PDA

View Full Version : Royal baby: Prince William and Kate expecting second child

Elsa
09-08-2014, 11:58 AM
The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29108010)

Kensington Palace said that - as when she was pregnant with Prince George - the duchess was suffering from very acute morning sickness and was being treated by doctors at the palace.

The palace said the Queen and members of both families were delighted.

Prince William and Catherine's second baby will become fourth in line to the throne, moving Prince Harry further down the line of succession.

Prime Minister David Cameron, Labour leader Ed Miliband and the Archbishop of Canterbury were among those to offer their congratulations to the couple.

Linebacker
09-08-2014, 12:48 PM
If its another boy,there will be some struggles for the power seat.

Better be a girl.

Kazimiera
09-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Oh God! Not again!! :picard1:

As if we didn't have enough royal baby hype the first time around.

Peyrol
09-08-2014, 01:12 PM
I wonder if Charles will ever become king...

Elsa
09-08-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm hoping for a Princess Alice or Charlotte.

Kazimiera
09-08-2014, 01:40 PM

It'll probably be another Elizabeth, Mary or Anne. Perhaps even Catherine. The British monarchy is not renowned for its creativity when it comes to naming children.

RandoBloom
09-08-2014, 01:41 PM

I'd like to see Victoria or Brunhilde :D

Graham
09-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Joy for the middle class.

Dictator
09-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Joy for the middle class.

Does it work like some sort of live-action reality show?

LightHouse89
09-08-2014, 02:17 PM
I think the modern monarchies of Europe are rather useless. I dont see why they get all this attention it isnt as if they do much of anything to deserve it.

Albo Fire
09-08-2014, 02:36 PM
British Royal Family gives me the impression of a soap opera with many subscribers curios to know what's happening behind most popular family in Britain. :biggrin:

Grace O'Malley
09-08-2014, 02:42 PM

Alice is a cool name. :)

TheBlondeSalad
09-08-2014, 03:09 PM
"Our genitals are still working! Celebrate, peasants!"

LightHouse89
09-08-2014, 03:34 PM
British Royal Family gives me the impression of a soap opera with many subscribers curios to know what's happening behind most popular family in Britain. :biggrin:

It will be a dark day if Charles becomes the King.

Bloodnigger
09-08-2014, 03:35 PM

This is what it is.

LightHouse89
09-08-2014, 03:46 PM
This is what it is.

They married a peasant into the blood line too.

Grace O'Malley
09-08-2014, 03:57 PM

Hybrid vigour. :)

LightHouse89
09-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Hybrid vigour. :)

Very untraditional but that is the English speaking world these days.

Hubal
09-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Princess Diana, or prince Edward

Elsa
09-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Very untraditional but that is the English speaking world these days.

It's not limited to the English-speaking world. Plenty of Continental royals are married to commoners too.

LightHouse89
09-08-2014, 04:23 PM
It's not limited to the English-speaking world. Plenty of Continental royals are married to commoners too.

A sad day. I guess cultural marxism is the new norm. Monarchies are suppose to marry into one another not peasantry. I hear some Monarchs now have non white ancestry....I think it could be the Danish monarchy.

Ars Moriendi
09-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I wonder if Charles will ever become king...

I hope not.
Would be a terrible insult to Charles I and Charles II of the Stuarts to have their name taken by the same vermin that overthrew them and drowned England into financial capitalism.

Graham
09-08-2014, 04:26 PM
She's not a commoner anyway, lol comes from a millionaire family.

Middle class women love all this 'Hello magazine' princess pageant royal stuff. *boke*

Edit: Though they come across as nice enough people/

LightHouse89
09-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I hope not.
Would be a terrible insult to Charles I and Charles II of the Stuarts to have their name taken by the same vermin that overthrew them and drowned England into financial capitalism.

My favorite line of Kings....well that is obvious look at my avatar.

Marzia
09-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Me and my friends were talking about this, :picard1: I guess 1 royal baby is not enough!

alfieb
09-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Wonderful, another inbred German with a silver spoon to be pampered with state money from English taxpayers for the rest of their life.

Peyrol
09-08-2014, 09:57 PM
A sad day. I guess cultural marxism is the new norm. Monarchies are suppose to marry into one another not peasantry. I hear some Monarchs now have non white ancestry....I think it could be the Danish monarchy.

The last nobleman married to another noblewoman is the heir to the thrones of Italy, Piedmont, Cyprus, Armenia and Jerusalem...Amedeo of Savoy, who married princess Claude D'Orleans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Amedeo,_Duke_of_Aosta_%28b._1943%29)...but unfortunately this country will not return a monarchy...maybe an emirate, but not a savouyarde monarchy...

Ars Moriendi
09-09-2014, 01:52 AM
She's not a commoner anyway, lol comes from a millionaire family.

Middle class women love all this 'Hello magazine' princess pageant royal stuff. *boke*

Edit: Though they come across as nice enough people/

Just came across this. Thought it was pretty hilarious:

Naysayers hope new royal baby will swing Scots vote -
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/naysayers-hope-new-royal-baby-will-swing-scots-vote-30571797.html#sthash.c8r2cG0n.dpuf

LightHouse89
09-09-2014, 02:06 AM
The last nobleman married to another noblewoman is the heir to the thrones of Italy, Piedmont, Cyprus, Armenia and Jerusalem...Amedeo of Savoy, who married princess Claude D'Orleans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Amedeo,_Duke_of_Aosta_%28b._1943%29)...but unfortunately this country will not return a monarchy...maybe an emirate, but not a savouyarde monarchy...

Really? So that is the last of the Plantagenet's? They were one of the best monarchies in the British Islands. Before him I admire Alfred the Great, really the only british monarch to be called 'the great'. Ofcourse he was a Saxon.

Eileanach
09-09-2014, 03:05 AM
My favorite line of Kings....well that is obvious look at my avatar.

Edward I was not a Stuart. You're about 400 years too early.

Peyrol
09-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Really? So that is the last of the Plantagenet's? They were one of the best monarchies in the British Islands. Before him I admire Alfred the Great, really the only british monarch to be called 'the great'. Ofcourse he was a Saxon.

Mmhhh i'm not sure he's the last heir, althoug one savoyarde princess married Edward I of England...House Savoy were for almost 900 years the king (and before earls and dukes) of my native region (Piedmont-Savoy, now splitted between Italy and France), then they inherited the crowns of Cyprus and Jerusalem...in 1848 they started the conquest of the whole italian peninsula and they became kings of Italy in 1861.
They even briefly held the crown of Spain from 1870 to 1873, then the king gave up the crown. During Mussolini they received even the titles of Kings of Albania, Croatia, Emirs of Lybia and Emperors of Ethiopia.
Not so bad from a small alpine dynasty...

Neon Knight
09-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Better a native commoner than a foreign arisotcrat. The British royals have enough foreign blood already.

Neon Knight
09-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I hope not.
Would be a terrible insult to Charles I and Charles II of the Stuarts to have their name taken by the same vermin that overthrew them and drowned England into financial capitalism.I really don't know what you mean there. Charles II was restored to the throne by an English parliament. Capitalism?