PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a first visit to Frankfurt

Turkophagos
03-22-2010, 07:02 PM
I will be visiting Frankfurt for 5 days next month. Not very enthusiastic about being in Germany, especially this period, but still have to be there for something important. Haven't been in Frankfurt before and the only thing the city is famous here for is sausages.

So, i was wondering what parts of the city I should avoid. Can I have dinner after 22:30 anywhere there? Museums, I'm interested in German history-stuff, not stolen antiquities. How about clubbing?

Any other tips are welcome, thanks in advance you chauvinist nazi bastards. :)

Zyklop
03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
I will be visiting Frankfurt for 5 days next month. Not very enthusiastic about being in Germany, especially this period, but still have to be there for something important. Haven't been in Frankfurt before and the only thing the city is famous here for is sausages.

So, i was wondering what parts of the city I should avoid. Can I have dinner after 22:30 anywhere there? Museums, I'm interested in German history-stuff, not stolen antiquities. How about clubbing?

Any other tips are welcome, thanks in advance you chauvinist nazi bastards. :)I suppose you are talking about Frankfurt am Main? Sorry to say but you picked by far the worst German city. One of the highest immigrant quotas and by far the highest crime quota. Aside from the old city centre I wouldn't know much interesting places.

However, you surely won't have a problem with having dinner late at night or with clubbing. Don't expect to see much of German culture, though.

Arne
03-26-2010, 11:33 AM
The Rail Station and the Airport is what i would recommend.....
to leave the worsest of the worse cities.
Btw there are some harlots which you can try..

Turkophagos
03-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Frankfurt wasn't a choice, just a necessity.

Anyway, i think i will have a 24 hour break, isn't anything nearby in this region worth visiting? There must be something in a 2-3 hours range by train/car...

Arne
03-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Wiesbaden and Mainz..
Not even me ever visited Wiesbaden but it seems to be nice there.
http://www.kinkaa.de/imgd/Wiesbaden--3884.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Wiesbaden-nerobergbahn.JPG

Loddfafner
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
There are major collections of Germanic art in Maintz and in Karlsruhe.

Svanhild
03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
So, i was wondering what parts of the city I should avoid.
You should avoid the bank and financial district. Frankfurt is the seat of the European Central Bank. There are rumors that they burn and dismember Greeks on the streets. :cool: But you could bring some money to Germany to pay your debts. 25 bio. € at the minimum.

Any other tips are welcome, thanks in advance you chauvinist nazi bastards. :)
You're welcome, corrupt temple-building boy lovers. :wink

jerney
03-27-2010, 07:12 AM
You should avoid the bank and financial district. Frankfurt is the seat of the European Central Bank. There are rumors that they burn and dismember Greeks on the streets. :cool: But you could bring some money to Germany to pay your debts. 25 bio. € at the minimum.

That would be a really good idea if he weren't spending all his money on me. And we will really enjoy that money on the Greek islands. Vielen Dank! :thumb001:

Svanhild
03-27-2010, 12:44 PM
That would be a really good idea if he weren't spending all his money on me.
Good catch! :wink Nichts für ungut.

Hulu
03-31-2022, 05:40 PM
:gpost: