PDA

View Full Version : What are the top 7 European countries who are most welcoming of foreigners?

Iloko
09-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Give a top 7 list of the European countries who are most open to foreigners dwelling in or visiting their country; particularly foreigners of Black or Asian descent.

Give the list in ranking order from most open to least. And also do a top 7 list of the least welcoming of foreigners.

Selurong
09-18-2014, 10:57 AM
1. The UK
2. Germany
3. The Netherlands
4. France
5. Italy
6. Belgium
7. San Marino (all the rich Chinese investing there)

Vlach
09-18-2014, 11:22 AM
1. The UK
2. Germany
3. The Netherlands
4. France
5. Italy
6. Belgium
7. San Marino (all the rich Chinese investing there)

Netherlands?

Smaug
09-18-2014, 11:50 AM
1- Sweden

kurtbitter
09-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Greece
Italy
Spain
Germany
Ireland
Belgium
UK

Methmatician
09-18-2014, 12:13 PM
From my experience:

United Kingdom
Sweden
ex-Yu countries
France

They're all the European countries I've been to.

Linebacker
09-18-2014, 12:15 PM
North European countries take the lead.

LightHouse89
09-18-2014, 12:19 PM
All of the countries experiencing demographic replacement.....especially north western europe. left wing liberals believe if we dont exist no one will hate us anymore :rolleyes:

glicine max
09-18-2014, 12:28 PM
but it's meant as the people or as the country's goverment?

Virtuous
09-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Sweden, UK, Malta and Italy.

Drawing-slim
05-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Top 7 richest economies or highest standards of living is always the safest bet IMO. Immigrants go where the money is, they don't care who hates them or likes them, as they shouldn't.
I think this is the price you pay when you are richer and a nicer guy than everyone else, even on individual bases.
Seriously, this works from individual bases to understand it clearly There might not even be a Jewish conspiracy after all:p
If a nice guy has a million dollars vs a bad guy with a million dollars, I bet you anything that the nice guy will have tons of people more asking him for money and more never paying him back, but the bad guy will make even more money at the same time and helping other very little, Jews come back into play here:d

Dandelion
05-21-2015, 10:58 AM
Anywhere would be fine I guess. I wouldn't worry about meeting a hostile environment. Most of Europe is fine for you to visit, even places that hardly see an Asian person.

Breedingvariety
06-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Seriously, this works from individual bases to understand it clearly There might not even be a Jewish conspiracy after all:p
If a nice guy has a million dollars vs a bad guy with a million dollars, I bet you anything that the nice guy will have tons of people more asking him for money and more never paying him back, but the bad guy will make even more money at the same time and helping other very little, Jews come back into play here:d
Lol. :lol:

Breedingvariety
06-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Most welcoming:
1. UK
2. Ireland
3. The Netherlands
4. Spain
5. Portugal
6. Belgium
7. Iceland (They are cold and lonely there)

Breedingvariety
06-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Least welcoming:
1. Switzerland
2. Austria
3. Germany
4. Hungary
5. Czech Republic
6. Poland
7. Lithuania
8. Russia
9. Bulgaria

Anyway, just my impressions for whatever reasons.

Sally the first
07-28-2015, 10:42 AM
UK
Greece
Sweden
Finland
Czech republic
Russia
Germany

Bezprym
07-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Least welcoming:
1. Switzerland
2. Austria
3. Germany
4. Hungary
5. Czech Republic
6. Poland
7. Lithuania
8. Russia
9. Bulgaria

Anyway, just my impressions for whatever reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNX1256eVw8

People here seem to be quite nice.

Minesweeper
07-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Never been to UK but I doubt they are so welcoming, will believe when I experience it.

Dandelion
07-28-2015, 02:29 PM
I don't know which are the seven most welcoming, but I know Sweden ranks the top. Sweden yes!

Cristiano viejo
07-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Sweden, UK, Germany, France.

