PDA

View Full Version : Authorities Cut Down 6,000 Trees to Stop Sex in Forest

Sol Invictus
03-24-2010, 09:42 AM
The Times of India
March 23, 2010

As many as 6,000 trees have been felled in a forest near a British town to prevent couples from having sex there, a media report said.

The trees were hacked at the 12-hectare site on the outskirts of Darwen, Lancashire, after a “health and safety survey”, Daily Express reported Tuesday.

Officials say the forest that runs for kilometers along the busy A666 was cleared as some of the trees, planted after the Second World War, were in danger of falling.

Police and councillors have, however, confirmed another reason was to discourage strangers from the known “dogging” area.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/mad-mad-world/6000-trees-axed-to-prevent-sex-romps-in-forest/articleshow/5714876.cms

Treffie
03-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Luckily the trees cut down were for commercial use. These areas are quite sterile anyway compared to native broadleaf forests.

The area will be replanted with native species that in 20 years, people will see the benefit of.

“I’m more than happy that this management is being carried out, and it has a double whammy in terms of the sexual behaviour.

“I’ve heard anecdotally that since the trees have been cleared, it’s quietened down a lot.”

Source (http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/darwen/5074429.6_000_trees_felled_on_outskirts_of_Darwen/)

Liffrea
03-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Sergeant Mark Wilson said the sexual activities in the area were "an on-going problem and very worrying for members of the public".

I might imagine so if it was happening in the middle of an urban public space in broad daylight, but out in the woods at four in the morning where the only people are the kinky, druggies and winos……..

It’s a bit extreme cutting down trees just because some randy buggers fancy a shag.

Octothorpe
03-24-2010, 05:08 PM
If your lumber falls in that forest, is anyone going to hear it? :rolleyes:

The Lawspeaker
03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I wonder what's the problem of people having sex in a forest? It's not like every one can see it from his bedroom.
This is rather extreme to come up with such environmental and visual pollution for the sake of "protecting decency". But I hope that the "native species" will enrich the area.

Loddfafner
03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
American cities regularly remove shrubbery in parks to make it harder for televangelists to have anonymous sex with politicians.

Liffrea
03-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Asega
I wonder what's the problem of people having sex in a forest?

Never tried it myself but I guess the bark doesn’t half make your arse sore….then again if you’re George Michael you would be turned on by that. Needles, pine cones, various kinds of crap.

Sod that.

It's not like every one can see it from his bedroom.

You would be surprised (or perhaps not) the lengths some people go to in order to find things that offend them……

Beorn
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh noes! It is a slight against our Germanic identity and heritage.

:rotfl:

Yet another elf 'n safety issue taken care of by our ever stalwart overlords.

anonymaus
03-24-2010, 06:47 PM
then again if you’re George Michael

I don't see anything wrong with enjoying some random public sex and a kebab.