PDA

View Full Version : When will the DRC ever get rich?

Leto
11-01-2014, 06:28 PM
http://www.newsaboutcongo.com/2009/03/congo-with-24-trillion-in-mineral-wealth-but-still-poor.html

According to last month’s edition of African Business magazine, the total mineral wealth of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is estimated to be $24 trillion – equivalent to the GDP of Europe and the United States combined.

The DRC has the world’s largest reserves of cobalt and significant quantities of the world’s diamonds, gold and copper. This makes the DRC potentially the richest country in the world.

But this central African country has been ranked among the poorest and most underdeveloped countries on this planet.
When do you think the country will become prosperous?

Grenzland
11-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Never.

KawaiiKawaii
11-01-2014, 06:34 PM
When they stop eating each other.

FeederOfRavens
11-01-2014, 06:36 PM
When the leaders stop treating the presidency like a monarchy. Also get rid of local warlords causing problems. Same goes for a lot of African countries.

Leto
11-01-2014, 06:37 PM
When they stop eating each other.
Oh yeah, then they'll become richer than Switzerland. I bet you'll move to the DRC on that very day.

Leto
11-01-2014, 06:38 PM
When the leaders stop treating the presidency like a monarchy. Also get rid of local warlords causing problems. Same goes for a lot of African countries.
Sounds reasonable.
Btw, Burkina Faso is truly democratic. They've just forced their government to resign. Black power at its finest! :thumb001:

Grenzland
11-01-2014, 06:39 PM
They are getting exploited and they don't fight against it. Their fault.

KawaiiKawaii
11-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah, then they'll become richer than Switzerland. I bet you'll move to the DRC on that very day.

Why not? There are loads of economic opportunities in Africa, especially in the mining sector. Congo has natural ressources beyond imagination. If it becomes more stable and stop having an ebola/coup d'état/AIDS/cannibalism/any other African speciality situation every 2 weeks, it might not be a bad place.

Leo Iscariot
11-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Sounds reasonable.
Btw, Burkina Faso is truly democratic. They've just forced their government to resign. Black power at its finest! :thumb001:

Makes me wonder how things there would have turned out if Thomas Sankara were still alive.

Leto
11-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Why not? There are loads of economic opportunities in Africa, especially in the mining sector. Congo has natural ressources beyond imagination. If it becomes more stable and stop having an ebola/coup d'état/AIDS/cannibalism/any other African speciality situation every 2 weeks, it might not be a bad place.
Sure. We don't know whether Africa will be the next global center or not.

Grenzland
11-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Are you kidding me? Africa is was and will always be used! Nothing more.

KawaiiKawaii
11-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Africa may be the next global center, but not the Africans themselves, the foreign powers who will control them will be. The Chinese are in full force there, the rest of the world tries to get a slice of the pie too. Europe is sadly loosing some grounds there to the Chinese.

Leto
11-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Are you kidding me? Africa is was and will always be used! Nothing more.

Africa may be the next global center, but not the Africans themselves, the foreign powers who will control them will be. The Chinese are in full force there, the rest of the world tries to get a slice of the pie too. Europe is sadly loosing some grounds there to the Chinese.
Do you think they all aren't capable of doing anything worthwhile?

KawaiiKawaii
11-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Do you think they all aren't capable of doing anything worthwhile?

I'm not a racist, I think they can, but they lack the culture to do it. Tribalism, weird thoughts about killing albinos for health, obsession about sex, lack of education (and lack of motivation to be educated!), these are the reasons for their total failure.

There are some better countries too. Botswana and Namibia are very stable countries, for example.

Leto
11-01-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm not a racist, I think they can, but they lack the culture to do it. Tribalism, weird thoughts about killing albinos for health, obsession about sex, lack of education (and lack of motivation to be educated!), these are the reasons for their total failure.

There are some better countries too. Botswana and Namibia are very stable countries, for example.
It's hard to disagree. They seem to lack just about everything now.

Leto
11-01-2014, 06:59 PM
The richest country in the world.:picard1:
http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ebf721640/images/congola75-2.jpg
When I complain about the life in Russia, I should always remember the life in the DRC.