PDA

View Full Version : Why are women more accepting of homosexuality compared to men?

Sky earth
11-02-2014, 05:43 PM
http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/06/04/the-global-divide-on-homosexuality/

So women are worldwide more tolerant toward gays than men but why? Is there an evolutionary reason behind it?

Gender and Age and Views of Homosexuality

In most of the countries surveyed, views of homosexuality do not differ significantly between men and women. But in the countries where there is a gender gap, women are considerably more likely than men to say homosexuality should be accepted by society.

Carignan
11-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Homosexuals tend to have the same interests as women, thus women feel closer to them and want the best for them.
Women views homosexuals as their male confident and are more exposed to homosexuality. I'm not saying all women enjoy
spending time with homosexuals but for young people, it seems like a trend

Beit El
11-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Empathy in combination with the fact that homosexuality is probably an evolutionary biological interest for women:

The so-called "gay uncle" hypothesis posits that people who themselves do not have children may nonetheless increase the prevalence of their family's genes in future generations by providing resources (food, supervision, defense, shelter, etc.) to the offspring of their closest relatives. This hypothesis is an extension of the theory of kin selection. Kin selection was originally developed to explain apparent altruistic acts which seemed to be maladaptive. The initial concept was suggested by J.B.S. Haldane in 1932 and later elaborated by many others including John Maynard Smith, W. D. Hamilton and Mary Jane West-Eberhard.[51] This concept was also used to explain the patterns of certain social insects where most of the members are non-reproductive.

AKA homosexuals might be 'bonus' protectors and providers of the community and family without being reproductive threats to other men.

Another reason might be that the brains of male homosexuals are more similar to the brains of female heterosexuals than to male heterosexuals, so they experience things in the same way and have overlapping interests.

Unome
11-02-2014, 06:09 PM
This topic actually is very simple to learn and understand.

Females use sex (attraction/femininity/seduction/allure) to acquire power, social influence, and resources in life. Males do not, compared to females. When a male uses sex to acquire power, then he is seen as effeminate, emasculated, feminine, faggish, and queer. So homosexual men use the female means to power (willpower) to succeed in life. Females support this, feel similarity and likeness to it.

Because it contributes to the overall, general idea, that using sex in life to succeed, is morally good, righteous, or just (ie. Liberalism).

Males classically have found success in life outside of sex. Men have been greater politickal leaders, great military leaders, great scientists, physicists, philosophers, thinkers, athletes, warriors, etc.

Women have done none of these things. Because females still, biologically, rely on their sexual potency to acquire resources in life.

Conclusion: Homosexuals essentially exhibit "pro-female" behavior (liberal/promiscuous sexuality).

Incal
11-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Gossip.

Ouistreham
11-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Male homosexuality and female homosexuality are two totally different things.

Let's go back to our hunter/gatherers era.

Men have gone out for hunting.
Among them there is the usual % of faggots, who respect and obey and worship so much the leader of the pack that they would love to get his dick into their rectal cavity (passive domination relationship).

Meanwhile the women left on their own in the village lick and masturbate each other (egalitarian relationship), waiting for their males to be back.

Fortis in Arduis
11-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Men have anal fears and repressed desires regarding male homosexuals. The anal fears are amusing, along with the assertion that they "don't want it rammed down their throats."

Old, but gold.

Jean
11-10-2014, 11:24 AM
The anal fears are amusing.

I can't see what's amusing here.
My asshole is a great tool to expel shit out of my body. For pleasure I have a dick.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2014, 11:29 AM
But women also tolerate lesbianism much more than men do homosexuality. It would indeed be interesting to investigate why.

Odin
10-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Because it's 2017.

Antimage
10-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Women = Genetically more accepting,empathic, nurturing etc.. This is why they are also more pro refugee.
There are innate differences between how the two sexes act and think althogh these days they are downplayed usually with these gender theory bullshits eg. "Woman acts feminine because society expects her to do so"

Óttar
10-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Way to resurrect a dead thread, but I'll have a go at this.

I agree with the "gay uncle" hypothesis. Nature does not have anthromorphic properties. It is indifferent. It does not make a value judgment that every organism has to reproduce. Nature may randomly "assign" homosexuality, among other things, as a natural form of birth control. There are many people who decide not to have children and instead decide to contribute their resources to collateral relatives like nieces and nephews. My aunts, having decided to forgo reproduction, have done this with me. In Hindu Indian culture, aunts act as surrogate mothers, helping to raise their sister's offspring. This is betrayed by the Hindi word for aunt, mamsi, which literally translated means "mother-like" or "mother-ish."

In pre-modern Germany, you had a kin relation called an Oheim who was a maternal uncle and it was his job to guide his sister's offspring and defend him/her/them with his life.

In hegemonic patriarchal cultures (the typical ones which emerged with the consolidation of agriculture), male homosexuality is discouraged because any affecting of traditionally feminine behaviors by a male is seen as a threat; a liability which rival males from rival groups can exploit. In these cultures, the men form an association of hunters, the Maennerbund, and as warriors they are expected to not betray emotion or weakness because it is their duty to defend their realm from attackers and to conquer land.

Also, in some cultures, homosexuals belong to the woman's sphere, doing traditional domestic activities like socializing, gathering, and weaving. See the film "Little Big Man" about a White man who is kidnapped and adopted into a Native American tribe.