PDA

View Full Version : Rate your feelings towards Romanians and Romania

Nurzat
11-05-2014, 10:01 PM
vote in the poll (anonymous), don't comment, I won't follow answers, I'm not interested in the motives

Linebacker
11-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Same as my relations to most of the countries.Non-caring.

I wouldn't miss them if they suddenly disappear.

Ars Moriendi
11-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Voted.

Borna
11-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Same.

Zmey Gorynych
11-06-2014, 04:54 AM
Should've made the poll public. I'm somewhere in between 3 and 5 but I'm not a 4.

By the way all of those that hate us can suck our dicks.

Mortimer
11-06-2014, 04:57 AM
I voted and you dont want me to comment.

Ianus
11-06-2014, 06:20 AM
I think we here have too many Romanians, and above all too many Romanians here that are criminals. My position is beween number 4 and 5.

Nurzat
11-06-2014, 06:52 AM
I voted 3 (that's the maximum any nation would get from me :) ). Poll is only trying to observe der Hitze des Augenblicks (the heat of the moment) on this topic among Europeans. I hope many vote, it's anonymous anyway.

result is perfectly balanced at the moment, with 1/3 being indifferent, 1/3 positive and 1/3 negative about them. cool

if you ask me I could only judge any nation (because it includes a loose generalization) by "OK", "indifferent about them" or "dislike".. but I put in the poll some more extreme options because I know people tend to be extremist (in both liking and disliking) and I'm interested in the honest opinion :)

Mortimer
11-06-2014, 07:58 AM
I voted 3 (that's the maximum any nation would get from me :) ). Poll is only trying to observe der Hitze des Augenblicks (the heat of the moment) on this topic among Europeans. I hope many vote, it's anonymous anyway.

result is perfectly balanced at the moment, with 1/3 being indifferent, 1/3 positive and 1/3 negative about them. cool

if you ask me I could only judge any nation (because it includes a loose generalization) by "OK", "indifferent about them" or "dislike".. but I put in the poll some more extreme options because I know people tend to be extremist (in both liking and disliking) and I'm interested in the honest opinion :)

since you broke your own rule and said what you voted, i will say what i voted too. I voted "They are ok".

Vlach
11-06-2014, 10:31 AM
If you are not hungarian and you hate us, you have some problems.

CodreanuC
11-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Same.

I would rather nicely ask you to abstain from voting.
I don't think romanians need someone from a country with a SMS history length to give his opinion.

dude
11-06-2014, 04:32 PM
I voted and I'm indifferent to Romanians. But I am commenting just because you said not to.

wvwvw
11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
# 4 Indifferent leaning towards negative

Nurzat
11-07-2014, 03:49 PM
at the moment:

40.63% positive
37.50% indifferent
21.88% negative

but... probably most of those opting for indifferent are rather negative about them, I would count it as:

~50% positive
~50% negative

it's still way better than what I was expecting

Peikko
11-07-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm completely indifferent. I've never even met anyone from Romania.

Nurzat
11-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Do you think we should depopulate it of men and go live in it with their women?

Ars Moriendi
11-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Do you think we should depopulate it of men and go live in it with their women?

Velaxa says that some couples of Hungarian/Romanian parents, even when the Hungarian is the male spouse, tend to generate children that identify as Romanian. So, it could be a solution, as long as the Magyar identity is reaffirmed once more and Hungary is a proud strong State. It it's just to have your kid barely handling Hungarian and talking to you in Slavo-Vlach, while he goes on about how great it is to be Romanian, might as well not even try.

If it is to train children in the guise of Matthias Corvinus, that in spite of their Romanian blood give their best for Hungary and see themselves as Hungarians, then of course.

Zmey Gorynych
11-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Velaxa says that some couples of Hungarian/Romanian parents, even when the Hungarian is the male spouse, tend to generate children that identify as Romanian. So, it could be a solution, as long as the Magyar identity is reaffirmed once more and Hungary is a proud strong State. It it's just to have your kid barely handling Hungarian and talking to you in Slavo-Vlach, while he goes on about how great it is to be Romanian, might as well not even try.

If it is to train children in the guise of Matthias Corvinus, that in spite of their Romanian blood give their best for Hungary and see themselves as Hungarians, then of course.
Gyomber is a romanian you south-american fool. You just got trolled. Speaking of romanians in Hungary, isn't it ironic that 2 of 3 greatest figures in hungarian history were romanians by blood (ok Matthias only half romanian), the other being a mix of almost every european ethnicity except hungarian.

Ars Moriendi
11-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Gyomber is a romanian you south-american fool. You just got trolled. Speaking of romanians in Hungary, isn't it ironic that 2 of 3 greatest figures in hungarian history were romanians by blood (ok Matthias only half romanian), the other being a mix of almost every european ethnicity except hungarian.

Not really. The Carpathian bassin was always a crossroads of people. In terms of "blood" (would be more accurate to say ancestry), you can track Pannonians, Huns, Avars, Slavs of different kinds, some Romanians,some Cumans, some Germans, etc. That is secondary, the thing that does matter is that the State that developed the land from a wild backwater with few cities, to one of the oldest and most important kingdoms in European history, was created by the Magyars under the Árpád dinasty.

If other peoples that lived there before, or that came after spoused the Magyar identity, only proves the great value that the State has.

Pretty similar to all the old kingdoms of Europe, France being a great example (oldest State in Europe) of how the minority of Franks, managed to revamp the Gallo-Roman majority culture, blend with it, and afterwards assimilate more people into it, whether Scandinavian Normans, Celtic Bretons or North Italian Savoyans.

Similar cases can be found everywhere. Charles V was born in Flanders and his first language was probably Dutch, yet he spent the majority of his time in Spain, and referred to the Spanish language as "the only one I use to address God". His son, John of Austria, whose mother was either Bavarian or Ashkenazi, always served the Spanish Crown, he was referred to as "Juan" by most European courts, and his identity has been sealed in Spanish history as one of the greatest generals of the Spanish Empire, in spite of being Dutch/Germanic by ancestry. Similar case to the Cardenal Infante, victor of Nordlingen.

So, the case of Hunyadi and Corvinus isn't that strange really. People that chose to serve a greater interest and identity out of their free will+education. Hungarians recognize them for that reason, not because of an ill-conceived notion of purity, that is actually devoid of meaning both in Hungarian history and human demographics.

In fact, there is one thing I find much more interesting that you might have noticed:

- Old countries with proud histories (France, Hungary, Spain, even England): Their accomplishment and heroes are numerous and they are recognized for factual victories and service to the country, regardless of their ethnic origin and personal circumstances.
- New countries, created from the XIX Century onwards: Little accomplishments to show for, and that void is in turn filled with rewriting of history. FYROM is the best example of this, tying themselves to Alexander the Great with ancestry as sole vector, in order to fill an otherwise short and uninspiring history.

Zmey Gorynych
11-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Not really. The Carpathian bassin was always a crossroads of people. In terms of "blood" (would be more accurate to say ancestry), you can track Pannonians, Huns, Avars, Slavs of different kinds, some Romanians,some Cumans, some Germans, etc. That is secondary, the thing that does matter is that the State that developed the land from a wild backwater with few cities, to one of the oldest and most important kingdoms in European history, was created by the Magyars under the Árpád dinasty.
Again with the Carpathian basin? You're repeating like a parrot what blogen or some other hunagrian told you. There's no Carpathian basin but there is a Pannonian basin which does not include Transylvania. You can bow to the state as much as you like but it is men (great men) that build cities, win wars, reform the society and not the empty structure called state. If I take a look at the history of a people and their country and see that most of their achievements were made by representants of minorities it tells me something (actually a lot) about that nation.

If other peoples that lived there before, or that came after spoused the Magyar identity, only proves the great value that the State has.
Do you hear yourself: state, state, state? Do you at least understand that your ardent statism is in direct contradiction with your declared anti-globalist views. Or are you simply being a hypocrite and in fact want everyone's lives to be succumbed to the government just not the one which is taking control right now. Another major flaw (or maybe it's not flaw at all but another sample of hypocrisy) in your thinking is that despite your statist outlook you opportunistically support a nationalist movement in what you regard as an enemy state. How about some consistency !?

Pretty similar to all the old kingdoms of Europe, France being a great example (oldest State in Europe) of how the minority of Franks, managed to revamp the Gallo-Roman majority culture, blend with it, and afterwards assimilate more people into it, whether Scandinavian Normans, Celtic Bretons or North Italian Savoyans.

