PDA

View Full Version : Are Thick Lips Belong to Slavic People?

Reinhard
03-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Are Thick Lips Belong to Slavic People?

Anthropos
03-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Stop asking dumb questions and mind about something important instead.

Reinhard
03-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Stop asking dumb questions and mind about something important instead.

Everybody know Cromagnoid,nordid etc. and who knows the details?Interested with the details..
If you think this a dumb question don't read keep your advice for yourself..:cool:

Anthropos
03-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Everybody know Cromagnoid,nordid etc. and who knows the details?Interested with the details..
If you think this a dumb question don't read keep your advice for yourself..:cool:

You should know that Slavs have different kinds of lips. Every single Slav has his own pair, women have two or three (and maybe more in some cases), and each lip is different from the other one. There are no two of the same lip anywhere in the world even, there is always a difference.

Some have thick lips. Others don't. It's all normal.

Cail
03-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Well, Angelina Jolie's father (John Voight) is Slovak, so... :P.

P.S. Dumb thread indeed.

Treffie
03-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Thick lips on Europeans is sometimes seen as a Mediterranean trait. I've got no proof of this, so please completely ignore me. Having said that, I've got thickish lips and I'm nowhere near the Med. :)

Gennady
03-12-2010, 05:08 PM
My grandfather has thick lips

Monolith
03-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Thick lips might indicate Negroid ancestry. Are you sure you're half Greek and half Bulgarian?

...nah, not really, I'm just messing with you. ;)

Ilya.S
03-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I doubt it , i'm slavic and i have thin lips .
Maybe some slavs have it , but no way that it's a typical slavic trait.

Reinhard
03-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Thick lips might indicate Negroid ancestry. Are you sure you're half Greek and half Bulgarian?

LOL..Yea i have negroid ancestry ;)

Dont be a dumb my grandfather from macedonia he is greek,My grand mother from my father side,she is from Crete(stavros) greek too,My moms side from Bulgaria(VARNA)..Is this enough?

Thanks Anthropos,

I m new for ANtropology i just wanted to know..

...nah, not really, I'm just messing with you. ;)

Tabiti
03-12-2010, 07:13 PM
No, I've seen many Germans with thick lips. But TOO thick lips sometimes show ancestry outside Europe, indeed;)

Saruman
03-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I noticed in some UP's tendency towards thick lips.
http://www.vho.org/tr/2004/1/Lindtner.jpg

Though I think we need to distinguish between full and thick lips, and I don't understand what starter of the thread exactly meant.

Falkata
03-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I think thick lips are more typical in the mediterranean countries than in the rest of Europe, but they can be everywhere of course. Mines are btw

Svarog
03-13-2010, 12:33 AM
...and the winner is.. :/

poiuytrewq0987
03-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Slavs are tied only through linguistics and culture. Slavs all over Europe and the rest of the world are very varied genetics-wise. For instance Germans are also a very varied ethnic group. A North German is very different to a South German genetically speaking but the language? They're close, their culture? Essentially similar.

Guapo
03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Well, Angelina Jolie's father (John Voight) is Slovak, so.

I thought he was actually Polish, Wojtek.

Wotan88
03-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't see the purpose of this thread.

First of all - there is no "Slavic race", "Teutonic race", "Baltic race" and so forth. "Slavs", "Teutons", "Balts" are only linguistic terms, nothing more. It doesn't even touch racial questions.

Slavs, Teutons, Ugrofinns are built of several racial types. You can see Nordic Slav, Alpine Slav just as you can see Nordic Teuton and Alpine Teuton. Of course there might be some trends in language group, for example high amount of Nordid people in Scandinavia, but it doesn't change anything. Every nation or language group is full of people of different sub-racial backgrounds.

But if we are speaking about Slavs, then you must know, that it's probably the most diverse racially sub-grouping of all Indoeuropean people. You can find here literally all racial types that can be found in Europe. Proportions of racial types are dependant on country and region but if we talk about "thick lips" then I don't think it's a Slavic trait. Some Slavs in the very east might have such features but I wouldn't consider it trait of majority or exclusive for Eastern Europeans.

To sum it up - question is meaningless.

Cail
03-15-2010, 10:52 PM
I thought he was actually Polish, Wojtek.

Nope, Slovak. That word (voight, wojt, voit et cetera, roughly smth like "olderman", "bureaucrat", "small town mayor") exists in most northern-Slavic languages, from Czech to Ukrainian (though in some it is now an archaism). It is present even in Old Russian documents.

Reinhard
03-15-2010, 11:16 PM
http://www.supermodels.nl/tools/img.aspx?img=/ModelPics/angelinazakirova/101.jpg&w=300For example she has a thick lips and pure white..

Tabiti
03-16-2010, 10:57 AM
^She has average lips and lipstick;)

Don
03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Then I guess my old castilian mother's lips belong to any slavic. I don't believe she accepts to give them "back" to them.