PDA

View Full Version : Fluctuations in Career @__@

Harley
09-30-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm sitting at work when the urge strikes.

I'm thinking about going to school to become a professional tattoo artist.

QUICK- someone say something sensible and snap me out of this!

Immortal Technique
09-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Be cool gurl or i spank yo ass

Wadaad
09-30-2014, 06:08 PM
You're sitting on your couch watching tv, and your life's passing you by...you keep procrastinating over and over,well maybe I'll go to school next year maybe next semester, no do it right now. You can go after work or you can go before work, you can do what u gotta do to graduate, go talk to somebody, they out to help you. YOU SPEND ALL DAY ON THE PHONE ANYHOW, why don't you make a phone call that's gonna help you in your future! All you gotta do is pick up the phone and make the call, why are you making it complicated, IT'S EASY!

Immortal Technique
09-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Relax and take notes, while I take tokes of the marijuana smoke,throw you in a choke - gun smoke, gun smoke,macho humacho i gotcho yo,wake neezia seezia,adnyziaa,just two hit,in the clits,bits.

dude
09-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Who let the monkeys out?? ^^ LOL

Anyways, if you don't mind me asking, what is your current profession? If the tattoo artists could lead to more success than what you have right now, then it might not be a bad idea. But if you are already working in a professional field and you want to change to that, then you will end up like Vladar.

Harley
09-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Meh, it's more like I am not sure if this is stable for right now.

I've been scouted twice to be an apprentice and learn to tattoo. I don't know though. I'm an artist at heart for sure.

Immortal Technique
09-30-2014, 06:12 PM

Anyways, if you don't mind me asking, what is your current profession? If the tattoo artists could lead to more success than what you have right now, then it might not be a good idea. But if you are already working in a professional field and you want to change to that, then you will end up like Vladar.

Redneck?Did you clean your ass?

Vesuvian Sky
so was Fred Durst....

Seriously, think about it.

Immortal Technique

I've been scouted twice to be an apprentice and learn to tattoo. I don't know though. I'm an artist at heart for sure.

Listen your heart.

Fear Fiain
09-30-2014, 06:13 PM

I thought you were a skank at heart?

Wadaad
09-30-2014, 06:14 PM

Im gonna wager there'll be more money in tattoo removal. But you do have the skills to be an artist, I just think its a saturated market

dude
09-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Redneck?Did you clean your ass?
You mad?

Harley
09-30-2014, 06:24 PM

Anyways, if you don't mind me asking, what is your current profession? If the tattoo artists could lead to more success than what you have right now, then it might not be a bad idea. But if you are already working in a professional field and you want to change to that, then you will end up like Vladar.
I'm an assistant to a real estate agent/property manager. I deal with anything she doesn't want to deal with.

It's not a bad job and my boss is really good to me.

I used to sell portrait art in high school and my early 20s for side money to pay small bills and gas for my car. I've been trying to work on my portfolio again to at least get that going to burn extra steam.

Harley
09-30-2014, 06:25 PM
so was Fred Durst....

Seriously, think about it.

I don't understand T__T.

Harley
09-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Im gonna wager there'll be more money in tattoo removal. But you do have the skills to be an artist, I just think its a saturated market

Yeah, I should probably do research about both job markets in Vegas. I don't see this happening beyond a portfolio anyway for the next 12 months or so.

Vesuvian Sky
09-30-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't understand T__T.

Fred Durst: former tatoo artist and lead singer of Limp Bizkit + 100% douchebag:

http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/fred_durst_2005_05_09.jpg

careers in tatoo artistry will only lead to dark paths...

dude
09-30-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm an assistant to a real estate agent/property manager. I deal with anything she doesn't want to deal with.

It's not a bad job and my boss is really good to me.

I used to sell portrait art in high school and my early 20s for side money to pay small bills and gas for my car. I've been trying to work on my portfolio again to at least get that going to burn extra steam.
If you are really good, it might be worth to invest in getting all licenses to open up your own place. After building up experience and reputation, working for someone good, of course. Where I live the licenses to make tattoos legally are outrageous. There are lots of people who make tattoos on the side (unlicensed) but most of them are not very good. You should definitively have a page online showing your work. But don't quit your daytime job just yet.

Immortal Technique
09-30-2014, 06:35 PM
You mad?

If that make you feel better i can say yes :)

dude
09-30-2014, 06:41 PM
If that make you feel better i can say yes :)
OK, I appreciate your kindness.

Immortal Technique
09-30-2014, 06:43 PM
You made me cry

Harley
09-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Fred Durst: former tatoo artist and lead singer of Limp Bizkit + 100% douchebag:

http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/fred_durst_2005_05_09.jpg

careers in tatoo artistry will only lead to dark paths...
He is a douchebag and an idiot(in behavior. Idk him at all and I don't want to know him).

