PDA

View Full Version : Gluten free diet?

Mraz
10-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Have anyone adopted this kind of diet? Any feedback?

Aviator
10-05-2014, 10:25 PM
http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s18e02-gluten-free-ebola

Mraz
10-05-2014, 10:29 PM
http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s18e02-gluten-free-ebola

It's funny because I've stopped eating bread, pasta,... basically food based on cereals since 12 days now and started to inform myself about gluten, I watched the episode yesterday, it can't be a coincidence :D

Rudel
10-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Has you dick flown off yet ?

Veneda
10-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Sorry Mraz, but speaking about food and looking at you avatar I have an impression you are locked in the fridge without a light lol :lol:

Rędwald
10-05-2014, 10:36 PM

This, gluten has been in our diet since the beginning of agriculture and probably beyond.

Aviator
10-05-2014, 10:50 PM
You guys, isn't it obvious? The food pyramid... Just flip it.

Linebacker
10-05-2014, 11:36 PM
I have adopted a human growth hormone diet.

You don't need anything else in your diet actually.

Tacitus
10-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Went gluten-free four years ago and haven't looked back since. Probably the best health decision I ever made.

Aviator
10-05-2014, 11:49 PM
I have adopted a human growth hormone diet.

You don't need anything else in your diet actually.

How tall are you again?

Linebacker
10-05-2014, 11:53 PM
How tall are you again?

181cm.

I grow in width

Pjeter Pan
10-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Good joke

Pennywise
10-13-2014, 10:56 AM

damn! i was say that

Dylan
03-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Went gluten-free four years ago and haven't looked back since. Probably the best health decision I ever made.

are you celiac?

Tacitus
03-27-2015, 04:36 PM
are you celiac?

I have a "wheat allergy," which I guess is a step below full-blown celiac. From what I've read about food allergies sometimes if you eat a specific food exclusively you eventually become allergic to it. So in my case, up until I was about four years old I ate practically nothing but bread and milk (I didn't like anything else apparently). Incidentally I'm also lactose intolerant, but I can still eat cultured dairy like sour cream, yogurt, kefir, and cheese, just not milk.

Dylan
03-27-2015, 04:42 PM
I have a "wheat allergy," which I guess is a step below full-blown celiac. From what I've read about food allergies sometimes if you eat a specific food exclusively you eventually become allergic to it. So in my case, up until I was about four years old I ate practically nothing but bread and milk (I didn't like anything else apparently). Incidentally I'm also lactose intolerant, but I can still eat cultured dairy like sour cream, yogurt, kefir, and cheese, just not milk.

What ethnicity are you? Gluten intolerance is often inherited I'm pretty sure. I'm Celiac and so is my grandmother.

Tacitus
03-27-2015, 05:42 PM
What ethnicity are you? Gluten intolerance is often inherited I'm pretty sure. I'm Celiac and so is my grandmother.

I'm fully Italian. The only one in my family with similar problems to me is my mother, but her allergy isn't as bad as mine.

Dylan
03-27-2015, 09:20 PM
I'm fully Italian. The only one in my family with similar problems to me is my mother, but her allergy isn't as bad as mine.

that's very interesting, my grandmother who has celiac is full italian and I inherited it from her basically since its genetic. She's Abruzzese and Marchesian, or whatever the word is for people from Marche. Celiac is very common in certain parts of Europe, for example Ireland and Norway have lot's of Celiacs whereas in Eastern Europe you won't find so many.

usagerxyz
05-02-2015, 07:03 PM
Back then I was on a gluten-free diet for almost 3 years, then I reintroduced it once again to my diet. I wasn't excluding gluten from my diet for couple of months. The effect? My overall well-being decreased, I wasn't feeling as good mentally and physically as I was back then on a gluten-free diet. It's highly probable that I'm intolerant to it, in fact. I got my shit together and at the moment I'm on a gluten free diet for about month. I feel better off eliminating it from my diet. The other problem is dairy products, as my organism doesn't react well to it either...

btw. interesting video on why we should stick to a gluten-free diet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU6jVEwpjnE

OnceLord
05-02-2015, 07:07 PM
The foods pushed as 'gluten free' actually gave me worse gas than bread and all that ever could, LoL

Taiga Lake
05-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Give up pulla? Never.

Daco Celtic
02-20-2019, 05:22 AM
The Vikings had one weakness: Gluten - The Prose Edda