PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful women programmed to be unfaithful?

Vulpix
01-14-2009, 10:00 AM
The beautiful women who are programmed to be unfaithful

Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1114706/The-beautiful-women-programmed-unfaithful.html): Some women who have affairs really can blame it on their hormones, according to scientists.
Those with high levels of the sex hormone oestrogen are less satisfied with their partners and therefore more likely to cheat, a study shows.
Such women are also likely to be physically attractive - and the researchers found that beautiful women are more likely to play on their desirability to snare the best mates.

[...]
And then the article uses Tori Spelling as an example of a beautiful woman :bowlol:... Why is Sarah Jessica Parker not there too :D:rolleyes:?

http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A6816/68162/300_68162.jpg

EDIT: They have removed the Tori Spelling picture from the article after being deluged with "Tori Spelling beautiful WTF?" comments :D.

HawkR
01-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Damn! She isn't what I would call beatiful, but then again, I don't judge the looks on people barely on their outside:)

Treffie
01-14-2009, 10:06 AM
And then the article uses Tori Spelling as an example of a beautiful woman :bowlol:... Why is Sarah Jessica Parker not there too :D:rolleyes:?

Yes, but the article comes from the Daily Mail after all. (lol)

Oresai
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I`m happily plain, `homely looking`, glad to be so too. :) But whether I would cheat or not doesn`t come from my hormones but from my upbringing, education and personally developed values.
Hard experience also colours such..having an ex husband who habitually cheated, I know how it feels so could never do that to a man.

HawkR
01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I've, ehm... cheated once, but never again. I can't understand people who say they don't feel bad afterwards, I felt like a true asshole. Now, the relationship ended, by my demand, didn't tell her before 2 weeks later, but then she'd had allready found herself a new guy.

Oresai
01-14-2009, 11:54 AM
When it comes to beauty though (superficial beauty that is) don`t any of the men here admit they can be their own worst enemies? ;) I have seen grown men who should know better, positively melt when my sister (who got the looks in the family ) batted her eyelashes or performed the helpless wee girl routine. :)
Not saying it excuses female behaviour! Only that, well, if guys will fall for it....
"no demand, no supply" kind of thing ;)

SwordoftheVistula
01-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not going to look for ugly girls just because they might be less likely to cheat

Lady L
01-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't think its fair to say only good looking women are cheaters...

There are some attention whores out there who do not know how be a lady...so...I guess there are some groups of women who are into this sleep with every man they meet, but that doesn't mean they are beautiful...you don't have to be beautiful for a man to sleep with you.

And, if you are one of those women, then that makes you less beautiful. :lightbul:

Beorn
01-14-2009, 06:46 PM
It reminds me of the reasoning of some women I read once in a magazine. It basically stated that you are better off settling with a partner who is below average looks, as the temptation to stray would be counter balanced by the fear of losing you and not being able to have a relationship with another; let alone a sexual one.

The prettier you are, they said, the far more likely you are to stray as you know you can have the pick of anyone.

Difference now is that science has put it into terms which can be measured and prodded with.

Sol Invictus
01-14-2009, 06:47 PM
She looks like a man for crying out loud..

Sigurd
01-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Hehe, well, I was given the wisdom as a young boy: "You never have a beautiful woman to yourself, so make sure you keep her on a short leash." Old Austrian wisdom: Lock up your wife and daughter in the cellar so they don't sleep around. I hear Josef F. agrees, too. :coffee:

No, seriously - it doesn't really matter whether a woman is beautiful or butt-ugly, what matters to make her attractive is usually her self-esteem and how she can present herself.

Other than that, I doubt that beautiful women are technically more likely to cheat, the fact that it practically happens more often than with less pretty women is in the nature of the matter: The better you look, the more likely you're going to be approached in the first place, and even if you aren't approached just by looks alone then chances are that your self-esteem is good enough, you'll get more of an opportunity to do so.

Some women have a knack to cheat, some have a knack to be faithful. That is the case both with pretty lasses and with less pretty lasses. I know some of the most evil lasses around, who regularly use their beauty to their favour but the only evil thing they haven't ever done to a lad was to actually cheat on them. And on the other hand I know several shy and reasonably "innocent" girls who cheated on their boyfriend of several years and then choke up a line like "I'm sorry, it was Brad Pitt." :tongue

Yes, but the article comes from the Daily Mail after all. (lol)

I feel that the Daily Mail gets too much of a slagging off, really. Sure, in England it's a bit of a low-standard paper considering it's aimed at the mid-market, but north of Hadrian's Wall, we get the Scottish Daily Mail, which is at least a little more high-brow and pertinent than its English counterpart. ;)

Charles Bronson
03-17-2015, 04:22 AM

Odin
04-03-2018, 09:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xeacdeNhVQ

dperucca
04-03-2018, 09:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xeacdeNhVQ

CNN supports cheating as a way to a happy marriage!
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/health/cuckolding-sex-kerner/index.html

JamesBond007
05-16-2021, 10:14 AM
I have my own theory : once any woman has ridden the cock carousel, or slept with more than 3 or 4 different cocks, it is impossible to hypnotize her with just one cock even if you are hung like a horse.

sean
05-16-2021, 11:43 AM
If a man cheats a lot he is a valuable stud spreading his genes because men don't bear children nor invest that much effort in raising children.

