PDA

View Full Version : Eye Types

Reinhard
03-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Who can explain?What is the orginal eye type of the european people?
How many eye types exist in the anthropologically classify?

Agrippa
03-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I would rather speak of eye traits.

Typical classic Europid traits are a straight or external downward going eyes (upward, slanted eyes being untypical), a very open eye or one with a medium or external, never internal eyefold (epicanthus).

Wide, rather higher-rounder orbits, more common among Aurignacoid/Nordid-Suedeuropid, small, rectangular orbits, more common among Cromagnoid and derivative types.

Eyeballs and eyes being not too big or forward positioned, so Basedowoid eyes are less common than f.e. among Negroids and even if present, they are usually still deeper set than in those, both because of the forehead and the cheekbones too.

Position of the eye is rather deep, also because of the compressed, backward positioned cheekbones - a trait more pronounced in Nordid-Suedeuropid/Aurignacoid than Cromagnoid.

Eyes being close to each other, small intraorbital distance to medium one etc.

Sum it up, you get some typical eye forms and those which are not typical.

Stefan
03-08-2010, 09:22 PM
How would heavy weight, excess skin, and nasal index affect eye shape? By that I mean, some people seem to have more "excess skin" and if they have a low nasal bridge(or even if it is high) that skin tends to be more present around the eyes causing a semblance of folds and it could change the shape. The same thing with weight. It is hard for me to explain. I tend to notice it more in aged people.

Reinhard
03-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Agrippa could you classify my type?

http://i49.tinypic.com/4htmu.jpg

Agrippa
03-09-2010, 04:45 PM
How would heavy weight, excess skin, and nasal index affect eye shape? By that I mean, some people seem to have more "excess skin" and if they have a low nasal bridge(or even if it is high) that skin tends to be more present around the eyes causing a semblance of folds and it could change the shape. The same thing with weight. It is hard for me to explain. I tend to notice it more in aged people.

What you mean is not primarily related to body weight, though it can be to a certain degree, but more to the kind of eyefolds common in Europid variants, namely median and external.

Quite often weak median or extrenal folds get heavier in age and can hang much lower, even pseudo-Mongoliform, but usually then the exact opposite of Mongoloids is true, namely the internal part of the eye being free.

Agrippa could you classify my type?

More pictures could help, but my first impression is that its an average Europid eye with a medien eyefold and somewhat lower orbita. Nothing really specific so to say for a racial specification. Fold might get stronger in age, though I can't say for sure.

Pallantides
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
From my own observation downturned eyes seem more common in the southern parts of of Western and Central Europe, while straight and even sometimes upward, slanted eyes more common in Northerners(Scandinavians and Finns) and North East Europeans.

Agrippa
03-09-2010, 05:57 PM
From my own observation downturned eyes seem more common in the southern parts of of Western and Central Europe, while straight and even sometimes upward, slanted eyes more common in Northerners(Scandinavians and Finns) and North East Europeans.

Thats true, but its usually related to other deviating traits we might call "Uralic" and its not a trait common in classic Europids. All basic Nordeuropids have straight or downturned eyes, Nordid and Dalofaelid, usually Alpinoids and Borreby variants too, even most Westbaltid and Baltid proper. Its usually more common among Lappid, Eastbaltid and generally Mongoloid (especially Tungo-Sibirid) influenced people.

Some studies say externally upward going eyes, at least if its just slight, being more attractive in females, ("cats eyes") and vice versa for downturned ones. In males there might be no or the opposite effect I guess. It seems that most progressive and rather mature racial forms, especially those which are more masculine, tend to have straight or down going eyes, especially among Europids.

Reinhard
03-09-2010, 07:55 PM
More pictures could help, but my first impression is that its an average Europid eye with a medien eyefold and somewhat lower orbita. Nothing really specific so to say for a racial specification. Fold might get stronger in age, though I can't say for sure.

Maybe these pics could help you

http://i39.tinypic.com/5n5hj7.jpg

Agrippa
03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
You have a rather assymmetric external fold already, this is more common among Cromagnoids, but common among most Europid populations and types in at least a lower percentage.

Tabiti
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM
^ Quite typical brown male eyes.

Pallantides
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
My eyes:
http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/Pallantides/stuff/eyes.jpg

Tabiti
03-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I've only noticed that Meds tend to have larger eyes, more "almond" shaped, while Dinarids and Nordids have smaller ones. Does that make sense?

