PDA

View Full Version : NASA Mars Photo Leaked

Sol Invictus
01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Someone at NASA released a photo that they shouldn’t have, a picture of a piece of timber the size of a railroad tie, a photo that could get someone killed. There is no mistaking that the object in the print below is a piece of wood. NASA claims that Mars is a desert planet with no life at all. NASA lies, repeatedly.

Where would a piece of timber this size come from? There are vast forests on Mars, ones that are kept from the public. This piece of wood looks like it floated to its present location, being partially sunk in the soil. The ground around it is very interesting. Notice the flat rock formation of the soil and the crevices in between them. Does this look familiar? It appears to be the bed of a dried up pond. There had to be a significant amount of water in this area, water high enough to lift that railroad tie sized piece of timber and float is perhaps several miles. The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter showed that vast regions of the Red Planet have been altered by floods. This dried pond effect should come as no surprise.

http://i41.tinypic.com/23senow.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2j5dgr8.jpg

Image sources:
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040524a/site_B115_navcam_180_cyl_L-B118R1.jpg
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/opportunity_n115.html
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/1/n/115/1N138388241EFF2700P1994R0M1.HTML
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/1/n/115/1N138388278EFF2700P1994L0M1.HTML

Allenson
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Hmm, it sure looks like a piece of wood, eh?

Of course they are denying it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/3544076/Picture-sparks-claims-of-wood-on-Mars.html

The most curious thing to me is that though it is claimed to be a "piece of flat, platy, layered sulfur-rich outcrop rock".....there is nothing else like it visible in the surrounding landscape.

Strange one. :wink

Pino
01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Why would a piece of wood just be lieing there alone like that?

It wouldn't suprise me if Nasa faked and leaked the photos themselfs so the government can step up security and give police more powers in defeating inter-gallatic terrorists.

Oresai
01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Well, being honest, there ARE rock formations just like that all along Orkney beaches. Something to do with the sandstone layers, I think. :)

Allenson
01-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, being honest, there ARE rock formations just like that all along Orkney beaches. Something to do with the sandstone layers, I think. :)

It probably is just rock. My point was that it seems to be in complete isolation and nothing remotely resembling it nearby at all.

Anyway, carry on. :coffee: ;)

Pino
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
There is no mistaking that the object in the print below is a piece of wood.

I guess I must be mistaken then!

I haven't a clue how somone can come up with such a certain conclusion based on that picture as the only evidence, chances are if we wern't looking for alien life on Mars then people would look at that picture and think nothing of it, but it seems as if people want to believe there is life on Mars even if there is no logic behind it so when they see a shape on Mars which looks similar to wood then it immediately is wood!

You should take exzibits for what they are, if there are things in there which match your theory then thats ok but you shouldn't start looking for things straight away as thats leading your self up to see things that arn't there.

I'm not denying anything about mars, but that picture is a whole lot of nothing

Oresai
01-13-2009, 03:36 AM
It probably is just rock. My point was that it seems to be in complete isolation and nothing remotely resembling it nearby at all.

Anyway, carry on. :coffee: ;)

Yup, it IS indeed just rock. :)

And there are many others just like it, in complete isolation upon stretches of sand, strung out along our beaches. :)

HawkR
01-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Ya'll wrong! It's a piece of a Covenant Cruiser which came out of slipspace a little to close to Mars, that's all. Now, the Covenant know our location and the USNC are starting to build the Pillar of Autumn:p

But seriously though, rock or wood, I would believe that there have at least been life on Mars, considering how big the Universe is, I refuse to think we are the only intelligent spiecis out here.

Freomęg
01-13-2009, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't immediately conclude that it's a piece of wood - maybe a piece of rock. But either way, it looks artificial. Yes, rock can form like that naturally, but it's almost always in the company of other similar formations. This being an isolated object makes it a very interesting find indeed. I've seen many photos of Mars - some where NASA have yet to put their red tint on it (suggesting the planet actually has a blue sky and similar atmosphere to Earth).

Oresai
01-13-2009, 08:34 AM
I refuse to think we are the only intelligent spiecis out here.

There`s intelligent species on Earth? .....:confused: :p :D

When the weather clears here (not taking pics in gales for anyone!) I`ll scoot off down to the beach and take pics of rocks which look exactly like that one, isolated too. :)

Carl
01-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I can well believe its a slab of rock -- I ask myself - HOW could it be wood. Who said there were forests and trees on Mars ?? - news to me for sure - and to NASA , I bet!

Well done to them for getting to mars - although the ESA has also some credit for its detailed photography. We await the chemical analysis in depth; finding water there will greatly help in establishing Mars bases - one day.

Aemma
01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
finding water there will greatly help in establishing Mars bases - one day.

Question is just because we can (perhaps), does it necessarily mean that we should? If by bases you mean, satellite spots from which to further explore the galaxy, that's one thing. If you however you mean bases as the first step towards semi-permanent to permanent residences one day :eek:, this is entirely something else. :)

Cheers!...Aemma

TheGreatest
01-13-2009, 03:53 PM
NASA could be faking the Mars expedition without the Government knowing about it, whatever keeps the budget and salaries coming, right?

Revenant
01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
It looks like rock to me, around it are other rocks that look similar.

The rovers are meant to have taken thousands of pictures, as they've lasted much longer than they were planned to. Correct me if I'm wrong but at most there would be a few dozen pics maybe fifty in the public domain certainly not more than a hundred. :loco: Tinfoil hat time.....

Carl
01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
If you look at the Nasa site ( and also the European ESA site) you will now find hundreds of wonderful photos from the surface and from orbit. The detail is stunning - but signing up can be somewhat laborious.

As for "not happening" - well that's rather like "the Americans destoyed those towers themselves"....:D

HawkR
01-14-2009, 01:05 PM
"the Americans destoyed those towers themselves"....:D

Didn't they?:p

But you shouldn't be suprised if we someday make bases at Mars which one can live in.

SouthernBoy
01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Aliens!

Threads like this one make us look like a bunch of weirdos. :p

Pino
01-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Ya'll wrong! It's a piece of a Covenant Cruiser which came out of slipspace a little to close to Mars, that's all. Now, the Covenant know our location and the USNC are starting to build the Pillar of Autumn:p

But seriously though, rock or wood, I would believe that there have at least been life on Mars, considering how big the Universe is, I refuse to think we are the only intelligent spiecis out here.

definately life out there, need to look a bit further than the next planet along to find it though!

I've seen old documentaries where scientists have predicted we will have landed on Mars and had a space colony on the Moon by now, I cannot believe we have made no gain or even matched our exploration of the universe since the 60s, it seems that the aliens (if they haven't already) will be finding us long before we find them!

Carl
01-15-2009, 11:29 AM
"definately ------ have predicted"

---- quite a way between them! All that can be said is in the field of scientific speculation - the more hard headed and realistic, the more useful.

.... but then, could life itself have arrived from space - from some early frozen comet perhaps crashing to earth bearing signs from beyond?

Treffie
01-15-2009, 12:27 PM
I think they're all wrong - it's a huge piece of chocolate - a giant Flake perhaps?

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/flake%20two%20break.jpg