PDA

View Full Version : "May Contain Milk"....

Oresai
01-12-2009, 01:43 PM
This is about as daft as those sleeping pill boxes which state "Warning...may cause drowsiness" ...:rolleyes:

Allergy experts say Cadbury taken health warnings too far after advising that Daily Milk contains milk

Jan 12 2009 By Brian Farmer

CHOCOLATE giants Cadbury are warning buyers that their top selling Dairy Milk contains ... milk.

The wrappers already show a glass-and-a-half of milk being poured into a chocolate chunk, and the label puts milk first in the list of ingredients.

And each bar also carries the message "The equivalent of three quarters of a pint of fresh liquid milk in every half pound of milk chocolate".

But Cadbury say it is also necessary to print warnings in capital letters in yellow boxes saying "CONTAINS: MILK" for people who may be allergic.

They are printing similar warnings on bars of Dairy Milk Whole Nut - announcing "Contains nuts, milk". A spokesman said they were complying with the law.

But a food allergy support group said Cadbury were going beyond legal requirements.

The Anaphylaxis Campaign's Moira Austin said people thought they were "stating the blindingly obvious", adding: "The law does not require these additional warnings."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2009/01/12/allergy-experts-say-cadbury-taken-health-warnings-too-far-after-advising-that-daily-milk-contains-milk-86908-21034734/

Treffie
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I heard this on the way to work this morning - I lol'd:D

Oresai
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
And then there`s this..which, I have to admit, makes little sense to me...

New internet radio station plays tracks in your head rather than airwaves

Jan 10 2009

A NEW music radio station has just been launched which doesn't play any music.

Instead of spinning discs, Twadio uses the internet to send out lists of tracks.

The idea is that the tune being "played" just pops into your head and you can "hear" it without having to listen to it.

The man behind the silent station, Birmingham University music industries lecturer Andrew Dubber, said yesterday: "You already know how most songs on the radio go. You can hear them in your head.

"So why actually play them? We use the suggestive power of the mention of a catchy song to start it playing in your brain. Hence radio - and silent."

Users who sign up at Twadio.com are sent the name of a new song every few minutes on their computers or mobile phones through online message service Twitter.

An automated system chooses lists of catchy songs. And if anyone actually wants to hear any of them, they can go to the Twadio website.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2009/01/10/new-internet-radio-station-plays-tracks-in-your-head-rather-than-airwaves-86908-21029645/

Treffie
01-12-2009, 01:54 PM
^It took a while for it to sink in but I still don't get the concept.

So what are they going to play all day - annoying advertisements?:rolleyes:

Vulpix
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Here's a picture :D:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/12/article-0-01753318000004B0-682_468x286.jpg

"Milk" couldn't be more in evidence :D:rolleyes:...

Oresai
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
It IS lovely chocolate, have to say though...sigh...my diet.....think of my diet Oresai....

Ĉmeric
01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
The reason behind the warning is probably regulatory or for insurance purposes or both. It's very common for commercials in the US to contain warnings at the bottom of the screen if the commercial involves any kind of stunt or shows an auto being driven at high speed not to attempt this yourself.:rolleyes: There is an assumption by government regulators that those of us not in the employ of government are idiots & need to be protected. The tort system in the US also makes the same assumption.

WinterMoon
01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Although it is quite obvious, and they are clearly going above and beyond the requirements, I am still glad to see that they are a company concerned about their potential purchasers. I get upset at companies who do not clearly list an allergen when it is in the product, and it doesn't appear on the list of ingredients either. I'd rather have catious companies than negligent ones.

Lars
01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
:confused:

TheGreatest
01-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Someone out there is allergic to milk? What? We can't call lactose intolerance what it is?
Who gives a rat's foot about Ali getting the N.2's after eating some chocolate ;) :D

WinterMoon
01-15-2009, 02:02 AM
Someone out there is allergic to milk? What? We can't call lactose intolerance what it is?
Who gives a rat's foot about Ali getting the N.2's after eating some chocolate ;) :D

That's a rather ignorant statement. There is an actual difference in having a dairy allergy and in having lactose intolerance.