PDA

View Full Version : Food, Inc.

The Lawspeaker
04-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Food, Inc. (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/5rakrMlDCUs/)

More about the documentary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food,_Inc.).

Aemma
04-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Just finished watching this! Thank you My Dutch Uncle! Absolutely brilliant. A documentary well worth watching.

Bloodeagle
04-09-2010, 11:46 PM
This film has inspired me to change my culinary lifestyle.:thumb001:

Tabiti
04-10-2010, 05:23 AM
This film made me happy I don't live in USA. However, almost all the meat, corn and other cultures here are imported, gods know from where.

la bombe
02-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I finally got around to watching this and it was definitely worth the time. The food industry in the US is so sick and disturbing. The scenes from the factory "farms" alone were very upsetting :puke:

And I do like how they talked about the evil that is the corn industry.

This film and other things that have been on my mind recently have inspired me to learn how to grow food. I looked around and found a local community garden and I can't wait to actually start learning :)

Aemma
02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I finally got around to watching this and it was definitely worth the time. The food industry in the US is so sick and disturbing. The scenes from the factory "farms" alone were very upsetting :puke:

And I do like how they talked about the evil that is the corn industry.

This film and other things that have been on my mind recently have inspired me to learn how to grow food. I looked around and found a local community garden and I can't wait to actually start learning :)

That sounds really exciting LB and good on you! There's nothing more fun and empowering than growing your own food. Hats off to you! :thumbs up

la bombe
02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
That sounds really exciting LB and good on you! There's nothing more fun and empowering than growing your own food. Hats off to you! :thumbs up

Yeah, it's pretty disturbing to realize how disconnected so many of us are from the foods we eat nowadays. Plus learning all of that information definitely scarred me. Those factory farms and slaughterhouses are going to haunt my dreams :(

Aemma
02-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it's pretty disturbing to realize how disconnected so many of us are from the foods we eat nowadays. Plus learning all of that information definitely scarred me. Those factory farms and slaughterhouses are going to haunt my dreams :(

Have you read any Michael Pollan of The Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defence of Food fame? Our one and only Lodd got me hooked onto him. Great reads if you liked this kind of documentary. :thumbs up

la bombe
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Have you read any Michael Pollan of The Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defence of Food fame? Our one and only Lodd got me hooked onto him. Great reads if you liked this kind of documentary. :thumbs up

No, but I was wanting to check it out because the author is so heavily involved in this movie. I definitely will now :)

Raikaswinþs
02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
thanks Civis once again. Will have a look at it just now.

la bombe
02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
It's also up on Youtube btw, I'm not a fan of that Chinese site

EEmIEEQOHpY

Gaztelu
03-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I saw this in my biology class last year. It shows the influence that corporations have in American politics.