Mazik
07-28-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't know which are the seven most welcoming, but I know Sweden ranks the top. Sweden yes!

So why does not even the most PC Swedes interact with immigrants that often and the immigrants hang out mostly just with themselves? Compared to other European countries I have been to?

Nurzat
07-28-2015, 02:40 PM
I think Eastern European women are very welcoming to men from Western Europe and Africa. not with East Asians though. I've seen girls almost fighting for Black guys in clubs in the city where I studied

Dandelion
07-28-2015, 02:41 PM
So why does not even the most PC Swedes interact with immigrants that often and the immigrants hang out mostly just with themselves? Compared to other European countries I have been to?

Once our friend shazou leaves Stockholm Arlanda Airport a plethora of hot Swedish women will be waiting for him to bang. If Finnish pseudo-Mongs can do it, so can a real Mong.

Mazik
07-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Once our friend shazou leaves Stockholm Arlanda Airport a plethora of hot Swedish women will be waiting for him to bang. If Finnish pseudo-Mongs can do it, so can a real Mong.

Answer my questions instead of some lame troll attempt.

Graham
07-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Mazik has a point, you have to separate how the people welcome outsiders to the politics.

Dandelion
07-28-2015, 02:50 PM
Answer my questions instead of some lame troll attempt.

Well, I think Sweden has a pretty egalitarian culture as do other Scandinavians. This also means that nails standing out need to get hammered in. It easier to achieve with people with similar mindsets, like other Swedes.
Sadly, in Sweden you also have a PC mainstream culture which is just a cramped attempt to try to look worldly but only manages to conceals one's own ignorance about foreign cultures. It's like some eternal trip about a melting pot society that isn't there in reality. Funnily, Norwegians and Danes don't have near as crazy PC nutjobs in power.

Jana
07-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Most welcoming- Bosnia

Least- Czech Republic

UK, Ireland- neutal. France left suprisingly good impression.

Prism
07-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Depends on the region in which the country is located, with some exceptions.

Scandinavia, Russia and the Baltic countries would be the most unwelcoming I'd say. Northern European countries in general with the exception of Ireland, and England to a lesser extent.

Most welcoming Balkan countries, Italy and Iberian countries I'd say.

StonyArabia
07-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Britain
Scando nations
Nederlands
France

based on my experience

Balmung
07-28-2015, 03:30 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_xrhAUNfHEM/ToGard0KY6I/AAAAAAAAAHw/Y4bUAl7iYq8/s1600/pew-survey-immigration-1.gif

mikhail
07-28-2015, 03:38 PM
1.) Sweden
2.) Germany
3.) France
4.) Belgium
5.) Holland
6.) The UK
7.) Italy

The Destroyer
07-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Most welcoming- Bosnia

Least- Czech Republic

UK, Ireland- neutal. France left suprisingly good impression.

You are wrong, real Bosniaks would never welcome a non-White, they would infiltrate and liquidate them within 24 hours from their arrival.

Jana
07-28-2015, 07:42 PM
You are wrong, real Bosniaks would never welcome a non-White, they would infiltrate and liquidate them within 24 hours from their arrival.

HAHA :)))

Je, gaće im se tresu pri posjetu Bosni i Hercegovini....

The Destroyer
07-28-2015, 07:44 PM
HAHA :)))

Je, gaće im se tresu pri posjetu Bosni i Hercegovini....

Translation?

Deneb
07-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Most of Europe is welcoming. The exception are Switzerland and Turkey, at least according to my personal impresion.

Jana
07-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Translation?

Ofcourse: yes, they s**t their pants upon visitng Bosnia and Herzegovina..... :))))

Jana
07-28-2015, 07:48 PM
How can you tumb me down if you don't understand my language ?

