PDA

View Full Version : Romania is a Central European or a Balkan country?

Pages : [1] 2

TheForeigner
09-05-2014, 04:15 PM
I am simply asking about the geographic position of the country. Is it central,eastern or southeastern or balkan(thus also south european). I thnk ethnically and culturally it's mostly balkanic with some other minor influences. Geographically we are told it's in the southeast of central europe, thus a central european country. Remember it's north of the danube and half the carpathian mountains are in the middle of Romania and the country has less in common with the former soviet union,even geographically, not being a mere extension of the russo-ukrainian steppes.

turkojew
09-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Balkanian country with only House music and nice girls.

Alexandros
09-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Balkan country.

Aldaris
09-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Kind of a blend between east and southeast, while being southeast more than east.

Bloodnigger
09-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Wallachia always was it's springboard and core territory and that's geographically and culturally balkan/byzantine. The rest I'm not that sure about, like Transylvania.

Romanians are pretty based imo anyway. So there's no way the dudes who produced Michael the Brave and the Kebabisiser Vampire are anything but balkanoid.

Shkembe Chorba
09-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Haha.

turkojew
09-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Wallachia always was it's springboard and core territory and that's geographically and culturally balkan/byzantine. The rest I'm not that sure about, like Transylvania.

Romanians are pretty based imo anyway. So there's no way the dudes who produced Michael the Brave and the Kebabisiser Vampire are anything but balkanoid.

Wallachia also was a vassal state of Ottomans. Also Romania has a Turkish minority culturally and Turkified a little bit, just like other Balkanians.

Zmey Gorynych
09-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Geographically Romania is not balkan. Culturally it's between south-east and east with central european influences.

Xochi
Central European.

Grace O'Malley
Romania is a south-eastern European country. Where else would you put it?

TheForeigner
09-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Lol based, kebabisiser? Well the Balkan peninsula stops at the Danube, but culturally it is mainly balkan. Some here don't like it. The thing is the balkan peninsula or southeast europe are a part of southern europe and Romania goes to far north for that and is more of a''carpathian country''.

Myth
09-05-2014, 05:17 PM
That's a hard one, since my dads family immigrated from Romania, there's several elements to Romania that make them kind of stand out yet have similarities in some ways to all 3, Romanians speak a Latin language, the southern part it seems like more Romanians are darker and can look similar to Italians or I think sometimes similar to Greeks, yet I've seen some Romanians who have Asiatic features maybe turkic, it seems to the north, more slavic influence, and west slight Hungarian and German, I don't think there is an easy answer but I would say Romania to me probably feels more southeast European even though geographically it probably would not be considered part of the Balkans except the extreme southeast.

Smaug
09-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Balkan of course.

GERULA
10-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Romania is not a balkan country ...but of course the ones spreading the rumor would like it to be associated with that and thus lower the historical and geographical significance of Romania . The answer to the question is ...look at the map and learn geography ..and little history...and Voila ...Carpathian Country ...distinct ancient culture and traditions ...all the "balkanickies" are welcome to start screaming ...LOL

Tooting Carmen
10-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Balkan without doubt.

Vlach
10-09-2014, 10:29 AM
When I see this guys what think that we are balkan country...
We are Romania, we are not central, balkan... Transylvania is central Europe, S. Romania is balkan and North-East is East and all this make Romania special, not a Balkan country

cyrus
10-13-2014, 07:37 AM
I would call it a Bordeland Country because none of classical definitions (Balkanic, Eastern, or "Central" European) doesn't culturally, religious or ethnic could be applied 100%.

Ctwentysevenj
10-13-2014, 07:51 AM
I picked Eastern Europe, but I feel there is a bit of South east Europe/ Balkan and Central European elements in Romania.

wvwvw
10-13-2014, 08:48 AM
I picked Eastern Europe, but I feel there is a bit of South east Europe/ Balkan and Central European elements in Romania.

This.

Romania is mainly a Balkan country, meaning it shares many (mostly negative) characteristics with other Balkan countries which are typical of the region. Maybe when the economy of Romania improves, and Romanians become more prosperous that perception will change. Until then Romania remains awfully Balkan. The endemic corruption that can be seen in all Balkan countries, the poverty, the gypsy ghettos, the black economy, the illegal trade, even the turbo music, the turkish minorities are not things to be proud of, no wonder every Balkan country wants to rid itself of this label. In fact the term Balkan is only associated positively in Bulgaria and Albania. Serbs want to be Central European, Greeks would rather call themselves Southern Europeans, and Romanians would rather call themselves Germanic or Carpathian. Noone wants to be Balkan. (a turkish word btw)

blogen
10-13-2014, 09:35 AM
The Eastern European influence in the religion in Romania before the Balkanization (since 1945):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Greco-catolici_Romania_%281930%29.png

And now, the Transylvanian Romanians are religiously Balkanized:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Greco-catolici_Romania_%282002%29.png

The German and Hungarian minorities, the real Central/Eastern European elements in Romania:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Maghiarii_din_Romania_%282002%29.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Germanii_din_Romania_%282002%29.png

GDP per capita, Moldova is clearly part of Ukraine and Wallachia connected to the Balkan, only the traditionally rich ex Hungarian lands, the Bánát, Partium and the industrialized Central Transylvania is developed (except the capital and the oil counties):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Romania_-_Nominal_GDP_per_Capita_by_County.png

But the population in southern Transylvania are dominantly Balkanite Romanians. So finally this is the basic situation in Romania:
http://img.ie/t5q09.jpg

bimo
10-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Balkan. (a turkish word btw)

that's not sure

The region takes its name from the Balkan Mountains in Bulgaria and Serbia. It is believed the name was brought to the region in the 7th century by the Bulgars who applied it to the area, as a part of the First Bulgarian Empire. In Bulgarian language the word balkan (балкан) means "mountain".[8] It may have derived from the Persian bālkāneh or bālākhāna, meaning "high, above, or proud house."[9] The name is still preserved in Central Asia with the Balkan Daglary (Balkan Mountains)[10] and the Balkan Province of Turkmenistan. In Turkish balkan means "a chain of wooded mountains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans

Zmey Gorynych
10-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Here's the account of an actual historian (Nicolae Iorga) who tackled the subject in a short article by the title: Is Roumania a Balkan State?

In recent times the characterization of a Balkan country has too often been applied to Roumania. Mr. Maurice Pernot, and able French journalist, in a book just published on Southeastern Europe, groups Roumania with Greece, Yugoslavia and Bulgaria, as do the Italians, who have coined a new name, Balcania, and applied to all the old provinces of the Byzantine Empire on both the right and left banks of the Danube.

Where does the Balkan Peninsula begin? A comparison with the two other peninsulas of Southern Europe may help to answer the question. Spain begins at the Pyrennees; their continuation, the sierras, are merely the frontiers of her provinces. Italy begins at the Alps, with the Apennines forming the backbone of her body. In the third peninsula, the role of the Pyrenees and the Alps does not belong to the Carpathians - Central European mountains connected with Poland and Czechoslovakia and stretching with their prolongations toward the West - but to the particular peninsular mountains called the Balkans [the Turkish word for mountains]. The connection of the Balkans to the South with the Carpathians is interrupted at the Iron Gates by the Danube. The Rhodope Mountain is the only sierra continuing the Balkans to the south, while the Pindus may be considered the Apennines of the peninsula. This system of mountains - the Balkans, the Rhodope, the Pindus - makes all of the Pindo-Balkan provinces a separate unit quite distinct from Roumania, whose Moldavian plains extend toward the Russian steppes, and whose level Wallachian cornfields belong to the Danube Valley.
Etnographically, the differences are not so easily discernible, obscured as they are by some strong common elements. Both shores of the Danube shared the Thracian ancestry, the Greek influence in the vicinity of the Pontus, the Romanization of the people, the occupation of the Roman Empire, and the flood of the Slavonic invaders. But, to the North of the great river, other influences left their mark: that of the Scythians upon the Thracian Getae, especially in Moldavia, and that of the Germans upon Western Transylvania, the mountainous domain of the Dacians.

Historically, the Balkans were in possession of the Byzantine emperors. The later, Slavonic rulers - Bulgarian and Serbian - merely imitated the Byzantine system of government, not so highly centralized but nevertheless unified by the continuous influence of a central authority approximating the old imperial power. As for the Carpathians, they did not come under the pale of the Empire; nor was there any substitute to exercise a like influence.
While on the right bank of the Danube the cities continued to flourish as trading and religious centers, in the Roumanian lands across the river rural life came to be the sole remaining reality. The Roumanians peasants lived patriarchically in their scattered villages, each of which was autonomous. The most powerful of their dukes, at first mere leaders under whom the villagers organized themselves in time of war, became in due course a Domn, with authority over his subjects akin to that of the Byzantine rulers; but his domain was the Roumanian country in the strict national sense, and not the ambitious copy of the Eastern Roman Empire which the Balkan States had become. Between the Balkans and Roumania there could not have been a more strongly marked political contrast.
In the Balkans, upon the passing of the Christian régime to the Turks, the old system was preserved under the new masters without any essential change. But in Roumania the recognition of Turkish suzerainty by the princes of Moldavia and Wallachia did not connote a curtailment of their authority. These princes continued as the natural protectors of the Oriental Church, with the patriarchs of Antiochia, Jerusalem, Alexandria, and Constantinople ranging themsleves under their guidance. As the crowned heads of all Orthodoxy, they ruled unhampered by any immixture of Turkish authority, then limited to the fortresses of the Danube which were considered the possessions of the Sultans. Thus is explained why Turkish pashas commanded at Buda, but never in the Roumanian capitals, where the cross remained at the pinnacle of the political organization. And yet, historians continue to group the Romanians with the "Balkan Christians" who broke their fetters and became free at about the same time, as though Romanian freedom had ever been interrupted during the nearly five hundred years of vassalage under the Sultans.

SOURCE: Roumania - A Quarterly Review, Vol. VI, Number 1, 1930, p. 14.

I believe no sane individual would argue than Romania is geographically balkan. Iorga explained the differences from a historical point of view. In recent times Romania avoided the on thing that is quintessential to Balkans and that's war + ethnic cleansing that goes with it and the fragmentation of the state.

GERULA
10-13-2014, 11:44 PM
The Eastern European influence in the religion in Romania before the Balkanization (since 1945):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Greco-catolici_Romania_%281930%29.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Greco-catolici_Romania_%282002%29.png

The German and Hungarian minorities, the real Central/Eastern European elements in Romania:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Maghiarii_din_Romania_%282002%29.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Germanii_din_Romania_%282002%29.png

GDP per capita, Moldova is clearly part of Ukraine and Wallachia connected to the Balkan, only the traditionally rich ex Hungarian lands, the Bánát, Partium and the industrialized Central Transylvania is developed (except the capital and the oil counties):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Romania_-_Nominal_GDP_per_Capita_by_County.png

But the population in southern Transylvania are dominantly Balkanite Romanians. So finally this is the basic situation in Romania:

Another wet dream manufactured by the hungarian revisionist labs:) keep dreaming Blogen...and come back when you re done masturbating ;)

Black Wolf
10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Romania is a Balkan country geographically.