If a beautiful woman cheats a lot she is a worthless genetic dead end as women can only reproduce once a year whereas a man can inseminate countless potential mates.

Thing about studies like this is, we are just applying fallacious strategies, concepts and thoughts to accidents of nature. Evolution never "intended" for anything. Whenever someone says "X has evolved to behave like this in order to do Y" then they are usually making up bullshit theories that the media will love to leap all over.

In this case these "researchers" are simply applying a common sense concept/strategy and saying that we "evolved" this behaviour, applying it to human mating dynamics. I could just as easily theorise, after sticking together some hurried pieces of research, that humans "evolved" to be monogamous due to the benefits of a 2-person team in creating a safe home and working together to raise and protect their offspring by distributing and sharing tasks between them and pooling resources.

There was some book published like 10 years ago or so. Maybe a little less. It was basically a manual for this 'polyamory' bullshit trend that's been growing among women. I remember Dan Savage pushed it a lot because he wanted heterosexuals to be equally as promiscuous as faggots. It's just a big book explaining why monogamy is unnatural and how women should fuck more men because it's empowering or some shit.

Harley
05-16-2021, 09:48 PM
Idk, I don’t agree with the relationship the article is attempting to link between “unfaithful” and “serial monogamist”.

Anyway, I don’t think looks can predict infidelity. You’re better off looking to her background, her choices, and her current circumstances to guess such things.

RenaRyuguu
10-01-2021, 08:19 PM
I don't think in general that looks are connected to cheating.

coolfrenchguy
10-04-2021, 04:32 PM

http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A6816/68162/300_68162.jpghttps://assets.afcdn.com/story/20130228/19563_w640h406.jpg

there is nothing to save here with or without surgery,she's definetly fucking ugly!
EDIT: They have removed the Tori Spelling picture from the article after being deluged with "Tori Spelling beautiful WTF?" comments :D.

coolfrenchguy
10-04-2021, 04:47 PM
If a man cheats a lot he is a valuable stud spreading his genes because men don't bear children nor invest that much effort in raising children.

If a beautiful woman cheats a lot she is a worthless genetic dead end as women can only reproduce once a year whereas a man can inseminate countless potential mates.

Thing about studies like this is, we are just applying fallacious strategies, concepts and thoughts to accidents of nature. Evolution never "intended" for anything. Whenever someone says "X has evolved to behave like this in order to do Y" then they are usually making up bullshit theories that the media will love to leap all over.

In this case these "researchers" are simply applying a common sense concept/strategy and saying that we "evolved" this behaviour, applying it to human mating dynamics. I could just as easily theorise, after sticking together some hurried pieces of research, that humans "evolved" to be monogamous due to the benefits of a 2-person team in creating a safe home and working together to raise and protect their offspring by distributing and sharing tasks between them and pooling resources.

There was some book published like 10 years ago or so. Maybe a little less. It was basically a manual for this 'polyamory' bullshit trend that's been growing among women. I remember Dan Savage pushed it a lot because he wanted heterosexuals to be equally as promiscuous as faggots. It's just a big book explaining why monogamy is unnatural and how women should fuck more men because it's empowering or some shit.

a "fucking" gay pushing people into the polyamory bullshit ,why i'am not suprised
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Savage

i have read a lot of completly opposite and different studies, even than somes are very documented and published on researchgate.com

Voskos
10-04-2021, 05:08 PM
The ugly ones cheat more in Crete. Like ugly hook nosed ones. The pretty are more of a condescending bunch, like somewhat cold and apathetic.

Celestia
10-04-2021, 06:10 PM
Beautiful people have more opportunities to cheat, sure. It really just comes down to ones morals and satisfaction within the relationship.

JosephK
10-04-2021, 06:34 PM
I can't help but think that women who think they're beautiful have more specific standards in their men and would thus be less likely to cheat. If you pay attention to actual people in real life, you'll notice a hell of a lot of "ugly" women cheating and having babies of all races.

Harkonnen
10-04-2021, 08:02 PM
As there is more variation in quality of men it would actually make sense that higher percentage of women cheat with that top percentage men. Too much monogamy is basically destined to lead to degeneration of genetic material.