Amateur. ;)

The Destroyer
07-28-2015, 07:49 PM
Ofcourse: yes, they s**t their pants upon visitng Bosnia and Herzegovina..... :))))

Actually, on a serious note, it's actually true sometimes. I had a lot of internet acquaintances who refused my invite to visit me because they either thought the war was still going on, or that Bosnia was overrun with ISIS :D

Jana
07-28-2015, 07:53 PM
Actually, on a serious note, it's actually true sometimes. I had a lot of internet acquaintances who refused my invite to visit me because they either thought the war was still going on, or that Bosnia was overrun with ISIS :D

But in reality Bosniaks are extremely welcoming people, I have been there more than once. Probably black or asian person would be stared at out of curiosity (just like in Croatia), not attacked by neo-nazis as in Russia.

The Destroyer
07-28-2015, 07:56 PM
But in reality Bosniaks are extremely welcoming people, I have been there more than once. Probably Black or asian person would be starred att out of curiosity (just like in Croatia), not attacked by neo.nazis as in Russia.

Those "Bosniaks" who are extremely welcoming are mostly not Bosniaks at all. They declare themselves as Yugoslavs, ethnic "Bosnians and Herzegovinians", or simply "Others" (so-called "ostali"), and they don't belong to the Bosniak nation. It is an insult to attribute these neo-communists to Bosniaks.

Ryujin
07-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Most of Europe is welcoming. The exception are Switzerland and Turkey, at least according to my personal impresion.

Turkey has a reputation for its hospitality. But we're xenophobic towards refugees flocking in from countries like Syria. Over a million Brits, another million Russians, as well as Germans and such visit Turkish coasts every year. Many Russians even remained here. About %10 of Antalya is Russian lol.

What specific event made you think that way I wonder.

Jana
07-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Those "Bosniaks" who are extremely welcoming are mostly not Bosniaks at all. They declare themselves as Yugoslavs, ethnic "Bosnians and Herzegovinians", or simply "Others" (so-called "ostali"), and they don't belong to the Bosniak nation. It is an insult to attribute these neo-communists to Bosniaks.

Those Bosniaks are real Bosniaks who bled for Bosnia and had their entire families massacred, such as one man who was our host, and yet don't hate anyone.

Try to be as honorable as your countrymen Mr. Tough Guy !

The Destroyer
07-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Those Bosniaks are real Bosniaks who bled for Bosnia and had their entire families massacred, such as one man who was our host, and yet don't hate anyone.

Try to be as honorable as your countrymen Mr. Tough Guy !

They are not honorable, they are spineless cowards and traitors, disowned by real, true Bosniaks. In my eyes, they are simply Serbs/Croats of the Islamic faith, and I treat them as such.

Jana
07-28-2015, 08:05 PM
They are not honorable, they are spineless cowards and traitors, disowned by real, true Bosniaks. In my eyes, they are simply Serbs/Croats of the Islamic faith, and I treat them as such.

How old are you??? Grow up, I would like too see you telling that to their faces, of old ABIH veterans. Hahaha :))))

Enojoy your evening warrior.

Alessio
07-28-2015, 08:06 PM
I see Africans everywhere here in Lombardia and it makes Italy look like a slum; especially Milano is full of 'entrepreneurs' who are trying to screw you by putting a little wristband onto your wrist and then ask you money for it. I almost wanted to punch a few of them and especially a Maghrebi soah who said "che cazzo vai" to me after I stamped on the piazza close to the d'uomo, making some doves fly away where they make money of.

One African was so daring that he pulled my girlfriend's shirt before I looked at him like I would kill him if he'd continue.

The Italian police and people (northerners especially) should be ashamed for being so tolerant, because Italy looks like a favela, or at least most cities in Lombardia do.

The Destroyer
07-28-2015, 08:09 PM
How old are you??? Grow up, I would like too see you telling that to their faces, of old ABIH veterans. Hahaha :))))

Enojoy your evening warrior.

