PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Insists on Full EU Membership

poiuytrewq0987
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Turkish Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan repeated demands on Wednesday for full EU membership, pitting himself on a collision course with Germany days before a visit by Chancellor Angela Merkel.

"We are already conducting negotiations, and these are aimed at full membership. For us, there is no alternative," Erdogan said in an interview with the German weekly Zeit, as cited by DPA.

http://novinite.com/view_news.php?id=114566

The Lawspeaker
03-24-2010, 07:03 PM
My brief answer to Turkey:

http://www.literalmayhem.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/fuck-you2.jpg
http://www.igorthetroll.com/images/fuckyou.jpg

With "love", from Europe !

Don
03-24-2010, 07:12 PM
http://casiasi.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/giraldus.gif
Mhhh... No.

Lithium
03-24-2010, 08:06 PM
It will be shame for all if turkey joins EU

Beorn
03-24-2010, 08:27 PM
It will be shame for all if turkey joins EU

Some more than others. Britain will be a rocking place, full to the brim with Turks and Poles.

RoyBatty
03-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Some more than others. Britain will be a rocking place, full to the brim with Turks and Poles.

It's already infested! :D

Óttar
03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
They've already been denied several times by popular vote in several principal European nations. It looks as if they'll keep having referendums until they get in. :tsk:

Anthropos
03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Turkey is a false enemy in this; the European Union is herself the primary enemy.

The Lawspeaker
03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Turkey is a false enemy in this; the European Union is herself the primary enemy.
Well.. the EU is our enemy that wants to bring in Turkey behind our back.
Eurabia.

Sol Invictus
03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Why not? Does European countries actually take pride in being a part of the EU?

The Lawspeaker
03-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Why not? Does European countries actually take pride in being a part of the EU?
Are you bloody nuts ? With them in the bloody EU we would get an invasion of Turks in the EU that will make the current one look like a trickle.

Sol Invictus
03-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Are you bloody nuts ? With them in the bloody EU we would get an invasion of Turks in the EU that will make the current one look like a trickle.

Didn't think so.

The Lawspeaker
03-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Didn't think so.
Turkey has over 80 million inhabitants.. the majority of them still living in poverty. Guess where they will be if Turkey joins the EU ?

Right in my bloody street !

Pallantides
03-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Hopefully Norway will never join the EU.

The Lawspeaker
03-24-2010, 10:20 PM
I pray for a miracle; my country LEAVING the EU.

poiuytrewq0987
03-25-2010, 03:14 AM
It's a bit disturbing that Turkey has the second largest army in the NATO. It's also disturbing that Turkey can easily invade and win wars in Greece and Bulgaria if it wanted to. Balkan countries are definitely at the mercy of Turkey however they know that such invasion will not be without repercussions. Concerning Turkey wanting to join the EU, there's not a lot the EU can benefit from Turkey joining the EU.

Anthropos
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
It's a bit disturbing that Turkey has the second largest army in the NATO. It's also disturbing that Turkey can easily invade and win wars in Greece and Bulgaria if it wanted to. Balkan countries are definitely at the mercy of Turkey however they know that such invasion will not be without repercussions. Concerning Turkey wanting to join the EU, there's not a lot the EU can benefit from Turkey joining the EU.
There is too. You just gave a strong argument to the contrary of your conclusion and nothing in its favour.

There is the unholy alliance between political elite and corporate interest as usual. That dynamic works in many ways, two of the most important being focused on supply of labour and new areas in which to market products and services.

Not to mention that Turkey's military power and strategic position is another reason for the EU and the West to want to incorporate her and tie her in more closely in their plans.

Murphy
03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
As much as I oppose the EU, I will fight tooth and nail to keep the Mohammedan out of it. The simple fact is that if Turkey enters the EU, it will finish us.

poiuytrewq0987
03-25-2010, 02:55 PM
As much as I oppose the EU, I will fight tooth and nail to keep the Mohammedan out of it. The simple fact is that if Turkey enters the EU, it will finish us.

We need a IRA-esque organization except its goal would be to keep Turkey out of the EU. :D

RoyBatty
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM

We're already finished, with or without the friends of Allah. The Muslims are but one of the threats. There are bigger and much worse ones, particularly the threat from those who live and move among us and who occupy most of the seats of authority.

The Khagan
03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Not to mention that Turkey's military power and strategic position is another reason for the EU and the West to want to incorporate her and tie her in more closely in their plans.

Something the Russians have been vying for via that partnership agreement not long ago.

poiuytrewq0987
03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
We're already finished, with or without the friends of Allah. The Muslims are but one of the threats. There are bigger and much worse ones, particularly the threat from those who live and move among us and who occupy most of the seats of authority.

That is a subtle way of saying it. :tongue

Germanicus
03-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Concerning Turkey wanting to join the EU, there's not a lot the EU can benefit from Turkey joining the EU.

Let's start off my post by saying the financial burden of bringing the poorer members of the Eu into line with the richer contries is an absolute nightmare, the addition of a very poor Turkey is a financial burden our children will have to pay for.
In the Daily Mail today it was reported that the Uk's contribution to the EU is £40,000,000 a day..........yes 40 million pounds a day....breathtaking is'nt it?

poiuytrewq0987
03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Let's start off my post by saying the financial burden of bringing the poorer members of the Eu into line with the richer contries is an absolute nightmare, the addition of a very poor Turkey is a financial burden our children will have to pay for.
In the Daily Mail today it was reported that the Uk's contribution to the EU is £40,000,000 a day..........yes 40 million pounds a day....breathtaking is'nt it?

California alone has a GDP of $1.85 trillion. Compare her GDP to South Carolina; SC's GDP is $97 billion. A huge gap, in a sense, South Carolina is a poor country, and it's pretty apparent that Californian tax dollars contribute significantly to the development of South Carolina and other poorer "countries" in the USA, and yet I don't hear any crying about how those countries should be kicked out of the USA because they don't contribute enough. :p

Germanicus
03-25-2010, 10:31 PM
'In 2007, five countries - Germany, France, Italy, the UK, and Spain - contributed nearly half of the budget.

In fact, Germany alone - Europe's largest economy - paid more than the 19 lowest-paying member states combined.'

poiuytrewq0987
03-25-2010, 10:33 PM
'In 2007, five countries - Germany, France, Italy, the UK, and Spain - contributed nearly half of the budget.

In fact, Germany alone - Europe's largest economy - paid more than the 19 lowest-paying member states combined.'

Yes, I get that the Western European countries are super rich and Eastern European countries are dirt poor and we should overthrow the EU because they don't contribute enough. Just like we should dissolve the union of states because there are poorer states who don't contribute similar amounts to richer states.

Don
03-25-2010, 10:43 PM

I insist. This is my idea of Europe (ancient map of Strabo).
Iberia, Galia, Brettania, Itálica (and greece) and Germania. STOP.
NO FURTHER EAST. That zone could be called "eurasia" or "jioajidasghvcxias", but never Europe.

http://historiainfinita.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/map_of_europe_according_to_strabo.jpg

Anthropos
03-25-2010, 10:47 PM

Population figures:
Germany (the biggest EU country by population): 81,757,600
France: 65,447,374
UK: 62,041,708
Italy: 60,231,214

And so on... :) I much doubt that they are paying a dime more than they should to the EU.

Don
03-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Population figures:

And so on... :) I much doubt that they are paying a dime more than they should to the EU.

Spain: 42.745.807 (+4.000.000 "new guests").

Osweo
03-25-2010, 11:06 PM
NO FURTHER EAST. That zone could be called "eurasia" or "jioajidasghvcxias", but never Europe.

http://historiainfinita.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/map_of_europe_according_to_strabo.jpg

If you use Strabo's map, you should really use his own definition - everything west of the DON.

Quite what an Iberian has against the Slavs, Balts, Finnics and so on is beyond me. :rolleyes: Do you even make an exception for your Romance speaking fellows across the Danube?

If you take the Classical Oikumene as your starting point, why do you include Germania? Are the Germanics not as strange to this world as the Slavs?

Pallantides
03-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Scandinavia is not on the map either:D

poiuytrewq0987
03-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Scandinavia is not on the map either:D

It's because you're not Nordid. ;)

poiuytrewq0987
03-25-2010, 11:27 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Europe_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg/541px-Europe_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg.png

This works for me.

Beorn
03-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Population figures:

In 2007, Germany gave E164 billion to the EU budget. Germany had a population of 82 million and received from the EU budget E78 billion in return.

Bulgaria, on the other hand gave E2.3 billion with a population of 8 million, and got E12 billion back from the EU.

The list is endless.

Czech Republic Out:E9.2 billion In:E31 billion. Pop.:11 million.
Estonia Out: E0.8 billion In: E4 billion Pop.:2 million.
Romania Out: E7.2 billion In: E32 billion Pop.: 22 million.

