUNkdCVjVZVDg1bDBNS3dKMnRy bExlbHdBRms0dmFTWWJwTENuUTk4bkh1Wlc4WHJSU1ZqbHVOVW phTTVQOVhORHQwdE84OGQwYlBtbFc4N0FkblhmYnprNkI1ZWVK R3RmNFNDZnJuWDduZ004bEx3ejBWVVBFSHp6cnZHd2tpSjg5a2 kmc2lnPTEzNzNhbHQwMQ--

https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/image/RV=1/RE=1564412861/RH=b3JkLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpw/RB=/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly9pLmdpZmVyLmNvbS9ISFJWLmdpZg--/RS=%5EADBwETjWHCHcPKaatbMZR.McK4kn64-;_ylt=A2Riol89uj1drEMAqwyU3uV7;_ylu=X3oDMTAyN3Vldm c1BDAD;_ylc=X3IDMgRmc3QDMARpZHgDMARvaWQDQU5kOUdjUj dxSUxOUURHdDdERVppM2czUGdnNU03cUlRb3FKVDM4cFZBU1lt Mzl0Njg0MFAtQVZ0QWp4a3RvBHADYkdGd2RYUmhJR05oYzNSc1 pTQnBiaUIwYUdVZ2MydDVJR2RwWmctLQRwb3MDOQRzZWMDc2h3 BHNsawNzZnN0BHR1cmwDaHR0cHM6Ly9tc3AuYy55aW1nLmpwL3 lqaW1hZ2U_cT1tRlprSVBFWHlMRUlKX3NDMXFsXzdIQXVtWE9j czJoaGNfSS4ybU1BdUt6bGpLMm5sMHp5Vngzc19IbkhwdDdLQm ZWQzdCdWdHNFVmc3d5MmQwcmw1enJyX0NwcjZxQk54dVVDOFpY WlcwMF9JSllqenBCTzZZdE5aN1VPZ0tleE4wbFFWd1V5R2wzZj lURm5lZy0tJnNpZz0xMzhyNTNkdTE-

https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/image/RV=1/RE=1564412862/RH=b3JkLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpw/RB=/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly82Ni5tZWRpYS50dW1ibHIuY29tLzllZTEyYmI yZGVkNDRjMzZjMWEzMmM0MTRmMGIwMzMxL3R1bWJscl9waWo2N zZ2U0lnMXJmMXZmZG8xXzQwMC5naWY-/RS=%5EADBB85inekCa7stlS8v4.SNunlNIN8-;_ylt=A2RinFQ9uj1dnF8A3RCU3uV7;_ylu=X3oDMTAyN3Vldm c1BDAD;_ylc=X3IDMgRmc3QDMARpZHgDMARvaWQDQU5kOUdjUk E0VTdLdUtNQ2VBQjVTSWF4YnhLTnFnWnJMWElpR3NHVEY3ZDQ3 b2dWTmZWMVBRRkcxZ2NQZkhzBHADYkdGd2RYUmhJR05oYzNSc1 pTQnBiaUIwYUdVZ2MydDVJR2RwWmctLQRwb3MDMjIEc2VjA3No dwRzbGsDc2ZzdAR0dXJsAw--

https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/image/RV=1/RE=1564412862/RH=b3JkLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpw/RB=/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly90aHVtYnMuZ2Z5Y2F0LmNvbS9OaXBweURhcml uZ0FtZXJpY2FuYml0dGVybi1zaXplX3Jlc3RyaWN0ZWQuZ2lm/RS=%5EADBJ8KT._xATOl.3peObMMm1t1GmHI-;_ylt=A2RinFQ9uj1dnF8A3xCU3uV7;_ylu=X3oDMTAyN3Vldm c1BDAD;_ylc=X3IDMgRmc3QDMARpZHgDMARvaWQDQU5kOUdjU1 J6X1pROTEwRXdkUnVuM0c5V19JNUx1M3ZFbE1hUWQ1dE5wN3VE VjI2SElHTVlTYVlUcUlMbXR3BHADYkdGd2RYUmhJR05oYzNSc1 pTQnBiaUIwYUdVZ2MydDVJR2RwWmctLQRwb3MDMjQEc2VjA3No dwRzbGsDc2ZzdAR0dXJsAw--

https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/image/RV=1/RE=1564412862/RH=b3JkLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpw/RB=/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnBpbmltZy5jb20vb3JpZ2luYWxzLzViLzc yLzA4LzViNzIwOGU5NTlkOTMzYTlhMjliNWViZTZjZDJiMGQ2L mdpZg--/RS=%5EADB48a6rMEkJwUci.yB4qoi9IFf44o-;_ylt=A2RinFQ9uj1dnF8A4RCU3uV7;_ylu=X3oDMTAyN3Vldm c1BDAD;_ylc=X3IDMgRmc3QDMARpZHgDMARvaWQDQU5kOUdjUz BDX0VucEVady05cHFRZU53N1Fudnl3MVM0NzhhOHNvZFV3eVlr M1ZIUU9xWEd1NkhNZDhKdVEEcANiR0Z3ZFhSaElHTmhjM1JzWl NCcGJpQjBhR1VnYzJ0NUlHZHBaZy0tBHBvcwMyNgRzZWMDc2h3 BHNsawNzZnN0BHR1cmwD