Similar cases can be found everywhere. Charles V was born in Flanders and his first language was probably Dutch, yet he spent the majority of his time in Spain, and referred to the Spanish language as "the only one I use to address God". His son, John of Austria, whose mother was either Bavarian or Ashkenazi, always served the Spanish Crown, he was referred to as "Juan" by most European courts, and his identity has been sealed in Spanish history as one of the greatest generals of the Spanish Empire, in spite of being Dutch/Germanic by ancestry. Similar case to the Cardenal Infante, victor of Nordlingen.
Yeah I know, the STATE, right?

So, the case of Hunyadi and Corvinus isn't that strange really. People that chose to serve a greater interest and identity out of their free will+education. Hungarians recognize them for that reason, not because of an ill-conceived notion of purity, that is actually devoid of meaning both in Hungarian history and human demographics.
Nobody said it's strange. The notion that you speak of has great importance in hungarian history because if it didn't they would have no problem recognizing Hunedoara's romanian origin.

In fact, there is one thing I find much more interesting that you might have noticed:

- Old countries with proud histories (France, Hungary, Spain, even England): Their accomplishment and heroes are numerous and they are recognized for factual victories and service to the country, regardless of their ethnic origin and personal circumstances.
- New countries, created from the XIX Century onwards: Little accomplishments to show for, and that void is in turn filled with rewriting of history. FYROM is the best example of this, tying themselves to Alexander the Great with ancestry as sole vector, in order to fill an otherwise short and uninspiring history.
I did notice it but I'm a little surprised that you included Hungary in the first category. Aren't the hungarians champions at tying themselves to various ancient peoples: huns, sarmatians, sumerians (insert any group you like here). Does this strike you as a mark of a nation with proud history or is it a symptom of a confused nation, a nation in search for its identity?

Vlach
11-11-2014, 02:23 PM

Romania is a state formed by more little states(nation state). Romanian nation is a old one, you cant compare romanian nation with macedonia.

wvwvw
11-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Romania is a state formed by more little states(nation state). Romanian nation is a old one, you can compare romanian nation with macedonia.

What about Macedonia?

Vlach
11-11-2014, 02:36 PM
What about Macedonia?

Macedonia is a new nation.

wvwvw
11-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Macedonia is a new nation.

Macedonia is not a new nation but a new country consisting of many ethnicities with distinct cultures (ie. Bulgarians, Albanians, Turks) but is also a wider region which includes Macedonia (the newly created country), parts of Eastern Bulgaria, and parts of Northern Greece (the historical Macedonia)

But Ancient Macedonians have never been a nation but were a Greek tribe (just like other Greek tribes) who belonged to the Hellenic nation.

Vlach
11-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Macedonia is not a new nation but a new country consisting of many ethnicities with distinct cultures (ie. Bulgarians, Albanians, Turks) but is also a wider region which includes Macedonia (the newly created country), parts of Eastern Bulgaria, and parts of Northern Greece (the historical Macedonia)

But Ancient Macedonians have never been a nation but were a Greek tribe (just like other Greek tribes) who belonged to the Hellenic nation.

The people called the macedonians as bulgarians ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Balkans-ethnic_%281861%29.jpg

Anyway, there's are more threads about macedonia on their subforum. Go there.

Highlands
11-11-2014, 02:56 PM
3 - OK

Ars Moriendi
11-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Romania is a state formed by more little states(nation state). Romanian nation is a old one, you cant compare romanian nation with macedonia.

As far as I'm aware, the first country that could anyhow be related to Romanians, is the Principality of Wallachia, created in 1330. It was only the southern region of current Romania, whose current form has less than 100 years.

The Kingdom of Hungary was created in the year 1000, and even under Szent István, its historic territorial form was developed between 1000 and 1100:

http://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/1100/1100.jpg

Which is why Transleuthania has always been a coherent geographic-historical continuum :)

mikhail
11-11-2014, 10:10 PM
If you are not hungarian and you hate us, you have some problems.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Balkan_War

Backstabbers.

Itarildë
11-11-2014, 10:14 PM
I like them and the country. I have spent quite a bit of time in Romania and I really enjoyed myself. However, the whole situation with the stray dogs and gypsies abusing the animals and shitting in the streets put me off A LOT. However, some of the Romanian people I met were respectful, friendly, helpful and would do anything to make my time there more enjoyable. Would go back!

Äijä
11-11-2014, 10:29 PM
I like them and the country. I have spent quite a bit of time in Romania and I really enjoyed myself. However, the whole situation with the stray dogs and gypsies abusing the animals and shitting in the streets put me off A LOT. However, some of the Romanian people I met were respectful, friendly, helpful and would do anything to make my time there more enjoyable. Would go back!

The gypsies belong to the field and the dogs watching them.

♥ Lily ♥
11-11-2014, 10:48 PM
I know that UKIP strongly wants to keep Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants out of Britain.

I once met a Bulgarian guy in London, close to my home, who followed me around the canals one morning and then he followed me into the shopping precinct, and it made me nervous and so I took a circular route to check if I was being followed and when I saw him standing there and staring at me again when I came out of a shop, I started feeling panicky. I decided to walk back towards my home hoping I was being paranoid and I heard him walking behind up close behind me and my heart started beating in fear (I thought he was going to mug me).

Then he suddenly stopped me and gave me some flowers he'd bought, and I smiled in relief. He then kissed my hand and took my photo with his phone-camera which I thought was a bit rude, and asked me to meet him for a date. I thought he was quite a handsome guy, so I politely said I'd meet him again. I met him later that evening, but he wouldn't stop touching me and I found that quite overbearing and I kept standing up to walk hoping he'd get a hint, but he still kept touching me everywhere, even when we stood up to walk, so then I made excuses to go home by myself. Also, it was very difficult for us to communicate because he spoke very little English, and communication was a lot of effort and struggle, even though he had a job here on a building site closeby, which he showed me. He suggested we walk into quiet and secluded areas which I refused to do and I started worrying wondering why he kept trying to get me to go into quiet areas and didn't like the way he was touching me so much. Then I got worried thinking he might have a knife on him and I had to leave.

I don't know if that's the culture in his country on first dates, but it made me feel uncomfortable, because his hands were everywhere and there was people around as we were sitting in a public place and I found it extremely embarrassing.

He rang me the next day and I said my Irish friend was helping me to decorate my home and he got furious saying he wanted to paint my home instead, and both me and my friend thought that was so rude because I hardly even knew this person. He then kept ringing and texting and his English was difficult to understand, and then I thought he might be a serial killer because he asked to meet me in quiet places, and I got very scared again, so I never met him again.

I met a nice Romanian female once, (totally different to some of the rude posters I've met from Bulgaria and Romania on this forum who keep making attacks on English people). She was extremely polite and we got along very well. A lovely person with an amazing accent which I mistook for being Italian initially.

I was sitting on a London tube once and reading the metro paper and I remember seeing an article about English people complaining about Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants manners and that they were being given lessons on our customs to try to help them to integrate better, such as teaching them that staring is considered rude in our culture, and other things I read about the complaints received by English people regarding immigrants from Bulgaria and Romania. (We have an etiquette rule on the London Underground about eye-contact on the tubes - people generally avoid eye contact on public transport in London, as people will think you're a psycho if you stare at strangers on the tubes, but the immigrants weren't aware of this.)

I have seen gypsies sitting on the underground from Romania and Bulgaria sending their children to beg on the tubes and there was public announcements spoken over the tannoy on the LU stations to ignore the gypsies and to not give the children begging on the tubes any money. It was distressing to see the children begging for money on the tubes and they made the passengers feel uncomfortable too, and the police moved them away. I've also seen them trying to sell duty-free goods outside London stores and the police arrested them all.

I met one other Bulgarian or Romanian guy (I can't remember which one he said he was now) who did a repair job in my home. He was very polite and friendly.

Apart from those experiences, I've not met or seen any other Romanians or Bulgarians, not in my region of London anyway.

mikhail
11-11-2014, 11:36 PM
I know that UKIP strongly wants to keep Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants out of Britain.

I once met a Bulgarian guy in London, close to my home, who followed me around the canals one morning and then he followed me into the shopping precinct, and it made me nervous and so I took a circular route to check if I was being followed and when I saw him standing there and staring at me again when I came out of a shop, I started feeling panicky. I decided to walk back towards my home hoping I was being paranoid and I heard him walking behind up close behind me and my heart started beating in fear (I thought he was going to mug me).

Then he suddenly stopped me and gave me some flowers he'd bought, and I smiled in relief. He then kissed my hand and took my photo with his phone-camera which I thought was a bit rude, and asked me to meet him for a date. I thought he was quite a handsome guy, so I politely said I'd meet him again. I met him later that evening, but he wouldn't stop touching me and I found that quite overbearing and I kept standing up to walk hoping he'd get a hint, but he still kept touching me everywhere, even when we stood up to walk, so then I made excuses to go home by myself. Also, it was very difficult for us to communicate because he spoke very little English, and communication was a lot of effort and struggle, even though he had a job here on a building site closeby, which he showed me. He suggested we walk into quiet and secluded areas which I refused to do and I started worrying wondering why he kept trying to get me to go into quiet areas and didn't like the way he was touching me so much. Then I got worried thinking he might have a knife on him and I had to leave.

I don't know if that's the culture in his country on first dates, but it made me feel uncomfortable, because his hands were everywhere and there was people around as we were sitting in a public place and I found it extremely embarrassing.

He rang me the next day and I said my Irish friend was helping me to decorate my home and he got furious saying he wanted to paint my home instead, and both me and my friend thought that was so rude because I hardly even knew this person. He then kept ringing and texting and his English was difficult to understand, and then I thought he might be a serial killer because he asked to meet me in quiet places, and I got very scared again, so I never met him again.

I met a nice Romanian female once, (totally different to some of the rude posters I've met from Bulgaria and Romania on this forum who keep making attacks on English people). She was extremely polite and we got along very well. A lovely person with an amazing accent which I mistook for being Italian initially.

I was sitting on a London tube once and reading the metro paper and I remember seeing an article about English people complaining about Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants manners and that they were being given lessons on our customs to try to help them to integrate better, such as teaching them that staring is considered rude in our culture, and other things I read about the complaints received by English people regarding immigrants from Bulgaria and Romania. (We have an etiquette rule on the London Underground about eye-contact on the tubes - people generally avoid eye contact on public transport in London, as people will think you're a psycho if you stare at strangers on the tubes, but the immigrants weren't aware of this.)

I have seen gypsies sitting on the underground from Romania and Bulgaria sending their children to beg on the tubes and there was public announcements spoken over the tannoy on the LU stations to ignore the gypsies and to not give the children begging on the tubes any money. It was distressing to see the children begging for money on the tubes and they made the passengers feel uncomfortable too, and the police moved them away. I've also seen them trying to sell duty-free goods outside London stores and the police arrested them all.

I met one other Bulgarian or Romanian guy (I can't remember which one he said he was now) who did a repair job in my home. He was very polite and friendly.

Apart from those experiences, I've not met or seen any other Romanians or Bulgarians, not in my region of London anyway.

I think you should be worrying more about the millions of British Muslims declaring jihad on you on a daily basis than a few thousand Bulgarians and Romanians :laugh:

Zmey Gorynych
11-12-2014, 05:57 AM
As far as I'm aware, the first country that could anyhow be related to Romanians, is the Principality of Wallachia, created in 1330. It was only the southern region of current Romania, whose current form has less than 100 years.

The Kingdom of Hungary was created in the year 1000, and even under Szent István, its historic territorial form was developed between 1000 and 1100:

Which is why Transleuthania has always been a coherent geographic-historical continuum :)
Current form, what the hell is that? Borders change all the time. What counts is that Romania's territory is inhabited by romanians (and each historical region, including Transylvania, is overwhelmingly romanian).

The connection between romanians and their historical states is a direct one. The discontinuity exists only in the deluded heads of falsifiers. The almost identical culture of the 3 regions led to the union which resulted in present day Romania.

Transleithania (not Transleuthania) is history and it was as coherent as a gathering of mental patients.

Anyway who de fuck are you to pass judgement on who should rule 5,5 million of romanian transylvanians? Fuck off from the romanian section south american mongrel.

yellow dog
11-12-2014, 06:01 AM

UKIP are a bunch of empty-headed fuckwits, just like you

Ars Moriendi
11-12-2014, 06:19 AM
You're a curious person. In spite of being a normal human being with good references, you also seem to not know how to take a normal discussion board for what it is, and instead resort to lowly language quite easily, even when it's completely unnecessary. Odd.

Best regards :)

Thank you for the correction though. I made a typographic mistake (U key is next to the I key), and didn't actually notice. Well spotted.

Current form, what the hell is that? Borders change all the time. What counts is that Romania's territory is inhabited by romanians (and each historical region, including Transylvania, is overwhelmingly romanian).

The connection between romanians and their historical states is a direct one. The discontinuity exists only in the deluded heads of falsifiers. The almost identical culture of the 3 regions led to the union which resulted in present day Romania.

Transleithania (not Transleuthania) is history and it was as coherent as a gathering of mental patients.

Anyway who de fuck are you to pass judgement on who should rule 5,5 million of romanian transylvanians? Fuck off from the romanian section south american mongrel.

Zmey Gorynych
11-12-2014, 06:33 AM
You're a curious person. In spite of being a normal human being with good references, you also seem to not know how to take a normal discussion board for what it is, and instead resort to lowly language quite easily, even when it's completely unnecessary. Odd.
I'm not a curious person and I don't believe in flattery. I also don't believe in respect (mine for others and that of others for me). I find particularly comical the exercise of respect in this kind of places. The notion of respect is comical in general but in these internet forums it takes on a whole new dimension.

I once met a Bulgarian guy in London, close to my home, who followed me around the canals one morning and then he followed me into the shopping precinct,and it made me nervous and so I took a circular route to check if I was being followed and when I saw him standing there and staring at me again when I came out of a shop, I started feeling panicky. I decided to walk back towards my home hoping I was being paranoid and I heard him walking behind up close behind me and my heart started beating in fear (I thought he was going to mug me).

I don't know if that's the culture in his country on first dates, but it made me feel uncomfortable, because his hands were everywhere and there was people around as we were sitting in a public place and I found it extremely embarrassing
Non of this is normal behaviour (I'd like to think anywhere in the world). My question is why did you went with him on a date? I find this, at the very least, strange.

Ars Moriendi
11-12-2014, 06:46 AM
I'm not a curious person and I don't believe in flattery. I also don't believe in respect (mine for others and that of others for me). I find particularly comical the exercise of respect in this kind of places. The notion of respect is comical in general but in these internet forums it takes on a whole new dimension.

You kind of are though. For some reason you do tend to quote me a lot, even posts that weren't anyhow addressed or with heavy personal connotations. It's something I've noted for a while though.

By doing so, I've noted some other curious associations you tend to do. 1/3 or more of the post is dedicated not to actually comment on something you like, or to correct something I said, but rather just to do personal comments, even if nothing of the like was said in the post I commented.

I've collected a few of your descriptions of me, and other than being negative, some are even contradictory, which makes me wonder why you tell them in the first place. For example, in one of your comments you referred to me as "someone that used to leech of a better country", I suppose that by referring to the couple of years I lived in France. Fair enough, you believe that I'm a poor nobody that used to (why would I have stopped?) profit of a foreign country's welfare system.

Yet, a couple of days later, you describe me as "a rich kid who spends the whole day doing nothing". If I am a rich kid, why would I need to leech of a country's welfare system? Or conversely, if I am welfare, and am a poor insignificant person, why tease with the complete opposite? Do you believe I sponged enough money through welfare, till the point I became rich?

In this thread, where I've only said some dates and some simple references for the most part; twice you've gone out of your way to highlight my geographic origin, even though nothing of what I said relates to it. Do you think it makes what I said less valid?

I've read a number of your posts, and some are quite good. Good substantiation, and well exposed. I said you are curious, because even though occasionally you do write like that; in other occasions you display erratic behaviour (example of contradictory insults I gave) and off-topic generic insults.

Zmey Gorynych
11-12-2014, 07:08 AM
I'm a negative person. I know and accept this and I'm not pretending to be something else. You misunderstood the first comment. That comment was made in a specific context and it didn't imply that you took money from someone (if I'm wrong find the comment and rub my face in it).
You're not the only person I treated this way so I hope you don't feel persecuted or stalked.

blogen
11-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Again with the Carpathian basin? You're repeating like a parrot what blogen or some other hunagrian told you. There's no Carpathian basin but there is a Pannonian basin which does not include Transylvania.

:loco:

ps. The Romanian nationalist naming policy is irrevelant here. Since this is the watershed of the Tisza river:

http://www.geoinf.uni-jena.de/uploads/pics/tisza_basin_09.png

Yep. That is the Translyvanian basin there and this is the eastern part the Carpathian basin. :D

Since the Transylvanian basin is geologically, geographically, hydrographically, etc. part of the Carpathian basin.

Zmey Gorynych
11-13-2014, 04:58 AM
:loco:

ps. The Romanian nationalist naming policy is irrevelant here. Since this is the watershed of the Tisza river:

Yep. That is the Translyvanian basin there and this is the eastern part the Carpathian basin. :D

Since the Transylvanian basin is geologically, geographically, hydrographically, etc. part of the Carpathian basin.
It's not the romanian naming policy you moron. Geographers from around the world have determined the name and the surface of the Pannonian Basin.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Pannonian_Basin.svg/640px-Pannonian_Basin.svg.png

The Pannonian Basin (marked III.), enclosed by the Carpathians and the Transylvanian Plateau (IV.) to the east and north. Also shown are the Romanian Lowlands (II.) and the Subcarpathian depressions (I.) beyond the Carpathians (also known as Transcarpathia). Sometimes included[by whom?] as peri-Pannonian is the Sava basin to the south (not indicated).

Another map which shows that Panonnia's climate is different from that of Transylvania.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Europe_biogeography_countries.svg/800px-Europe_biogeography_countries.svg.png

and here's a geological map of Europe. Do you see the difference between the pannonian basin and the transylvanian plateau (because that's the name of the region which you try to include in the pannonian basin)?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/ba/Europe_geological_map-fr.jpg

barbatus
11-13-2014, 05:11 AM
I have a good friend who is Romanian. I don't think much about Romania to be honest, so Idk. Ceausescu was an asshole.

Trun
12-02-2014, 03:10 PM

Cool story, Paki rose. How long did it take to make it up?

Nurzat
03-12-2015, 08:00 PM
results at the moment, after 55 anonymous votes: 20% positive, 60% neutral, 20% negative (of which half, 10%, hate)

00danieleinad00
08-19-2018, 11:07 PM
The shame of romania? the gypsies.... like in Bulgaria more gypsies there than in romania. And in hungary tooo the same proble. The gypsies are the shame too in Spain.

00danieleinad00
08-19-2018, 11:12 PM
That is true!

arkas
08-19-2018, 11:30 PM
I have a Romanian uncle, on my father's side, his sister is married to a Romanian Australian. He's nice and originates from Transylvania which I always found fascinating since the region's name is famous. Other than that, I have little to say about Romania or Romanians.

Carlito's Way
08-19-2018, 11:34 PM
i love them bad hoes with brown skin and dark hair

Myanthropologies
08-19-2018, 11:35 PM
10/10, because you and Seya are from there (a.k.a some of my favorite people)

Daco Celtic
06-27-2019, 12:40 AM
I like their cabbage rolls but that's me.

oszkar07
06-27-2019, 08:29 AM
Interesting country with pretty girls.

Ice
06-27-2019, 08:50 AM
Neutral.

I have met plenty of romanian females. Some of them were real hotties.

Nurzat
06-27-2019, 09:06 AM
Neutral.

I have met plenty of romanian females. Some of them were real hotties.

yes, and they all want to marry foreigners, especially Italians and Arabs

10/10, because you and Seya are from there (a.k.a some of my favorite people)

aww thank you sweety

Blondie
06-27-2019, 09:13 AM
My feeling is between neutral and negative.

The Lawspeaker
06-27-2019, 09:22 AM
It's the back of beyond. Somewhere near Europe's backdoor in some dark, smelly, barely furnished backroom of our European house while I'm overlooking the glittering waves of the North Sea and the Atlantic and occupying the best apartments in the house. I don't even want to know what's going on in the back ? Drug dealing ? Prostitution ? Murder ?

So it's a 4 for me.

catgeorge
06-27-2019, 09:22 AM
Thumbs up from me.

Crn Volk
06-27-2019, 12:50 PM
I like Romanians, especially Seya :p

farke1
06-27-2019, 01:04 PM
I voted 3. I haven't had much extended contact with Romanians and I've never visited Romania in my life before, so I can't really say much more than that. They seem to be of a more amiable disposition than many of their neighbours, though, in my experience, so that's a positive point.

Moje ime
06-27-2019, 01:12 PM
2 or 3

Ford
06-27-2019, 03:57 PM
I like them and I love their culture.

PaleoEuropean
06-27-2019, 04:01 PM
Never met a Romanian or been there so they are okay in my book.

Nurzat
06-27-2019, 07:10 PM
2 or 3

wow, really? believe me we/they score lower