The justice? Well the Netherlands paid E37 billion and got a whopping E13 billion back with a population of 17 million.

LOL! Look at Ireland. They paid E11 million out and got E12 billion back with a population of 5 million.

Is there any worth them being in the EU?

Pallantides
03-25-2010, 11:41 PM
It's because you're not Nordid. ;)

well Spain, Portugal , Britannia and Italy and are on the map and they are not exactly Nordid either, much less than Scandinavia that is for sure.
:p

poiuytrewq0987
03-25-2010, 11:48 PM
well Spain, Portugal , Britannia and Italy and are on the map and they are not exactly Nordid either, much less than Scandinavia that is for sure.
:p

Haven't you heard? The countries you brought up are full of Nordic Gods.

Don
03-26-2010, 12:55 AM
If you use Strabo's map, you should really use his own definition - everything west of the DON.

Quite what an Iberian has against the Slavs, Balts, Finnics and so on is beyond me. :rolleyes: Do you even make an exception for your Romance speaking fellows across the Danube?

If you take the Classical Oikumene as your starting point, why do you include Germania? Are the Germanics not as strange to this world as the Slavs?

If we take it to the extremes... just to western part of Rhin.
BUT "Germania" contributed quite more to "Europe" than slavs (who in my -I admit- highly restrictive idea of europe, are not part of it).

Germanic blood and culture (in particular Visigothic) is an important part of Spain as it is to western Europe. Something that does not happen with eastern regions.
That's is the logic reason why I can not keep them away from "my Europe".

Scandinavia could be considered as part of Germania, a great of caesaric idea (some kind of modern "war on terror"- focus attention on that huge menace to our society) of those regions with less common traits between the tribes that dwelt there than the insidious attempts to deny it told and tell in some kind of Pangermanic idea.

The Khagan
03-26-2010, 01:38 AM
If we take it to the extremes... just to western part of Rhin.
BUT "Germania" contributed quite more to "Europe" than slavs (who in my -I admit- highly restrictive idea of europe, are not part of it).

Uhm, why?

Scandinavia could be considered as part of Germania, a great of caesaric idea (some kind of modern "war on terror"- focus attention on that huge menace to our society) of those regions with less common traits between the tribes that dwelt there than the insidious attempts to deny it told and tell in some kind of Pangermanic idea.

Pan-Germanicism doesn't exist. And shouldn't.

But if it did, Scandinavia would obviously be apart of it, seeing as it is the Germanic homeland.

Don
03-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Uhm, why?
:confused:The answer is "somewhere" in the my words you quoted.

Pan-Germanicism doesn't exist. And shouldn't.
If you say so...:rolleyes2:

But if it did, Scandinavia would obviously be apart of it, seeing as it is the Germanic homeland.
"somewhere" in the my words you quoted I say something like that, except that about "germanic homeland". That is quite inappropriate (as well as incoherent with the negation of pan-germanism).

The Khagan
03-26-2010, 01:58 AM
All I get from your words is some form of convoluted esotericism, and again in your explanation. "Somewhere" doesn't exactly mean anything, and you've failed to explain how Slavs haven't contributed to your notion of Europe as a cultural entity, if that's what it is.

Is Tchaikovsky not as important as Wagner?

Don
03-26-2010, 02:15 AM
All I get from your words is some form of convoluted esotericism, and again in your explanation. "Somewhere" doesn't exactly mean anything, and you've failed to explain how Slavs haven't contributed to your notion of Europe as a cultural entity, if that's what it is.

Is Tchaikovsky not as important as Wagner?

As you see esoteric traits in my words I see in yours vagrancy in your intentions of understanding mine (or the usual denial).

Again with the facts (useless if is denial the obstacle as I expect):
Contribution of slavic cultures is minimum in western european countries compared to germanic. Western european countries have been historically the ram and banners of european culture in the whole world (read here Iberia, Galia, Brettania) previous critic influence in these by Roman and Greek cultures.

Anthropos
03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
As you see esoteric traits in my words I see in yours vagrancy in your intentions of understanding mine (or the usual denial).

Again with the facts (useless if is denial the obstacle as I expect):
Contribution of slavic cultures is minimum in western european countries compared to germanic. Western european countries have been historically the ram and banners of european culture in the whole world (read here Iberia, Galia, Brettania) previous critic influence in these by Roman and Greek cultures.

Slavs are also heirs to Greek and Roman culture.