Tesla

http://33.media.tumblr.com/df43c5341db1f2c9b8314db6907c5fbf/tumblr_nahigwzu991ry46hlo1_500.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/L3RkhmK4e5jFe/source.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2t24apFHp1r94e9jo1_500.gif

https://media1.tenor.com/images/34da8b7d4202a0c1c0954d8b61b4dc89/tenor.gif?itemid=4006319

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7Hg_z21DLfA/Ulyul10RkoI/AAAAAAAAGNw/yhYaDeMB9U4/s1600/Animated+Waterfall.gif

itilvolga
07-28-2019, 03:19 PM

“Hail Alexander!” you shout at the top of your Ancient Greek-loving lungs. You’re cultured and philosophical – and maybe a bit vain – yet not afraid to get down and bloodied in the name of territorial glory. From the Balkans to the Stans, the Nile to the Indus, your megalomania knows no bounds. And while reciting poetry in a toga and waxing lyric about the freedom-espousing ideas of Cleisthenes, you could just as equally be ordering the sacking of a foreign capital and the enslavement of its people.

Celestia
03-19-2020, 05:01 AM

The Lawspeaker
03-19-2020, 05:10 AM
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/2012/12/carthage.jpg

Phoenician Empire

Yeah... duh.. when this is the blood that is flowing through your veins:

https://isgeschiedenis.nl/sites/isgeschiedenis.nl/files/styles/detailpag/public/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/amsterdamse-haven-2_0.jpg

https://hart.amsterdam/image/2015/8/12/sail_2015_1_foto_1.jpg%28mediaclass-fancybox.c6510c0e15414667d97bb714e21d090f477317ed% 29.png

PaleoEuropean
03-19-2020, 05:14 AM
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/2012/12/carthage.jpg

Phoenician Empire

One of the most underrated

The Lawspeaker
03-19-2020, 05:16 AM
One of the most underrated

In a way, the Dutch (and Norwegians, Danes, Faroese, Brits and Portuguese) are the Phoenicians of our era. It's a maritime nation among maritime nations.

PaleoEuropean
03-19-2020, 05:19 AM
In a way, the Dutch (and Norwegians, Danes, Faroese, Brits and Portuguese) are the Phoenicians of our era. It's a maritime nation among maritime nations.

Very true, there are a lot of similarities even in the way that we have colonized areas for trade rather than all out conquest.

The Lawspeaker
03-19-2020, 05:22 AM
Very true, there are a lot of similarities even in the way that we have colonized areas for trade rather than all out conquest.

Just get yourself a couple of strategically placed coastal outposts, subvert the local rulers and let them do the work for you. Both Dutch and British only went really into actually conquering and colonising areas when there were other big powers in the area and neither didn't appreciate competition. Like the Dutch: we removed both English and Portuguese outposts from Indonesia and then either subverted or.. err. replaced the local rulers and if need be populations (hello, Banten...) and only really took over the place when others took an interest in "our" spices.

Terminator98
03-19-2020, 05:59 AM
Roman Empire

Welcome to Imperium Romanum, fellow lover of wine, literature, urban planning and cutting-edge military technology. You’re cosmopolitan and super-organized, adventurous and don’t shirk from a fight. As for religion, you mix and match, though in your later years you may settle down with just one god. And while not as sordid as your ancient Greek ancestors, you definitely aren’t prudish – a good old-fashioned orgy never killed anyone. (lol, good one)

Kyp
03-19-2020, 06:41 AM

Adamm
03-19-2020, 07:09 AM
Babylonian Empire

Impaler
03-19-2020, 07:15 AM
Roman Empire.

Cumansky
03-19-2020, 07:51 AM
Babylonian

Blondie
03-19-2020, 09:11 AM
I got Ancient Greeks – Macedonian Empire :)

Hapanuwa
03-19-2020, 05:23 PM
Babylonian Empire

Aileron
03-19-2020, 05:27 PM
Scythians

Ford
03-19-2020, 05:30 PM
I have three active adblockers and I'm not turning them off for a quiz.

Nassbean
03-19-2020, 05:37 PM
persian empire

gixajo
03-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Roman Empire

https://i.imgur.com/W0e9RPH.jpg

Bosniensis
03-19-2020, 05:41 PM
I have three active adblockers and I'm not turning them off for a quiz.

thanks for noting that, you saved me 9 seconds of time. Cheers.

Benim
04-04-2020, 01:04 AM
Babylonian empire.