PDA

View Full Version : Are Grindcore bands that use drum machines Tr00 Grindcore?

Eldritch
04-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Discuss.

Absinthe
04-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I believe it's called "electronic" or "industrial" grindcore when they use drum machines. I prefer the real thing. And by the way I'm going to a grindcore concert in two weeks :)

JBLPHA8vTFg

Acquaintances of mine. :)

Pallantides
04-10-2010, 03:38 PM
I'd rather listen to Lady Gaga :p

The Khagan
04-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Hell no.

zJG8i8j-SkY

Gigantic Brain is pretty cool though, although their ambient sections are better than their actual "grind" stuff, imo.

_NbBVby_Sds

Eldritch
04-10-2010, 05:00 PM
This video ought to make it quite clear what I myself think of this issue:

0FN6sOL3qyg

Baron Samedi
04-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Anaal Nathrakh rules.

2 men, drums all programmed on the records, though they have played live with real drummer before.

But who gives a fuck.... The music is earth-shattering.

Technology and brutality before tradition.

You bitches.

/thread.

7zYSv9IqzEg

Baron Samedi
04-10-2010, 06:44 PM
And for those that doubt.....

AVwMtp4AfjY

Hail fucking Britain.

Eldritch
04-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Funny, I was going post something by Anaal Nakrath as an example of the industrial/electro grind mentioned by Abs. I can see why people are into them, but I myself am not.

[I was a big Godflesh fan back in the day tho]

Baron Samedi
04-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Funny, I was going post something by Anaal Nakrath as an example of the industrial/electro grind mentioned by Abs. I can see why people are into them, but I myself am not.

[I was a big Godflesh fan back in the day tho]

I would personally suck VITRIOL's cock if I could sound as brutal as him.

Seriously, fags everywhere call things like Bal-Sagoth and shit like that "war metal".

This shit is the soundtrack to Armageddon.

I don't know how the fuck the dude doesn't die every time he enters the studio.

Baron Samedi
04-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Hell no.

zJG8i8j-SkY

Gigantic Brain is pretty cool though, although their ambient sections are better than their actual "grind" stuff, imo.

_NbBVby_Sds

Magrudergrind's vocalist is absolutely off his fucking rocker. Excellent.

The second video is totally trippy. Love it.

Baron Samedi
04-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Let's not forget about the Gabber-influenced Aussies, the Berzerker!

dqjt-0N-1rs

They do a GREAT cover of Carcass' "Corporeal Jigsore Quandry"

FUCKING DISTORTED KICK DRUMS. ARRRRRGH!!!!

Eldritch
04-10-2010, 07:29 PM

_476jL2FWpY

Hmmm. To be honest I lost interest about one minute in. Do a full-blown gabba version, and they might be on to something.

Imho it's a bad idea in general to do cover versions of classics in any genre. It's much preferable to cover less known songs, or songs are flawed somehow, whether it's with the production, arrangements, whatever -- as long as there actually is some room for improvement. This song doesn't really have any:

Qas0CxFbnvg

Eldritch
04-10-2010, 07:50 PM
To Separate the Flesh from the Bones: Deathgrind with Gas Lipstick from HIM on the drums.

orAF6dbLiHg

Eldritch
04-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Rotten Sound (the same band as in post #5, but with a different drummer) in the studio:

UnFC7fsqnUU

Eldritch
04-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Nasum were a bunch of pinkos, but musically I never had any complaints. I saw them live in HKI just before Mieszko died.

kC7jB727ic0

The Khagan
04-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Anaal Nathrakh rules.

2 men, drums all programmed on the records, though they have played live with real drummer before.

But who gives a fuck.... The music is earth-shattering.

Technology and brutality before tradition.

You bitches.

/thread.