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Romania is a Balkan country geographically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans Nope. Look at the map.

SKYNET
10-14-2014, 10:00 AM
a member of Balkan fight club

Black Wolf
10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans Nope. Look at the map.

It is partially in the Balkans and partially Central Europe then.

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 10:26 AM
It is partially in the Balkans and partially Central Europe then.

Yes and I actually live in the only Balkan province of Romania: Dobruja. Like many people there, I also have mixed ancestry or am a ''mutt''.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Yes and I actually live in the only Balkan province of Romania: Dobruja. Like many people there, I also have mixed ancestry or am a ''mutt''.

Dobrogea is the only Balkan region from Romania, pure Balka, geographical, cultural, architectural, ethinc...

blogen
10-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Dobrogea is the only Balkan region from Romania, pure Balka, geographical, cultural, architectural, ethinc...

Since basically everything in the present Dobruca is Wallachian and Moldovan origin.

Drawing-slim
10-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Romania and Albania are the only two geographically Balkan countries that have a little bit of western Central European soul in them.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Romania and Albania are the only two geographically Balkan countries that have a little bit of western Central European soul in them.

:picard2:

TheForeigner
Since basically everything in the present Dobruca is Wallachian and Moldovan origin.

There are significant turko-tatar, gypsy and other small minorities(e.g. russian lipovans), plus many mutts and mongrels too.:) Turkish and gypsy influences are strongest here unfortunately. Even the manele(gypoffied turbofolk) is most popular here and I think started here.

Vlach
21 votes for Balkan, some of you really need to learn some general geography and some general things about european cultures

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 11:18 AM

Romania is motly not balkan geographically, but rather is culturally. Croatia and Slovenia have stronger western and central european influences.

Drawing-slim
10-14-2014, 11:20 AM
:picard2:makes sense that you don't know what the hell i'm talking about being an orthodox.

blogen
10-14-2014, 11:21 AM
There are significant turko-tatar, gypsy and other small minorities(e.g. russian lipovans), plus many mutts and mongrels too.:) Turkish and gypsy influences are strongest here unfortunately. Even the manele(gypoffied turbofolk) is most popular here and I think started here.

Where after hundred years of Romanian rule? Yes, the Turks and Tatars were the majority before the Romanian rule, but now, they do not exist basically there.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 11:21 AM
makes sense that you don't know what the hell i'm talking about being an orthodox.

So what? Half of Romania have big Western influences, you dont know what are you talking about...

Insuperable
10-14-2014, 11:25 AM
I am simply asking about the geographic position of the country. Is it central,eastern or southeastern or balkan(thus also south european). I thnk ethnically and culturally it's mostly balkanic with some other minor influences. Geographically we are told it's in the southeast of central europe, thus a central european country. Remember it's north of the danube and half the carpathian mountains are in the middle of Romania and the country has less in common with the former soviet union,even geographically, not being a mere extension of the russo-ukrainian steppes.

Romania isn't a Balkan country geographically imo since only a tiny bit is a part of Balkans. The question is whether Southeast Europe is more than just Balkans. This is what is written on Geography of Romania wiki page about location of Romania: Southeastern Europe, bordering the Black Sea and Danube, with the Carpathian mountains in its center. Controls most easily traversable land route between the Balkans, Moldova and Ukraine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Romania).

blogen
10-14-2014, 11:26 AM
So what? Half of Romania have big Western influences, you dont know what are you talking about...

Half of Romanians in the Western European Romanian diaspora maybe...

This is the sign of a small western influence only:

http://www.brigdens.com/957-thickbox_default/hugo-boss-blue-fine-stripe-suit.jpg

The Romanians have a small western influence, basically in their material culture is the are of this partial westernization. For example the Lebanese peoples, Beirut or Bucuresti are little more westernized than the country average, but the westernization in the rural regions are insignificant. Obviously Turkey is more westernized than Romania, because the huge and developed urban centers in Western Turkey.

Graus
10-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Eastern by any standard, Romanians are nothing like us. Hell, the Poles are easterners as well but still more central than Romania...

Rugevit
10-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Eastern by any standard, Romanians are nothing like us. Hell, the Poles are easterners as well but still more central than Romania...

If they look like Balkanites, behave like Balkanites, then they must be Balkanites. There's nothing eastern about them except for Orthodoxy. They are south-eastern.

Insuperable
10-14-2014, 11:39 AM
His question has to do with geography and nothing else. But, I mean, did he really have to open a thread about that!

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 11:41 AM

http://www.brigdens.com/957-thickbox_default/hugo-boss-blue-fine-stripe-suit.jpg

The Romanians have a small western influence, basically in their material culture is the are of this partial westernization. For example the Lebanese peoples, Beirut or Bucuresti are little more westernized than the country average, but the westernization in the rural regions are insignificant. Obviously Turkey is more westernized than Romania, because the huge and developed urban centers in Western Turkey.

Obviously Romania is not a western country in any strict or older sense, but you are putting to much importance or meaning in aspects that have to do with economic developement, infrastructure and government efficiency or level of corruption. Those are indeed the signs of a weak and corrupt society, which Romania is undoubtedly. But much better conditions in this respect don't make Turkey or Japan ''western'' or more european. Turkey also has much corruption, poverty and social inequality anyway. Let's not forget what bad builders they are too and how little they care for safety regulations. Each time there were eartquakes in Istanbul, much of the city fell in ruins.Also Romania does not have as much as you say in common culturallly with Turkey or Lebannon. Romania is still as much a european country as any other. Otherwise Japan is more european than any european country by your criteria.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 11:42 AM

I think you know that I dont care about Western civilization. But you are stupid and propagandistic.
This is how a romanian village from Transylvania looks

http://www.sibiu-turism.spider.justdesign.ro/UserFiles/photogallery/categories/ce-facem/activitati-sportive/cicloturism/traseu-cicloturistic-montan-fraga-rasinari/rasinari-1.jpg

Medgidia-Dobrogea

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8140/8699010260_e45b63ed45_b.jpg

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Romania isn't a Balkan country geographically imo since only a tiny bit is a part of Balkans. The question is whether Southeast Europe is more than just Balkans. This is what is written on Geography of Romania wiki page about location of Romania: Southeastern Europe, bordering the Black Sea and Danube, with the Carpathian mountains in its center. Controls most easily traversable land route between the Balkans, Moldova and Ukraine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Romania).

Hm, I never got why areas in the carpathians and north of the Danube would be considered southeastern and thus southern at all. Also Romania has non-balkanic historical and cultural connections too.

Rugevit
10-14-2014, 11:45 AM
His question has to do with geography and nothing else. But, I mean, did he really have to open a thread about that!

If it's a purely geographical concept, then Vilnius is the geographical centre of Europe and Romania is southern Europe relative to the geographic centre of Europe.

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 11:47 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medgidia Medgidia is a small town and not a village.

Graus
10-14-2014, 11:48 AM
If they look like Balkanites, behave like Balkanites, then they must be Balkanites. There's nothing eastern about them except for Orthodoxy. They are south-eastern.

You are aware, we dont destinguish between Eastern and Balkans right? Excluding the Greeks (Sorry Albania) we lump all the other with the Slavs together.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 11:48 AM
That's what I said, Romania is in middle of all, of Central Europe, Eastern and Balkan, we are not part of any block. But no one cares about what I say, people still spreading bullshits like Romania is a full Balkan country. :picard2:

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 11:51 AM
If it's a purely geographical concept, then Vilnius is the geographical centre of Europe and Romania is southern Europe relative to the geographic centre of Europe.

That is insane. Vilnius and Lithuania are too far north, to be central anything. And Romania is also too far north to be a southern european country.

Rugevit
10-14-2014, 11:53 AM
You are aware, we dont destinguish between Eastern and Balkans right? Excluding the Greeks (Sorry Albania) we lump all the other with the Slavs together.

Who is 'we'? Speak for yourself.

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 11:54 AM

What is wrong of being ''lumped'' with the slavs? And greeks are also balkanic, orthodox and eastern europeans. Only those ignorant of history would claim otherwise. Although I'd agree they are also mediterraneans and a bit different, from having some things in common with latin mediterraneans too and maybe more with turks than other non-muslim balkanics.

Rugevit
10-14-2014, 11:55 AM
That is insane. Vilnius and Lithuania are too far north, to be central anything. And Romania is also too far north to be a southern european country.

Depending on the borders of Europe the geographic centre of the content can be measured. Monument of the geographic European centre near Vilnius : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/35/CentreofEurope.jpg/255px-CentreofEurope.jpg

Graus
10-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Who is 'we'? Speak for yourself.

The common "Central Europeans". If my attitude may be ignorant is up to debate, whether its common around here is not....

Insuperable
10-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Hm, I never got why areas in the carpathians and north of the Danube would be considered southeastern and thus southern at all. Also Romania has non-balkanic historical and cultural connections too.

I don't understand either. It is also written there Romania is located at the intersection between Central Europe and Southeastern Europe.

And if that is it than this is that.

Rugevit
10-14-2014, 11:58 AM
The common "Central Europeans". If my attitude may be ignorant is up to debate, whether its common around here is not....

I don't think your attitude is ignorant. I think you are full of shit who is talking on behalf of "central europeans".

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Depending on the borders of Europe the geographic centre of the content can be measured.

The geographic center of Europe has been measured to be somewhere in the Western Ukraine. I doubt any geographic definition of Europe would exclude Scandinavia or any part of it. Lithuania is in Northern or Northeastern Europe. Culturally it might be more central, because of their catholicism and their historical links with Poland.

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
I don't think your attitude is ignorant. I think you are full of shit who is talking on behalf of "central europeans".

I think he means germans or central european germanics, when he says ''central europeans'', since he obviously lumps all slavs,romanians and albanians together as ''easterners'', just like nazis did and like many ignorant westerners who still have the cold war divide in their heads.

Rugevit
10-14-2014, 12:05 PM
The geographic center of Europe has been measured to be somewhere in the Western Ukraine. I doubt any geographic definition of Europe would exclude Scandinavia or any part of it. Lithuania is in Northern or Northeastern Europe. Culturally it might be more central, because of their catholicism and their historical links with Poland.

Did you read the part "depending on the recognised borders of Europe ...? Western Ukrainians are eastern Orthodox and Greek Catholic. Originally all of them were eastern Orthodox, who were converted to Greek Catholicism after union of Brest in 1595 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_Brest

Insuperable
10-14-2014, 12:08 PM

I don't think anyone wants to go that far and define location of some country in that sense.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 12:09 PM

Poland = East ? :bored:

wvwvw
10-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Relax Eastern or Western European Romania is still European. Being Eastern European does not make you less European. Romania, Poland etc simply had the misfortune to fall under Communist rule, and placing Romania more Western won't change that. Besides today the term East and West has become irrelevant, there's only One Europe.

