PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Video or Set Music Which Inspires You.

Beorn
01-11-2009, 10:37 PM
I thought it would be interesting to see what people on the Apricity find inspirational, comforting perhaps, or at least confidence boosting when the levels are depleted.

I have chosen Carl Sagan's 'The Pale Blue Dot' as I feel that his video (or at least his narration), captures exactly my lowest moments when I feel politics, emotion and ego have taken over my core values, and it rises me to realise that perhaps we are all really just an insignificant part of a greater scheme and all have an achievement that is being missed.

Carl Sagan - The Pale Blue Dot

Psychonaut
01-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Being a musical person, I get most of my inspiration from the West's great musicians and composers. Probably the most inspirational piece I can imagine is the second movement of Brahms' Ein Deutsches Requiem, particularly about 3 min. into the first part:

Part 1

Part 2

Beorn
01-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Arcade Fire - "My body is a cage".

Pyp34v6Lmcc

:thumb001:

WARNING: This will potentially spoil the end of Sergio Leone's "Once Upon a Time in the West". If you do not want to know what happens, do not watch the video clip.

Lady L
01-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I absolutely love this sound...its good for the soul...:D

Celtic Woman-The Butterfly

OXanHvrjQO0

Lady L
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Here's another good sound...especially for us Irish blooded...:D

I'm shipping up to Boston-Dropkick Murphys

x-64CaD8GXw

Sol Invictus
01-12-2009, 12:21 AM
X6irRIzWIV8

Smaland
11-17-2014, 03:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HhXOz0EsP0

Although the video content is certainly interesting, it's the soundtrack that I find inspirational. It's the kind of music that can give you the fortitude to keep putting one foot in front of the other when life has become something of a hard slog.

Gustave H
11-17-2014, 03:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZdhfVDqJnE This is just one example of many speeches by Adolf Hitler that inspire me, and simply make me happy to watch.