The fame "in the whole world" of Spain and other colonial powers is not something that makes them more European (or better) than others.

Don
03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Slavs are also heirs to Greek and Roman culture.

The fame "in the whole world" of Spain and other colonial powers is not something that makes them more European (or better) than others.

Yes, jews tried that for centuries and still some people support those Leyendas Negras.

To me the deeds of Iberians, including circumnavigate this planet or conquer América, just as a pair of examples, ignoring the cultural or artistic contributions and others, deserve respect and admiration in the same proportion as envy and "bad fame".

Slavic cultures have not this weight in the "whole world" shared by westerners, in particular Spaniards, followed by english (it should be in the other order but...)

Liffrea
03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Apparently when Sultan Mehmet entered St Sophia when Constantinople fell in 1453 he uttered the following verses from a Persian poem:

The spider weaves the curtains in the palace of the Caesars;
The owl calls the watches in the towers of Afrasib.

Quite apt don’t you think?

Anthropos
03-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes, jews tried that for centuries and still some people support those Leyendas Negras.

To me the deeds of Iberians, including circumnavigate this planet or conquer América, just as a pair of examples, ignoring the cultural or artistic contributions and others, deserve respect and admiration in the same proportion as envy and "bad fame".

Slavic cultures have not this weight in the "whole world" shared by westerners, in particular Spaniards, followed by english (it should be in the other order but...)

You are changing the subject all the time.

I do not envy you. It has nothing to do with envy.

I did not refer or allude to leyendas negras. It is most eccentric of you to make such allusions. Firstly for you, the mention of Turkey was the pretext on which you shared your views to the effect that Slavs are lesser folks and not Europeans. But that was not enough, of course. You had to go on about how your folks deserve respect and admiration - in contrast, as it would seem, to Slavs.

Not to mention that you directly associate anyone not in your favour with Jews. :confused:

Don
03-26-2010, 01:21 PM
You are changing the subject all the time.

I do not envy you. It has nothing to do with envy.

I did not refer or allude to leyendas negras. It is most eccentric of you to make such allusions. Firstly for you, the mention of Turkey was the pretext on which you shared your views to the effect that Slavs are lesser folks and not Europeans. But that was not enough, of course. You had to go on about how your folks deserve respect and admiration - in contrast, as it would seem, to Slavs.

Not to mention that you directly associate anyone not in your favour with Jews. :confused:

I was not focusing on you, but mainly in the millions of people of hispanic américa who in a huge proportion support those legends (curiously the hate/envy transforms into pride depending on "amount" of european traits their phenotype displays.)

Well, I used the Strabo map and, according to my restrictive point of view of western europe and europe, if I have doubts to include the slavics, imagine what I think about turkey...

If one is old spaniard and knows well the history of this nation, is impossible not to identify the jewish hand after most of the "problems" we had since we kicked them (and before, including their coalition with muslim invaders).
Seems nowadays things have not changed. Don't you think? :)

Anthropos
03-26-2010, 01:30 PM
I was not focusing on you, but mainly in the millions of people of hispanic américa who in a huge proportion support those legends (curiously the hate/envy transforms into pride depending on "amount" of european traits their phenotype displays.)

Well, I used the Strabo map and, according to my restrictive point of view of western europe and europe, if I have doubts to include the slavics, imagine what I think about turkey...

If one is old spaniard and knows well the history of this nation, is impossible not to identify the jewish hand after most of the "problems" we had since we kicked them (and before, including their coalition with muslim invaders).
Seems nowadays things have not changed. Don't you think? :)
No. It seems to me that you are talking to yourself, having a monologue, indulging in free association and all the time asserting your superiority in so doing.

Don
03-26-2010, 01:39 PM
No. It seems to me that you are talking to yourself, having a monologue, indulging in free association and all the time asserting your superiority in so doing.

Quite simplistic approximation to my psyche. But if works for you...

The Khagan
03-26-2010, 06:54 PM
LOL

like some Slavs didn't practice their own form of colonialism? Ever hear of Russia?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Imperio_Ruso_zenith.PNG

And if we're going to keep picking at this, Rus' and the subsequent Russian state could be seen as a cultural heir of the Byzantines.

Anthropos
03-26-2010, 06:59 PM
LOL

like some Slavs didn't practice their own form of colonialism? Ever hear of Russia?