Graus
10-14-2014, 12:18 PM
What is wrong of being ''lumped'' with the slavs? And greeks are also balkanic, orthodox and eastern europeans. Only those ignorant of history would claim otherwise. Although I'd agree they are also mediterraneans and a bit different, from having some things in common with latin mediterraneans too and maybe more with turks than other non-muslim balkanics.

Most Non-Slavs seem to be insulted when being lumped together with them, make of that what you want. Greece is certainly on the Balkans and also orthodox, they invented it after all. But what you may have in common the passed on to you, doesnt make them the same, especially since they are no slavs.

Sorry man, I was lying... you see we are really jelly of the awesomeness which is eastern Europe and basically learn everything that is to know about those totally not artificially and very significant nations. Did I mention you are awesome? Most of eastern Europe is also totally not like "Lesser Russia" to us.

Graus
10-14-2014, 12:19 PM

For us they are

Vlach
10-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Relax Eastern or Western European Romania is still European. Being Eastern European does not make you less European. Romania, Poland etc simply had the misfortune to fall under Communist rule, and placing Romania more Western won't change that. Besides today the term East and West has become irrelevant, there's only One Europe.

Dude, I hate Western Europe superior mentality.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Most Non-Slavs seem to be insulted when being lumped together with them, make of that what you want. Greece is certainly on the Balkans and also orthodox, they invented it after all. But what you may have in common the passed on to you, doesnt make them the same, especially since they are no slavs.

Sorry man, I was lying... you see we are really jelly of the awesomeness which is eastern Europe and basically learn everything that is to know about those totally not artificially and very significant nations. Did I mention you are awesome? Most of eastern Europe is also totally not like "Lesser Russia" to us.

Orthodoxism is the traditional christianity...

blogen
10-14-2014, 12:31 PM

There is definitely three Europe now, the Southern economic failure, the Eastern Russian threat and the Western US allies.

blogen
10-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Orthodoxism is the traditional christianity...

Yes, of the Oriens, since the traditional Christianity is not an European product.

Rugevit
10-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Sorry man, I was lying...

As if it wasn't obvious.

you see we are really jelly of the awesomeness which is eastern Europe and basically learn everything that is to know about those totally not artificially and very significant nations. Did I mention you are awesome? Most of eastern Europe is also totally not like "Lesser Russia" to us.

It's not going to add any credibility to your comments by speaking on behalf 120+ millions living in central Europe. Speak for yourself. An what "awesomeness " and "totally not like lesser Russia" have anything to do with the discussion? You were referred to the fact in south-eastern and north-eastern Europe different people with different cultures live. The same applies to north-western Europe and south-western Europe.

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Graus;3047875]Most Non-Slavs seem to be insulted when being lumped together with them, make of that what you want. Greece is certainly on the Balkans and also orthodox, they invented it after all. But what you may have in common the passed on to you, doesnt make them the same, especially since they are no slavs.

Romanians and albanians are not slavs either and you are not superior, just for being a german. Slavs are not inferior to any europeans either. You have nazioid retarded ideas and cliches in your head.

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 12:42 PM
As if it wasn't obvious.

It's not going to add any credibility to your comments by speaking on behalf 120+ millions living in central Europe. Speak for yourself. An what "awesomeness " and "totally not like lesser Russia" have anything to do with the discussion? You were referred to the fact in south-eastern and north-eastern Europe different people with different cultures live. The same applies to north-western Europe and south-western Europe.
What is your nationality?

blogen
10-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Obviously Romania is not a western country in any strict or older sense, but you are putting to much importance or meaning in aspects that have to do with economic developement, infrastructure and government efficiency or level of corruption. Those are indeed the signs of a weak and corrupt society, which Romania is undoubtedly. But much better conditions in this respect don't make Turkey or Japan ''western'' or more european. Turkey also has much corruption, poverty and social inequality anyway. Let's not forget what bad builders they are too and how little they care for safety regulations. Each time there were eartquakes in Istanbul, much of the city fell in ruins.Also Romania does not have as much as you say in common culturallly with Turkey or Lebannon. Romania is still as much a european country as any other. Otherwise Japan is more european than any european country by your criteria.

There is the surface and there is the soul above the surface. What is the more important? We talk about the westernization level of this surface and obviously Istambul is more Western and of course European than Bucuresti for example. Istambul or Beirut are a huge and rich metropolises, important trade centers with strong westernized culture and huge cultural richness, while Bucuresti is not. And Romania is almost clear analogy onto Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Israel or Serbia for example! Some clear similarity:

- the political elite are the product of the professional military-intelligence elite. Basically an early feudal styled noble order, the rulers of the arms and informations, what order constantly transformed the pure power the information onto a political and economical influence. (the West is meritocratic, while the Eurasian elite is identical with the economic oligarchy)

- the society is very primitive, basically religious based society. One society, one religion. The Islam, Judaism, Christianity and the Nationalism are these religions in the contemporary oriental countries. This attributes are the only centrifugal forces of these societies. (the Western society is extremly complex, while the Eurasian societies does not have any common thing now, because of the last common value's fall: the communism, what was a great faith for the peoples here and now we live in the age of the disappointment, this disappointment, the ultimate fragmentation of the masses is great help for the oligarchy in the rule over their societies).

- since they do not have other common values, so the basic value for the individuum is the blood, the familiy, the most primitive value, but the only existing value in this situation. The fundamentum of the corruption, the nepotism, the basic state of the oriental societies. (while the Western world is meritocratic and the Eurasian is a very corrupt version of the meritocracy: the rule of the oligarchy).

- etc., etc., etc.

This Balkanite/Oriental soul is totally strange for a German for example (even the Eurasian soul, for example the strangeness of the Poles, Russians, Hungarians for them!). But we Hungarians understand the Balkan, becuase of other reason (our Eurasian cultural connection, the state of the Eurasian societies), but we see the details of the strangeness better because of this proximity. And this is a very sharp difference between the Western and Balkanite world.

wvwvw
10-14-2014, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Graus;3047875]Most Non-Slavs seem to be insulted when being lumped together with them, make of that what you want. Greece is certainly on the Balkans and also orthodox, they invented it after all. But what you may have in common the passed on to you, doesnt make them the same, especially since they are no slavs.

Romanians and albanians are not slavs either and you are not superior, just for being a german. Slavs are not inferior to any europeans either. You have nazioid retarded ideas and cliches in your head.

Slavs get a lot of slander from Western Europeans because of the antagonism of Anglo-Saxons/USA vs Russia :shrug:

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Hm, there is much truth in what Blogen writes, but he exagerates the cultural proximity between balkanics and muslim orientals and israelis. Also I don't know about any such thing as ''eurasians''. Apparently now even poles are eurasian. Also I doubt Turkey is so superior to Romania and the Balkans, but has send so many millions of immigrants to Western Europe. The idea of Istanbul or Turkey and even Beirut being more european than Balkans and Romania is absurd and ridiculous, but otherwise he is right about the sorry state of corruption,crime,social inequality, poverty,bad government and backwardness in Romania,Balkans,former USSR and to a much lesser extent, most of East-Central Europe too.

Zmey Gorynych
10-14-2014, 03:04 PM
The quintessential balkan countries are Albania, Serbia and Bosnia. Bulgaria is 2nd, Greece and Croatia 3rd. Romania and Slovenia have only influences.

This has nothing to do with the bad connotation of the term balkan but everything to do with objective geographical, historical and cultural reality. Corruption, poverty, nepotism, etc. are not exclusive to Balkans.

What defines eastern europeans and what are the differences between them and south-eastern europeans? Lets see what you can come up with.

blogen
10-14-2014, 03:44 PM
The idea of Istanbul or Turkey and even Beirut being more european than Balkans and Romania is absurd and ridiculous

Jesus, what is the more European in Bucuresti? For example how many indigeneous premium chocolate manufacture existed in Istanbul and Bucuresti? I know this in Istanbul: Divan (http://www.divanpastaneleri.com.tr/index_en.html), Mabel (http://www.mabel.com.tr/), Delon (http://delon.com.tr/en/), etc., etc., etc. Or in Budapest: Rózsavölgyi (http://www.rozsavolgyi.com/), ChocoMe (http://www.chocome.hu/), Csokoládia (http://www.csokoladia.hu/), etc., etc., etc.

And there are lot of elite chocobars, gourmand shops,etc, where the best Hungarian and European merchandise is available. But what is the situation with the chokolate gourmand culture in Bucuresti? Since this is the western civilization bro! More punctually this is only an extremly small part and lot of this small part from the culinary things to the social culture is that complexity, what we called a civilization. The European civilization is hyperrich now, since this is an overripe civilization in the early time of the last and long decadent phase. The westernism have thousands and thousands material evidences in every western and westernized city and if you aggregate these signs then you can form an opinion about the westernization level of these cities. And this level in Bucuresti is very low, while in Istanbul is very high. Istanbul is close to Budapest in Europeanism, while Bucarest is very distant. But this is not surprise, since Istanbul is the only real metropolis in the Balkan region and the other cities are only the capitals of the provincialism. And these provinces are the fragments of the Balkan.

TheForeigner
10-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Jesus, what is the more European in Bucuresti? For example how many indigeneous premium chocolate manufacture existed in Istanbul and Bucuresti? I know this in Istanbul: Divan (http://www.divanpastaneleri.com.tr/index_en.html), Mabel (http://www.mabel.com.tr/), Delon (http://delon.com.tr/en/), etc., etc., etc. Or in Budapest: Rózsavölgyi (http://www.rozsavolgyi.com/), ChocoMe (http://www.chocome.hu/), Csokoládia (http://www.csokoladia.hu/), etc., etc., etc.

And there are lot of elite chocobars, gourmand shops,etc, where the best Hungarian and European merchandise is available. But what is the situation with the chokolate gourmand culture in Bucuresti? Since this is the western civilization bro! More punctually this is only an extremly small part and lot of this small part from the culinary things to the social culture is that complexity, what we called a civilization. The European civilization is hyperrich now, since this is an overripe civilization in the early time of the last and long decadent phase. The westernism have thousands and thousands material evidences in every western and westernized city and if you aggregate these signs then you can form an opinion about the westernization level of these cities. And this level in Bucuresti is very low, while in Istanbul is very high. Istanbul is close to Budapest in Europeanism, while Bucarest is very distant. But this is not surprise, since Istanbul is the only real metropolis in the Balkan region and the other cities are only the capitals of the provincialism. And these provinces are the fragments of the Balkan.

Istanbul is not all Turkey and the West is not all Europe.

blogen
10-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Istanbul is not all Turkey and the West is not all Europe.

No, but Bucuresti is the most Westernized part of Romania, so if -and this is fact- the other part of Turkey is definitely less westernized, than that is not an argument in here, because is true onto the Romanian populated parts of Romania also.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 04:39 PM
No, but Bucuresti is the most Westernized part of Romania, so if -and this is fact- the other part of Turkey is definitely less westernized, than that is not an argument in here, because is true onto the Romanian populated parts of Romania also.

