PDA

View Full Version : No Deterrent.

Oresai
01-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Exclusive: Thug boasts to Bebo pals about time inside 'holiday camp' prison
Jan 15 2009 By Chris Mursson

A TWISTED teenage knife thug has been boasting on Bebo about having "some laugh" in a "holiday camp" jail.

Ian McNeish, 17, was sent to Polmont young offenders institution for stabbing a young man in a horrific street brawl that left another teenager dead.

But he was freed after just half his sentence and couldn't wait to start bragging to his pals about the cushy life he enjoyed behind bars.

McNeish wrote on Bebo: "That Polmont is a heavy canter mate. It is sum laugh mate - holiday camp."

He also used the website to announce his return from Polmont, telling his mates he was "just oot the jail".

McNeish was sentenced to 28 months in March last year for stabbing victim Liam Sneddon in the shoulder in Easterhouse, Glasgow, in August 2007.

During the same incident, McNeish's friend Ian "Ebo" Lowrie fatally stabbed Liam's pal Stuart Baillie, 19. Lowrie was accused of murder but was caged for 11 years for culpable homicide.

McNeish, who was also originally charged with Stuart's murder, paid a sick tribute to the killer on Bebo. He wrote:

"The bold Ebo Lowrie - locked up for doing the right thing and killing a grass."

As Stuart lay dying, another young ned, Christopher Spence, 19, kicked him in the head and walked away laughing.

Spence was caged for nine months but the Record revealed last week that he had been freed from Polmont on an electronic tag after serving just 10 weeks.

McNeish reveals on Bebo that he spoke to Spence "a few times" behind bars.

Stuart's family have been subjected to avile hate campaign since he was killed.

A message branding family members "grasses" was daubed on the wall of his 77-year-old granny, Margaret.

McNeish was out of Polmont when the graffiti appeared. Police are still investigating the incident.

Stuart's family refused to comment on McNeish's Bebo boasts, but a friend said: "The whole case involving Stuart's death and what has happened since is shameful. It stinks.

"Various charges were dropped or reduced, then Spence was allowed out before Christmas without Stuart's family even being told.

"Now we see McNeish gloating, and there have been death threats against Stuart's brother Scott."

Scott, 22, was threatened while McNeish was still behind bars.

The thug was freed in October. A Scottish government spokesman said: "There's no supervision or conditions imposed on a youth offender who has been freed early."

A paramedic called to the attack on Stuart had to sit helpless in her vehicle for 13 minutes because of rules forbidding her from working without back-up. The regulations were changed after a Daily Record campaign.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/01/15/exclusive-thug-boasts-to-bebo-pals-about-time-inside-holiday-camp-prison-86908-21042035/

Treffie
01-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Scum, that's all he is, but why was he only sentenced for 28 months?

Oresai
01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Sentencing in the UK is a joke now. They may as well pack them off on a free holiday after all, for all the good it does.

Psychonaut
01-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Things like do nothing but entrench in my mind that prisons need to cut out any and all 'creature comforts' (beds, television, tasty food, etc.). I'd love to see prisons transform so that each inmate spends 24 hours a day in a 10 x 10 cement room with no windows, eats nothing but gruel, and has nothing to do but sit and think about what they've done.

Beorn
01-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Things like do nothing but entrench in my mind that prisons need to cut out any and all 'creature comforts' (beds, television, tasty food, etc.). I'd love to see prisons transform so that each inmate spends 24 hours a day in a 10 x 10 cement room with no windows, eats nothing but gruel, and has nothing to do but sit and think about what they've done.

For the love of God give them a window at least!! :eek: :D

I am not wholly without mercy. A life without a window to at least peer ruefully from is too much.

Pino
01-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Please keep in mind those of us who go out there confronting our enemy are at serious risk of ending up in prison our selfs.

I've got a court case over my head at the moment for getting into a "physical confontation" with an anti-racist campaigner at a BNP rally in Liverpool in December which could well land well me prison in worst case scenario.

So long as our racial comrades are getting sent to prison by Judges who want to condemn our race to death I cannot accept turning prisons into torture chambers.