I feel like tattooing people would be more like working on an exotic canvas.

Fear Fiain
09-30-2014, 06:46 PM
He is a douchebag and an idiot(in behavior. Idk him at all and I don't want to know him).

except your "regular customers" would be vain douchebags

Blackfyre
09-30-2014, 06:48 PM

Is it a well-payed job? Actually, the most important part is, would you enjoy it? (also, if you chose to do it, lower prices for tattooes for TA members one day maybe? :P)

dude
09-30-2014, 06:51 PM

A live canvas. But you are still aware that you will be dealing with lots of douche-bags. Tattoos are one of those things that are exclusively for looks, and you know the kind of people who follow. For then too like you will have to physically appear to them. I mean, you will have to dress and make yourself look as if you belong to that group. That's is not exactly the impression I got from you in your pictures.

Vesuvian Sky
09-30-2014, 06:51 PM

sure some would be, but you may also get to work on 'canvases' with alot of wrinkles and moles and or arm fat. just sayin'.

dude
09-30-2014, 06:54 PM
You made me cry
Oh, do you need a cookie?

Immortal Technique
09-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Yes possibly crackers.

Harley
09-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Is it a well-payed job? Actually, the most important part is, would you enjoy it? (also, if you chose to do it, lower prices for tattooes for TA members one day maybe? :P)

I think I would enjoy it. The other two times I was offered to apprentice, my ex husband told the person no(it was one of his friends that had seen my work and works as a mural painter and also tattoo artist). He told me it wasn't a respectable career for ladies and mothers. I was kind of sad, but got over it.

The other time, the guy was really shady and though his art was good, I didn't want to work with him because he had weird energy. Gave me the creeps.

I like for my art to speak for itself and I also like for it to be meaningful to the person receiving it. That will never change.

Harley
09-30-2014, 06:59 PM
A live canvas. But you are still aware that you will be dealing with lots of douche-bags. Tattoos are one of those things that are exclusively for looks, and you know the kind of people who follow. For then too like you will have to physically appear to them. I mean, you will have to dress and make yourself look as if you belong to that group. That's is not exactly the impression I got from you in your pictures.

I come from a conservative family so most of my dress and whatnot is conservative. If I could pick a fashion style, it would be rockabilly/ pin up. Another friend mentioned to me that I'd have to get tattoos as well. I don't mind that. I just don't like small tattoos, so trying to think about what I want.

Merida
You're sitting on your couch watching tv, and your life's passing you by...you keep procrastinating over and over,well maybe I'll go to school next year maybe next semester, no do it right now. You can go after work or you can go before work, you can do what u gotta do to graduate, go talk to somebody, they out to help you. YOU SPEND ALL DAY ON THE PHONE ANYHOW, why don't you make a phone call that's gonna help you in your future! All you gotta do is pick up the phone and make the call, why are you making it complicated, IT'S EASY!

Wadaad, more than well said!!! :D

Metal, you only live once. If you really want to do it, do it :). It's better to give it a go than regret not having done it later on.
And you are an artist after all, so... :)

dude
Yes possibly crackers.
Enjoy.
http://ninecooks.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451fa5069e20120a50d915c970b-pi

Harley
sure some would be, but you may also get to work on 'canvases' with alot of wrinkles and moles and or arm fat. just sayin'.

Oh gawd, oh gawd, oh gawd.

:whoo:

Immortal Technique
09-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Very generous thanks.

Virtuous
09-30-2014, 07:01 PM
I wonder if tattoo artists need a blacker degree of black to draw on blacks.

Harley
09-30-2014, 07:06 PM
I wonder if tattoo artists need a blacker degree of black to draw on blacks.

I would imagine they find some way of highlighting certain shades of colors that do not show against the skin color. That's what I would do if I were working on something where the colors would not show well. Or talk to the customer about changing those colors to different ones and explain why.

dude
09-30-2014, 07:07 PM
I come from a conservative family so most of my dress and whatnot is conservative. If I could pick a fashion style, it would be rockabilly/ pin up. Another friend mentioned to me that I'd have to get tattoos as well. I don't mind that. I just don't like small tattoos, so trying to think about what I want.
Yes, you will need to have some nice tattoos on you. Tattoo people tend pay attention to that, I happen to know some very close people who are into tattoos and pretty much lots of my friends have been tattoo people. I don't have any though, but I know a good tattoo can easily cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. People who are into tattoos get addicted to them and they always want more. There are lost of low quality tattoo artists all over the place, but there is always room for a very good and cool tattoo artists out there. Many people are willing to pay good money for a cool, good looking tattoo.