Most westernized because? Cluj-Napoca,Timișoara,București,Iași are all the same shit.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Between Balkan and Eastern europe. Romania is foreign to Western civilization.

blogen
10-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Most westernized because? Cluj-Napoca,Timișoara,București,Iași are all the same shit.

No, since these were not Romanian cities originally (except Iasi), but Western cities, with absolute western majority before the Romanian occupation and the local non Romanian or old Transylvanian Romanian elements preserved many western or westernized cultural heritage. But this heritage are only a strange diasporic phenomenon in the contemporary highly Balkanized Transylvania and even in these cities, because of the settlements of the Balkanites settlers around these cities, since these settlers and their descendants are the new majority in these now only former western cities.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 04:55 PM
No, since these were not Romanian cities originally (except Iasi), but Western cities, with absolute western majority before the Romanian occupation and the local non Romanian or old Transylvanian Romanian elements preserved many western or westernized cultural heritage. But this heritage are only a strange diasporic phenomenon in the contemporary highly Balkanized Transylvania.

Lol, okay.... :picard2:

wvwvw
10-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Between Balkan and Eastern europe. Romania is foreign to Western civilization.

The fact that you know very little about Romania doesn't make Romania alien to Western civilization.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:04 PM
The fact that you know very little about Romania doesn't make Romania alien to Western civilization.

Romania, just like all the former communist block, is very alien to Western Civilization. I don't know a lot about Romania, but enough to see this as evident.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Romania, just like all the former communist block, is very alien to Western Civilization. I don't know a lot about Romania, but enough to see this as evident.

Yes, we dont care about faggots rights, so we are not western.

blogen
10-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Lol, okay.... :picard2:

This is the fact about Timisoara. This is a Balkanite city behind the sceneries of a former western city. These buildings are only occupied strange places for the settlers, since this was the German/Hungarian Temesvár:
http://www.jakadam.hu/01fenykepeim/ev2011/05erdely2011/kepek/05erdely2011-01_007.jpg

And this is the new Balkanite Temesvár:
http://www.alltouristattractions.org/ala/2012/10/Timi%C5%9Foara-Orthodox-Cathedral-Timi%C5%9FoaraRomania.jpg

This is their culture, the rebuilt and newly built Balkanite buildings, for example the Theater. This was the original western Francz Joseph theater (Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer) building in Temesvár:
http://www.banaterra.eu/magyar/opera-veche.jpg

And this is now, with the neo-Byzantine architecture (Duiliu Marcu) of the Romanian National Theater:
http://romaniancoins.org/anexe/timisoara_opera.jpg

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Yes, we dont care about rights, so we are not western.

Fixed. Perfect, you should tell your countrymen not to come to "faggotsrightsland", but sadly they all want to escape Romania :(

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:12 PM
This is the fact about Timisoara. This is a Balkanite city behind the sceneries of a former western city. These buildings are only occupied strange places for the settlers, since this was the German/Hungarian Temesvár:
http://www.jakadam.hu/01fenykepeim/ev2011/05erdely2011/kepek/05erdely2011-01_007.jpg

And this is the new Balkanite Temesvár:
http://www.alltouristattractions.org/ala/2012/10/Timi%C5%9Foara-Orthodox-Cathedral-Timi%C5%9FoaraRomania.jpg

This is their culture, the rebuilt and newly built Balkanite buildings, for example the Theater. This was the original western Francz Joseph theater (Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer) building in Temesvár:
http://www.banaterra.eu/magyar/opera-veche.jpg

And this is now, with the neo-Byzantine architecture (Duiliu Marcu) of the Romanian National Theater:
http://romaniancoins.org/anexe/timisoara_opera.jpg

Why you give me example the city where Im from :lol: ? You think I dont know? And yes, the new Opera face sucks, there's are discussions to change it. And I dont like at you because you think the balkanic people are inferior. And romanians are not balkan,eastern or central europeans, we have influences from all, Romania is the country/border between this 3 gropus.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:14 PM
Fixed. Perfect, you should tell your countrymen not to come to "faggotsrightsland", but sadly they all want to escape Romania :(

Sorry because Im homophobic, and I het this superior view of Western europeans about ex-communists countries.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Sorry because Im homophobic, and I het this superior view of Western europeans about ex-communists countries.

This "superior view" of Western Europeans towards former communist countries is totally justified, since we are superior.

blogen
10-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Why you give me example the city where Im from :lol: ? You think I dont know? And yes, the new Opera face sucks, there's are discussions to change it. And I dont like at you because you think the balkanic people are inferior. And romanians are not balkan,eastern or central europeans, we have influences from all, Romania is the country/border between this 3 gropus.

The Balkanite peoples are not inferior, only different. But lot of Balkanite peoples have inferiority complex, especially the Romanians, who deny their Balkanite reality and they dream about something else. Why do the Romanians hate themselves so much, that they want to be Western or Eastern European desperately? And why they do this on a schizophrenic way, with the oppression and removing of the European/Eastern European (German, Hungarian, Rusyn, etc.) culture from their country?

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:19 PM
This "superior view" of Western Europeans towards former communist countries is totally justified, since we are superior.

Okay, let us the inferior nations alone. Or try to learn something about us, and you will se that we had a lot of contribution for this continet ;)

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:21 PM
@Blogen.

Dead wrong.

Western Values and western culture is given by blood,more specifically by white blood.Have you ever seen an westernized african or arab country?I guess so.
Given this premise,how western can be Hungary?

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Okay, let us the inferior nations alone. Or try to learn something about us, and you will se that we had a lot of contribution for this continet ;)

We leave you alone, it is you who come en masse to the West. Nobody cares about Romania since there is nothing to learn from Romanians.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:22 PM
The Balkanite peoples are not inferior, only different. But lot of Balkanite peoples have inferiority complex, especially the Romanians, who deny their Balkanite reality and they dream about something else. Why do the Romanians hate themselves so much, that they want to be Western or Eastern European desperately? And why they do this on a schizophrenic way, with the oppression and removing of the European/Eastern European (German, Hungarian, Rusyn, etc.) culture from their country?

Dont know who are you talking about. But I dont deny the german,hungarian,russian influences. I wanted to show you some romanian dances whcih look like the hungarians one...
And you dont know me after all this months :( ? Im anti W. Europe superiority. I like Serbia,Russia culture's. I like Scandinavia. But we are not balkans, just because we have balkanic influences dont make us balkanic people...

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:22 PM
There are 2 things that make a nation:

Blood and Culture.
Culture can be learned but blood is inherited.
Blood is all that matters!Culture comes 2nd.

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:23 PM
We leave you alone, it is you who come en masse to the West. Nobody cares about Romania since there is nothing to learn from Romanians.

Considering the fact that you will be a muslim majority country by 2040 your opinion is irrevelant.

Linet
10-14-2014, 05:24 PM
First of all we put the standards about what is European on the wrong basis http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/mop-smiley.gif?1292867639.

Why European is what is common for Germany and France or Italy etc?
Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Serbia etc are European too, Europe isnt what is Catholic, nor what a German or a French knows as familiar.... Orthodoxy is also European, Europe has 3 main Christian faiths and many cultures. Romanians http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/dance-veild-smiley.gif?1292867580 may not know what Spaniards do http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/matador-smiley.gif?1292867636, so Spaniards arent Europeans? It doesnt work like that and i dont think that a European nation needs the approval of another in order its culture to be considered European....

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:24 PM
@Velaxa

Te rog sa taci,nu mai vorbi ca nu stii ce sa spui,te rog.

blogen
10-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Dont know who are you talking about. But I dont deny the german,hungarian,russian influences. I wanted to show you some romanian dances whcih look like the hungarians one...
And you dont know me after all this months :( ? Im anti W. Europe superiority. I like Serbia,Russia culture's. I like Scandinavia. But we are not balkans, just because we have balkanic influences dont make us balkanic people...

This is your lies only. Basically all of your folks cultural heritage and habit is Balkanite. Anything other is your self hating delusion.

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:27 PM
@Velaxa

Te rog sa taci,nu mai vorbi ca nu stii ce sa spui,te rog.

Ce am spus? Iară tu cu superioritatea catolicismului?

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:27 PM
This is your lies only. Basically all of your folks cultural heritage and habit is Balkanite. Anything other is your self hating delusion.

Tell me what is so balkanic at Iași

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:28 PM

Totally wrong.
It's good to see a nation potential by looking at it's contribution to the world
Compare ours:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Romanian_inventors_and_discoverers
With yours anyday.
Bare in mind that eastern orthodoxy is an handicap but you are catholic.
My premise confirms the reality,it is blood that makes nations,culture can be learned.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:28 PM
Considering the fact that you will be a muslim majority country by 2040 your opinion is irrevelant.

My opinion is very relevant since Romania is part of the Schengen area and they are immigrating to the West massively, so Romania became (sadly) our problem too. Us becoming a muslim majority is none of your concern, but you should be concerned about when Romania will stop being a third world country.

blogen
10-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Serbia etc are European too, Europe isnt what is Catholic, nor what a German or a French knows as familiar.... Orthodoxy is also European, Europe has 3 main Christian faiths and many cultures. Romanians may not know what Spaniards do, so Spaniards arent Europeans? It doesnt work like that and i dont think that a European nation needs the approval of another in order its culture to be considered European....

Orthodox Christianity is an Oriental cult. But yes, this is the real christianity. The Catholicism was the Europeanized wersion of this cult, since the Catholicism is the European Christianity, the Europeans version onto the Christianity. The Orthodoxy formed in the Oriens, in Jerusalem, Alexandria, Antiochia and of course in Consantinople, since Constantinople was never an European city, but the capital of an Oriental empire with small and unsignificant European dominions.

blogen
10-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Tell me what is so balkanic at Iași

The residents and their spirit.

wvwvw
10-14-2014, 05:31 PM
First of all we put the standards about what is European on the wrong basis http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/mop-smiley.gif?1292867639.

Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Serbia etc are European too, Europe isnt what is Catholic, nor what a German or a French knows as familiar.... Orthodoxy is also European, Europe has 3 main Christian faiths and many cultures. Romanians http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/dance-veild-smiley.gif?1292867580 may not know what Spaniards do http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/matador-smiley.gif?1292867636, so Spaniards arent Europeans? It doesnt work like that and i dont think that a European nation needs the approval of another in order its culture to be considered European....

Superior=higher standards of living, not superior in a civilizational level

Trun
10-14-2014, 05:31 PM
The poll should have an option "Depends on the region".

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:32 PM
The residents and their spirit.

This is not a good argument. And Iași is a true beautiful cultural city.

Linet
Orthodox Christianity is an Oriental cult. But yes, this is the real christianity. The Catholicism was the Europeanized wersion of this cult, since the Catholicism is the European Christianity, the Europeans version onto the Christianity. The Orthodoxy formed in the Oriens, in Jerusalem, Alexandria, Antiochia and of course in Consantinople, since Constantinople was never an European city, but the capital of an Oriental empire with small and unsignificant European dominions.

Oriental Christianity? Which oriental , non European, nations are Orthodox?

Because i can name many, non European, oriental :costumed-smiley-067 Catholic nations :fpope:

Vlachopat
My opinion is very relevant since Romania is part of the Schengen area and they are immigrating to the West massively, so Romania became (sadly) our problem too. Us becoming a muslim majority is none of your concern, but you should be concerned about when Romania will stop being a third world country.

Yes,we are effectively dumping our gypsies in a future 3rd world country by 2040.I can't see any problem with that,you will be dead anyway it is just a matter of time.It will be kinda sad to see allah-akbaring in Geneva but the swiss have made their choice.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:33 PM

Russia, Romania, Bulgaria, etc.

Linet
10-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Superior=higher standards of living, not superior in a civilizational level

I think she means both :chin:

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Yes,we are effectively dumping our gypsies in a future 3rd world country by 2040.I can't see any problem with that,you will be dead anyway it is just a matter of time.It will be kinda sad to see allah-akbaring in Geneva but the swiss have made their choice.

Thank you for proving my point about Romanians being a third world country with a third world mentality.

Trun
10-14-2014, 05:35 PM

These are Orthodox Christian, not Oriental Orthodox Christian.

An example of Oriental Orthodox are Armenians, Assyrians and Ethiopians.

Linet
10-14-2014, 05:36 PM

You see, let me correct you since it seems you lack knoweldge about the European borders and basic history....well, those are Europeans .....unlike the Hunnic descendants whose "European" roots can be discussed....

Vlach
10-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Thank you for proving my point about Romanians being a third world country with a third world mentality.

Learn some general things about Europe history and culture...

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:38 PM
You see, let me correct you since it seems you lack knoweldge about the European borders....well, those are Europeans .....unlike the Hunnic descendants whose "European" roots can be discussed....

They are geographically European, but not mentally nor in terms of civilization.

Vlachopat

Plain Logic:
Why would anyone try to prolong the suffering of a terminal ill patient?Doesn't matter how much time he will live,he will be dead anyway.

KawaiiKawaii
These are Orthodox Christian, not Oriental Orthodox Christian.

An example of Oriental Orthodox are Armenians, Assyrians and Ethiopians.

Oriental Christianity is associated with Orthodox Christians.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Learn some general things about Europe history and culture...

Already did, you are not Europeans, but europeans with a small e.

Linet
10-14-2014, 05:40 PM
They are geographically European, but not mentally nor in terms of civilization.

Their civilisation is European, just not the same as yours :noidea:
....Do you think that Greece and Finland share the same civilisation? Or Ireland with Italy? Or England with Chechs? Which one is less European?

They are all european and all together :grouphug: combine the big puzzle of European civilisation

blogen
10-14-2014, 05:41 PM
This is not a good argument. And Iași is a true beautiful cultural city.

Without European cityscape. But yes, partially European, the fragmented structure of the city is Eurasian, as the Russian or Central Asian cities. (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?124510-Doctor-from-Odessa-quot-Ukrainian-fascists-did-not-allow-to-help-the-wounded-during-the-fire-quot&p=2614477&viewfull=1#post2614477) Because Moldova was borderland between Eastern Europe (Eurasia) and the Balkan before the Romanian nationalist Balkanization process of their country.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Plain Logic:
Why would anyone try to prolong the suffering of a terminal ill patient?Doesn't matter how much time he will live,he will be dead anyway.

A terminally ill patient which sees masses of your countrymen coming here. Not that ill, apparently. Immigration is a problem (especially from your part of the world, not only Muslims), but it can be dealt with.

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Already did, you are not Europeans, but europeans with a small e.

http://www.30-days.net/muslims/muslims-in/europe/switzerland-zurich/

You know,you should buy a muslim veil.They won't be so kind to you when they will rule you.

Just saying...

blogen
Because i can name many, non European, oriental :costumed-smiley-067 Catholic nations :fpope:

The present Balkanite Orthodox peoples are only the insignificant residues of the once huge Orthodox world. The survivors of the northwestern Orthodox periphery.

wvwvw

Eastern Orthodoxity =/= Oriental Orthodoxity

The split between Eastern and Oriental Christianity took place in 500 AD while the split between Eastern Orthoxity and Catholicism took place in 1050, half a millenium later! The Eastern Orthodox Church has a lot more in common with the Catholic Church than people think.

Distribution of Oriental Orthodox Christians:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriental_Orthodoxy#/image/File:Oriental_Orthodoxy_by_country.png

Linet
10-14-2014, 05:44 PM
Oriental Christianity is associated with Orthodox Christians.

When Orthodox Christians had palases, culture and sciences, The Catholic Christians lived in hats, illiterate and under a catholic boot that prieched th science is magic. Sorry that i consider Orthodox Europe as the reason that you now have universities and a mouth wise enough to talk back like that.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:44 PM
Their civilisation is European, just not the same as yours :noidea:
....Do you think that Greece and Finland share the same civilisation? Or Ireland with Italy? Or England with Chechs? Which one is less European?

They are all european and all together :grouphug: combine the big puzzle of European civilisation

Czechs and Greece are also not really Europeans. The rest are somewhat still related, much more than any of them to Romania, Ukraine, etc.

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Without European cityscape. But yes, partially European, the fragmented structure of the city is Eurasian, as the Russian or Central Asian cities. (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?124510-Doctor-from-Odessa-quot-Ukrainian-fascists-did-not-allow-to-help-the-wounded-during-the-fire-quot&p=2614477&viewfull=1#post2614477) Because Moldova was borderland between Eastern Europe (Eurasia) and the Balkan before the Romanian nationalist Balkanization process of their country.

Dead wrong,please the old picture of Iasi before communism
https://www.google.ro/search?q=veil&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=jGA9VKmvJIzkaJ61gPAC&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1164&bih=848#tbm=isch&q=iasi+poze+vechi

95% of Moldavian and Wallachian Arhitecture was destroyed by jewish communists.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:46 PM
When Orthodox Christians had palases, culture and sciences, The Catholic Christians lived in hats, illiterate and under a catholic boot that prieched th science is magic. Sorry that i consider Orthodox Europe as the reason that you now have universities and a mouth wise enough to talk back like that.

Cool, what happened to you to become poor and uncivilized like that while we progressed?

blogen
10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
When Orthodox Christians had palases, culture and sciences, The Catholic Christians lived in hats, illiterate and under a catholic boot that prieched th science is magic. Sorry that i consider the Orthodox Europe as the reason that you now have universities and a mouth wise enough to talk back like that.

The medieval evolution of the European culture and the Orthodox world basically not connected or more punctually there was a weak connection in Italy and Hungary only.

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
http://www.30-days.net/muslims/muslims-in/europe/switzerland-zurich/

You know,you should buy a muslim veil.They won't be so kind to you when they will rule you.

Just saying...

Ok, what about Romanians staying on the topic, i.e. the non Europeannes but total thirdworldness of Romania?

Linet
10-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Cool, what happened to you to become poor and uncivilized like that while we progressed?

We are civilised and we definately know some history before we start making comments.
Culture = money http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-102.gif?1292792406? I see the level of culture here....you remind me of some peopel who consider that taste also can be bought with money and are wearing pink shoes and yellow jacket with green stripes thinking is high class just because they paid 1000 euros to buy them....

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:53 PM
We are civilised and we definately know some history before we start making comments.
Culture = money http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-102.gif?1292792406? I see the level of culture here....you remind me of some peopel who consider that taste also can be bought with money and are wearing pink shoes and yellow jacket with green stripes thinking is high class just because they paid 1000 euros to buy them....

Not really, you're not civilized. Money does not equal civilization, I've never said that. The rest of your comment has nothing to do with the subject.

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Ok, what about Romanians staying on the topic, i.e. the non Europeannes but total thirdworldness of Romania?

Culture can be changed.
As i specifically said earlier.Blood (Haplogroups,Ancestry,DNA) and Culture makes an nation.Culture can be changed in maximum 3 generations.We can always take care of the problem by mass-converting to catholicism or whatever protestant religion.

Now the fun part.Gypsies in Romania are decreasing due to immigration in western countries.Guess where they will go?
By 2040,who will chant allah akbar on the streets?
Bye Bye switzerland,i will miss you!

Linet
10-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Not really, you're not civilized. Money does not equal civilization, I've never said that. The rest of your comment has nothing to do with the subject.

We are not civilised? :blink: Nice arguement, i will use it too :chin: ...then i say....You are not civilised....:disapproving:
So who wins? :eyes

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Culture can be changed.
As i specifically said earlier.Blood (Haplogroups,Ancestry,DNA) and Culture makes an nation.Culture can be changed in maximum 3 generations.We can always take care of the problem by mass-converting to catholicism or whatever protestant religion.

Now the fun part.Gypsies in Romania are decreasing due to immigration in western countries.Guess where they will go?
By 2040,who will chant allah akbar on the streets?
Bye Bye switzerland,i will miss you!

Ok. So why are you not changing culture? The rest is usual nonsense.

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:57 PM
We are not civilised? :blink: Nice arguement, i will use it too :chin: ...then i say....You are not civilised....:disapproving:

Lol i'm roman-catholic and virtually all of us know that eastern-orthodoxy is the seed of the problems in Romania

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 05:57 PM

I win.

Linet
10-14-2014, 05:59 PM
I win.

Naaah lies.....
I win http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-142.gif?1292792416

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Ok. So why are you not changing culture? The rest is usual nonsense.

IT can be changed,all that matters is that it is possible.
Why are you not deporting the muslims?

KawaiiKawaii
10-14-2014, 06:05 PM

This is none of your concern as already said. Perfect, you should change your culture, the Western one is superior.

wvwvw
10-14-2014, 06:07 PM
The present Balkanite Orthodox peoples are only the insignificant residues of the once huge Orthodox world. The survivors of the northwestern Orthodox periphery.

The present Balkans and its sorry state are only insignificant residues of your beloved once huge *Ottoman* world. Ask Albanians, ask Bosnians and everyone else in the Balkans. That we survived against all odds is a miracle. You should be thanking us for defending Europe, even the Pope recognized this.

wvwvw
10-14-2014, 06:10 PM

Your culture is just fine and not inferior in any way to Western culture.

The only thing that Romanians and other Balkanites need to change is their political culture and this is already happening.

blogen
10-14-2014, 06:13 PM
The present Balkans and its sorry state are only insignificant residues of your beloved once huge *Ottoman* world. Ask Albanians, ask Bosnians and everyone else in the Balkans. That we survived against all odds is a miracle. You should be thanking us for defending Europe, even the Pope recognized this.

This is true. The Balkan is post-Ottoman world. But the Hungarian-Ottoman wars are history only. And one of our largest enemy in the course of the Hungarian-Ottoman wars was the westerners, especially France, the allied country of the Ottomans. Since the western policy at this time was this: to look at their fight indifferently or backstabbing the Magyars and their dynasty, the Habsburgs.

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Your culture is just fine and not inferior in any way to Western culture.

The only thing that Romanians and other Balkanites need to change is their political culture and this is already happening.

Eastern orthodoxy is the cancer of christianity.
It is the seed of corruption,backwardness and lack of backbone.

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 06:16 PM
This is true. The Balkan is post-Ottoman world. But the Hungarian-Ottoman wars are history only. And one of our largest enemy in the course of the Hungarian-Ottoman wars was the westerners, especially France, the allied country of the Ottomans. Since the western policy at this time was this: to look at their fight indifferently or backstabbing the Magyars and their dynasty, the Habsburgs.

Magyars haven't fought the ottomans.Your leader Iancu de Hunedoara(John Huniady) was 100% romanian.Don't brag about him.Makes me wonder why magyars enjoy to claim historical figures as one of theirs.They also believe that Sandor Petofi,Franz Lizst,Kossuth,Matei Corvin were hungarians.

wvwvw
10-14-2014, 06:21 PM
It is the seed of corruption,backwardness and backbone.

That's not when you were saying when Byzantium was the "envy of the known" world for like, over 1000 years! Don't blame your shortcomings on your religion which is pretty much irrelevant in today's world anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmIrbsrmix4&sns=em

Ypu sound pathetic really and clearly you suffer from inferiority complexes. Be proud of your unique, Romanian culture which encompasses elements from Balkans, Central and Eastern Europe. Not many countries in the world can brag of an authentic culture. It is the authenticity of your culture that makes Romania attractive, noone is interested in copy cat cultures.

Linet
10-14-2014, 09:48 PM
It is the seed of corruption,backwardness and lack of backbone.

thats why latin america and Phillipines are so advanced and rich :wof: ? because they are Catholics :fpope:?

Vlachopat
10-14-2014, 09:51 PM
thats why latin america and Phillipines are so advanced and rich :wof: ? because they are Catholics :fpope:?

Latin america is poor due to mixing with the amerindians

blogen
11-07-2014, 06:35 PM

https://kuruc.info/galeriaN/2012/romerd_elnokvalasztas_2014_1107_01.jpg

aimar
11-07-2014, 06:39 PM
more balkan than central, but I would say just eastern

Vlach
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM

Dobrogea,Bucharest, some zones from Moldova, Vâlcea will be blue in the second round. Why? Because a lot of them voted with Macovei+Udrea. And South-East Romania is poor because the external investitors invest just in west and Bucharest/Constanța. And Moldova is so red because most of young people moved in E.U countries and here remained a lot of brainwashed people. Oltenia is red because Ponta fraud a lot and because most of importants PSD politicians are from here. Look at Caraș/Hunedoara/and Szekely, poorest zones from Banat/Transylvania, they voted with the stomach not with the brain.
Of course you sometimes accuse west romanians as being some uncivillized peasants and saying that the Bucharest and Iași are the only cities with people with western view. And sometimes you make fun about S-E romanians as being poor. You are a troll.

Zmey Gorynych
11-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Traditionally Transylvania, Bucharest and Dobrogea votes the right wing while the rest the left wing but it's not always like that: for example in 2004 (Basescu vs Nastase) both candidates won counties in all 3 historical regions. Basescu won Dobrogea in 2004 and 2009 and the fact that he's originally from Dobrogea played an important role. The same can be said for Johannis who won in Transylvania (his native region). In the second round Johannis will win Bucharest and a few counties in Wallachia + his native Transylvania. He will also win the vote of those from Republic of Moldova but not of those from romanian Moldova.

Basescu vs Nastase (2004). Notice that your hungarians voted the left wing.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Romania_presidentia2004_Run-off_by_county.png/800px-Romania_presidentia2004_Run-off_by_county.png

Vlach
11-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Traditionally Transylvania, Bucharest and Dobrogea votes the right wing while the rest the left wing but it's not always like that: for example in 2004 (Basescu vs Nastase) both candidates won counties in all 3 historical regions. Basescu won Dobrogea in 2004 and 2009 and the fact that he's originally from Dobrogea played an important role. The same can be said for Johannis who won in Transylvania (his native region). In the second round Johannis will win Bucharest and a few counties in Wallachia + his native Transylvania. He will also win the vote of those from Republic of Moldova but not of those from romanian Moldova.

Basescu vs Nastase (2004). Notice that your hungarians voted the left wing.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Romania_presidentia2004_Run-off_by_county.png/800px-Romania_presidentia2004_Run-off_by_county.png

Iohanis will win in Suceava,Vâlcea,Constanța and hope Iași and ofcs Bucharest. If people which voted Udera/Macovei will vote for iohanis...
Anyway, today protest in big cities from Romania against Victor Ponta and to support romanians which cannot vote in E.U countries.

JohnSmith
12-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I do not know much about the country.

Highlands
12-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Why would it be central euro?

Jana
12-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Geographically Eastern European (north of the Danube), culturally Balkan perhaps while Transylvania was/is Central European.

Odin
07-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Southeast European.

ЛыSSый
07-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Yhe third way - romania for romas

Drawing-slim
07-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Not cetral. Actually croatia bosnia montenegro albania are more central and feel more central while Romania hungary serbia bratislava and to a lesser degree czeck republic feel more eastern.

Jana
07-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Not cetral. Actually croatia bosnia montenegro albania are more central and feel more central while Romania hungary serbia bratislava and to a lesser degree czeck republic feel more eastern.
lol at Bosnia, Albania or Montenegro having central European feeling. These countries are hard core Balkans. Nothing wrong with it.

Voskos
07-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Yhe third way - romania for romas

gypsies love to settle in the balkans. i wonder why

Jana
07-08-2017, 12:20 PM
gypsies love to settle in the balkans. i wonder why
They came there with the Ottomans, that's the reason behind it.

Drawing-slim
07-08-2017, 12:21 PM
lol at Bosnia, Albania or Montenegro having central European feeling. These countries are hard core Balkans. Nothing wrong with it.
You looking at this the wrong way, from architecture and religion perpective perhaps, while i am placing their soul, their nature, the feel, and thats how i see it.

Voskos
07-08-2017, 12:24 PM
You looking at this the wrong way, from architecture and religion perpective perhaps, while i am placing their soul, their nature, the feel, and thats how i see it.

you're a fucking poet bro

Peterski
07-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Central Europe was a term invented by the Germans to describe areas that they wanted to subjugate and areas that they wanted to be their zone of influence. Central Europe does not exist.

Europe has 3 parts, that mirror its ethno-linguistic divisions as of year 1100 AD:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?213808-Genetic-divisions-of-Europe-mirror-languages-in-1100-AD&p=4481336&viewfull=1#post4481336

1) North-Western Europe
2) [North-]Eastern Europe
3) Southern [Med] Europe

Oh, and we can add Finland and Northern Russia - this is Europe's fourth part.

Jana
07-08-2017, 12:26 PM
These countries would be very exotic for average Central European. When you cross from Croatia to Bosnia difference is great, and place feels like some far away land (I love Bosnia btw)
Albania and Montnegro have typical dinaric culture, something inner Dalmatia/Herzegovina also share. I wouldn't group entire south-east Europe togheder, because I think Slavic orthodox countries like Bulgaria, Serbia or non-Slavic country like Romania share more with Ukraine than with Albania or BiH.

Drawing-slim
07-08-2017, 12:35 PM
These countries would be very exotic for average Central European. When you cross from Croatia to Bosnia difference is great, and place feels like some far away land (I love Bosnia btw)
Albania and Montnegro have typical dinaric culture, something inner Dalmatia/Herzegovina also share. I wouldn't group entire south-east Europe togheder, because I think Slavic orthodox countries like Bulgaria, Serbia or non-Slavic country like Romania share more with Ukraine than with Albania or BiH.
I was in all these places just recently. And i took buses from zgreb sarajevo montenegro albania, i hungout with people, talked to people, intercated with them, ate diner with at bus stop breaks through the journey,lol i got pics to proof it.
Bsonia felt great too btw. E more central euro spirit soul with islamic faith. Even in the deepest villages you walk in a cafe you can drink beer liquor all you want and and smoke cigarettes all you want, while a mosque was nearby.
I loved my trip through balkans, now that i think about it,lol

Полковник 95
07-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Romania - Balkans/South East Europe.
Moldavia - East Europe.

Tommie
07-09-2017, 02:25 PM
It is all of the above.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
07-09-2017, 02:31 PM
When we mention Romania in Portugal we say "Europa do Leste", which means Eastern Europe. We don't refer to it as Balkans and much less Central Europe.

Tommie
07-09-2017, 02:32 PM
That's what I said, Romania is in middle of all, of Central Europe, Eastern and Balkan, we are not part of any block. But no one cares about what I say, people still spreading bullshits like Romania is a full Balkan country. :picard2:
Agree.

RN97
07-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Geographically Eastern European (north of the Danube), culturally Balkan perhaps while Transylvania was/is Central European.

What's culturally balkan?
What common culture does Serbia, Albania and Romania share?

Antimage
07-09-2017, 02:43 PM

"balkan music" for example. I heard romanian serbian albanian pop music and I heard similarities, if you request I will try to find examples to demonstrate this. I also think albania and serbia shares some food, not sure about romania

Jana
07-09-2017, 02:44 PM
You quoted my three years old comment. I changed my opinion as you can see in post above.

because I think Slavic orthodox countries like Bulgaria, Serbia or non-Slavic country like Romania share more with Ukraine than with Albania or BiH.
Romania is similar to orthodox Slavic countries.
Regarding Balkan it means Byzantine-Ototman influnces. But I already said it should be tossed out of dictionary because of it's derogatory meaning.

Ziveth
07-09-2017, 02:47 PM
A Balkan country.
http://9416-presscdn-0-26.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Balkans-map.jpg
This is Central Europe:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Central_Europe_Regions.png/450px-Central_Europe_Regions.png

Jana
07-09-2017, 02:52 PM
http://www.ce-review.org/99/23/cvijetic23.html
Indeed, there has hardly been a notion this century as burdened by negative connotation as "the Balkans" or "Balkanisation." What used to be a geographic toponym ("Balkan" comes from the Turkish word simply meaning "mountain" and is used to describe the Stara Planina mountain in Bulgaria), has become a means of defamation and a synonym for partition, tribal conflict and retrograde political agendas - that is, an incarnation of everything that is negative or backward.

The term is used, of course, in a very reductionist way and is a convenient tool for differentiating between "us" and "them," between the "civilised world" and "those down there." Even such horrifying, deeply uncivilised and inhuman political programmes as Nazism and Fascism have not completely lost their appeal in the eyes of some (hopefully irrelevant) political forces in modern Europe. The Balkans (and the type of politics it represents), however, remains an unwanted child, whom absolutely no one wants to accept as his own, left in front of the door of the wealthy nations, who are unwillingly forced to take care of it.

Not surprisingly, the nations unfortunate enough to be located in the Balkans have accepted this reductionist approach. Not to be a part of the Balkans has become a matter of self-esteem and national identification. Virtually every nation that geographically belongs to the Balkan peninsula (Turkey, Greece, Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia) claims that it by no means belongs to the Balkans and attempts to impose geo-political re-definitions that would, once and for all, remove it from the infamous list.