And if we're going to keep picking at this, Rus' and the subsequent Russian state could be seen as a cultural heir of the Byzantines.
LOL yes I heard of Russia but the thing is that I don't think that Spain or Russia is more European than others for having been colonial powers. Do you?

Have you ever heard of Japan? :P

poiuytrewq0987
03-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Moscow is indeed "Third Rome", and the Russian Empire is the successor of the Byzantine Empire. Now fuck off!

The Khagan
03-26-2010, 07:07 PM
LOL yes I heard of Russia but the thing is that I don't think that Spain or Russia is more European than others for having been colonial powers. Do you?

Have you ever heard of Japan? :P

Chill brah, I was directing that post at Cristiano.

Of course not, I don't see how the two are related.

Don
03-26-2010, 07:23 PM
LOL

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Imperio_Ruso_zenith.PNG

No, I never heard about that.
Don't bother me with your Asiatic maps and your stupid questions.

poiuytrewq0987
03-26-2010, 07:25 PM
No, I never heard about that. Don't bother me with your Asiatic maps and your stupid questions.

Why not you go die in a fire or get hit by a bus? Please remind yourself of the Spanish Empire's deeds. The doings of the Spaniards have created a monstrous race we know today as the mestizos. Thanks to the Indian-loving Spaniards, they now plague many European colonials.

Don
03-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Why not you go die in a fire or get hit by a bus? Please remind yourself of the Spanish Empire's deeds. The doings of the Spaniards have created a monstrous race we know today as the mestizos. Thanks to the Indian-loving Spaniards, they now plague many European colonials.

You don't suffer like us the invasion of our old land and consequences of those who call themselves "latinos" . No one is the focus of their hate as Spaniards are.

Ask responsabilities too to the indian chiefs and the indian women, who cried to have sons with the "people of the sun".

The Khagan
03-26-2010, 07:43 PM
No, I never heard about that.
Don't bother me with your Asiatic maps and your stupid questions.

I didn't know Alaska, Fennoscandia, and the rest North Eastern Europe were in Asia.

WOW YOU SURE KNOW A LOT.

Anthropos
03-26-2010, 07:46 PM

I like the Mestizos... and the Mestizas.

Wow, a butterfly just sailed in through my window... it's spring!

Anthropos
03-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I didn't know Alaska, Fennoscandia, and the rest North Eastern Europe were in Asia.

WOW YOU SURE KNOW A LOT.

That's Finland, not Fennoscandia, but you get as much points anyway, because Finland and Russia are a part of Europe.

The Khagan
03-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I like the Mestizos... and the Mestizas.

Wow, a butterfly just sailed in through my window... it's spring!

Same... not the butterfly thing, the mestizo thing. Fuck butterflies.

I don't generalize, but on average they're a fine people. At least, what I've seen. Decent, hardworking, and generous.

For every bad example one could give me for Mestizos, I could bring back 20 good ones to counter it.

Murphy
03-26-2010, 09:24 PM

Please, it is not that they are Mohammedans that is the problem. It's that they are foreign at all, and that they will come at us as a tide sent by the pagan gods of old to scour the world.

Not to mention, acceptance of Turkey will only lead to a greater acceptance of other nations we would be best keep our borders restricted to. I fully accept that the dangers lay within our own borders, our own people. But there is still hope. We are not finished yet.

RoyBatty
03-26-2010, 09:34 PM
That guy who flew his plane into the IRS building in Texas made some interesting points about being enslaved and indoctrinated by "the State" into the false belief that he (and his fellow citizens) were somehow "free". In the end he realised that this conditioning to OBEY AUTHORITY enslaved the majority of citizens including, for some years, himself.

The State and many of those who hold the seats of power (police, courts, politicians, media etc) find innovative ways to legalise theft from the people and turn them into compliant little zombies.

Sadly this is what's happening in our societies. We're so conditioned into accepting all the BS that our countries are being "transformed" right under our feet while the relative "freedoms" we used to enjoy are all but disappearing. Ever more punitive taxes are heaped upon us to enrich the parasites at the very top and the very bottom of the scales.

We may not be finished, yet, but the way things are going we're going to need some major miracles and a major awakening of public consciousness to reclaim what is ours.

Borat Paor
04-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Long live Turkey!

Monolith
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Long live Turkey!
I agree!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/knowhow/glossary/turkey/image.jpg

Kanasyuvigi
04-01-2010, 11:06 PM

http://www.earth-history.com/Europe/_images/900eur.jpg
Cristiano Viejo, is the Emirate of Cordova Europe?