PDA

View Full Version : How Exactly is Your Mind Altered When Drunk?

Kale
10-06-2014, 04:49 AM
What I've basically noticed is that alcohol has no single, universal mental effect on people. Rather, in most cases, it seems to amplify at least some part of their personality.

Friendly people start saying 'I love you man' to everyone they know. Assholes get pissed and start fights. Stupid people get really fucking stupid (mostly reckless).

What kind of drunk are you?
Loving?
Mean?
Reckless?
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down? (if you are this one, you don't know it)

I'm kind of curious as to what the subjective experience is too, what goes through your head when you're drunk? I ask because, as it turns out, if you are part French, Irish, and Norse, the combined blood of these heavy drinkers, and their specialty of drink, covers the entire spectrum of spirits and makes one completely immune to alcohol. Bottom line, I can't get drunk.

Merida
10-06-2014, 04:52 AM
When drunk, as opposed to just buzzed, I am the 'loving type' lol and I get verbal incontinence :P. Luckily I'm a happy drunk, I don't get melancholic or anything.

Kale
10-06-2014, 04:53 AM
Lol, verbal incontinence. Ok I lied, that's one trait everybody seems to get...

Andrei the 2nd
10-06-2014, 04:55 AM
I once consumed two beers and didn't get drunk.

So, I don't know. I guess it's the Russian genetics kicking in.

Mark
10-06-2014, 04:56 AM
When drunk, as opposed to just buzzed, I am the 'loving type' lol and I get verbal incontinence :P. Luckily I'm a happy drunk, I don't get melancholic or anything.

^ I am similar. It's only when it starts to wear off that it might leave me feeling a little 'down'. But once I eat and hydrate, it goes away pretty quickly.

Alessio
10-06-2014, 04:57 AM
When I was younger (around 16 up to 21) I thought I could beat the world after drinking some Vodka or Rum, but now I like to keep control and get paranoia and/or emotional when drinking too much, so I rather keep it with no more than 5 beers or some shots of tequila.

Merida
10-06-2014, 05:00 AM
When I was younger (around 16 up to 23) I thought I could beat the world after drinking some Vodka or Rum, but now I like to keep control and get paranoia and/or emotional when drinking too much, so I rather keep it with no more than 5 beers or some shots of tequila.

True, when you're a teenager you think you're hardcore, but reality is that you take two shots of tequila and you're sleeping :lol:

Merida
10-06-2014, 05:01 AM
Lol, verbal incontinence. Ok I lied, that's one trait everybody seems to get...

Yes! And the typical phrase that gives you away: 'I'm nto drukn'.

Óttar
10-06-2014, 05:02 AM
I get more sociable when I'm with people. I like to listen to music and get drunk alone... http://www.drunkard.com/issues/03_03/03-03_zen_drinking_alone.htm I can get louder and more excited.

Once when I drank an entire bottle of whisky, I got very angry, but other than this one time I am not an angry drunk.

Guapo
10-06-2014, 05:03 AM
I get hornier than usual

Alessio
10-06-2014, 05:06 AM
Well, I drank pretty much when I was around 16, 17. Me and my friends went out every weekend and bought beer and some heavy stuff to make us well prepared for the night. It happened a few times the story ended very bad with puking all over the place and not knowing what to have done the whole night and waking up at a strange place..Puberty :angel
Once I got poisoned with drugs in my drink and I thought I was dying, but the next day I felt much better.

True, when you're a teenager you think you're hardcore, but reality is that you take two shots of tequila and you're sleeping :lol:

Merida
10-06-2014, 05:08 AM
Well, I drank pretty much when I was around 16, 17. Me and my friends went out every weekend and bought beer and some heavy stuff to make us well prepared for the night. A few times the story ended bad with puking all over the place and not knowing what to have done the whole night and waking up at a strange place..Puberty :angel

oh boy... not remembering what you had done the previous night? :p Good old times?

Alessio
10-06-2014, 05:09 AM
I guess so..;)

oh boy... not remembering what you had done the previous night? :p Good old times?

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Very friendly unless someone is trying to bother me.

vibrant_
10-06-2014, 06:08 AM
I'm never sloppy but I tend to be super talkative and friendly, even more than I already am. I can't hold my liquor so I decided to stop drinking, it's just unnecessary.

Incal
10-06-2014, 06:17 AM
What kind of drunk are you?
Loving?
Mean?
Reckless?
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down? (if you are this one, you don't know it)

Horny.

Ratatoskr9
11-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Loving, living, joyful, hugging everyone that is happy too, it happens rarely but might get angry or melancholic. And borderline having an experience/feeling similiar to orgasm. I get horny as well :P

Can get drunk anywhere, anytime and with anyone :D (I sometimes prefer to get drunk alone at home and listen to eargasmic music/jazz/swing/ambient etc. )

But most people do not prefer to have me around when drunk because I don't have any social fears or fear of emberassment even when sober, so when I drink, I can go a bit crazy. I don't like "always-serious" type of people. It is ok to go nuts when you are not working or studying.

P.S. If annoyed, I can be very disrespectful, harsh and foul-mouthed.