Just because someone fought for ARBiH doesn't mean shit. Many ARBiH soldiers fought simply because they were forcefully conscripted anyway. Or they volunteered, but for the wrong reasons. Serving in the army doesn't automatically make you a good patriot/nationalist.

Deneb
07-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Turkey has a reputation for its hospitality. But we're xenophobic towards refugees flocking in from countries like Syria. Over a million Brits, another million Russians, as well as Germans and such visit Turkish coasts every year. Many Russians even remained here. About %10 of Antalya is Russian lol.

It was my personal impression, but others can think differently.

Ryujin
07-28-2015, 08:12 PM
That's was my personal impression, but others can think differently.

Ok I was just wondering if you had an accident in here or anything. No country is perfect.

Peter Nirsch
07-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Give a top 7 list of the European countries who are most open to foreigners dwelling in or visiting their country; particularly foreigners of Black or Asian descent.

Give the list in ranking order from most open to least. And also do a top 7 list of the least welcoming of foreigners.

Any western European country and Greece (countries with a good turistic system are the most welcoming)

Balkans (excepted Croatia and Slovenia) and all ex-soviet Countries (excepted Estonia) on the contrary can be extremely dangerous.

jebediah
07-28-2015, 08:19 PM
Participants in the Eurobarometer 82 survey conducted in the fall of 2014 were asked to respond to the following: Please tell me whether each of the following statements evokes a positive or negative feeling for you.
Immigration of people from outside the EU

People answering they had a "Very Positive" or "Fairly Positive" toward this:

Positive feeling toward non-EU immigration:

Sweden 72%
Croatia 48%
Spain 48%
Portugal 47%
Romania 47%
Netherlands 46%
Ireland 46%
Luxembourg 44%
Finland 44%
Denmark 42%
Poland 39%
U.K. 38%
France 35%
Austria 35%
Slovenia 33%
Lithuania 32%
Belgium 29%
Germany 29%
Hungary 28%
Greece 23%
Cyprus 23%
Bulgaria 23%
Malta 21%
Slovakia 20%
Estonia 19%
Czech R. 18%
Italy 18%
Latvia 16%

Source: Page T61 in the following PDF
http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/eb/eb82/eb82_anx_en.pdf

jebediah
07-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Top Ten countries according to "Negative" feeling toward non-Eu immigration to their country:

Latvia 79%
Greece 75%
Italy 75%
Cyprus 75%
Czech R. 74%
Slovakia 74%
Malta 73%
Estonia 71%
Hungary 67%
Belgium 67%

Bezprym
07-29-2015, 04:13 AM
I am a bit confused about Latvia.

Rumata
07-29-2015, 05:04 AM

Off-topic.

Well, I've visited the forum of Russians living permanently in Antalya. There're different opinions there, but one was generally approved, which said:

1. the life of tourists differs greatly from the life of locals there.
2. it differs from neighborhood to neighborhood considerably, including security.
3. the road law is obeyed randomly even compared to Russia.

Mortimer
07-29-2015, 05:08 AM
Serbia is welcoming country to blacks and asians, if you are black they probably want to take a photo with you, i dont know about asian, but chinese live there side by side with all the others. Austria is welcoming too, i see lots of diversity here, blacks, asians, etc. i love my chinese restaurant owner

Mortimer
07-29-2015, 05:43 AM
i think every country in europe is danger free zone, (well generally but there might be some villages or regions which could be hostile like some parts in eastern germany or some place in moscow etc.) but i think overall you could freely visit every place in europe

Dylan
07-29-2015, 06:14 AM
North European countries take the lead.

Minus Denmark.

Dylan
07-29-2015, 06:18 AM
-Norway
-Sweden
-Netherlands (Not sure about, but seems likely)

England isn't so bad, but there's definitely visible resentment towards to foreigners at least on a collective level (less so on an individual level).

Bezprym
07-29-2015, 06:20 AM
England isn't so bad, but there's definitely visible resentment towards to foreigners at least on a collective level (less so on an individual level).

