PDA

View Full Version : Go/Weiqi/Baduk

Murphy
03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Anyone play?

Eldritch
03-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I have a set. Unfortunately there are very few people to play with in this country. It's a both beautifully minimalist and yet devilishly complex game, that's for sure.

Murphy
03-16-2010, 09:21 PM
I have a set. Unfortunately there are very few people to play with in this country.

I know the feeling. I only have one friend to play against, and even then I haven't had a game in quite a while.

It's a both beautifully minimalist and yet devilishly complex game, that's for sure.

That is what I love about it. Not to mention the insight it gives one into their opponents mind. You can tell a lot about a person by how he plays his games I find.

Edit: It would be cool if we could set up games via Apricity somehow.

Loddfafner
03-16-2010, 09:33 PM
I play though I have not played recently. I used to play it a lot. I was in a local go club and also played online. I would rank between 12 and 7 kyu.

Go is to chess as chess is to tidly-winks. Computers can beat the best chess players but it is not so with go. Different levels of play feel like completely different games. It has a poetic side and a martial side. It is a rich source of philosophical metaphors. Anyone who needs to know strategy should play it. It should be required of diplomats.