Gizem
07-09-2017, 04:10 PM
http://www.ce-review.org/99/23/cvijetic23.html
Indeed, there has hardly been a notion this century as burdened by negative connotation as "the Balkans" or "Balkanisation." What used to be a geographic toponym ("Balkan" comes from the Turkish word simply meaning "mountain" and is used to describe the Stara Planina mountain in Bulgaria), has become a means of defamation and a synonym for partition, tribal conflict and retrograde political agendas - that is, an incarnation of everything that is negative or backward.

The term is used, of course, in a very reductionist way and is a convenient tool for differentiating between "us" and "them," between the "civilised world" and "those down there." Even such horrifying, deeply uncivilised and inhuman political programmes as Nazism and Fascism have not completely lost their appeal in the eyes of some (hopefully irrelevant) political forces in modern Europe. The Balkans (and the type of politics it represents), however, remains an unwanted child, whom absolutely no one wants to accept as his own, left in front of the door of the wealthy nations, who are unwillingly forced to take care of it.

Not surprisingly, the nations unfortunate enough to be located in the Balkans have accepted this reductionist approach. Not to be a part of the Balkans has become a matter of self-esteem and national identification. Virtually every nation that geographically belongs to the Balkan peninsula (Turkey, Greece, Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia) claims that it by no means belongs to the Balkans and attempts to impose geo-political re-definitions that would, once and for all, remove it from the infamous list.

Balkan immigrants in Turkey are quite proud of their heritage and identify as such.

blogen
07-09-2017, 04:11 PM

Everything. Religion, political culture, social structure, etc. Romania is part of the Oriental cultural sphere from Iran to Bosnia, from Romania to Arabia. Except Western-Moldova, because the once strong Eastern European cultural contacts, but Western-Moldova is wallachized (orientalized) in the last 150 years.

Kelmendasi
07-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Trust me we are culturally similar maybe not in religion but we are similar in other things, I have two close Romanian friends and I have learnt that they share many cultural things with us

Gizem
07-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Everything. Religion, political culture, social structure, etc. Romania is part of the Oriental cultural sphere from Iran to Bosnia, from Romania to Arabia. Except Western-Moldova, because the once strong Eastern European cultural contacts, but Western-Moldova is wallachized (orientalized) in the last 150 years.

Arabia is really irrelevant in this case.

Gizem
07-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Croatia is more Western because they are Catholic. Most of Balkans is Orthodox and their mindset is very similar to that of conservative Muslims in their approach towards women. Balkan immigrants here though are much more secular. But overall Balkan is not a negative concept for me as long as secularism is maintained regardless of religion.

RN97
07-09-2017, 04:55 PM
"balkan music" for example. I heard romanian serbian albanian pop music and I heard similarities, if you request I will try to find examples to demonstrate this. I also think albania and serbia shares some food, not sure about romania
That's modern bro, not relevant at all. If black metal is popular in Norway as well as Portugal it doesn't make Norway southern European....

You quoted my three years old comment. I changed my opinion as you can see in post above.

Romania is similar to orthodox Slavic countries.
Regarding Balkan it means Byzantine-Ototman influnces. But I already said it should be tossed out of dictionary because of it's derogatory meaning.
I didn't see that, but if you think Greek influence is Balkan then I agree. IMO Romania culturally is probably a lot more similar to Greece than many Balkan countries such as Albania, Montenegro and Bosnia.

What a load of horseshit, but wouldn't expect less from someone essentially claiming Hungary is central Asian. Religion is also shared with Russia and Greece, neither considered "balkan". As for the political and social structure.... You have no idea what the heck you're talking about, just throw them words out there see if they land.

Trust me we are culturally similar maybe not in religion but we are similar in other things, I have two close Romanian friends and I have learnt that they share many cultural things with us
In the UK, I'm sure you'd say the same about Slovenians or Croats for example.

Summarized, my point is that I can agree that Romania is in the Balkans, but the Balkans are a geographic entity, not a cultural or continental one. You go across the Balkans and you won't find one single strong defining character. Just as you won't find it in western Europe, northern Europe or southern Europe. It's just geographical, the closer you are to a country the more you're likely to share with it. No matter what the Hungarians claim for example, you'd be very Agenda driven to claim something like northwestern Romanians share more with Albanians than with southeastern Hungarians.

Ion Basescul
08-18-2017, 08:06 PM
Southeast European, Turkey is literally ~200km away from Southern Romania.

00danieleinad00
08-19-2018, 11:02 PM
Is not a balkan country.

Jana
09-12-2018, 06:27 PM
How many Romanians have Balkan identity ? I would like Romanian members to answer this.

magyar_lány
09-12-2018, 06:38 PM
I voted for Eastern European.

Seya
09-12-2018, 06:40 PM
How many Romanians have Balkan identity ? I would like Romanian members to answer this.

what is a balkan identity? :confused:

Teutone
09-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Eastern Europe

Jana
09-12-2018, 06:41 PM
what is a balkan identity? :confused:

Feeling that you are part of Balkans and that your country belongs there. :D

Teutone
09-12-2018, 06:44 PM
There are only 2 Europes, East and West.

Rich cucks and poor ex commies.

Seya
09-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Feeling that you are part of Balkans and that your country belongs there. :D

i don't think so but if compared to east europe..meaning ukraine or poland..then we definitely have not much in common with them. Bulgaria and serbia is way more close to us.

Jana
09-12-2018, 06:51 PM
i don't think so but if compared to east europe..meaning ukraine or poland..then we definitely have not much in common with them. Bulgaria and serbia is way more close to us.

That makes sense....but I have seen many Romanians are not comfortable to be labeled part of Balkans (similar to Croatians)

Seya
09-12-2018, 06:52 PM
That makes sense....but I have seen many Romanians are not comfortable to be labeled part of Balkans (similar to Croatians)

yes, cose balkanite today is used in a derogatory sense

IncelSlayer
09-12-2018, 06:56 PM
All romanians I know irl consider themselves balkanic to the core, same for all croats I know.

RN97
09-12-2018, 09:28 PM

No one, or very few people would identify voluntarily as a Balkan country because it's currently at the bottom of the barrel in Europe closely followed by eastern Europe. This is why "willingly" most chose to identify with the most prestigious rich label although it really doesn't make a difference. Exactly why countries such as Poland and Croatia so strongly clench to the central European label although both you lag tremendously behind Switzerland, Germany and Austria in all regards. Them being much more similar to France, Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia and so on. It's all about the want to be considered prosperous, successful and rich because most people don't dig deeper. Unfortunately the average joe will never associate Poland or Croatia with Germany or Austria more so than with Ukraine or Serbia. Be it accurate or not, that's how recent history and the media has made it be. Sicily and southern Italy is just as poor and corrupt (if not more) as Romania. It will however be perceived by the average Joe as a southern European country similar to Spain, and the rest of Italy so much, much more positively and prestigious. Anyway, the point is that your question is terribly naive or misinformed, not to mention stupid. It's like asking the average man; Do you identify as a upstanding valuable member of society or a lowlife no-good idiot? What matters would be how others perceive the country because that is what truly affects it. It's far more geniene to admit that you wish it would be perceived differently rather than claiming it is, or that it doesn't matter, only matters how it perceives itself.

Jana
09-12-2018, 09:31 PM
No one, or very few people would identify voluntarily as a Balkan country because it's currently at the bottom of the barrel in Europe closely followed by eastern Europe. This is why "willingly" most chose to identify with the most prestigious rich label although it really doesn't make a difference. Exactly why countries such as Poland and Croatia so strongly clench to the central European label although both you lag tremendously behind Switzerland, Germany and Austria in all regards. Them being much more similar to France, Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia and so on. It's all about the want to be considered prosperous, successful and rich because most people don't dig deeper. Unfortunately the average joe will never associate Poland or Croatia with Germany or Austria more so than with Ukraine or Serbia. Be it accurate or not, that's how recent history and the media has made it be. Sicily and southern Italy is just as poor and corrupt (if not more) as Romania. It will however be perceived by the average Joe as a southern European country similar to Spain, and the rest of Italy so much, much more positively and prestigious. Anyway, the point is that your question is terribly naive or misinformed, not to mention stupid. It's like asking the average man; Do you identify as a upstanding valuable member of society or a lowlife no-good idiot? What matters would be how others perceive the country because that is what truly affects it. It's far more geniene to admit that you wish it would be perceived differently rather than claiming it is, or that it doesn't matter, only matters how it perceives itself.

Don't you have any positive association with Balkans ?

Peterski
09-12-2018, 09:33 PM
yes, cose balkanite today is used in a derogatory sense

In the USA the term Colored was used in a derogatory sense, so they changed it to Negro - which was then neutral.

But over time Negro started to be used in a derogatory sense as well, so they changed it again to African-American.

Same with Gypsies, no matter how you call them, how many times you rename them, it becomes a derogatory term.

Jana
09-12-2018, 09:41 PM
In the USA the term Colored was used in a derogatory sense, so they changed it to Negro - which was then neutral.

But over time Negro started to be used in a derogatory sense as well, so they changed it again to African-American.

Same with Gypsies, no matter how you call them, how many times you rename them, it becomes a derogatory term.

South East Europe sound very logical and natural for instance :) I like it a lot.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Switzerland, Germany and Austria

Germany is only considered Central - rather than Western - by some people, because it re-united in 1990.

And Switzerland is only considered Central - by some people - because German-speakers (not French) are the largest group.

If Germany remained two distinct states after 1990, only East Germany would be considered Non-Western.

In fact Switzerland, West Germany and France were integral parts of Charlemagne's Empire, so they are all Western Europe.

I don't see how is West Germany in any way "less western" than France?

Geographically? Geographical center of Europe is in Belarus, so West Germany is definitely in the western half.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 09:56 PM
South East Europe sound very logical and natural for instance :) I like it a lot.

Well, in such case South East Europe will become a derogatory term over time...

Anyone can see for example the behviour of "South East European" users, how quarrelsome, loud and racist you are.

Quarrelsome, loud and racist is exactly why Balkan became a derogatory term.

Jana
09-12-2018, 09:57 PM

Why ?

Magnolia
09-12-2018, 10:01 PM
It is interesting but my associations with the word "Balkan" are first of all:
- this kind of music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xahHvuiXows
- then Ottoman Empire, oriental influenced, coffee....
- then Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, mountains...
(My associations with eg Russia or Ukraine are totally different.)

Not organised crime or uneducated people.

Seya
09-12-2018, 10:03 PM

Anyone can see for example the behviour of "South East European" users, how quarrelsome, loud and racist you are.

they are very hot blooded but can also be very friendly. u can't change people..u just have to take them the way they are

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Interesting how annoying can be this Eastern European Polish plumber. Don't make me start what kinds of stereotypes Eastern Europeans enjoy among us ''Balkanites'' :rolleyes:

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:06 PM
And Jana just showed her true, Balkan, face. Not for the first time by the way.