Father often says I had "Asian eyes". Don't know why in fact...

Agrippa
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
My eyes:
http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/Pallantides/stuff/eyes.jpg

Weak rest of a tendency towards an Epicanthus.

I've only noticed that Meds tend to have larger eyes, more "almond" shaped, while Dinarids and Nordids have smaller ones. Does that make sense?

Only as a tendency and primarily in the East that way. Nordids too have larger eyes than Cromagnoids though and are closer to Mediterranids, like with most morphological traits - even more so Dinaroids, which have sometimes even very large open eyes without an eyefold.

Father often says I had "Asian eyes". Don't know why in fact...

You have rather Suedeuropid than Cromagnoid eyes.

Asian in the sense of Mongoloid is not that much, at best the internal eye area going somewhat down, but overall the exact opposite of Mongoloid eyes, pure Nordid-Suedeuropid-Taurid eye variant.

poiuytrewq0987
03-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Only as a tendency and primarily in the East that way. Nordids too have larger eyes than Cromagnoids though and are closer to Mediterranids, like with most morphological traits - even more so Dinaroids, which have sometimes even very large open eyes without an eyefold.

You have rather Suedeuropid than Cromagnoid eyes.

Asian in the sense of Mongoloid is not that much, at best the internal eye area going somewhat down, but overall the exact opposite of Mongoloid eyes, pure Nordid-Suedeuropid-Taurid eye variant.

Where did you learn all that stuff? lol.

poiuytrewq0987
03-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Classify meh eyes!

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/innocent456/IMG00255.jpg?t=1268378751

Tabiti
03-12-2010, 07:19 AM
^Look like mine => Asian (Mongoloid) according to my father's great anthropological skills :D

Pallantides
03-12-2010, 07:23 AM

would you say my eyes are more southern or northern looking?

poiuytrewq0987
03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
^Look like mine => Asian (Mongoloid) according to my father's great anthropological skills :D

Your eyes are slightly slanted inwards but mine aren't though that may be implied in that picture...

This picture might be better.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/innocent456/IMG00264.jpg?t=1268383439

Agrippa
03-12-2010, 08:15 AM
would you say my eyes are more southern or northern looking?

Eastern-North Eastern rather. In that way rather Northern.

Your eyes are slightly slanted inwards but mine aren't though that may be implied in that picture...

Well, they look like open + deep + medium to rather low orbita. A combination which is very common in Europe, especially among Nordid and Atlantomediterranid - if adding nasal shape too.

Don
03-12-2010, 11:11 AM

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/innocent456/IMG00264.jpg?t=1268383439

You have the eyes of a good friend of me.

Reinhard
03-12-2010, 04:13 PM
You have a rather assymmetric external fold already, this is more common among Cromagnoids, but common among most Europid populations and types in at least a lower percentage.

Is that an european eye type and belongs to cromagnoids?

Agrippa
03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Is that an european eye type and belongs to cromagnoids?

Its an European eye variant which is somewhat more common in Europe among Cromagnoids, but appears in others too. If there are other Cromagnoid traits, it might serve as an additional argument so to say, especially if the orbits are very low and seem to be rather rectangular.

Stefan
03-14-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm bored and curious, so I'll give it a go too. What do you think my eyes are best described as? Slight-Moderate epicanthus? They seem somewhat oblique as well. I think they are quite odd.

Edit: And combined with my relatively weak and fleshy brow ridge, it gives even a weirder look.

Agrippa
03-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Well, it could be just individual variation and its not real epicanthus, but it looks somewhat similar to some individuals which have a very weakened, suppressed epicanthus which still influences the eye shape.

But your eyes are open, no real fold, its just the form of the eye itself rather than an epicanthic fold.

Don
03-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm bored and curious, so I'll give it a go too. What do you think my eyes are best described as? Slight-Moderate epicanthus? They seem somewhat oblique as well. I think they are quite odd.

Edit: And combined with my relatively weak and fleshy brow ridge, it gives even a weirder look.

You have the eyes of a deceased friend of mine. He was jew -something rare, me being friend of a jew as well as a jew in Spain nowadays-

Really really the same eyes. -nothing about the rest of your face, but the eyes- I would put here some pics but in respect to his memory I won't.