PDA

View Full Version : Earth Hour 2010

Radojica
03-26-2010, 11:38 AM
FclcMfzjwug

Earth Hour 2010 is set to be the best yet, but it all depends on you getting involved and spreading the message that you are committed to the future.
Earth Hour 2010 will occur on 27th March, at 8:30 local time, all around the world.

Hope some of you will join! Just turn off the lights, turn off the lights ;)

Skandi
03-27-2010, 12:15 AM
I will not be joining in another gimmic, another way for governments to make money and keep control, this is just publicity for their campaigns

Germanicus
03-27-2010, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=Radojica;
Hope some of you will join! Just turn off the lights, turn off the lights ;)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm i've been thinking on this one, if i turned off the light's, the probability is that one of my staffies will chew the TV remote, so on reflection i will not turn all the lights off..:D

RoyBatty
03-27-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm with Thrymheim. It's a fad for the gullible, most likely dreamt up by the same squad which brought us "Climate Change", "Sustainable Human Population Levels" and so on. Say no to conditioning and the herd mentality.

Tabiti
03-27-2010, 05:41 AM
I don't believe in the Global warming. We are surely destroying our planet, but I'm sure Nature would destroy humanity someday. No need to make campaigns "Save the planet", bla-bla, we must safe ourselves.

Brynhild
03-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Has the thought ever occurred to you that it's simply a good time to not bother with any of our mod-cons? Our forebears managed to survive quite well. We should probably do it more often, but over here (where it started, btw), it's been a regular practice now for the last few years. In our house, we switch everything off, bar the fridge and electronic phone, every day.

How about sparing the scepticism and giving something back for what you take out? Surely one hour (to start with) isn't asking for much?

Daos
03-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Instead of turning everything off for one hour per year, why not limit your overall consumption?:confused:

Radojica
03-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Have anybody of you ever heard for Agenda 21? No? "Act globally, think locally". No?! Nevermind then :P

Lulletje Rozewater
03-27-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm with Thrymheim. It's a fad for the gullible, most likely dreamt up by the same squad which brought us "Climate Change", "Sustainable Human Population Levels" and so on. Say no to conditioning and the herd mentality.
Can not afford it,to many gangsters running around in my area.:embarrassed

RoyBatty
03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Can not afford it,to many gangsters running around in my area.:embarrassed

Zap those pesky kaffers with three-phase 380V!! :D :thumb001:

If we were realistic we'd realise and accept that near 100% of us at Apricity won't be going back to nature or a pre-technological era. The very fact that we're posting on an Internet forum (requiring technology, electricity etc) proves this.

Therefore any kind of "carbon consciousness" and "turning off the lights one day to save the environment" etc is self-deluding fluffy feelgood hogwash, imposed on us by social engineers and manipulators.

The suggestions to not be wasteful or over-consume are good ones but if one were to truly buy into the media promoted bunny-hugger agendas there can only be one realistic choice to help "sustain the environment". The solution to remove yourself from the consumption, "global warming" (scam) and pollution chain is better known as Suicide.

I have no current ambition to self-terminate or to "go back to nature". I have no interest in following popular fads which resolve nothing except to condition people into a corrupted and self-deluding mindset and only serves to increase the power of media and social engineering control over their minds.

We're here on earth, we consume, we're innately selfish, we're motivated by greed to a certain extent and most of us plan to stay alive for the forseeable future. There's no point denying this or being made to feel "guilt" and "shame" about it.

The Lawspeaker
03-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Another costly folly. I didn't bother to join in.

Falkata
03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Very useful initiative, Iīm sure the Earth is safe now from God knows what (the mad cows? the A flu? the ozone hole? 2000 effect? Mars attack? What will be the next global paranoia :confused:)
Tell to the hundreds millions of chineses and indians who are living in the middle of the shit, that they canīt develope themselves because some bored snobbish rich westerns think that the Earth is getting hotter :eek:

Tabiti
03-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Overpopulation is problem, not global warming. But when you speak about "depopulating", not imaging new taxes for emissions, you'd become an enemy of the humankind. Overpopulation = pollution = hunger = diseases = unfair trade = exploitation = most resources in the hands of few persons = GMO = cultural shocks = immigration = race-mixing and so on you can continue, I'm sure

Lars
03-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Useless initiative for drones.

Think about mankind's overall ecological footprint and abstain from participating in this shit.

Pop-culture and water cooler nonsense.

Skandi
03-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Has the thought ever occurred to you that it's simply a good time to not bother with any of our mod-cons? Our forebears managed to survive quite well. We should probably do it more often, but over here (where it started, btw), it's been a regular practice now for the last few years. In our house, we switch everything off, bar the fridge and electronic phone, every day.

How about sparing the scepticism and giving something back for what you take out? Surely one hour (to start with) isn't asking for much?

Try my house..No heating, no microwave, no TV, no washing machine, What EXACTLY should I be turning off?

Tolleson
03-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Try my house..No heating, no microwave, no TV, no washing machine, What EXACTLY should I be turning off?

The computer? :mocking: Couldn't resist! :D

Treffie
03-30-2010, 11:29 AM

Nothing? I'm surprised that you haven't become pregnant! :p

The Lawspeaker
03-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Nothing? I'm surprised that you haven't become pregnant! :p
:eek: