PDA

View Full Version : Kiss of Love Protest in India

Mortimer
11-10-2014, 01:56 AM
What do you think about it

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Kiss-of-love-protest-outside-RSS-office-in-Delhi-70-detained/articleshow/45083193.cms?

NEW DELHI: Threats of violence on social media clearly don't deter Delhi's youth. Despite, or, perhaps because of them, hundreds of students from institutions of higher education turned up at the Jhandewalan Metro station to participate in Delhi's edition of 'Kiss of Love', the ongoing campaign against moral policing, on Saturday evening. They didn't make it to the planned venue—the RSS office at Jhandewalan—but police's attempts to contain them within the area around the station and keep the campaign peaceful failed as well.

Representing the Right's position that such activities are "un-Indian" was Hindu Sena. They were outnumbered at the start but called in reinforcements. The resistance had started online on Friday night itself. Numerous Sena members left threats and warnings in comments. Those who had organized the protest were threatened even on phone. "They would bring up their mothers and sisters and in the next minute threaten to f**k me, my family," said Pankhuri Zaheer from JNU's department of women's studies who had called for the protest. "I'm scared, of course, but there are a lot of people with me and they always will be."

The first kiss—a brief lip-lock at the station—led to a minor tussle with a Hindu Sena member. There was more kissing—both gay and straight—and hugging later.