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:07 PM
And Jana just showed her true, Balkan, face. Not for the first time by the way.

And you showed your Eastern European face. No wonder you enjoy horrible reputation in the west.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Maybe on a forum full of autistic anthrotards with narrow interests (I mean so many people here can't even have an intelligent discussion about anything other than who is close to whom, or who has which skull shape).

I registered here because I thought it was a European Cultural Community. And back in 2014 it kind of was, but it has deteriorated since then.

Funny that the largest part of userbase are Balkanites:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?72621-Apricity-Census-Where-are-you-from

And yes, this forum has extremely Balkanic character.

Insuperable
09-12-2018, 10:16 PM

That is not why Balkans became a derogatory term. Balkans is associated with backwardness and Muslims/oriental influences. Would there be no Muslims and would Balkan nations fly in space shuttles instead of using cars then nobody would care how quarrelsome, loud or racist we are.

Don't go 'Peterski' on me now looking for uneccessary correlations saying that being quarrelsome, loud and racist implies backwardness because you can find that everywhere.

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:18 PM
What is more trashy, eastern europe or balkans ? It will be a strong competition :1127:

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:20 PM
By the way, Eastern Europeans are far more racist than Balkanites.
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-10670ee7248f7c18085bf1c48c51385d

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:22 PM
backwardness and Muslims/oriental influences

Turkey is less backward than Balkans, though.

Tommie
09-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Is it common to see Black people in Croatia?

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Is it common to see Black people in Croatia?

Yes, because US warships often come to Croatian ports. But very few of them lives in Croatia.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:26 PM

That test only measures racism against Black Africans, not other kinds of racism.

And that test is based on subconscious reactions to Negroid faces, not on intentional prejudice (so it only masures how much you are naturally repelled when looking at dark-skinned Negroid people, it does not measure actual racism).

How about other kinds of racism and ethnic prejudice (e.g. Croats hating Serbs)?:

https://i.redd.it/bfg2ndh786fz.png

https://i.redd.it/dsph5tpfbdfz.png

https://i.redd.it/3pqyefuyf4m01.jpg

Insuperable
09-12-2018, 10:27 PM
Turkey is less backward than Balkans, though.

Whether there is any correlation between those things I wrote is for individuals to judge. I wrote backwardness and Muslims/oriental influences not neccessarily implying there is any correlation there dumb subhuman.

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:30 PM
How about other kinds of racism and ethnic prejudice (e.g. Croats hating Serbs)?:

Def. less than Polacko feelings towards Germans.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:31 PM
Whether there is any correlation between those things I wrote is for individuals to judge. I wrote backwardness and Muslims/oriental influences not neccessarily implying there is any correlation there dumb subhuman.

Another Balkanite got triggered and showed his true, Balkan, face:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=4487&dateline=1536619860

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:33 PM
I admit that posting on this forum "Balkanizes your brain".

And yes, sometimes I lowered myself to the Balkan level.

And quality of my posts deteriorated due to bad influence.

Insuperable
09-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Another Balkanite got triggered:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=4487&dateline=1536619860

Nah, that is just chit chat. You would know when I get trigerred, especially irl. Greetings from the Balkans.

Tommie
09-12-2018, 10:36 PM
Yes, because US warships often come to Croatian ports. But very few of them lives in Croatia.
The majority of the Black people living in Romania are university students, at least the ones in Constanța.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Def. less than Polacko feelings towards Germans.

I never had a "war" with any German member here.

And I see wars between Balkan members all the time.

Insuperable
09-12-2018, 10:38 PM

I lived for 8 years in Split and never saw any US warship and saw two black people living there.

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:40 PM
I never had a "war" with any German member here.

And I see wars between Balkan members all the time.

With Teutone ?

Balkans had recent bloody wars and current political problems with possible future conflicts. The forum is reflection of the reality.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:41 PM
With Teutone ?

We get along perfectly well with Teutone.

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:41 PM
I lived for 8 years in Split and never saw any US warship and saw two black people living there.

Well, in Rijeka I did. Even the leading ship of US mediterranean fleet was serviced in one of our shipyards.

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:42 PM
We get along perfectly well with Teutone.

He did not take well your Germanised Polack narrative...;)

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Balkans had recent bloody wars and current political problems with possible future conflicts. The forum is reflection of the reality.

Balkans ALWAYS had bloody wars.

It is like Afghanistan of Europe (they also have wars all the time).

It reflects the nature of the people.

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:45 PM

Similar like Polack land. Forever wars and partitions....I do feel sorry though.

With Fire and sword is one of my favorite novels.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:48 PM
I disagreed/argued with Teutone, in a civil manner.

But it did not start a Vendetta between us. If you disagree with a Balkanite he/she will launch a Vendetta against you and will hate you forever.

This is the difference between civilized people and non-civilized people.

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:50 PM
I disagreed/argued with Teutone, in a civil manner.

But it did not start a Vendetta between us. If you disagree with a Balkanite he/she will launch a Vendetta against you and will hate you forever.

This is the difference between civilized people and non-civilized people.

Names ?

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Also you can expect ad personam attacks if you disagree with a Balkanite.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:53 PM
With Fire and sword is one of my favorite novels.

Action takes place in Ukraine. Which has some Balkan admixture. ;)

Tommie
09-12-2018, 10:53 PM

This is one of the reasons why Romania does not belong in the Balkans. Romanians have a more calm, quiet mentality and are not into wars. They are pretty mellow people.

Dandelion
09-12-2018, 10:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPQn6DLc8B8

Jana
09-12-2018, 10:57 PM
This is one of the reasons why Romania does not belong in the Balkans. Romanians have a more calm, quiet mentality and are not into wars. They are pretty mellow people.

That's a poor argument. Nobody is ''into wars'', they happen often against your wishes. And Romania enlarged it's territory for more than double in last century, lot to make you calm and satisfied.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 10:58 PM
What is more trashy, eastern europe or balkans ?

I don't know, but you can see that Krivich (Russian user) and me like our own countries.

On the other hand nearly all Balkan users call their own countries trashy.

And most of Balkan users who post on this forum don't even live in their own countries.

Most of Russian users are mentally stable and don't behave like Balkan users.

Insuperable
09-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Also you can expect attacks if you disagree with a Balkanite.

Fixed.

Jana
09-12-2018, 11:01 PM
I don't know, but you can see that Krivich (Russian user) and me like our own countries.

On the other hand nearly all Balkan users call their own countries trashy.

And most of Balkan users who post on this forum don't even live in their own countries.

Most of Russian users are mentally stable and don't behave like Balkan users.

Well, I love my country and probably my arrogance makes people disliking me, which I understand.

Russian users are very ok. But remember Lyssy, Ukrainian. That was ''snownigga'' mentality from Eastern Europe times ten.

And Krivich is a troll, attacking other countries for no reason.

Peterski
09-12-2018, 11:04 PM
But remember Lyssy, Ukrainian. That was ''snownigga'' mentality from Eastern Europe times ten.

Lyssy is an ethnic Russian living in Ukraine, as far as I know.

Which explains why 90% of his activity was ridiculing Ukraine.

But he was also a huge troll.

Dandelion
09-12-2018, 11:04 PM
Poles are a determined people. One Polish nationalist even defeated Nepalese, masters of cold, just so a Pole would hold the title of champion of the North Pole Marathon.

http://www.thenews.pl/1/5/Artykul/303012,Polish-runner-wins-North-Pole-marathon-sets-sights-on-Antarctic-challenge

Seya
09-12-2018, 11:07 PM
Poles are a determined people. One Polish nationalist even defeated Nepalese, masters of cold, just so a Pole would hold the title of champion of the North Pole Marathon.

http://www.thenews.pl/1/5/Artykul/303012,Polish-runner-wins-North-Pole-marathon-sets-sights-on-Antarctic-challenge

a romanian won the arctic ultramarathon for 3 time in a row:
http://business-review.eu/news/romanian-tibi-useriu-wins-ultramarathon-arctic-ultra-6633-for-third-time-in-row-161881

RN97
09-12-2018, 11:12 PM

You know that's funny because "Balkanite" is not derogatory in America, but Pollack is. It literally is considered a insult. It used to be non-offensive, but today that's not the case so I wonder why? Pollack, then pole then what mr. civilized westerner? Because last I checked there aren't any "get out Serbian vermin" posters in the UK, but the are "get out Polish vermin". I constantly see stories about how horrible Poles are from the UK. I also remember there was a story about a Polish skier that made a comment about a Norwegian one and the typical "strawberry picker", "scum eastern European" etc. comments started flying from Norwegian, so what of it really?
When are Poles finally going to achieve your destiny of becoming full-fledged progressive westerners? Because I remember constantly making the case for Poles before being unfairly targeted but I feel like you deserve it because you'll drink the piss and eat the shit of a German or western European to just be accepted. You'll constantly hurl shit at the neighbor east or south. Like a mulatto trying to get accepted by whites by insulting blacks. This applies to basically all countries east and south of Austria, that's why I learned that there are no friends but blood and kin. Romanians only, no one else. No matter the similar experience and situations, you'll always find a way to spit at the man one centimeter below you and such the dick of the man 2 meters above you. That's just how it goes I guess.

Dandelion
09-12-2018, 11:23 PM
Polack is more pejorative. Among friends it can be okay to use and Poles appropriate the name in English. In Polish the word is 'Polak' and it is literally Slavic for 'field-dweller'. The ethnonym is a pars-pro-toto name the Poles living in the Carpathians have to accept being called by. :p

Tommie
09-13-2018, 12:34 AM
That's a poor argument. Nobody is ''into wars'', they happen often against your wishes. And Romania enlarged it's territory for more than double in last century, lot to make you calm and satisfied.
Of course we are satisfied, we took back lands which are rightfully ours, 99% of them. :)

Carpatz
09-13-2018, 01:08 AM

Enlarged with territories where Romanians were a both a historical and current majority. In 1919 the Romanian army occupied Budapest, they deposed Bela Kun's Bolshevik government, didn't loot or rape, and returned home after Trianon was signed. Meanwhile when Hungarians got Northern Transylvania in 1941, they killed everyone they could in an effort to cull the Romanian majority. Full scale ethnic cleansing didn't occur only because of Romania's Axis membership, so Germany didn't allow them. This was used as blackmail to keep Romania an Axis member. It's the main reason Romanians so readily switched sides and fought back

Jana
09-13-2018, 06:53 AM
Of course we are satisfied, we took back lands which are rightfully ours, 99% of them. :)

Those lands never belonged to Romania before Trianon (so for more than 1000 years), despite Romanians were majority. It is no wonder far right is so powerful in Hungary, or why nazis rose in Germany. Those countries were stripped of their lands and humiliated, and they wanted blood and revenge. It would be interesting to see how tolerant Romanians would be if Romania lost 2/3 of it's territories.

Btw, I don't think that land should be Hungarian again. Indipendent Transylvania with full rights for all ethnic groups would be far the most fair agreement. But that made sense in 1918, not 2018...