Yeah... they just love Poles. :p

Breedingvariety
07-30-2015, 10:04 AM
Many Brits might be fed up with never ending inflow of immigrants, but they won't treat an immigrant differently than they would native.

EuropeanBoy
07-30-2015, 10:37 AM
I know for a fact that Sweden is the first one on that list

♥ Lily ♥
07-30-2015, 10:54 AM
London is the most tolerant and multicultural city with over 300 languages spoken in the city*, 70 world cuisines and hardly any ghettos and people living together, plus Europe's largest China Town is in London too.

*The other day a female was ringing my door and she started talking in a language that sounded like Spanish through the intercom and I couldn't understand what she was saying. I went to the front door and she couldn't speak English and she looked Spanish but was working for a UK parcel delivery company. I signed for the parcel, politely smiled and thanked her as we're polite and tolerant.

The next day another Spanish looking female rang the door who was working for the same company and she could just about speak English and again I just politely smiled and tried to see the humorous side in them speaking in Spanish at the door when I asked them questions in English and just thought oh-well, we see something new and different types of new people each day, which is exciting in a lot of ways.

London and New York are the worlds only 2 Alpha++ cities but NY has a lot of segregation for different people and separate areas there for the rich and poor, whereas in the larger city of London there's hardly any ghettos or segregation and the wealthy areas are more evenly distributed across the city and people of many different backgrounds, races, social classes, etc, live side-by-side.

Millions and millions of people of different ethnicities, cultures and races live in London, and plenty of world cultural festivals are held in Europe's largest city of London.

'London is the only city in the world where I felt able to be myself' Bjork.

In London, you can see people dressed in suits, or any style that suits their personalities, goths, rockers, punks, emos, I've seen black and white homosexual men holding hands together in the street, all kinds of people really, and such a large range of diverse music clubs and venues and bars for people to find music and bars that suits their music tastes. Nobody stares at the amount of people who are dressed with the wildest hair colours and styles and wearing clothes that are out-this-world in London's Camden Town, or if gay couples kiss on the tube or in the street. London's Soho is very diverse too. Nobody stares at men dressed in drag, etc, in London. Anything goes and is accepted here.

But if someone went out with bright green hair, wild clothes, or if a black and white gay couple held hands in a street in a quiet English place like the Cotswolds, for instance, they would probably get some stares from people! :D

I can't think of any other city in the world that has the same level of diversity and tolerance that's found in London. People often say it's like the world in one city here and I agree since there's so much diversity of foods, people and cultures.

England helps millions more immigrants than most other nations in Europe, and despite 7/7 and other bomb attacks, and the mass rape epidemic done by muslims on white girls, the English have been tolerant, although there's more CCTV than any other nation in the world and I think we have some oppression in free speech against Islam with things like so-called 'honour killings' being a taboo subject.

In the US, they have different areas for black and white people which is unusual in the UK, and in the US their news reporters refer to people by the colour of their skin, and British reporters rarely refer to people as being black or white when reporting an incident.

Europe's largest street carnival is the annual Notting Hill Carnival which is held and celebrated in London every year, and it's mostly black people who attend this event with lots of colourful and elaborate costumes and extremely loud music from Latino cultures and the Caribbean Isles are played whilst street foods are served, but plenty of white people also travel to it too.

Every year in London, there's a Spanish festival, Polish festival, Irish Community Festival, St. Patricks Day Celebrations, MOBO (Music of Black Origin) celebration music event, Multicultural Music Festival, Chinese New Year festival, Hindu festival of Diwalhi, (they have large Swaminarayan Temples made of marble in London) and the annual Russian Festival and Russian Ball, plus other world cultural events held in London each year.

