PDA

View Full Version : How the baby boomers bust Britain

Liffrea
03-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Self-indulgence has left the country financially, socially and even morally crippled

They are the luckiest people in history: the richest, most secure and most powerful generation the world has ever seen.

While their parents scrimped and sacrificed through the Depression and World War II, they basked in the long boom of an affluent society.

The first were children in the prosperous Fifties and teenagers in the Swinging Sixties.

They bought their first homes in the Seventies and saw their mortgages wiped out by inflation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1257631/How-baby-boomers-bust-Britain-Self-indulgence-left-country-financially-socially-morally-crippled.html#ixzz0i48cm1SP

hereward
03-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Responsibility and reasoning went out the window, to be replaced by self indulgence and a 'who cares attitude'. Their legacy will be one of betrayal.

Turkey
09-07-2011, 11:13 PM
what a mess

BeerBaron
09-07-2011, 11:16 PM
It's not just Britain, but the west as a whole that has been affected by the baby boomers greed.

Albion
09-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Yes, we may be romanticising the past a bit but I would prefer a society based on hard work, saving and good moral values compared to the corrupt societies we have in the west today.
People don't feel the need to work efficiently anymore, they don't feel so compelled to do well in work and bring up families and be providers.
Instead we live in a generation of layabouts and moral decline. It can't be sustained, eventually the west will be shocked into getting it's act together once East Asia and the rest of the world starts catching up.

Turkey
09-09-2011, 10:30 AM
, eventually the west will be shocked into getting it's act together once East Asia and the rest of the world starts catching up. I've already got my cardboard box and I've picked out a suitable bridge.:thumb001: