PDA

View Full Version : Ashes to ashes: Gene hunt is the man who speaks for us all

Liffrea
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
LET'S face it, it's a line we'd all love to utter: "He's got fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course."

But we wouldn't - or at least only in the company of a few very carefully chosen friends - because these days we are well schooled in the ways of potential offence. The gloriously inappropriate words come from Gene Hunt, of course - the anti-hero of the hit BBC1 show Ashes To Ashes, which begins its final series next week. He's the time-warp detective who commentators would refer to as "unreconstructed" these days - but not back in the early Eighties when the series is set, because back then there was no personality to construct in the first place. Like Gene, you spoke as you found and expected others to do the same.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/164906

Other Gene Hunt classics:

"She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot"

"faker than a trannys fanny"

"You so much as belch out of line and I'll have your scrotum on a barbed wire plate"

"Slower then a spastic in a magnet factory".

Gene Hunt: I'm done with this game. Let's play another. Let's play, eh, hopscotch or pin the tail on a donkey. You pick, Dora.
Dora Keens: I want a lawyer.
Gene Hunt: I wanna hump Britt Eklund, what are we gonna do?

They reckon you've got concussion - but personally, I couldn't give a tart's furry cup if half your brains are falling out. Don't ever waltz into my kingdom playing king of the jungle.

Gene Hunt: I think you've forgotten who you're talking to.
Sam Tyler: An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline-alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding?
Gene Hunt: You make that sound like a bad thing.

Drugs eh? What's the point. They make you forget, make you talk funny, make you see things that aren't there. My old grandma got all of that for free when she had a stroke.