I think the south of England (especially London) in general is less clannish and more tolerant of new foods, modern herbal teas, and we appreciate the amount of sushi bars and Greek/Italian salads in cafes in London, wheres when I've stayed in the north of England I noticed people tend to prefer more traditional brown teas and traditional English foods are served more in the cafes and pubs up north, and the people seem more clannish and wary of people who are outsiders of their local areas.

London is like another world compared to the rest of England as it's so diverse.

I think the second most tolerant place would be Sweden, then the Netherlands, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany.

Some videos showing how diverse London is. White people are 60% of London's population, (with 45% of them being white British) and Birmingham (the UK's second largest city) is also becoming mostly foreign there too. I think we're very tolerant in these cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTzWP-CCtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RNVvdQhPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orukqxeWmM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAPeF3EkUx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-uaqmTIdc

Deneb
07-30-2015, 12:36 PM
London is the most tolerant and multicultural city with over 300 languages spoken in the city*, 70 world cuisines and hardly any ghettos and people living together, plus Europe's largest China Town is in London too.

*The other day a female was ringing my door and she started talking in a language that sounded like Spanish through the intercom and I couldn't understand what she was saying. I went to the front door and she couldn't speak English and she looked Spanish but was working for a UK parcel delivery company. I signed for the parcel, politely smiled and thanked her as we're polite and tolerant.

The next day another Spanish looking female rang the door who was working for the same company and she could just about speak English and again I just politely smiled and tried to see the humorous side in them speaking in Spanish at the door when I asked them questions in English and just thought oh-well, we see something new and different types of new people each day, which is exciting in a lot of ways.

London and New York are the worlds only 2 Alpha++ cities but NY has a lot of segregation for different people and separate areas there for the rich and poor, whereas in the larger city of London there's hardly any ghettos or segregation and the wealthy areas are more evenly distributed across the city and people of many different backgrounds, races, social classes, etc, live side-by-side.

Millions and millions of people of different ethnicities, cultures and races live in London, and plenty of world cultural festivals are held in Europe's largest city of London.

In London, you can see people dressed in suits, or any style that suits their personalities, goths, rockers, punks, emos, I've seen black and white homosexual men holding hands together in the street, all kinds of people really, and such a large range of diverse music clubs and venues and bars for people to find music and bars that suits their music tastes. Nobody stares at the amount of people who are dressed with the wildest hair colours and styles and wearing clothes that are out-this-world in London's Camden Town, or if gay couples kiss on the tube or in the street. London's Soho is very diverse too. Nobody stares at men dressed in drag, etc, in London. Anything goes and is accepted here.

But if someone went out with bright green hair, wild clothes, or if a black and white gay couple held hands in a street in a quiet English place like the Cotswolds, for instance, they would probably get some stares from people! :D

I can't think of any other city in the world that has the same level of diversity and tolerance that's found in London. People often say it's like the world in one city here and I agree since there's so much diversity of foods, people and cultures.

England helps millions more immigrants than most other nations in Europe, and despite 7/7 and other bomb attacks, and the mass rape epidemic done by muslims on white girls, the English have been tolerant, although there's more CCTV than any other nation in the world and I think we have some oppression in free speech against Islam with things like so-called 'honour killings' being a taboo subject.

In the US, they have different areas for black and white people which is unusual in the UK, and in the US their news reporters refer to people by the colour of their skin, and British reporters rarely refer to people as being black or white when reporting an incident.

Europe's largest street carnival is the annual Notting Hill Carnival which is held and celebrated in London every year, and it's mostly black people who attend this event with lots of colourful and elaborate costumes and extremely loud music from Latino cultures and the Caribbean Isles are played whilst street foods are served, but plenty of white people also travel to it too.

Every year in London, there's a Spanish festival, Polish festival, Irish Community Festival, St. Patricks Day Celebrations, MOBO (Music of Black Origin) celebration music event, Multicultural Music Festival, Chinese New Year festival, Hindu festival of Diwalhi, (they have large Swaminarayan Temples made of marble in London) and the annual Russian Festival and Russian Ball, plus other world cultural events held in London each year.

I think the south of England (especially London) in general is less clannish and more tolerant of new foods, modern herbal teas, and we appreciate the amount of sushi bars and Greek/Italian salads in cafes in London, wheres when I've stayed in the north of England I noticed people tend to prefer more traditional brown teas and traditional English foods are served more in the cafes and pubs up north, and the people seem more clannish and wary of people who are outsiders of their local areas.

London is like another world compared to the rest of England as it's so diverse.

I think the second most tolerant place would be Sweden, then the Netherlands, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany.

Some videos showing how diverse London is. White people are 60% of London's population, (with 45% of them being white British) and Birmingham (the UK's second largest city) is also becoming mostly foreign there too. I think we're very tolerant in these cities.

It sounds great, but you are too optimistic. There are a huge social inequality in London nowadays. It exists too in NY of course. I really admire the UK, but I admire even more the US. In real democracy the head of state can't be a hereditary title. At least America doesn't have that pathetic and anachronistic aristocratic upper class. But I agree with you that London is the most tolerant and cosmopolitan city in Europe, but not in the world: none european city can compete with NY, LA, SF...

Journeyman26
07-30-2015, 01:06 PM
I don't know about minority visitors.. but after I graduated university I did a four month European trip starting in Dublin and leaving from Istanbul visiting countries along the way. My top 5 friendliest people would go:

Best
1. Irish - Won't stop talking to you in pubs/restaurants/anywhere really. An endearing and likeable people.
2. Greeks - Want nothing more than to share their love of their country with you. I asked a guy for directions on the bus and he got off and walked me where I was going.
3. Dutch - Friendly and welcoming people, always smiling.

Worst
1. Londoners - Could just be the big city effect, or maybe they were sick of tourists, but nobody has time for you there. I paused to try to figure out the turnstyle on the underground and could audibly hear people groaning.
2. Belgians - You just always seem like you are putting them out by asking any questions. Always a sour look on their faces.
3. Romans - I think they are just sick of the throngs of tourists everywhere.

Willem
07-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Not countries, but these regions:

London metro area
Paris metro area
Berlin metro area

They have a very cosmopolitan culture.

For countries as as a whole? Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark. Very few racists there.

Taiga Lake
07-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Sweden
Yes
Sweden
Yes
Sweden
Yes
Sweden

Willem
07-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Sweden
Yes
Sweden
Yes
Sweden
Yes
Sweden

LOL

http://michaelrolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/swedish-midsummer.jpg

Deneb
07-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Participants in the Eurobarometer 82 survey conducted in the fall of 2014 were asked to respond to the following: Please tell me whether each of the following statements evokes a positive or negative feeling for you.
Immigration of people from outside the EU

People answering they had a "Very Positive" or "Fairly Positive" toward this:

Positive feeling toward non-EU immigration:

Sweden 72%
Croatia 48%
Spain 48%
Portugal 47%
Romania 47%
Netherlands 46%
Ireland 46%
Luxembourg 44%
Finland 44%
Denmark 42%
Poland 39%
U.K. 38%
France 35%
Austria 35%
Slovenia 33%
Lithuania 32%
Belgium 29%
Germany 29%
Hungary 28%
Greece 23%
Cyprus 23%
Bulgaria 23%
Malta 21%
Slovakia 20%
Estonia 19%
Czech R. 18%
Italy 18%
Latvia 16%

Source: Page T61 in the following PDF
http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/eb/eb82/eb82_anx_en.pdf

Spain ia an extremely friendly country, although some in TA could think differently, if they judge according to some agressive 'spanish' posters. But that chart is the proof: we are the second friendliest country in Europe.

Mortimer
08-01-2015, 03:27 AM

really great post, i can confirm, because my sister was in london and she loved it, she said in london no one notices you because of anything of skin colour or race or how you are dressed etc. its very diverse and friendly