PDA

View Full Version : Misael Bañuelos - Antropología actual de los Españoles

Stefan
03-22-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm looking for the book, hopefully online, so I can translate it in google translate. I've been reading some of the things in SNPA (http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/banuelos01.htm) and I find them very interesting and I want to read more. Thanks for any help.

The Dinaric man offers among its most salient psychological qualities, a strong love of country, but particularly to the homeland, the mountains and valleys where they live, the land where their ancestors are buried, and fields has tour of his childhood and youth. This affection for the homeland led him to be proud of his homeland and origin, racially feeling proud of their ancestors and their contemporaries.

The eyes are brown, more or less obscure, and even black, and the expression of the face, together with the body, is that race is a particularly powerful and conscious of their strength.
:thumb001: :) Even though of course I don't believe race or phenotype affects things that "deep" in the mental process, I like it.

Amapola
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm looking for the book, hopefully online, so I can translate it in google translate. I've been reading some of the things in SNPA (http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/banuelos01.htm) and I find them very interesting and I want to read more. Thanks for any help.

:thumb001: :) Even though of course I don't believe race affects things that "deep" in the mental process, I like it.

I have it; for my taste there are too many inaccuracies and it was greatly influenced by the political dominant trend of the time (no need to specify which was). I didn't like how señor Misael wrote about Mediterraneans for example in contrast to Nordics. ;)

Stefan
03-22-2010, 08:12 PM
I didn't like how señor Misael wrote about Mediterraneans for example in contrast to Nordics. ;)

Please tell me there isn't some form of Nordicism in it. :mad: It does seem very influenced by bias and like I said those mental connections seem like he is jumping to conclusions, but that is why I'm finding it interesting. :D

Don
03-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Please tell me there isn't some form of Nordicism in it. :mad: It does seem very influenced by bias and like I said those mental connections seem like he is jumping to conclusions, but that is why I'm finding it interesting. :D

That book it's quite...well, read these fragments:

"El hombre nórdico es dueño de sí mismo y poco susceptible a ser dominado por influjos extraños (sic.)".

"Los nórdicos son más educables en el sentimiento caballeresco que las otras razas que pueblan nuestra península.(sic.)"

The Nordic man is master of himself and little susceptible to being dominated by foreign influences '.

The Nordics are more easily educable in the sense of chivalry than the other races that populate our peninsula. '

Qur'an has more sense than the words of this poor man.
Anyway, is useful as toilet paper... Apart of that, don't expect neither to have fun with their idiocies, are too typical and predictable.:zzz

Stefan
03-22-2010, 08:41 PM
That book it's quite...well, read these fragments:

"El hombre nórdico es dueño de sí mismo y poco susceptible a ser dominado por influjos extraños (sic.)".

"Los nórdicos son más educables en el sentimiento caballeresco que las otras razas que pueblan nuestra península.(sic.)"

The Nordic man is master of himself and little susceptible to being dominated by foreign influences (sic) '.

The Nordics are more easily educable in the sense of chivalry than the other races that populate our peninsula. (Sic) '

Qur'an has more sense than the words of this poor man.
Anyway, is useful as toilet paper. Apart of that, don't expect neither to have fun with their idiocies, are too typical and predictable.

Well I find his Alpinid bashing quite amusingly dumb. It doesn't surprise me that on the contrast he is interested in Nordids, and like all true Nordicists he probably wasn't one. :D Anyway mostly I wanted to read about this "Eurasian race" and "preasiáticos". Those terms are more unfamiliar, and they spark my interest in how he goes about things.

Don
03-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Well I find his Alpinid bashing quite amusingly dumb. It doesn't surprise me that on the contrast he is interested in Nordids, and like all true Nordicists he probably wasn't one. :D Anyway mostly I wanted to read about this "Eurasian race" and "preasiáticos". Those terms are more unfamiliar, and they spark my interest in how he goes about things.

If you want to know how were our ancestors, take a look at the writings of Estrabón, Tito Livio, Trogo and other roman historians who wrote first about these men and women.
2000 years do not change the real essences of old blood. Neither legends, idiocies and books like the previous.
Essentia manent.

Stefan
03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
If you want to know how were our ancestors, take a look at the writings of Estrabón, Tito Livio, Trogo and other roman historians who wrote first about these men and women.
2000 years do not change the real essences of old blood. Neither legends, idiocies and books like the previous.
Essentia manent.

Well it is mostly me analyzing distinctions in typology systems and methods of creation based on authors than actually taken credit in the descriptions of specific groups or "races", unless I am further interested in that field of course. After reading how detailed some of those "psychological profile" things were, either they be insulting or complementary, I considered reading more of it, but if the book is filled with Nordid lust and/or envy, which I find extremely boring anymore, especially since the people who boast it rarely are Nordids themselves, I'd rather not. I'll take you up on your recommendations though as I've already been planning on reading some more ancient descriptions and comparing them with modern ones some other time, which you helped out a lot by naming a few. :thumbs up

Ibericus
03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
It is pure crap from a scientific point of view.