Anaal Nathrakh are one of my favorite bands. However, the last album was lackluster. I wouldn't ever consider them fully "grind" though. The Codex Necro was pretty much just black metal, Hell Is Empty had one fairly grindish song on there, the one right after the intro with the title in German. They have guest vocals with the guy from Circle Of Dead Children on Genetic Noose and the vocal display on that song is absolutely mind boggling and disgusting.

FT6DEveXqWA

Excellent band, unique and creative as hell.

Magrudergrind's vocalist is absolutely off his fucking rocker. Excellent.

The second video is totally trippy. Love it.

Gigantic Brain is pretty awesome, but as a standard I tend to stay away from the whole "cybergrind" thing.

I love Grind, Deathgrind and powerviolence.

jVKkvA2wxSc

RVb9WrUfasY

Baron Samedi
04-11-2010, 01:13 AM
God this thread is giving me such a hard-on.

Tabiti
04-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Tr00 Grindcore is not promoted in fancy magazines, sold in ordinary metal shops with glossy 500 pages booklets, even if they contain autopsy pictures;)

The Khagan
04-11-2010, 08:27 AM
lol, such a gay elitist mentality. Image basis has two sides. Uber kvlt grind. Don't apply black metal standards to something that has no standards to begin with.

eYdMC6Mc69E

Daos
04-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Tr00 Grindcore is not promoted in fancy magazines, sold in ordinary metal shops with glossy 500 pages booklets, even if they contain autopsy pictures;)

Seriously?:puke: I guess it reflects the quality of the "music".

Tabiti
04-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Tr00 Grindcore is not music;)

Absinthe
04-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Tr00 Grindcore is not music;)
Not to mention that if it's longer than 40 seconds, it's not tr00 grindcore :p

Freomęg
04-11-2010, 11:27 AM
On a related note, most grindcore bands I've come across are overtly 'lefty', politically speaking. Black metal > Grindcore.

Eldritch
04-11-2010, 11:35 AM
On a related note, most grindcore bands I've come across are overtly 'lefty', politically speaking.

That's true -- for those Grindcore bands that actually try to convey some kind of political message, that is.

Thats probably because of Grind's HC punk roots, and the fact that as far as I know both Napalm Death and Extreme Noise Terror were/are lefties.

aikHE9qcQKc

Eldritch
05-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Let's not forget about the Gabber-influenced Aussies, the Berzerker!

FUCKING DISTORTED KICK DRUMS. ARRRRRGH!!!!

Suck it, Berzerker:

The Vulgar Pigeons' heartfelt rendition of this unforgettable classic golden oldie by Carcass fills me with Joie de vivre. :thumb001:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtNLgwhEcdA (no embedding)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oiqX5n8r3SY/SSsoh7bI2RI/AAAAAAAAG7I/faS2lHhQNiI/s400/Requiems+Of+Revulsion+-+Tribute+To+Carcass+Comp.+(1).JPG

Grumpy Cat
05-17-2010, 09:57 PM
I chose that I'd rather listen to Lady Gaga. And I don't really like Lady Gaga that much, which says a lot about grindcore. Cryptopsy is the closest to grindcore I'll go.

I have a good friend in a grindcore band and it pains me to pretend I like the music.

They should have put an option "I'd rather get a root canal with no anasthetic than listen to grindcore". Hell, grindcore sounds like someone in the dentist office getting a root canal with no anasthetic anyways.

Eldritch
05-18-2010, 12:03 AM
They should have put an option "I'd rather get a root canal with no anasthetic than listen to grindcore". Hell, grindcore sounds like someone in the dentist office getting a root canal with no anasthetic anyways.

That's kind of the point, actually. ;)

And with any luck, it also sounds as if the dentist's office is located in a submarine.

pBFD12AENG8

Aodhan
04-15-2015, 07:33 PM
it seems everyone who like grindcore got banned

Lusos
04-15-2015, 07:59 PM
"Other, please elaborate."

WTF Is Grindcore

Aodhan
04-16-2015, 01:12 AM
"Other, please elaborate."

WTF Is Grindcore